IPaul72 #1 Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 102 battles
Hello all & Welcome

Here is a place where you can discuss maps and also tactics used  :glasses:

Kind Regards
Your Community Team

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Winston Churchill

King_ExtincE #2 Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

You mad brah?

• Conquest Member
  • 5806 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
Sooo map discussion.. it's a bit vague? Supposed to discuss map features, likes/dislikes, or also rendering/textures etc?

IPaul72 #3 Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 102 battles
Hello again NRG_ExtincE
Well the thought of having somewhere to discuss maps is a nice idea.
However, this thread can be used for :
  • to discuss tactics what works and what doesn't
  • what you find fascinating about the maps
  • what you find bad about them also
  • strong points and weak points of the maps.
  • where to go and where not to go ect ect ..
But bare in mind the forum is still very young and will grow in time to include various other aspects and topic area's  :hiding:
Kind Regards
IPaul72

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Winston Churchill

King_ExtincE #4 Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

You mad brah?

• Conquest Member
  • 5806 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
Will do, thanks for clarification.. just wasn;t sure if we should include performance feedback/issues as well =)

bolerus #5 Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 5 battles
how about discussing, some more maps please.  I played 100+ missions at the weekend ( daughter had a sleep over and i found solace from screaming teenagers inside the cockpit)  and it got a little boring playing the same 3 ( or is it 4) maps over and over again

King_ExtincE #6 Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

You mad brah?

• Conquest Member
  • 5806 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
You have el haluf and harbor at tier 1 and 2 and 3
From tier 3 you can also end up at national park, which is played untill tier V. From tier 6 youll have 4 or even 5 more maps to play on ;)

bolerus #7 Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 5 battles
that will be the 4 then lol, im only upto t5

King_ExtincE #8 Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:50 AM

You mad brah?

• Conquest Member
  • 5806 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
from 6 you can get pulled on pacific, bay, arctic, asian border, lighthouse and I believe plateaus as well

Ziptop #9 Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:06 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 2839 battles
Just before OB release I'm pretty sure I got pulled onto Harbour in my La5 or La7 - it was quite refreshing to have a mid to high mid tier game on the "older / smaller" maps.

CrezyForest #10 Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:22 AM

Senior Airman

• 101 battles
  • [-BSU-] -BSU-
When this game is about to be  released there should be atleast 10 maps per Tier.
An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur?

MarkoZandar87 #11 Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

Airman Basic

• 232 battles
guys i have problem, last 10 days i think there is no maps shuffle, i play only pacific map...some now the problem ? thanks

Ziptop #12 Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 2839 battles
Maps - Description and Tactics.

Harbour. Tier 1 to 4
Green mountain ranges and a sea level bay. I have always thought it looked a bit like the upper Adriatic around Trieste.
Visibility mostly good, some smoke effects at ground level, light cloud at altitude.
Map is quite small, therefore enemy contact occurs quite quickly.
At sea level in the Harbour are many boats that fire upon aircraft. Avoid low level dogfights over these if they are not your boats!
The mountain area to the top of the map also has scattered ground targets that will fire on and inflict damage on lighter aircraft.

El Haluf Tier 1 to 4
Desert area with canyon to top and open water to bottom of map. No mountains. (Though the canyon introduces varied altitude landscape.
Visibility is excellent.
Like Harbour, this map is also quite small and contact occurs quite quickly.
Hostile ground targets are more concentrated near bases, but some scattered targets can still fire on aircraft.

Tactics.... Seek and destroy. :-)
Avoid low level dogfights over or near enemy ground targets when in light fighters.
Climb to alititude at start of battle. Or, if Ground attack, dive an run fast and low towards ground targets saying your prayers and crossing your fingers. - it sometimes works. ;-)  but I accept no responsibility for the 80% chance that it ends badly.

nevaldus #13 Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
Hey, is it normal for the maps to look patchy, or incomplete, for example, you can see the ocean template on the map and it looks like the ocean is above mountains, also can't see the ground and seem to crash in mid-air, i know it is open BETA and all but i wasn't sure whether it was my graphics, even though they are set on Default (Medium) and run fine. Another thing i just notcied is i can't really see greenland at all, houses and bases are flaoting in midair, and trees too.

Edited by nevaldus, 24 July 2013 - 03:42 PM.

GaiusHun #14 Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:39 AM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 517 battles
  • [HHR-A] HHR-A
I would like to apologize for the wrong English word measured.
Wondering if they plan to weaken the effectiveness of anti-aircraft guns. As well as setting the height of the effectiveness of air defense. The maps multiple changes since the 5th Pacific Ocean map and 6 For tier too often played.

The maps are good. Plan maps vehicle convoy attack as well? The IL2 and more machines are losing much of its ability to become half the ocean. No way they have been designed.

w00lfie #15 Posted 22 January 2017 - 10:03 PM

Senior Airman

• 8461 battles
  • [BIZZ] BIZZ

can I say what does it matter about maps unlike world of tanks where I would say a lot about maps

we fly in the air  the only time  I look at the ground  is at the start

yes your maps are good stunning even

I have more to say  about  the mm

so keep up the good work on the maps

and sort out the lag finding yourself on a map at 12fps (normal around a 100 fps )

is not good for flying

more planes would be good

I would love to fly in a full squadron of spits , me109s etc rather than what we get now

Edited by w00lfie, 22 January 2017 - 10:04 PM.

HansGriger #16 Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:36 AM

League Champion

• Squadron Leader
  • 20744 battles
  • [JFA] JFA
the old maps were slightly more uneven and mattered more   now most of them are a bit generic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users