beta grim ending 1000

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

_Grim_ #1 Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

Official Reaper

• Beta Tester
  • 1341 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
As we now stand at the brink of Open Beta ..the time has finally come to write my 1001st post(decided to make the 1000th one in the “Ban the person above you” thread as I found it more suitable being my favorite thread on these here forums and all(probably a quarter of my posts are there too )) and after much consideration(like 5 minutes :trollface: ) I decided to dedicate it to the year I spent in the Closed Beta of WoWp as I have been here from pretty much it’s beginning and it may also serve as my introduction to the fresh blood I will soon spill new players coming in OB .

Writing my 1001st post here does have quite a meaning for me as you could say it was my 1000th post on the WoT forums which started me playing WoWp.I was first introduced to WoWp from WoT which I had played from the start of the OB there. I applied for the WoWp Global Alpha 3 days after it started in February 2012,but of course I didn’t get accepted and I went back to playing WoT ,however,by June 2012 I had become really frustrated with the game due to some game mechanics( 0-damage crit hits >.< ),overall randomness and idiotic teams (still cant understand how can some people play 20k + battles and still suck so much) so I wasn’t playing that much.

The only thing which kept me active was the forums there where I was quite active and in June came the time for my 1000th post there and the circumstances where avidly similar to the cirsumstances I’m writing this post in (exam session going on >.< ).I had something grand planned- a short overview on every tank in the game(as I said...GRAND) ,however,it was a bite more than I could chew-if you know who I am,then you are probably familiar with my tendency of writing walls of text..well…after finishing my review on probably a quarter of the tanks there,it was 14 pages in MS word…yeah…it was going to end up being insanely long.Due to this I delayed it time and time again and I stopped writing at the forums there as I was at my 999th post already(something similar is happening to my 1001st post here but the reasons for that are mainly a rather unfortunate accident involving a thunderstorm and my laptop(speaking of which….you are reading the second iteration of this post,as the first is unaccessible to me at this time)) and I just got distanced from WoT more and more until eventually severing all contacts with it.

Happily,while this was going on I received an email saying that I had been accepted in the WoWp Closed Beta(funnily enough,10 days later I got an email saying that the CBT had started…yeah…it definitely arrived on time(the beta had started 20 or so days before) so I downloaded the client on my extremely slow uni internet(took me like 60 hours >.< ) and started WoWp for the first time.Game was definitely not like now-there were like 40 people online on evenings so you pretty much had to request everyone to join a particular tier in order to not wait for 5 + mins in queue, and a lot of things now we take for granted didn’t even exist(like a contact list for example >.<).

So I started up my first battle….aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it went terribly..and so did my second one and third one and so on...overall I really sucked at the game …however,I kept on playing-it just had a special charm going for it….a charm I rarely find in games these days.True ,I was saying at myself all the time-“I’m rather good at WoT,but I sure suck a this flying thing” but I continued playing and I gradually got better mainly by observing players much better than me after getting killed(usually by them)-players like Kr4zy,Ashaman,Avalon,Krasio and many others.Sadly few of these great aces remain here but they will continue to live on in our minds and deserve all our respect and gratitude.And that’s how I pretty much learned to play -by getting slaughtered all the time :honoring: .Funnily enough,originally I was mainly a jet player before realizing the charm that prop planes had and all the more tactical options they offered.

Then modules got introduced so we actually had to grind for planes and it was then that I started to make a name for myself in game as I was really active in the game chat and in battle.Some of my most fond memories come from the that time like my best dogfight ever –it was me against Avalon ,both of us in the 209-as I was one of the “hunter” type of players I immediately went after him at the start as I knew I had to kill him in order to win the match.There is on thing that has to be said about Avalon-for me he was the most gracious flying pilot to ever stumble upon in WoWp-he just flew so beautifully and elegantly.So I went after him…our dogfight lasted for around 5 minutes –it had everything-high altitude combat,ground hugging ,turning,spirals,loops ..everything you could think about.He couldn’t get me off his tail ,but I couldn’t kill him-I got him down to around 60% till his team killed me…I lost that dogfight ,but I haven’t had anything like that after it.After the battle Avalon himself congratulated me for the epic fight and said that I was going to eventually get him…this was the biggest compliment I’ve ever received in this game :playing: .

During this time there was also Gamescom going on and I do think I made a rather bad advertisement for WoWp during it as I was the only normal player playing high tiers(I was the 4th one on the EU server to get a tier 9) one of the mornings during Gamescom so I just had a 27 game win streak just slaughtering entire teams of poor people who had just decided to try out the game during Gamescom .It was then that I scored my massive score for the most exp earned in battle of 15 197 exp which still remains the second highest I’ve ever seen on the EU server(after the amazing score of over 18k by Avalon).It was also then that I became the first person on the EU server to grind himself a tier 10- it was the HG(I am a sort of a german fanboy,so I’ll probably be going for the german tech tree first in OB ) and I also ended up being the first person on the EU server to collect every plane in the game(something I’m rather proud of ) …and I continued that course of action when the Japanese got introduced as …again...I was the first on the EU server to have them all(grinding a tier 10 in less than 2 days ain't easy)….so yeah… was the first in many things.

By this time I had made a name for myself and I started to feel what it was like to get hunted…still …practice at evasion was always welcome,especially with the awesome mouse controls back then-they were just so awesome and fluid .It was at that time that I started to be more active on the forums and got introduced to some great forum trolls contributors such as Anu,jeff and Doener ,of course in the previously mentioned "Ban the person above you thread". It was then that I even got my nickname,the Reaper or the Harvester of Souls,and I believe that happened again it the awesome banning thread.I also had a few other titles but unfortunately the list was the laptop that got lightened >.<.

Around that time,the first tournament I had the pleasure to participate in took place.I had the honor to be invited to join, non-others, but Kr4zy’s team-the Monthy Python Flying Circus and it was quite an experience.During that tournament,I met another great forum contributor and friend –Extince(although I did call him only NRG for like 6 months because I was too lazy to pronounce the rest :trollface: ).

Time went by and I had more and more fun at the game,just loving it’s game mechanics,controls and overall feeling..and then December came with it’s great version 0.3.5. arriving just a day or so after my birthday.,a version I still consider to be the apogee of WoWp, as a game ,a conviction I’m willing to defend to the death and beyond.It remains the most fun time I’ve had with this game-it was just close to perfect on so many fronts,it's hard to even explain.It was also the only patch where I was able to participate in the Feedback nights organized by our beloved Pixyl-a truly great feedback event where you got the chance to give your feedback in a lot more direct way.

And on December 24th came a special event-the End of Year Contest masterminded again by Pixyl ,also known as the Week of Terror,or as we players called it…Killfest :playing: ,an event which rewarded the top 5 players for each day based on the number of kills scored.And there was a special prize for the one that scored the most air victories by the end of the week – a trip to Paris where you got the chance to meet Pixyl visit the WG offices there. I must admit I’ve never played so much in the span of a week for my entire life-I played a lot in all of the days except for the first one and it was really tiring and hard to keep your form…and hell..even to just stay awake…but it was worth it-my final score was 2 first places,3 second places,1 fourth place and 1 sixth place with a final tally of 3581 destoyed planes in the span of 1047 battles giving me a kill/battle ratio of 3,420,the second highest on the server and assuring me the Grand Prize for the Week of Terror(and winning me all the other daily prizes too).

You could say that winning that contest was my greatest achievement while playing WoWp to date and yes...I take great pride in it :izmena: .

It was literally at the end of 0.3.5. in my lat battle in that build that I scored my best kill of all time.I was in a 109G armed with 2x210 mm rockets and I spotted an enemy flight consisting of 2 109Gs at around 2 o’clock.It wasn’t a head on so I wasn’t sure how easily I could score a rocket kill,but I fired the two rockets in a deflection shot anyway .One of the 109Gs got caught in the blast radius and died and his wrecked crashed into his flight mate killing him-that was the most epic shot I’ve ever made in the game as it just contained everything-deflection shooting,rockets and the funniest imaginable double kill.It was followed by a big “LOL” by the enemy flight as soon as it happened.It was definitely a good way to finish 0.3.5.

The next day brough us 0.4.0.-I have said my opinion about it many times(4000 word rant FTW ) and I don’t want to ruin this post by talking about that….thing >.< ….,but I’ll just say that with 0.4.0 the developers committed a crime I can not forgive.

Time passed and many more things happened-I got my Paris trip and it was far more awesome that anything I had anticipated,but I’m sure you would prefer to hear more about that in my series of Paris articles,I won a tournament (the Wingman’s Tournament) together with puny Anu and I triumphed in the second or third official Deathrace …so yeah…some pretty nice things happened in that time.I even got involved in more clan work together with Extince so that’s was quite interesting.

And now we end up here- standing at the edge of the Closed Beta where the fate of WoWp will be sealed.So…let me tell you what made me such a loyal WoWp player for all this time.You could say that for me WoWp stood on three great pillars –the fast ,addicting and yet really skill based gameplay(it's unlike anything else I've ever seen) ,Pixyl’s excellent management and attitude :honoring: (you could say that my loyalty to her was immense) and the great in game and forum community….so yep…it was these three things the kept me invested in the game for so long.

You can say that one of those pillars has fallen with Pixyl’s departure,but I have my trust in Bertiux (stll cant decided if I like Flyertank or DirtyPable more :trollface: ) to rebuild it as I do believe that we couldn’t have hoped for a better choice for a successor of Pixyl.

The gameplay pillar has crumbled with some of the changes to the game,but I still have my hope it will be restored to it’s former glory in the future(it better be >.< ) .

And now about the community-it has always been very helpful and just great if you simply wanted to have a chat or joke around about something.I have met some really nice people in this community and this is the pillar which has remained the most intact since I joined.I hope that the CBT community will continue to prosper and remain together and not get swept in the torrent of OB as that would be a massive shame.As for all the new people who will join soon-I hope that their attitude would be similar to that of existing testers as I would hate to see the community turn in the whining annoying one WoT seems to have …so new players..be nice or else:trollface:

To end this up-I’ll say what you can expect from me in future…well…I can assure you that I will remain the ever vigilant Reaper of these forums and that I will strive to be as invested as much ,if not even more,as I have been in the past year.About writing stuffyou can expect from me-I will bring you the next 5 Chapters of my Paris adventures as soon as I recover the data from my lightning-struck laptop ,you can expect even more complaining and raging about stuff,a model plane build and I may decided to write a few film reviews while I’m at it…but the last part is really speculations to say the least...and a lot of walls of text,,but that comes with the territory.

So …some final words to everyone I know …It has been an honor to serve with you for this last year :honoring: and I look with great eagerness and high expectations in the future…Reaper,over and out.
...................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................Death from Above Reaper and Magister

Steiner011 #2 Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 57 battles
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB
TL : DID READ.

From Thursday onwards , it will be some serious soul-harvesting.  :trollface:

:honoring:

Bringing down the system from within ™ since dawn of mankind.

_Desper #3 Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5018 battles
Good story Grim I wish you good luck and have fun in next 7k battles.

When I was tier 2 very newbie I saw you and Ashaman scoring 5+ kills in every game :)

Edited by desper934, 01 July 2013 - 10:19 PM.

jeff_peters #4 Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:27 AM

Wicked

• Alpha Tester
  • 10274 battles
  • [JFA] JFA
Cool story bro.

DfA cannon fodder

_Grim_ #5 Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

Official Reaper

• Beta Tester
  • 1341 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostSteiner011, on 01 July 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:

From Thursday onwards , it will be some serious soul-harvesting.

I'm afraid not  :sad: -still in an exam session  :sceptic:  and I will need to buy a new laptop first due to Mr. Lightning :angry:  ....but after that....well...
...................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................Death from Above Reaper and Magister

MXDoener #6 Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:18 AM

Crackin´ Sidewalks since 2012

• Alpha Tester
  • 1280 battles
+1 for mentioning me in your memoires! yaay^^

So, when will you be able to harvest some souls with your buddy Doughnut? ;)

WG...fixing stuff that isn´t broken since 2011! :trollface:

_Grim_ #7 Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

Official Reaper

• Beta Tester
  • 1341 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostMXDoener, on 08 July 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

+1 for mentioning me in your memoires! yaay^^

So, when will you be able to harvest some souls with your buddy Doughnut? ;)
Yep,your name will forever remain in the annals of history now  :trollface: .

Our enemies will face our wrath in 10 days or so when my exams are over and I've bought a new laptop.Then the sky will fill with  the burning wrecks of all who oppose us as we unleash hell  :izmena: .

_Grim_ #8 Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

Official Reaper

• Beta Tester
  • 1341 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostAnuSuaraj, on 08 July 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

Don't forget your no.1 (hunchback) minion.

I won't...I actually have something special in mind for my first 100 battles after I return  :trollface: .

_Grim_ #9 Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

Official Reaper

• Beta Tester
  • 1341 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostAnuSuaraj, on 09 July 2013 - 06:55 AM, said:

Pegasus?

Not exactly  :trollface: .

Hardjj1 #10 Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:46 AM

Airman Basic

• 40 battles
great story. :)

Hohlladungsholger #11 Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 86 battles
  • [-ST_] -ST_
Too lazy to read this text.

MXDoener #12 Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:31 PM

• Alpha Tester
  • 1280 battles

View PostHohlladungsholger, on 25 July 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

Too lazy to read this text.

Then gtfo maybe?!

Hippaforalkus #13 Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Hello again Grim and I hope you still recognize me :D . Do you still play WoWp ?

MXDoener #14 Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:38 AM

• Alpha Tester
  • 1280 battles
Sure he plays :)

_Grim_ #15 Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:25 AM

Official Reaper

• Beta Tester
  • 1341 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostHippaforalkus, on 23 September 2013 - 07:38 PM, said:

Hello again Grim and I hope you still recognize me :D . Do you still play WoWp ?

Yep,I do remember you,Hippa  :izmena: .I still fly quite a lot,but definitely not as much as I used before.Sadly, some of the gameplay changes have made a the game a bit less fun than before.

Also tagged with beta, grim, ending, 1000

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users