• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Ectar #1 Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

Veteran

• Alpha Test Veteran
  • 1 battle
  • [1-UP] 1-UP
Hi All,
Just like with World of Tanks, we're also launching the Community Contributor program for World of Warplanes. This is a system dedicated to those who work closely with Community team and who share the same passion for World of Warplanes. Through this program, we express our gratitude to individual players who made a significant contribution towards the game and its growing Community. - Thank you!

Community Contributor FAQ

Q1. Who are the Community Contributors?
So what and who are the Community Contributors you may ask? They are awesome players who assist and help players of World of Warplanes, such as providing helpful answers, writing guides, running in-game events in our contest area, show off their love for Wargaming products over their stream or youtube, run a fansite or facebook page, etc. .  Basically those of you who voluntarily dedicate your time and energy towards your love for Wargaming games and in doing so, improve the online community experience for others!   :great:

Q2. Do Community Contributors represent Wargaming?
The Community Contributors are trusted members of the community that we want to work very closely with by sharing info with them as well as help them in their projects. Their opinions and stances remain totally their own and not those of Wargaming. They will be given a special forum group to help them communicate better with Wargaming’s community teams as well as with each other.

Q3. How do we select those who become Community Contributors?
Each case will be considered individually. However, a Community Contributor should have at least 2-3 months of (continuous) community contribution and interaction with World of Warplanes players via different channels such as: forum, fan site, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook etc.  Additionally, Contributors should have a good forum conduct for no less than 2 months No medium to major offences are allowed.

Q4. Do Community Contributors receive any payment from Wargaming?
Nope. Those recognized as Community Contributors work with the community staff in the EU to further fuel their hobby and audience, there is no payment involved.

Q5. Can I recommend someone to become a World of Warplanes Community Contributor?
Of course! However Contributors will always be selected by the Community team
Q6. What comes with being a Community Contributor?
Within your community region, you will automatically have a “Contributor” rank placed next to your name on the forum in blue. Additionally, those recognized will receive: occasional social media promotion on our main facebook/twitter, bonus codes/gold* for selected contests and events. Also, Contributors PM box will be extended to up to 200 messages per person; global upload limit will be enhanced to 2000k. They will be also mentioned in the monthly community spotlight with the content they create.
*this will depend on the event and will be sponsored by the Community team for each event done.

Q7. Cool! Are there already any Community Contributors?
We're currently selecting players who we wish to take part in this program. Their attitude, presence and outlook will be some key attributes we'll be looking at along with their activity and initiatives and events they are already organising. Expect a further announcement on this soon as we're looking to add about 2-3 players!

Please note contributors for Polish, Czech, French, Spanish, Turkish and German languages will be announced in their separate language sections with an announcement similar to this.

If there are any questions please let us know!

Edited by Ectar, 10 July 2013 - 08:02 PM.

_Grim_ #2 Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

Official Reaper

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
Hmmm...this sounds.... interesting :izmena: .

Guess I should move a bit forward with the few guides I was planning on writing ....
...................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................Death from Above Reaper and Magister

King_ExtincE #3 Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

You mad brah?

• Conquest Member
  • 135 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View Post_Grim_, on 10 July 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

Guess I should move a bit forward with the few guides I was planning on writing ....
Please note that this topic is regarding WoT :trollface:

They are awesome players who assist and help players of World of Tanks

Q5. Can I recommend someone to become the World of Tanks Community Contributor?

:unsure:  :teethhappy:

Edited by ExtincE, 16 July 2013 - 12:56 PM.

_Grim_ #4 Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

Official Reaper

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
Haha ,nice find Extince-I admit I totally missed both mistakes while reading it...feeling ashamed now  :sad: .

Still..gonna go easy on them-coordinating the OB in so many languages is deffinitely not something easy.
...................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................Death from Above Reaper and Magister

Ectar #5 Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:00 PM

Veteran

• Alpha Test Veteran
  • 1 battle
  • [1-UP] 1-UP

View PostExtincE, on 10 July 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

View Post_Grim_, on 10 July 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

Please note that this topic is regarding WoT

They are awesome players who assist and help players of World of Tanks

Q5. Can I recommend someone to become the World of Tanks Community Contributor?

:facepalm:

A shame that such a good initiative needs to be clouded by yet again such... 'mistakes'. This is getting far beyond 'incidental', this is structural, pretty much 85% of any official post, news, portal article is full of spelling errors, misinformation, even pre-order packages (whilst having 4 days extra compared to the other regions, for no apparant reason, to determine if they are correct) were published with the wrong prizings. Every portal article is unavailable the first 4 hours after the announcement on forum, facebook, twitter. Et. Cet. Era. And after all these 'incidents' still nobody seems to double-check whatever gets posted..
It's kinda sad, hilarious and one of the main reasons why the playerbase (in general) is so sceptic about anything that gets introduced..

Yet again? It's a copy paste from World of Tanks because its the exact same initiative. I'm very sorry if you're under the impression that somehow the World of Warplanes contributors would be something different, or that we'd re-write an entire article like this when the information is exactly the same.  It was put up quickly by me today as I was under a rather heavy work load.

I apologise for the spelling errors and they will be corrected. You've taken one issue to then go off at a tangent and bring up totally unrelated issues, non of which are relevant to the contributor program. I'd expect a forum veteran as yourself to be aware of off-topic posting and how quickly that can disrupt a thread when someone has a totally unrelated agenda they're looking to push.

ZWC #6 Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:32 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Hello Ectar,
remember me, I was at Firstlook talking with you about PzII-J , specially visit cause it was prommised to me.
Drove 380 km. .. (sounds dumb,... but he will understand... ) (big , bold and once you met me, it's not likely man forget)
Well I'm not into twitter, facebook or any of that kind off rubbish (acording to me)
Anyway , I'm Dutch and being so I always have to cope with language issues.  There's never a Dutch community!
And I do dislike most Dutch players..... most of us will know why,.. neg.reps will be Dutch and there is part of the know why!

But in RL I am talking... yes normal talking with many people.
I've played my share and was boss of a very big close clan (other game).
Forums all over gameland are very much the same,... most time people misunderstanding or mis reading... and reply etc.
So, though many people and I try , many missing the point in conversation.

There are so many gamers out there doing a great job. nobody knows about.

I don't wish to be part of any community for mutiply reasons, because I'm just too long around.
I hope though, this community contributor base will grow and be full of dedicated players, just don't forget,.. most game loving players are playing.
Because nobody is waiting for wannebees. (people writing/talking a lot of hot air.... only to feel impo)
I do write on forum, but most of my friends are just playing and keeping-up the info.. just not being on the forum too often because of lag of IQ rate in reply.
I must admit, mostly the IQ rate of reply on any forum is very disappointingly low.

So somehow I want to say, don't forget the real contibutors are not those who are showing-off... but for we met before you'll know what I try to say.

Sorry for my lag of English,
ZWC

peterfrg #7 Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:22 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
Hello i can't play this is eror :The procedure entru point GetLogicalPRocessorInformation could be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.  what must to do ?i whant to play World Of Tanks it;s work.

LekaSRB #8 Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:46 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postpeterfrg, on 15 July 2013 - 11:22 PM, said:

Hello i can't play this is eror :The procedure entru point GetLogicalPRocessorInformation could be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.  what must to do ?i whant to play World Of Tanks it;s work.

You shouldn't go off-topic like that, please use forum search next time,you have solution for it here under Q2:
http://forum.worldof...-technical-faq/
Always be fair,no matter what...your actions define you as a person,especially in virtual world where everything is saved,documented and never forgotten ;)

King_ExtincE #9 Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:09 PM

You mad brah?

• Conquest Member
  • 135 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostEctar, on 10 July 2013 - 08:00 PM, said:

Yet again?

or that we'd re-write an entire article like this

Yesss yet again! It really wasn't meant as a personal attack, rather as: pretty much every post/topic, being either patch notes, portal articles, polls, (whatever you can think of really) posted via "official" channels (meaning by WG employees or "community" or other generic accounts) contains false information and/or are looking silly / unprofessional (mostly 'and') because of a (less and less I must say now) significant amount of spelling mistakes and so on. Which is a shame in my opinion. Just this one being a direct copy-paste of a WoT article directly after a loooong chain of articles with false information was kinda embarrassing imho.
And no you don't have to re-write the whole article, just changing 'Tanks' to 'Warplanes' 3 times would do, as you did by now =)

Anyway, if there's room for proposals, I'd like to propose LekaSRB because he helps out a lot in any hardware related topic/post and potentially takes away a lot of work from the Support staff as well as making constructive posts in other areas
Schultz for his many guides, patience and a ton of other reasons
_Grim_ for pretty much the same reasons as Schultz
Aaaand AnuSuaraj because he can make the whole community laugh  :teethhappy:

zikaMKD #10 Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:17 PM

Airman Basic

• Conquest Member
  • 5 battles
  • [4CAF] 4CAF
As soon as i get my optical internet i'l start streaming :)

kikojumkd #11 Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 193 battles
  • [OB-M] OB-M
I read it all and I didn't understand if it will be some applying for that positions or community team will select them?

Brynd #12 Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:49 PM

Veteran

• 0 battles

We're still looking to make some Contributors for our English language community. Now that some time has passed for people to establish themselves, we are keen to make some Contributors really soon!

Please check out the details in the first post.   

If you believe you fit the specified requirements or if you want to recommend someone else, please just drop me a private message. Don't be shy, I won't bite. :trollface:

Live together, die alone.    twitterqxkfa.pngfacebook65yzk.pngyoutube1nk0c.png

Cheekibreekiivdamke #13 Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:45 PM

They see me Ilyushin', they hatin

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Have I been nominated by any chance? I received CC rewards for some reason yet the title is still lacking and some members already suggested me in the recent thread.

Edited by JavikTheProthean, 29 December 2013 - 08:28 PM.

Block Quote

Haut rein ihr Fotzen

- SergeantBabas letzte Worte

Eukrates #14 Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 110 battles
  • [DEPAC] DEPAC

View PostJavikTheProthean, on 29 December 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

Have I been nominated by any chance? I received CC rewards for some reason yet the title is still lacking.

Respekt, that you report yourself on this way!

Lust auf ein Communitytreffen im November in Münster / Westfalen? Dann >> hier << klicken

Cheekibreekiivdamke #15 Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostEukrates, on 29 December 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

Respekt, that you report yourself on this way!

I don't want to spend my gold and suddenly have my account blocked.

Block Quote

Haut rein ihr Fotzen

Bala79 #16 Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostJavikTheProthean, on 29 December 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

I don't want to spend my gold and suddenly have my account blocked.

Well i was about to report, then i checked my mail...

Cheekibreekiivdamke #17 Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:18 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostBala79, on 29 December 2013 - 10:11 PM, said:

Well i was about to report, then i checked my mail...

So did I, but still. No title, no forum notification, nothing.

Edited by JavikTheProthean, 29 December 2013 - 09:18 PM.

Block Quote

Haut rein ihr Fotzen

lehel_markon #18 Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:18 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles

this game just SUCKS.DONT PLAY IT.Its unfair,but really.How do i supposed to fight against a tier 5 aircraft if i have with a tier 1?The team balance sucks so much.

Greyshark #19 Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 1 battle
  • [JFA] JFA

View Postlehel_markon, on 10 January 2014 - 06:18 PM, said:

this game just SUCKS.DONT PLAY IT.Its unfair,but really.How do i supposed to fight against a tier 5 aircraft if i have with a tier 1?The team balance sucks so much.

You don't fight against tier 5 aircraft when flying tier 1. Unless you make some kind of retarded flight.

FTR gems: "In WoT gameplay, you can pretty much go and at least deal some damage, make yourself be known, fight and earn your kills and skills. In WoWp, its all RNG, your ping dictates if a shower of bullets hits or not."

" The companion AI autoaim is a mess, 80% of the time you are on a bomber, you’ll miss the target"

_Grim_ #20 Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

Official Reaper

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View Postlehel_markon, on 10 January 2014 - 07:18 PM, said:

You can only meet tier 1s and 2s in a tier 1 plane normally.Only way to meet higher tiers is if you flight up with someone in a higher tier.If you have done that,it is your fault :sceptic:.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users