Q&A

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

jasmin45 #21 Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:11 AM

Senior Airman

• 1 battle
On left under name says beta tester or whatewer,why under my name is basic airman and 0 battles,i have ower 3000 battles???

Grolim #22 Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:25 AM

League Champion

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles
Q: What will happen with teams that have too few members (example Haram Air Force) or too many members (example CzechAir)?

Bertiux #23 Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:35 AM

EU Producer

• WG Staff
  • 117 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Postjasmin45, on 08 August 2013 - 04:11 AM, said:

On left under name says beta tester or whatewer,why under my name is basic airman and 0 battles,i have ower 3000 battles???

Send me a PM with all the information available that you have

View PostGrolim, on 08 August 2013 - 07:25 AM, said:

Q: What will happen with teams that have too few members (example Haram Air Force) or too many members (example CzechAir)?

I contacted the Commanders of those teams (as well as the COmmander of the teams where there is too many people). I suggested them to modify their teams according to the ASW rules. If they don't do that, then we will consider the options.

Grolim #24 Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:45 PM

League Champion

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles
Who is the general for Harbor? As in when will our generals be disclosed?
I am also interested in teamspeak setup and details ofc =)

Edited by Grolim, 09 August 2013 - 01:46 PM.

Bertiux #25 Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:49 PM

EU Producer

• WG Staff
  • 117 battles
  • [WG] WG
The information regarding the Generals, as well as the TS details will be provided shortly .

The biggest priority was to tell you guys the nations that you have assigned, so you can start researching the planes that you will need (and thiswill help you on that :great:)

King_ExtincE #26 Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:56 PM

You mad brah?

• Conquest Member
  • 156 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
I can already see the trend of silverwing 1 re-occurring where 80% of the teams with less than 250 battles did not show up for any match, in the ASW there are teams that (still at this mometn) consist of players that have yet to play their first battle.. This could mean that only 2 of the squads of a specific army will actually play, has this scenario been thought of and if so, how will this affect the ASW?

AdmiralKird_USA #27 Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Who are the Generals assigned to?

Edited by AdmiralKird_USA, 09 August 2013 - 05:47 PM.

"I have no intention to use IE even for the sake of Wargaming. I'd rather shoot myself in the foot." -_AshaMaN_

Bertiux #28 Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:42 PM

EU Producer

• WG Staff
  • 117 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostExtincE, on 09 August 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

I can already see the trend of silverwing 1 re-occurring where 80% of the teams with less than 250 battles did not show up for any match, in the ASW there are teams that (still at this mometn) consist of players that have yet to play their first battle.. This could mean that only 2 of the squads of a specific army will actually play, has this scenario been thought of and if so, how will this affect the ASW?
Good question. We will check the availability of the teams during the weekend (through the armies threads), and run a test on Monday, to see which squadrons are ready to fly and which ones are not willing to take place in the ASW.
If one army lacks several squadrons, we may be forced to balance the armies. This may not be the ideal situation and hopefully we won't have to do it, but we don't want to have uneven armies.

View PostAdmiralKird_USA, on 09 August 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

Who our the Generals assigned to?
The different Generals are posting in the armies threads, find yours ^^

King_ExtincE #29 Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

You mad brah?

• Conquest Member
  • 156 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostBertiux, on 09 August 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

Good question. We will check the availability of the teams during the weekend (through the armies threads), and run a test on Monday, to see which squadrons are ready to fly and which ones are not willing to take place in the ASW.
If one army lacks several squadrons, we may be forced to balance the armies. This may not be the ideal situation and hopefully we won't have to do it, but we don't want to have uneven armies.

Sounds like the most fair solution I can come up with as well without doing a test run.. Perhaps the generals of each army can/will check the amount of battles played and/or aircraft owned per player of his/hers army to figure out if they even own a plane of the tier of that day (or any plane at all)

Alexutz #30 Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 79 battles
By reading all posts in this forum area I also have a question: If in a squadron we have only part of the team online and ready to fight (could happen) is there possible to join that half team with another half (even from a different army) ? I mean the players willing to fight should not be punished. You should also take into account that squadrons for this event were made in short time, not all members are checked for being mature and responsible. Thx in advance.

rickart #31 Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
  • [MORTE] MORTE
wich is the time frame? I mean 19.00 to 22.00 gmt? or wich one?

CO Vulture squadron "Winter is coming"  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5ANgrdijuo

KillerZX #32 Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:09 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
At the pre-order packages it gives Gold...Is this Gold Tokens, or it is the Gold for WoT??
Tokens=WoWp
Gold= WoT

Grolim #33 Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:34 PM

League Champion

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles
More questions from Squadron 36

We have read the rules regarding the event and tested the training room functionality.

Q1: Are squadrons allowed to changed planes between fights 1-5?
Q1a: If planes can be changed how can defending squad leader change his plane without disable the training room?
Q2: How long time does the defending squadron have to create the training room and attacking squadron to join?
Q2a: Is the defending squadron forced to wait till attacking team fully joined?
Q2b: If any team is not filled is the defending team allowed to start the battle when the time for joining is reached?
Q3: How long delay between fight 1-5 are allowed, 1minute, 5minutes or longer (max/min time)?
Q4: When is the last training room started before 22:00 and the battle result counted toward the army chips?
Q5: Are all ongoing battles ended at exactly 22:00 or are they allowed to finish all 5 rounds?
Q6: How do we report lack of sportsmanship during the event?
Q7: Will there be a separate server listed, when you login for the event?
Q7a: If the present server is used for the event how do defending training room creator filter out the attacking squadron members from any random visitors?
Q8: Is it assumed when attacking squadrons return they immediately crate a training room with their squadron number to provide a better event for all participants?
Q9: Defending squadron is always Team 1 in the training room or how is team sides determined between squadrons considering the maps have different tactical layouts and advantages?

Sorry for the wall of text  :bajan:

VailOfLed #34 Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
What plane should I buy on my first visit of the game ?

KillerZX #35 Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
A german plane

Bertiux #36 Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

EU Producer

• WG Staff
  • 117 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostAlexutz, on 09 August 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

By reading all posts in this forum area I also have a question: If in a squadron we have only part of the team online and ready to fight (could happen) is there possible to join that half team with another half (even from a different army) ? I mean the players willing to fight should not be punished. You should also take into account that squadrons for this event were made in short time, not all members are checked for being mature and responsible. Thx in advance.

Please try to contact all the members of the squadron way before the beginning of the ASW. If some players don't answer at all, let me know ASAP through a PM.

View Postrickart, on 10 August 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

wich is the time frame? I mean 19.00 to 22.00 gmt? or wich one?

19:00 - 22:00 CEST (Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Rome...)

View PostKillerZX, on 10 August 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

At the pre-order packages it gives Gold...Is this Gold Tokens, or it is the Gold for WoT??
Tokens=WoWp
Gold= WoT

These packages offer goods (a plane, gold and premium time) that will be credited in your account only after the game's release. Therefore it's World of Warplanes gold what we are talking about. However, once WoWp is released, you will be able to transfer gold between your WoWp and WoT account.

NOTE: please here ask only questions about the ASW tournament

View PostGrolim, on 10 August 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

More questions from Squadron 36

We have read the rules regarding the event and tested the training room functionality.

Q1: Are squadrons allowed to changed planes between fights 1-5?
Q1a: If planes can be changed how can defending squad leader change his plane without disable the training room?
Q2: How long time does the defending squadron have to create the training room and attacking squadron to join?
Q2a: Is the defending squadron forced to wait till attacking team fully joined?
Q2b: If any team is not filled is the defending team allowed to start the battle when the time for joining is reached?
Q3: How long delay between fight 1-5 are allowed, 1minute, 5minutes or longer (max/min time)?
Q4: When is the last training room started before 22:00 and the battle result counted toward the army chips?
Q5: Are all ongoing battles ended at exactly 22:00 or are they allowed to finish all 5 rounds?
Q6: How do we report lack of sportsmanship during the event?
Q7: Will there be a separate server listed, when you login for the event?
Q7a: If the present server is used for the event how do defending training room creator filter out the attacking squadron members from any random visitors?
Q8: Is it assumed when attacking squadrons return they immediately crate a training room with their squadron number to provide a better event for all participants?
Q9: Defending squadron is always Team 1 in the training room or how is team sides determined between squadrons considering the maps have different tactical layouts and advantages?

Sorry for the wall of text :bajan:

Thanks for all these great wall of text's questions :)
A1: Everyone but the Commander of the defender squadron can change plane between the different battles. The reason is that if the creator of the training room changes his plane, the training room would be eliminated.
A2: From the moment when the Generals inform the commanders about their upcoming battle, both teams will have 15 minutes maximum to be ready. The defending squadron is forced to wait during those 15 minutes.
If one of the two teams is not complete, both involved commanders should discuss through the in-game chat about what's wrong. If the issue persists, the Commanders should contact the Generals informing about the issue.
A3: ideally, the battles should happen almost consecutively: 5 minutes would be the maximum waiting time between battles. If the other team is taking too long to get ready, the affected Commander will contact his General, who will join the training room and check the situation by himself.
A4: Yes, any battle started before 22:00 will count.
A5: Any battle started before 22:00 will have to be finished
A6: In the ASW we want to give you guys a lot of freedom. We trust that all the participants will play fair and clean :rolleyes: . If something unfair happens, first of all you should try to solve it between the two teams: Talk to each other and try to solve the problem by yourselves!
If the issue is not resolved then:
  • For training room problems you should contact your General, who will join the training room and check it by himself.
  • Regarding in-game problems, please take screenshots and sent them to your General
A7: Nope, we will use the standard European server.
In order to know who to include in the enemy team, your General will tell you who are you playing against. Then you should go to the armies' thread and look for the members of the rival squadron. The Commander should tell the members of the squadron where to go :)
A8: The attacks will happen just when they are scheduled. If you know that your squadron has the defender role assigned, you can start creating the training room, however it's not mandatory to do so until the General tells you that you are playing.
A9: The Commander of the defending squadron will create the training room, and he is free to choose the side where he wants to move his team.

Let me know if something stills unclear. More information will come tomorrow!

Grolim #37 Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:10 PM

League Champion

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles
Thank you for the wall of text answers =)
I have one additional question though, is ok for the commander to rotate out for a game? Ie let someone in the squad set up the training room and stay close. Naturally this member would have to not change plane during battle etc.
Edit: nevermind we've figured it out

Edited by Grolim, 12 August 2013 - 11:40 AM.

Cheaterhater #38 Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

Testpilot

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles
  • [JFA] JFA
The rules say nothing about how the planes are picked. In previous tournaments, the captains had to tell each other which planes they were going to pick, one after another. However, for the ASW, this isn't specified. Does that mean everyone picks what he likes to and joins the training room? This way it would be unfair, because if you just wait before you join, you can counter every single enemy plane. If both teams want to do it like this, they would just wait for the full 15 minutes and join in the last second to make sure they aren't countered by the enemy plane picks. Also, are you allowed to change your plane once you entered the training room, but before the battle starts? If that's the case, that would surely lead to chaos...
RIP WoWP

Poppo_PathFinder #39 Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

Airman Basic

• 161 battles
i just order 20€ pre order pack . so i get plane .gold and 1month prem. later?? if i understand right!

Die_Schildkroete #40 Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Many from us want the Team Speak Ip  :honoring:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users