• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

Bertiux #41 Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

EU Producer

• WG Staff
  • 124 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostCheaterhater, on 11 August 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

The rules say nothing about how the planes are picked. In previous tournaments, the captains had to tell each other which planes they were going to pick, one after another. However, for the ASW, this isn't specified. Does that mean everyone picks what he likes to and joins the training room? This way it would be unfair, because if you just wait before you join, you can counter every single enemy plane. If both teams want to do it like this, they would just wait for the full 15 minutes and join in the last second to make sure they aren't countered by the enemy plane picks. Also, are you allowed to change your plane once you entered the training room, but before the battle starts? If that's the case, that would surely lead to chaos...

The rules are simple here: You are allowed to use planes of the assigned nation (plus up to 50% of Japanese planes), and of the designated tier for the specific day (today we are starting with tier 2). Just pick a plane and join the training room!

View PostDie_Schildkroete, on 12 August 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

Many from us want the Team Speak Ip  :honoring:
It has been provided to the Commanders via PM

Good luck all!

Cheaterhater #42 Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

Testpilot

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles
  • [JFA] JFA

View PostBertiux, on 12 August 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

Just pick a plane and join the training room!

That's problematic then, because it may lead to the "counter-picking loop" I tried to explain earlier, e. g. Team 1 picks a plane, Team 2 counter-picks it, Team 1 sees it's being counter-picked, so the player leaves and picks another plane. Also, if all players of one team join the room and the other team just waits, they can counter every single plane of the enemy team...
RIP WoWP

King_ExtincE #43 Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

You mad brah?

• Conquest Member
  • 156 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostCheaterhater, on 12 August 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

View PostBertiux, on 12 August 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

Just pick a plane and join the training room!

That's problematic then, because it may lead to the "counter-picking loop" I tried to explain earlier, e. g. Team 1 picks a plane, Team 2 counter-picks it, Team 1 sees it's being counter-picked, so the player leaves and picks another plane. Also, if all players of one team join the room and the other team just waits, they can counter every single plane of the enemy team...

That will most likely only happen between you, me and kirds team though.. if so we can just agree to use the SW rules on that?

Cheaterhater #44 Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:30 PM

Testpilot

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles
  • [JFA] JFA

View PostExtincE, on 12 August 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

That will most likely only happen between you, me and kirds team though.. if so we can just agree to use the SW rules on that?
I would agree on that for all matches where this might pose a problem.

Edited by Cheaterhater, 12 August 2013 - 05:30 PM.

RIP WoWP

AdmiralKird_USA #45 Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I don't care to go through that process of plane picking again in this format. Teams will reach consensus rather quickly during ASW; this isn't like Silverwing where two loses can knock a team completely out of playing.
"I have no intention to use IE even for the sake of Wargaming. I'd rather shoot myself in the foot." -_AshaMaN_

Slauter #46 Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
where to follow what's going on?

professional stat-padder 101% WR 8888 kills / death 

always in a platoon of OP planes 
died once when my internet connection crashed
obviously best player ever be very afraid

xBloodPlane #47 Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:44 AM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostSlauter, on 12 August 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

where to follow what's going on?
You can watch the Livestream here: http://worldofwarpla...sw-live-stream/ from 19:00 - 22:00 CEST (GMT+2)
Or just take a look at the Live map here: https://docs.google....review?sle=true to see which Army has the most points at the moment.

xBloodPlane #48 Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I also have a question. Since yesterday some team got merged together because of missing players but there were still some problems. e.g. I got merged into a team which had german planes but I had the USA planes so I had to buy the german plane now. What would happen on Friday If I don't have the a german/japanese Tier VI plane? It's kinda stupid ... :/

Edited by xBloodPlane, 13 August 2013 - 09:47 AM.

Black_Sheep1 #49 Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 9 battles
  • [PRO_X] PRO_X

View PostxBloodPlane, on 13 August 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

I also have a question. Since yesterday some team got merged together because of missing players but there were still some problems. e.g. I got merged into a team which had german planes but I had the USA planes so I had to buy the german plane now. What would happen on Friday If I don't have the a german/japanese Tier VI plane? It's kinda stupid ... :/

Guess you can´t play then. Maybe you should have bought the japanese planes in the first place if you only had enough credits/xp/time ot get one techtree. As soon as i knew of the tournament i lvld. 1 techtree of each nation in preperation of the tournament.
Other option would be to change places with another player in a different team which has the planes you have. But that is something you have to talk trough with your army´s general.

xBloodPlane #50 Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:19 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostBlack_Sheep1, on 13 August 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

View PostxBloodPlane, on 13 August 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

Guess you can´t play then. Maybe you should have bought the japanese planes in the first place if you only had enough credits/xp/time ot get one techtree. As soon as i knew of the tournament i lvld. 1 techtree of each nation in preperation of the tournament.
Other option would be to change places with another player in a different team which has the planes you have. But that is something you have to talk trough with your army´s general.
That's not the problem anymore. I got the Tier VI Japanese one.   :trollface:  ... But It's still kind of a mess because so many people were/are missing and I don't think everyone would be able to get them in time and it would be unfair for them not to play because it wouldn't be their fault  :sceptic:

Edited by xBloodPlane, 13 August 2013 - 01:22 PM.

_Grim_ #51 Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:14 PM

Official Reaper

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
I have a question of my own :

I just read this:

View PostiScending, on 13 August 2013 - 02:50 PM, said:

View Postrupfas, on 13 August 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

View PostiScending, on 13 August 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

Finally (for real this time!), there will be no tournament on Thursday due to server maintenance and a public holiday in France (I'll still be here, but that's another story :P).

So is tournament gonna be extended to saturday? Or we are gonna play only to tier 5? Pls don't pass over that. This information could be crucial for most of teams :)

Tournament will not be extended, it will be cut down to 4 days. So we play as normal, tier 3 today, tier 4 tomorrow, and tier 6 on friday.

So...in this case-what happens with the prizes for the 4th day? Do they get spread out through the entire week or added to the prizes for Friday?

Also-why are we missing on tier 5 ? Isn't it more logical to miss out on tier 6 as it's the last one and play tier 5s on Friday(cause it's kinda sad as we still haven't had the pleasure of a tier 5 tournament)?

Also such a long server maintenance (so that the tournament in the evening to be removed) sounds a bit fishy-does this mean the new patch is coming as I cant see any other reason for such a long maintenance?

And lastly-why actually not extend the ASW to Saturday(at least if most participants are available) and just play it as it was originally planned?
...................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................Death from Above Reaper and Magister

PseudoDragon #52 Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:24 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
Hi

How do we Europeans join up with our US friends? Can we change servers like we do in Diablo 3? If so, how?

Just that I have many online friends in USA.

Thanks
Paul H

Serbiano #53 Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
How do i report someone?I've run into a bad(i know what you're thinking,stop laughing,i'm not that good at english) player and i would like to report him for purposely killing team mates and then insulting them.(Just in case,if there isn't a report section,his name is EpoCrewAnt1976)

Edited by Serbiano, 16 August 2013 - 03:47 PM.

_Grim_ #54 Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

Official Reaper

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
Have a question:

If two squads are equal for the day,does this mean that the prizes for first and second place are combined and then split or is just the prize for the first place split ?Cause otherwise,the teams that have won the first place will get less gold than the one that has the second place .

And other thing-what will happen the prizes for the Thursday? It would be fair if they are split over the entire week or if there is some small symbolic prize for all participants as they did prepare to have a tournament on Tuesday.
...................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................Death from Above Reaper and Magister

Lavidaloka #55 Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:07 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostPseudoDragon, on 15 August 2013 - 12:24 AM, said:

Hi

How do we Europeans join up with our US friends? Can we change servers like we do in Diablo 3? If so, how?

Just that I have many online friends in USA.

Thanks
Paul H

I know this mod....:

http://forum.worldof...ith-one-client/

Playing on РУ, EU and US servers with one client..

Bertiux #56 Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

EU Producer

• WG Staff
  • 124 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Post_Grim_, on 16 August 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Have a question:

If two squads are equal for the day,does this mean that the prizes for first and second place are combined and then split or is just the prize for the first place split ?Cause otherwise,the teams that have won the first place will get less gold than the one that has the second place .

And other thing-what will happen the prizes for the Thursday? It would be fair if they are split over the entire week or if there is some small symbolic prize for all participants as they did prepare to have a tournament on Tuesday.

If two squadrons are equal for the day, their prizes will be combined and split. Example:
Let's say that the top two teams tie for first, they will get 5,000 + 3,0000 / 2= 4,000 each. The third squadron would get 2,000

Regarding the Thursday prizes, we cannot give them away since no battles were played that day

xBloodPlane #57 Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:52 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
So basicly. Since my WoT and WoWP accounts are not merged yet (I used 2 different E-mails) Would it be possible to get the gold onto the WoT account that I use and not on the WoT account of this account?

t1esla #58 Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:57 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Well if we get the prizes for wowp next week then they will be of very little use to us because after the end of Open beta phase 1, all the tokens will be converted into credits. What if we get the prizes after the start of phase 2? They will be of much more use then since we will need to buy premium accounts and slots for planes which we cannot do with credits (-_-) please have a thought about it.
signature.png

Greyshark #59 Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:36 AM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 1 battle
  • [JFA] JFA

View Postneeraj295, on 18 August 2013 - 01:57 AM, said:

Well if we get the prizes for wowp next week then they will be of very little use to us because after the end of Open beta phase 1, all the tokens will be converted into credits. What if we get the prizes after the start of phase 2? They will be of much more use then since we will need to buy premium accounts and slots for planes which we cannot do with credits (-_-) please have a thought about it.
To the end of phase 1 still we have much time, I would you save your tokens? I need them to unlock the wonderful Yaks so please, give them ASAP!

Edited by Greyshark, 18 August 2013 - 10:37 AM.

FTR gems: "In WoT gameplay, you can pretty much go and at least deal some damage, make yourself be known, fight and earn your kills and skills. In WoWp, its all RNG, your ping dictates if a shower of bullets hits or not."

" The companion AI autoaim is a mess, 80% of the time you are on a bomber, you’ll miss the target"

King_ExtincE #60 Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

You mad brah?

• Conquest Member
  • 156 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
Grey, if I'm not mistaken, patch 5.1 brings the 2nd stage of OB. That's why I saved up just over 900k experience to convert with tokens as I'd hoped we would get at least 25k of tokens out of it.. 5.1 will be launched monday on the US server and if i'm not mistaken is already patched on the RU server, tokens will be replaced by gold and accounts will be unified, so I doubt very much they will just give us the gold on our wowp accounts in stead of the tokens, as that means the top armies can instantly buy a year of unified premium or more..

Edited by ExtincE, 18 August 2013 - 11:41 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users