• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

Bertiux #1 Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

EU Producer

• WG Staff
  • 124 battles
  • [WG] WG

Air Superiority Week

Wargaming Europe is proud to present the ASW (Air Superiority Week), a 5-day broadcasted tournament were your pilot skills and your teamwork abilities will be tested! Tons of prizes are on the line, if you have what it takes, let the fun begin!
Registration
In order to participate in the ASW, every team must meet the following requirements:
  • All teams (squadrons) must be composed by a Commander and 5 members, with the possibility of including one reserve player.
  • All the players must be available to play from the 12th until the 16th of August (both dates included), from 19:00 to 22:00.
  • The Commander of all of the teams must speak English, since the global communication will be a very important aspect of the ASW.
  • The registration will be open from the 31st of July until the 6th of August
  • If you want to participate, but you don’t have enough players in your team, create a recruitment thread in thisspace, asking for players to join you squad.
Once you have your team, you just have to go to the specific registration thread and add the name of your squadron; including the nickname of the Commander and the members.
Once we have all the squadrons, the Wargaming community team will assign each squad with a map, a nation and a number at random:
  • Map: the map will determinate your home territory. All squadrons sharing the same map will from an army, and will work together to defend their land as well as launch attacks from it. Each army will be led by a General (a member of the Wargaming team in Paris) who will work with all the squadron leaders of the army to decide which territory to attack. Each General will also have a Lieutenant to help him with commanding duties.
  • Nation: Every squad will be assigned a nation randomly (USSR, USA or Germany). Your squad may only use the planes from you assigned nation. With the exception of the Japanese techtree, which can be used freely no matter which nation you are assigned.
    • Each squadron can be formed by a maximum of 50% of Japanese planes (3 out of 6 planes can be Japanese, the rest must be of the assigned nation)
  • Number: Every squad will have a number assigned to it to help the tournament organizers and host to quickly assign attackers and defenders.
Communication will take place over a dedicated TeamSpeak server where every squad will benefit from a private room to use and talk during battles and where generals will be able to directly talk with his squadron commanders and discuss the best strategies.
We will be broadcasting the whole 15 hours of tournament, so you will be able to see the Generals moving their troops, while our host keeps everyone updated on the army movements as the evening progresses. To do so, the host will be moving chips representing the squads around a large map which shows each of the army’s territory and indicates where the air battles are taking place. The host will also be keeping the overall score up to date as squadrons emerge victorious from battles. Simultaneously, an online map will be available in order to keep the score updated in real time. Our beloved eSports colleagues will also be on set streaming battles as the action switches from their desk to the war room for map updates. All this action will take place in the WG Paris Office, counting with the cooperation of a lot of our staff members. Getting excited? Lets battle!
Battle
Note: The point system will be altered depending on the amount of squadrons**
Each army will start with 50 points, and the goal is to take as many points as possible from other territories. To start off the day, half of the squadrons of each army will be assigned to defend their own land, and the other half will be available to attack enemy territories. Each squad will switch from the attacker role to the defender one and the other way around. There will be no time set for battles, you have as long as the evening lasts (19:00 to 22:00) to attack and defend as many times as you can.
Alongside your General, your squadron leaders will have to work and coordinate over teamspeak to strategize and determine which territories they should attack. The General will inform the host in the War room how many squadrons his army is sending into battle and which territory he’s attacking. The host will have a map representing the different territories, and chips of different colours representing the squadrons the territory has. When a General gives the order, the host will move chips (squadrons) of his attacking army to the target territory and pair them with as many available defending squadrons as needed. Those chips will have a number written; each number linked to a squadron.  The host will choose the chips of the attacking army and defending army randomly and let the generals know which of their squadrons are attacking and defending.
Every land can be attacked as long as there are defending squadrons available.  Defender squads will remain available as long as the territory has points left to defend.
When an attacking squad is paired with a defending squad, the attack will always happen in the map created by the defending team. The squadron Commander of the territory under attack will create a training room (using always the map he’s defending). The attacking enemy squad will join the room and once everyone is in, the best of five battles begins.
Example: “El Halluf” General talks to his squadron leaders. They have 7 squads available for attack. He lets the host know that 4 squads will attack “Pacific Ocean”. “Pacific Ocean” has 9 squads ready to defend. The host will confirm the attack and randomly select 4 squads from “El Halluf” General’s 7 squads and pair them with 4 of the 9 “Pacific Ocean” defenders also randomly selected. Each defending squad will create a training room using their home map and name it after their squad number. The attacking squads join the training rooms depending on the squad number they were previously paired with by the host, and the battle begins!
Best of five:
  • The first team winning 3 games will be victorious, there is no need to play 5 games
    • If there is a draw in any of the games, it will be considered as a victory for the “home” team.
    • If the attacker team wins the best of five, his army will steal one point to the defeated army.
    • If the defender squad ends up victorious, the points won’t change.
  • The standard-battle rules will apply, with no restrictions in term of kind of ammo, modules or equipment. The only limitations are:
    • Both squadrons should play ONLY with the planes of the nation they were randomly assigned
    • The used Tiers in battle will increase by one every day:
      • Monday – Tier II battles
      • Tuesday – Tier III battles
      • Wednesday – Tier IV battles
      • Thursday – Tier V battles
      • Friday – Tier VI battles

*It is allowed to use lower tiers than the designated ones

• After every attack, the attacker squads will return to their base, switching to the defender role.
We will have a physical map in the Paris office, which will be updated live, displayed regularly on our live stream. An additional online map will also be shared in real-time.
Both of the maps will offer the possibility to check the amount of points for each army, as well as the free slots for every territory (to see if that land can be attacked).
What happens when a team gets to a certain amount of points?
If the amount of points of any army reaches a determinate value, certain mechanics will be modified:
Note: the values of the points below may alter depending on how many teams are signed up
  • If the points of an army decreases to a value between 21 and 30:
    • One plane of each of the squadrons of this army will be one tier higher! For example: day 3 (Wednesday) – tier IV battles. At a given moment, army XXZ has 30 points – until this value increases, all his squadrons will be playing with five Tier IV planes and one Tier V.
    • The rate of attacker/defender squadrons will also be modified (depending on the number of registered teams), and the army will benefit from more attackers than defenders.
  • If the points of an army decreases to a value between 11 and 20:
    • Two planes of each of the squadrons of this army will be one tier higher! For example: day 3 (Wednesday) – tier IV battles. At a given moment, army XXZ has 20 points – until this value increases, all his squadrons will be playing with four Tier IV planes and two Tier V.
    • Also, the rate of attacker/defender squadrons will be modified again (depending on the number of registered teams), and the army will benefit from more attackers than defenders.
  • If the points of an army decreases to a value between 0 and 10:
    • All the planes of this army will be one tier higher! For example: day 3 (Wednesday) – tier IV battles. At a given moment, army XXZ has 10 points – until this value increases, all his squadrons will be playing with six Tier V planes.
    • The rate of attacker/defender squadrons will be modified again (depending on the number of registered teams), and the army will benefit from more attackers than defenders.
  • If the points of an army increase to a value between 70 and 80:
    • The rate of attacker/defender squadrons will be modified (depending on the number of registered teams). This army will have less attackers and more defenders
  • If the points of an army go higher than 81
    • The rate of attacker/defender squadrons will be modified again (depending on the number of registered teams). This army will have less attackers and more defenders.
SUMMARY
All those rules look confusing? Ok, let’s simplify it with an example:
I am the Commander of the team “Flying pancakes” and I registered my team between the 31st and the 6th of August. A raffle, organised by the Wargaming team, has assigned the map “el Halluf” to my team as well as the “Soviet” nation and the number “8”. After checking the official thread, I find out “Delhroh” (Spanish Community Manager), is my General as he is the General assigned on the territory “El Halluf”.
I join the TeamSpeak channel  and start talking to other Commanders as well as to my General. We tart sharing ideas and tactics and decide who we are going to attack!
Monday – we start with Tier 2 planes. Since I’ll be playing with soviet aircraft, I’ll make sure that the members of my squadron have Soviet planes researched (Japanese planes can be used by any army as well). By 19:00 my squadron is fully ready, with the game and the Teamspeak open and if possible, the live stream.
On my TeamSpeak channel, I’m actively discussing with the other Commanders of my territory (el Halluf) and with the General of my army. I suggest which land we should attack.
My General informs the host: -I want to send three squadrons to attack the map “Harbour”-
The host checks the physical map, randomly picks three yellow (el Halluf’s colour) attacker chips and move them to the map Harbor. He also moves three blue (Harbor’s colour) defender chips and places them in front of the yellow ones. Each chip has a number assigned,  and the host informs the respective Generals the number of each squadron taking part in this first battle: -Harbor #2 Vs el Halluf #5 / Harbor #3 Vs el Halluf #9 and Harbor #1 Vs el Halluf #4-
Harbor and el Halluf Generals of use their respective sheets to write down respective teams and assigned numbers, and proceed to contact each Commander to inform them about the upcoming battles.
My General informs me I will be battling against the team “Golden Warriors”. Since I am attacking his homeland, the commander of the defending squadron creates a training room. I make sure my squadron is complete and ready to join the training room.
In case something goes wrong, I can always contact the enemy Commander through the in-game chat. As soon as the training room is ready, I join in and the battle starts!
We’re playing the best of 5 and my team wins 3-1.  As soon as the combat is over, I inform my General of the results. My General in turn informs the host that el Halluf earned point from Harbor, as a consequence of the victorious battle between Harbor #3 &s el Halluf #9.
The host updates the points of each nation and move my chip back to my base. My squadron is now assigned to defensive duties.
And so on and so forth  :eyesup:
Prizes!
Yes!! We want to go crazy rewarding the best squadrons and the best armies:
  • Daily Jackpots
    • Army prizes
      • Each players of the best army of each day* will get 3,000 WoWp tokens and 3,000 WoT gold!
        • *Best army – the army who got a higher amount of points per day. In case of a draw, the prize will be split.
    • Squadron prizes – The best squadrons of each army* will be rewarded
      • Best squad of each army – 5,000 WoWp tokens and 5,000 WoT gold
      • Second best squad of each army – 3,000 WoWp tokens and 3,000 WoT gold
      • Third best squad of each army – 2,000 WoWp tokens and 2,000 WoT gold
        • *Best squadrons of each army – Squadron to get the highest amount of points (within an army), obtained deducing the won battles minus the lost battles. If there is a draw, prices will be split.
  • Global prizes

At the end of the ASW, the three best armies* will be rewarded

• 1st place
    • 3 months of premium subscription (will be rewarded with the release of WoWp)
    • An specific forum title
    • 5,000 World of Tanks gold
    • 15,000 World of Warplanes tokens
  • 2nd place
    • 2 months of premium subscription (will be rewarded with the release of WoWp)
    • 3,000 World of Tanks gold
    • 10,000 World of Warplanes tokens
  • 3rd place
    • 1 month of premium subscription (will be rewarded with the release of WoWp)
    • 2,000 World of Tanks gold
    • 5,000 World of Warplanes tokens
      • *Best armies – armies that finish with the highest amount of points at the end of the ASW
      • If there is a draw, the winner will be the army who got the higher points on Monday. If the draw persists, we will count Tuesday’s points, etc. If two teams had the same amount of points during the whole week, we will split the prizes.
In addition, all the active* participants will get a premium plane once WoWp is released!
*Active participants – All registered users who play during the whole 15 hours of the tournament ASW
LET'S BATTLE!

Edited by Bertiux, 31 July 2013 - 08:34 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users