• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

Cheaterhater #21 Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

Testpilot

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles
  • [JFA] JFA
Wargaming Logic.
"Guys, we've just created the most unstable version ever!" -> "Great! Let's make it Open Beta!"
"We've done the unthinkable! We've messed up the game EVEN MOAR!" -> "Freakin' good job guys! Let's release this game!"
When I started Beta testing one year ago (which was when they had the version they showed at gamescom last year), the game was fun to play with a nice flight model and mechanics, and was somehow optimized. Medium or even high settings were no problem, the game ran without stuttering. The game rarely crashed, maybe two times or so, which never happened again after the subsequent patches. Since then, the devs took massive leaps (yep, those aren't even steps anymore) backwards, by messing up flight model, mechanics, interface, controls and most importantly optimization (also, most recently, the sounds). While I could live with the flight model changes and could tolerate the extremely messy "stall" mechanics and the interface, the optimization issues are unbearable. The game stutters all the time, and FPS drop to 3 on Pacific everytime there's a bigger furball of planes around. The worst thing is: The developers are fully aware of these issues, yet they've never made any statement about it. That being said, they also never tried to address these issue (well, you could say they pretend to address it, as they've made "improvements" to graphics performance - problem is only that no one had low FPS due to the graphics. Ever.). It's rather the opposite: Performance has decreased even more with every single patch since 0.4.1. Now the game is in its least playable state, i. e. the number of players who can actually play this game has reached its minimum. In addition, the game crashes quite frequently when Alt+tabbing into it and is full of annoying bugs that weren't there in the past (the whole mess with flights being disbanded, and of course the infamous roll bug). Apparently, WG assumes this won't keep anyone from playing and that it's a smart idea to rush the release for no reason. I want to see you try. Well, I willsee you try and fail miserably.

Edited by Cheaterhater, 21 August 2013 - 02:40 PM.

RIP WoWP

Owieczek #22 Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I am afraid that this is not WG specific thing:
Spoiler                     

Gazenberg #23 Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:25 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
Gave a +1. Nuff said.

XIPHORE #24 Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 389 battles
I have no words to describe the disaster that have done.

_Grim_ #25 Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:51 PM

Official Reaper

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostXIPHORE, on 21 August 2013 - 04:27 PM, said:

I have no words to describe the disaster that have done.

A few come to mind but if I use them here I'll probably get a nice 1 month RO ban  :sceptic: .
...................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................Death from Above Reaper and Magister

Ordinii #26 Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Good post Anu - game feels worse after patch.

View PostGreyshark, on 21 August 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

As always I agree with Mighty Suaraj. This patch is a big mistake. with 9 fps (13-15 in 0.5.1) Asian Border is unplayable now, controls are messed up, ping I had 35-45 now it's 70-80, flight model is very strange, what's up with those rolls? I move joystick slightly to the left and the airplane suddently makes 180 degrees roll??

Especially this - have been playing a lot of GAAs over the past two days and you can really feel the difference and there are a lot more crashes happening now.

HansGriger #27 Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

League Champion

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles
  • [JFA] JFA
actually thought for a while that my joystick was broken but seemed it was just when I was close to the enemy and manouverabillity went ballistic    can only agree with all the others awful awful collision avoidance system   it was confusing the first  :amazed: time it happened  second time it was funny :teethhappy:  now I cant even cry its just so awful and no tveaking gonna fix it  can only hope that they get rid of it.

I think this game is a good Flight game leaning more towards the arcade catering to all of us who want the blend of fast action but with some depth, but truly now every time this avoidance crap happens the game switches character to something like a really really bad console arcade game   its just so sad :sad:

oldnick2 #28 Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:31 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 3 battles
As a player closer to an average rather than good or poor I am in broad agree with all your comments.To dumb down the game and lets face it we are talking seriously
dumbing down the whole concept will ultimately backfire as people will become bored with this iteration very quickly.It looks as though the devs have been instructed to
create a game ready for Rabid monetisation through the add ons which will follow rapidly,sorry I meant the premium items which we will all want.You can keep us playing
longer by creating an aspirational consumerist in game culture based on skill or effort+time . If WG know how to market then they can still get my pennies ....but give me
a game that works and will reward those who want to improve by effort as well as $.

Aemon21 #29 Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:04 PM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I'm coming from WoT, have tried WoWp, and play WT for some time now. I have tried Wowp when it was in closed beta and i had some fun with it. Tried it again about a month ago and it was a disaster! My eyes hurt me from the graphics, Fps drop when in fight, weird controls and FM, need i go on. I have played about 20-30 battles and quit! It's still installed on HD, i keep it updated just to see if there will be made some improvements but reading forums a bit it doesent seem to be any.
So, WT is far superior game, both in gameplay and system wise. My hat to you guys that play this game knowing that there is way better option out there.
I am very curious how WT will handle tanks and navy. But seeing difference in planes i'm guessing Wargaming is looking at a grim future ahead!

bri29 #30 Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
anu i agree in what you say here,i still cant beleave there are going live with this game as it is,someone got to kick ass and sort these bugs out,but as allways wowp dont see what we saying to them

zmeul #31 Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:39 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Test Veteran
  • 0 battles

View Postsharpneli, on 21 August 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

It goes both ways btw. WT ground forces will be compared to WoT. The first mover has huge advantage.
unless WT does what WoT doesn't have .. HB for example
or a hard-core mode where 1 penetrating shot can be a kill
also keep in mind WT maps are huge compared with WoT's, and the number of players is double - and because tanks are played in 2 axis, there is a possibility that they can put 60 players on the map
the whole reason for this failure, yes WoWp is a fail, is focus testing
focus testing is the no1 problem in video games, WG listens to maybe 100 people instead of the thousands that play-test this game
the problem with focus testing is that WG hand picks the people involved, and pays them for rapid development
remember those feedback pools pixyl made a while back .. they're gone - gone in the meaning of not used anymore

Edited by zmeul, 22 August 2013 - 03:52 AM.

人は地獄を作った

Deamon93 #32 Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:37 AM

First Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS

View Postzmeul, on 22 August 2013 - 03:39 AM, said:

View Postsharpneli, on 21 August 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

It goes both ways btw. WT ground forces will be compared to WoT. The first mover has huge advantage.
unless WT does what WoT doesn't have .. HB for example
or a hard-core mode where 1 penetrating shot can be a kill
also keep in mind WT maps are huge compared with WoT's, and the number of players is double - and because tanks are played in 2 axis, there is a possibility that they can put 60 players on the map
the whole reason for this failure, yes WoWp is a fail, is focus testing
focus testing is the no1 problem in video games, WG listens to maybe 100 people instead of the thousands that play-test this game
the problem with focus testing is that WG hand picks the people involved, and pays them for rapid development
remember those feedback pools pixyl made a while back .. they're gone - gone in the meaning of not used anymore

Well we can create our own but the polls are not the problem. The problem is: will WG listen?

I don't know what the focus tester are doing and why they accepted over 0.4 and 0.5 crappy things again and again. I don't even know if they are listening to all the focus tester(RU, NA and EU) or just RU. Anyway since 0.4 and since Pixyl left here changed something.

Once there was trust between tester and WG staff, althou even in 0.3 there were crappy patches(0.34 for example). Still you could notice the improvement over the series while in 0.4 you can't say that something got improved because:
1)The controls are crappier than in 0.35(the joystick was fine in 0.42 or in 0.41 but then you changed in worse again. I don't even want to talk about the mouse, i tried it when my joystick broke and it was AWFUL. You have to give a medal to whoever plays with mouse)
2)The performance is crappier than in 0.35(the graphics are better but there are more FPS drops, crashes and so on than the old 0.35)
3)The balance is off because now there's a HUGE leap between VIII(the old tier VII) and IX. The only planes capable of fighting against tier IXs were the F2G(still in VII) and La9(in VIII now). The problem is that now the tier VIII will be pwned by a good player in 262 because it's OP in comparison to piston engines(a while back with La 150 and JP it wasn't like that because it wasn't possible to run away easely). Another thing is that whoever gets a tier IX now has to learn how to treat jets so they will use them as props and own by proper props.

These are only example of what you've done wrong and what you're not fixing. I know that it's rather difficult doing all great but you're not even taking care of the problems. Who cares if the game is unstable with crappy controls and with unbalances between tiers.

I haven't tested yet 0.51, i will shortly, but you have to hope that i eat before writing my feedback cuz a hungry and pissed Italian is much worse than a pissed one ;)

Death from Above member

"Memento mori" roman saying

Rukh_UE25 #33 Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles

Due to a mighty lack of time I didn't play the 0.5.1 so far but what I am reading sounds not really auspicious ...  :sceptic:

Beside that +1, I totally agree with the post of the Suaraj.

Left the closed beta with 3888 battles and 10.570 downed planes ...

Owieczek #34 Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Does anyone who can read Russian know what RU forums say about roll rate increase?
I have checked NA forums and they have more or less same opinion as we do here on this so called collision avoidance system. If feedback is same on RU forums, there may be a chance that it will be removed.
Same for gun dispersion - It is ridiculous now, hitting anything from below now is impossible. I guess Gentle1 will have his 99% win rate :D. And not to mention GAA - I have flown Il2t and long burst at 600m, dead on marker, and not a single bullet hit...

Technocrat_Prime #35 Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 1246 battles
  • [JG26] JG26

View PostGreyshark, on 21 August 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

As always I agree with Mighty Suaraj. This patch is a big mistake. with 9 fps (13-15 in 0.5.1) Asian Border is unplayable now, controls are messed up, ping I had 35-45 now it's 70-80, flight model is very strange, what's up with those rolls? I move joystick slightly to the left and the airplane suddently makes 180 degrees roll??

None of this occurs with me so it's not their fault. I think you do need to upgrade your hardware or play WT.

NON NOBIS DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED NOMINI TUO DA GLORIAM

_Grim_ #36 Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

Official Reaper

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostTechnocrat_Prime, on 22 August 2013 - 03:00 PM, said:

None of this occurs with me so it's not their fault. I think you do need to upgrade your hardware or play WT.

Congrats,you are in the 0.01 % of players that don't have any performance issues.Guess all the people having PCs far more powerful than what you would need to run the game ,but who still get terrible performance are the one at fault ,and not WG and their extremely poorly optimized game.

Let me give you a little example-on my PC (i7 3630,8 gigs of RAM and GT 750 ) I run the game at very high at around 45 fps with occasional  drops to 20 fps when in a dogfight,One would think that reducing the settings would give me a better experience ,but nope-it runs exactly the same on Very Low and even runs worse on medium.Does this sound like the problem is with my system,or with the WTF optimization the game has ?

And it quite miraculous how a lot of people starting having even more performance problems after 0.5.1.,guess the PCs of all of them broke down on the very same day the patch arrived as that is a lot better explanation than that the game's optimization has been made even poorer.

And the rolling issue is quite present and extremely annoying if you ever get close to an enemy or friendly plane-maybe you should look a bit closer before making some comments about it not existing,especially against dear Greyshark who is one of the most experienced people here.
...................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................Death from Above Reaper and Magister

Badman273 #37 Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 10 battles
  • [DBAT1] DBAT1
I must say you nailed it 100%. It was fun but now its getting  annoying.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Badman273

Lavidaloka #38 Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:59 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
My opinion not your computers weak ,but i think so _Grim_  may be in his case our Lenovo IdeaPad or Asus Laptop(i7 3630,8 gigs of RAM and GT 750) that not 100% enough to this game...
The principal reason of everything  is with game servers problem and they are because of this fps decrease,collapse.Although nothing is gratitude for me for a god did not change after the patch,but I play with one very strong Gamer-PC.I have always 75-60FPS..
I suggest it that for who fps problem they are it is used the fps fulfils increasing modifications well already
For example...Switch off camera window in HUD.
For reducing effects use those mods, it removes all smokes and detonations. It greatly improves FPS.
http://forum.worldof...s-and-textures/

Edited by Lavidaloka, 22 August 2013 - 07:59 PM.

Bigglesof206 #39 Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles
  • [DAFT] DAFT
Nail, Head, Hit - excellent post Anu.

TinManNL #40 Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:18 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 1762 battles
  • [DCT] DCT

The guy that came up with the recent "collison avoidance system" that makes your plane 10x more agile when in proximity to other planes is the biggest dweeb in the history of mankind. Seriously, I cannot fathom how a living breathing thinking human being that develops games for a living thought to himself: "Hey, I know how to make planes not crash as much! Let's make a system that makes a plane fly erratic and uber fast when close to other planes, that should make avoiding collisions super easy!!"
This is the nickname We've been using, but after talking with some standard mouse players, their aim actually became better... So my theory on the rolling thing is this: It's there to have more precise aim for the mouse by increasing sensitivity of the input device, so you can have tighter aim.
This thought is even more disturbing, because then they basically broke every other input system in favor of the standard mouse, so those guys can have a fighting chance, now that's a scary way to balance stuff.(Break everyting but the preferred input) Last time I felt such BS was when I was playing WT with stick...

V. Energy
13. The quality of decision is like the well-timed swoop of a falcon which enables it to strike and destroy its victim.

Also tagged with state, game, release

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users