Say no to Autoaim!

wg has ruined wowp

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
772 replies to this topic

TRNogger #101 Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Well, I still Don't unerstand why this is game-breaking. Once,  it  has only impact If you already have a Good target, since the correcture works only for a few degrees. And honestly, If somebody is at your six you should be dead. True Evasion still works, although just slightly wobbling does Not anymore. This also means that the effect favors Boom and zoom, while it has less effect in turnfight, so it is even favoring  players with Advanced skill WHO are currently complaining the most.

Ordinii #102 Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:01 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 69 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
If this is intentional then I am raging with myself for buying the preorder bundle with the years worth of premium.  I was used to bad days but yesterday I think I got shot down in every battle no matter how hard I tried to get away from the enemy players - its just nonsense now!

Bring the skill element back!

chib1977 #103 Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:13 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 318 battles
How is it all you elitist's ,the best of the best ect ect are complaining ? ,surely you hit what your aiming at anyway ? ,an im a terrible player ,yet i can still dodge ,an my accuracy.....wait for it.......is still the frakking same ,OMG ,my aim bot's not working ,and having just played a few more games ,its more like the standsred of players has dropped ,along with alot of peoples IQ ,watching my team in spectator mode unable to hit a damn thing and resorting to ramming ect kinda negates this aimbot theory.

jeff_peters #104 Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:19 AM

Wicked

• Conquest Member
  • 328 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View Postchib1977, on 27 September 2013 - 07:13 AM, said:

How is it all you elitist's ,the best of the best ect ect are complaining ? ,surely you hit what your aiming at anyway ? ,an im a terrible player ,yet i can still dodge ,an my accuracy.....wait for it.......is still the frakking same ,OMG ,my aim bot's not working ,and having just played a few more games ,its more like the standsred of players has dropped ,along with alot of peoples IQ ,watching my team in spectator mode unable to hit a damn thing and resorting to ramming ect kinda negates this aimbot theory.

I hear you buddy, why learn to play when the game can do everything for ya. Makes sense for an esport game. Oh... oh wait...

DfA cannon fodder

Hynol #105 Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

No - it isn't.
Your observations are pretty much useless as prove, when we can't confront them. On the other sides there are movies proving "aimbot theory" - turning bullets. Also it is much easier to hit air targets after patch. ILs dies from MGs in seconds. And there is no change in MGs strenght.

Panocek #106 Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 144 battles

IMO issue is, before you needed to at least put effort to stay on red circle, now need only to be around it. I've quickly noticed my IL-10 evaporates way faster under 30mm fire from German HF despite having 50% more hp than before.
Also earlier I've seen at times overshooting (or otherwise inaccurate/badly aimed) stream of bullets from BnZing fighter at me, giving me sometimes time/room to dodge or minimise damage taken. Not so much in 5.3, though I've played only 20 battles or so.

Edited by Panocek, 27 September 2013 - 07:29 AM.

_Grim_ #107 Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:39 AM

Official Reaper

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

Why we "elitists" are complaining ?It is simple,because now evasion is not worth anything -a stream of shells that would do 10 damage before,now does 50.The art of aiming is one of the most important things in any flight game.And this patch has effectively removed it .I guess next step is just to introduce auto-fly :facepalm: .

You have to give it to WG,though-they are excellent at breaking game features and then fixing them in the most annoying and silly way imaginable.First they broke accuracy with the ridiculous dispersion mechanic which has no basis in RL and now they improve it with this ^%##&%#%$#$ aim-bot hardcoded in the game.
...................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................Death from Above Reaper and Magister

Perzel #108 Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:49 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 0 battles
I agree with the OP. WoWp is not a simulator, but this goes to far. Skill is real, auto-aim is not.

Stabu #109 Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 29 battles

View PostTRNogger, on 27 September 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

Well, I still Don't unerstand why this is game-breaking. Once,  it  has only impact If you already have a Good target, since the correcture works only for a few degrees. And honestly, If somebody is at your six you should be dead. True Evasion still works, although just slightly wobbling does Not anymore. This also means that the effect favors Boom and zoom, while it has less effect in turnfight, so it is even favoring  players with Advanced skill WHO are currently complaining the most.
Guess what, i don't want any kind of aiming assist on this game, even if it would help only myself or the rest of the top 10 on the roster. I want my kills to be earned by skill, not by having some sort of autoaim crap doing something for me.

Edited by Stabu, 27 September 2013 - 08:11 AM.

Fajtl #110 Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 1 battle

View PostStabu, on 27 September 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

View PostTRNogger, on 27 September 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

Guess what, i don't want any kind of aiming assist on this game, even if it would help only myself or the rest of the top 10 on the roster. I want my kills to be earned by skill, not by having some sort of autoaim crap doing something for me.
Guess what, aiming assist has been around for ages. This time around they crossed some borders though.

TRNogger #111 Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:21 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Anyhow, did some of you test if the auto-aim disappears when you use low graphics settings? After some more games, I'm pretty confident that there is no auto-aiming with low graphics for me, but obviously it is there when I fly with medium settings.

Fajtl #112 Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:24 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 1 battle
I tried Blenheim against IL-2(mod) and it seemed like some of the guns were shooting straight, some "snapped" to target. However the HP bar did not indicate any damage taken. If it works, it probably does so within few degrees of deviation from aiming circle. It can be just graphic, but it could also be overdone aiming assist.

Eviscerador #113 Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:33 AM

DAKKA!!! DAKKA!!! DAKKA!!!

• Beta Tester
  • 2667 battles
  • [BU-LL] BU-LL
In another hand, if this slight aim assist help to increase the player base, I can live with it.

Seriously, I was fed up with teams which couldn't hit the side of a barn while flying. Now they guys who were "just there" are achieving kills, and that is helpful for the team.

I will miss getting 1 ace every 5 games but I can live with that.

I haven't noticed any difference, and for example yesterday I made a diving head on vs a Bf109F with 3X20 mm cannons. I still got him with the mustangs MGs and he only got 50 hp off me. So is not that big.

And my surviving rate is the same as always.

I'm beginning to think this is a bit elitist and egoism on your side. Yes you are better, yes, your aiming skills are superior. But not eveyone has time, skill or experience to get the game and kill 6 planes each game. You need to aid people in their first games. This is not tanks, where the target is still and you can move your turret. A bit of help for them will be welcomed, and good people will still be good because of tactics, 3D awareness and superior aiming.

Stabu #114 Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 29 battles
And I'm sure we will be seeing a video quite soon where the snapshots are doing 0 damage? right?
Because they sure as hell are doing damage on the 2 previous vids.

djaxup #115 Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
I noticed today in my IL-8 that i got shot down very very quickly, and that plane is a monster in terms of HP and armor. Seemed fishy, but I am not one to complain on the first occurance. I'll keep an eye on it for sure.

Stabu #116 Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 29 battles
And keep in mind that shooting an il2 with .303 will not damage them all the time.
Edit. Every single bullet i mean.

Edited by Stabu, 27 September 2013 - 08:36 AM.

Deamon93 #117 Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

First Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS
I will make other tests today so you're able to see by yourself.

Death from Above member

"Memento mori" roman saying

PythonUA #118 Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

Senior Airman

• 1758 battles

View Post3agle3ye, on 27 September 2013 - 06:20 AM, said:

Also now the rear gunners they are not missing any more.Every shot will hit u...WG FIX THIS ASAP.
In 0.5.3 patch most crews were replaced by veterans, able to get 100% speciality + 100% main skill + 50% secondary skill. Rear gunners just got their "+accuracy" & "+fire range" skills

Deamon93 #119 Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:39 AM

First Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS

View PostPythonUA, on 27 September 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

View Post3agle3ye, on 27 September 2013 - 06:20 AM, said:

Also now the rear gunners they are not missing any more.Every shot will hit u...WG FIX THIS ASAP.
In 0.5.3 patch most crews were replaced by veterans, able to get 100% speciality + 100% main skill + 50% secondary skill. Rear gunners just got their "+accuracy" & "+fire range" skills

That's why i was against crew skills except camo, spotting range and firefighting. Still everybody whined about having more skills: here's the result

Death from Above member

"Memento mori" roman saying

PythonUA #120 Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:54 AM

Senior Airman

• 1758 battles
Crew skills is a way to raise your virtual alter ego. This works fine in MMO games, it keeps clients online. Yesterday haven't noticed problems with rear gunners. Just haven't kept myself in their crosshair, cuz I have my own IL-2 two-seat and know how it can be painfull (even before 0.5.3).

Also tagged with wg, has, ruined, wowp

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users