Say no to Autoaim!

wg has ruined wowp

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
772 replies to this topic

TRNogger #141 Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
OK, I rest my case. I totally agree with DingMan and ExtincE. If you have found a new place to go, give a holler. I'm not much into MMOs, but I liked the crowd over here, too.

E1nzelK1nd #142 Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
kick it out!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by E1nzelK1nd, 27 September 2013 - 03:42 PM.

sig_E1nzelK1nd.jpg

Didgnmatt #143 Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 10 battles
Yepp, seen the autoaim now, too.
Killed aircraft not even looking half his way.
This must be removed.
During the last week i had THE big success to see my flying/strategic/aiming skills improved a lot.
Was happy with the game for the most part, but even more happy with my achievements so far.
Just by the fact that it improved.
Now this is next to no more necessary or even possible.
How improve skills if you don´t see the lack of it any more ?
I think at the moment the game is as boring as Microsoft Minesweeper.
WG, take that autoaim back to where it was before, or start advertising WoWp in kindergardens and dog´s schools

Edited by Didgnmatt, 27 September 2013 - 04:14 PM.

The early bird gets the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese

Nozyczki #144 Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
And there I thought I got some nice aiming on my bf 109 Z and Me 262... seriously, owned anyone within 1000m radius, and was quite surprised. Take that sh#t awyay, it makes me think im awesome o.0 And puts the game on same level as hallo kitty online.

Cyberjag #145 Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
I've given my feedback in the appropriate section too but after loving this game for the last 2200 battles, auto aim has now ruined it.  It's not possible to have a game last more than 1 minute....either that you get rammed because it's at least a win-win scenario.

I hated War Thunder because it was too complex but this is now too dumbed down and, in all honesty, even though I've pre-purchased Premium, I may give that to my 6 year old son and go play WT instead.

Disappointed...

CJ

TRNogger #146 Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
OK, really experiencing the auto-aim on the bought-again Me262. While previously I fought to get a kill due to missing constantly, I know do 4 kills per game. This is rediculously easy...

Borhanix #147 Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
The reason why *good* players are dying more often is because a lot of other *good* players started playing lower tiers suddenly because of british and free premium planes

I havent actually noticed any improvement or worsening in gameplay since before patch (and aim assist) and im not getting killed more often either since patch

The only major thing that matters is that it takes more time to kill any plane I think they buffed all their hitpoints

So I dont see what all this fuss is about? are the *pros* that dont need aim assist getting killed easier now or what? because im not, and im not killing any easier either

Also, to what extent is that aim assist effective? I think if anything it just lets a few bullets hit because of network lag or something, like battlefield for example

Cyberjag #148 Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
Confirmed Auto aim is not being removed.  So after 2200+ battles, time to go to War Thunder.

It's been a blast but, unfortunately, wasted time.

See you around hopefully.

CJ

King_ExtincE #149 Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

You mad brah?

• Conquest Member
  • 156 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostCyberjag, on 27 September 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

Confirmed Auto aim is not being removed.
Source please?

Stabu #150 Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 29 battles

View PostBorhanix, on 27 September 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

The reason why *good* players are dying more often is because a lot of other *good* players started playing lower tiers suddenly because of british and free premium planes

I havent actually noticed any improvement or worsening in gameplay since before patch (and aim assist) and im not getting killed more often either since patch

The only major thing that matters is that it takes more time to kill any plane I think they buffed all their hitpoints

So I dont see what all this fuss is about? are the *pros* that dont need aim assist getting killed easier now or what? because im not, and im not killing any easier either

Also, to what extent is that aim assist effective? I think if anything it just lets a few bullets hit because of network lag or something, like battlefield for example

*Slams face in to a desk*

King_ExtincE #151 Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:18 PM

You mad brah?

• Conquest Member
  • 156 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

So I dont see what all this fuss is about? are the *pros* that dont need aim assist getting killed easier now or what? because im not
No offense or anything, but only surviving a quarter of your battles on average, I'd doubt you'd notice a change in there.. But in case you're in doubt, it went further down by 3% in the past 7 days..

TinManNL #152 Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 1762 battles
  • [DCT] DCT

First of all, good players are better no matter the tier, so that they are back at lower tier an invalid argument.
The point is that real skill just stops to matter, because of the easier aim dodging is becoming rapidly more useless, because the bullets will bend towards you no matter how much you wiggle.
Also with less skill in aiming, you as a person will get less satisfaction of a job well done if you get a kill, becaus you know at least 50% of it was the computer.
And yes, the extent of the auto aim is like 50% of the bullets bend towards the target even when your aim is 5 to 10 degrees off target.

View PostStabu, on 27 September 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

*Slams face in to a desk*
Easy there Stabu, hope my post made it a bit more clear for him... If not I'll gladly join you in head/desk slamming...

Edited by TinManNL, 27 September 2013 - 05:23 PM.

V. Energy
13. The quality of decision is like the well-timed swoop of a falcon which enables it to strike and destroy its victim.

AnuSuaraj #153 Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

He Who Knows all the Hacks...

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

Dude, I am not getting killed more. My results are pretty much the same as before...

So the thing is, seeing bullets go around corners just ruins the game for me...

Death From Above Member

Ivan_Kulbich #154 Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

Senior Airman

• Developer
  • 0 battles
:ohmy:
Guys, calm down a bit please.

Nothing changed with autoaim in 0.5.3. Nothing changed in autoaim for at least half of year.

Autoaim only helps a bit, gives few hits instead of nothing. Skill still matter a lot, good shooting gives much more hits.  :playing:
Evasion also is very possible for skilled player.

Also autoaim reduces for higher tiers and for bigger cannons.

:honoring:

Grolim #155 Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

League Champion

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles

View PostIvan_Kulbich, on 27 September 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

Nothing changed with autoaim in 0.5.3. Nothing changed in autoaim for at least half of year.

Autoaim only helps a bit, gives few hits instead of nothing. Skill still matter a lot, good shooting gives much more hits.  :playing:

So you mean it is just that the plane are so much more sluggish so that we notice it now?

Cyberjag #156 Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
In that case Ivan...you've got a BIG bug in there.  I suggest you go try it.  In the meantime I'm off.

So long and thanks for all the fish :)

CJ

Borhanix #157 Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles

View PostExtincE, on 27 September 2013 - 05:18 PM, said:

So I dont see what all this fuss is about? are the *pros* that dont need aim assist getting killed easier now or what? because im not
No offense or anything, but only surviving a quarter of your battles on average, I'd doubt you'd notice a change in there.. But in case you're in doubt, it went further down by 3% in the past 7 days..

Not taken offense, because I dont think dying in matches has anything to do with it, it is about playing for objectives not going high up and avoiding gunfights and trying not to die

For example there are times to sacrifice yourself just like in chess, you probably know what im talking about

And this is irrelevant anyway, because I still shoot and get shot at much like you do, and I haven't noticed any difference

If the aim assist is more visible now or more apparant it is irrelevant, because what matters is whether it makes a difference to the battles or not, and im saying so far I havent noticed any difference, im not getting killed more often, or killing people more often, so its fine for me

Cheekibreekiivdamke #158 Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

They see me Ilyushin', they hatin

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
If this remains, I seriously think about quitting the game. There is a well-known alternative you know, and it sadly becomes more attractive with every patch. -_-

Grand_Moff_Tano #159 Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

• Alpha Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostPrimarch_Victus, on 27 September 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

If this remains, I seriously think about quitting the game. There is a well-known alternative you know, and it sadly becomes more attractive with every patch. -_-
Although I still believe it to be called Aim-Assist I do agree with your statement Primarch

_Grim_ #160 Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

Official Reaper

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostIvan_Kulbich, on 27 September 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

Well,if nothing changed ,then why do I get double my previous accuracy in the after action report,even when firing carelessly ?
Cause if you haven't done any intended tweaks to the auto-aiming in 0.5.3.,then you have a serious bug on your hand :sceptic: .A bug that is not close,but way over the border of what "gamebreaking" means.

Edited by _Grim_, 27 September 2013 - 05:45 PM.

...................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................Death from Above Reaper and Magister

Also tagged with wg, has, ruined, wowp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users