Jump to content


Say no to Autoaim!

wg has ruined wowp

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
772 replies to this topic

ufaklik11 #161 Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 40
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
  • Member since:
    07-21-2012
So... this is why I die now so fast.
And I thought the naabs learned finally how to shoot.

zimmah87 #162 Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 168
  • Member since:
    08-31-2012

View PostStabu, on 27 September 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

View PostBorhanix, on 27 September 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

The reason why *good* players are dying more often is because a lot of other *good* players started playing lower tiers suddenly because of british and free premium planes

I havent actually noticed any improvement or worsening in gameplay since before patch (and aim assist) and im not getting killed more often either since patch

The only major thing that matters is that it takes more time to kill any plane I think they buffed all their hitpoints

So I dont see what all this fuss is about? are the *pros* that dont need aim assist getting killed easier now or what? because im not, and im not killing any easier either

Also, to what extent is that aim assist effective? I think if anything it just lets a few bullets hit because of network lag or something, like battlefield for example

*Slams face in to a desk*

I hope you mean his face, you should not hurt yourself for the stupidity of others.
I was looking for spitfire avatars and i found this, couldn't resist using it. :trollface:


Are you an ={ACE}=? Check wowp-ace.eu

Ivan_Kulbich #163 Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Developer
  • 0 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    10-13-2011

View Post_Grim_, on 27 September 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

View PostIvan_Kulbich, on 27 September 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

:ohmy:
Guys, calm down a bit please.
Nothing changed with autoaim in 0.5.3. Nothing changed in autoaim for at least half of year.
Autoaim only helps a bit, gives few hits instead of nothing. Skill still matter a lot, good shooting gives much more hits.  :playing:
Evasion also is very possible for skilled player.
Also autoaim reduces for higher tiers and for bigger cannons.
:honoring:
Well,if nothing changed ,then why do I get double my previous accuracy in the after action report,even when firing carelessly ?
Cause if you haven't done any intended tweaks to the auto-aiming in 0.5.3.,then you have a serious bug on your hand :sceptic: .A bug that is not close,but way over the border of what "gamebreaking" means.

Nice point, we will research this tiil/on Monday, with our daily battle statistics report.

Ivan_Kulbich #164 Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Developer
  • 0 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    10-13-2011

View Postufaklik11, on 27 September 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

So... this is why I die now so fast.
And I thought the naabs learned finally how to shoot.

There is other reason for this. You can see that minimum damage from single hit now increased, and you need less hits in average to destroy plane now.

Stabu #165 Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Alpha Tester
  • 29 battles
  • 55
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostIvan_Kulbich, on 27 September 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

View Post_Grim_, on 27 September 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

View PostIvan_Kulbich, on 27 September 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

:ohmy:
Guys, calm down a bit please.
Nothing changed with autoaim in 0.5.3. Nothing changed in autoaim for at least half of year.
Autoaim only helps a bit, gives few hits instead of nothing. Skill still matter a lot, good shooting gives much more hits.  :playing:
Evasion also is very possible for skilled player.
Also autoaim reduces for higher tiers and for bigger cannons.
:honoring:
Well,if nothing changed ,then why do I get double my previous accuracy in the after action report,even when firing carelessly ?
Cause if you haven't done any intended tweaks to the auto-aiming in 0.5.3.,then you have a serious bug on your hand :sceptic: .A bug that is not close,but way over the border of what "gamebreaking" means.

Nice point, we will research this tiil/on Monday, with our daily battle statistics report.

Thank you.

Huhudidi #166 Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Conquest Member
  • 580 battles
  • 337
  • [KAFU] KAFU
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostIvan_Kulbich, on 27 September 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

:ohmy:
Guys, calm down a bit please.
Nothing changed with autoaim in 0.5.3. Nothing changed in autoaim for at least half of year.
Beeing calm is always good. Starting the arrangements for a funeral just a after patchday is really a bit hectic. Apart from that, also obversations from players are good, all the more if its not from 40% of players who dont know what they are talking about (regarding to the developers lunch article  :medal:  ), but from players with a clear view on the mechanics of the game.
So with your statement we are alltogether that no change in auto-aim is intended. This means this whole thread is about some bugging gamefeature. So hopefully you find the defect soon.  :izmena:
Edit:

View PostIvan_Kulbich, on 27 September 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

View Postufaklik11, on 27 September 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

So... this is why I die now so fast.
And I thought the naabs learned finally how to shoot.
There is other reason for this. You can see that minimum damage from single hit now increased, and you need less hits in average to destroy plane now.
Ok, wasnt aware of this. But this might lead together with the autoaimung to some strange feeling.

Edited by Huhudidi, 27 September 2013 - 06:13 PM.


_Grim_ #167 Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

    Official Reaper

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 2,242
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
  • Member since:
    11-04-2011

View PostIvan_Kulbich, on 27 September 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

Nice point, we will research this tiil/on Monday, with our daily battle statistics report.
Thank you,I really hope this is indeed a bug as it has made a the game feel really unenjoyable ,frustrating ans simply not fun.

Edited by _Grim_, 27 September 2013 - 06:14 PM.

...................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................Death from Above Reaper and Magister

AnuSuaraj #168 Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

    He Who Knows all the Hacks...

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 3,244
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
  • Member since:
    02-03-2012

View PostBorhanix, on 27 September 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

Not taken offense, because I dont think dying in matches has anything to do with it, it is about playing for objectives not going high up and avoiding gunfights and trying not to die
See this is where you are wrong and how I know you are not that good in WoT or WoWP.
The goal is too stay alive for as long as possible (in both games) because the longer you are alive the more damage and kills do you score. And that ultimately leads to more wins and a higher WR.
But all this is irrelavant to the topic.
The point is if they tried to implement a system in WoT where every 10th shell you fire hits the target as long as you fire it in the vicinity of the enemy tank and even if the shell has to fly around obstacles...well...I'm guessing a lot of people wouldn't play WoT in that case.

View PostIvan_Kulbich, on 27 September 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

Also autoaim reduces for higher tiers and for bigger cannons.
:honoring:
AHA!
I told you.
It is only noticable on the higher tiers if you shoot from longer ranges...but it works for cannons too.
Also, please don't tell me what to do WG person...

Edited by AnuSuaraj, 27 September 2013 - 06:15 PM.

Death From Above Member

 


cloud2011 #169 Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:14 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Community Contributor
  • 362 battles
  • 459
  • Member since:
    10-30-2011
Agreed Wtf thats too esy and i wonder why i ever after the patch i  am killed that the explain ever noob can me shot down - :angry:

Mitglied der Flying Ducks in World of Warplanes 


Wargaminggames Streaming

https://www.twitch.tv/wargaminggames

 

CLISSEFIGE #170 Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

    League Champion

  • Beta Tester
  • 116 battles
  • 1,317
  • Member since:
    10-08-2012
I tested with a wingman auto-aim and with a same tier it has little effect BUT with a higher tier against lower tier it has TREMENDOUS incidence.
THIS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!!
:sad:
THIS  IS BAD and we are disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by CLISSEFIGE, 28 September 2013 - 06:30 AM.

                                     

                                                                                                                                           

                                 Hulahup... barbatruc                                                                                               


Die_Schildkroete #171 Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 89
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Fuck this Shit!

I want a Laser i make 0 Dmg with my T1 Plane vs T10 planes!!!!1111!!!!!


CLISSEFIGE #172 Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

    League Champion

  • Beta Tester
  • 116 battles
  • 1,317
  • Member since:
    10-08-2012
I tested autoaim with a wingman, unfortunatly it is real!!!   if u play with same tiers it has almost no effect but if  for ex. a 410 uses autoaim against a tier 4, 410 kills tier 4 in seconds THIS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!

Edited by CLISSEFIGE, 28 September 2013 - 06:30 AM.

                                     

                                                                                                                                           

                                 Hulahup... barbatruc                                                                                               


Lozif #173 Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
  • 218
  • Member since:
    07-14-2013
No to autoaim.....  there i said no, and i realy mean it, it sucks big time.
and a second thing no to the slow pase of the game after 0.5.3 i can hardly turn a big plane 180 degrees before the game is over, it feel so slow, and yet the game is over in no time coz of autoaim........

I like grinding xp for the release, now its a pain, and i nearly have to force my self to play, i´ll still grind some, but if i dont get my turning and game speed back, i dont see my self playing this game much....   i was starting to feel like i was getting good at this, now it comes Down to luck more or less, and on top of that it seams that nealy every player just go for a plane to plane crash just to get a kill.

When you lose, someone else wins.

When this senario is true, think of them, and not your self.


Mirbis #174 Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 104 battles
  • 504
  • Member since:
    03-03-2012

View PostIvan_Kulbich, on 27 September 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

:ohmy:
Guys, calm down a bit please.

Nothing changed with autoaim in 0.5.3. Nothing changed in autoaim for at least half of year.

Autoaim only helps a bit, gives few hits instead of nothing. Skill still matter a lot, good shooting gives much more hits.  :playing:
Evasion also is very possible for skilled player.

Also autoaim reduces for higher tiers and for bigger cannons.

:honoring:

Good bughunting then!

It was possible to make "warning shots" around the plane with poor aim before. Now many bullets seems to have tiny homing-devices installed that directs them to the target if it is in the not-so-near-to-look-plausible vicinity.

Mirbis #175 Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 104 battles
  • 504
  • Member since:
    03-03-2012
Aside the skill issue, I'm also concerned about the balance. I was testing the new premiums today and with everybody making more hits than before, firepower now makes a (more) huge difference. Battles are over much faster, and lightly armed planes have a hard time to make the kill before they get swarmed by enemies or the allies clear the skies.

In correlation, I think heavy fighters take a bigger portion of kills than before.

EdvinRalph #176 Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 4 battles
  • 12
  • [PR-HR] PR-HR
  • Member since:
    03-19-2013

View PostBorhanix, on 27 September 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

Hi guys

Getting a lot of rear gunner type sounds on planes that dont have a rear gunner, like spitfire, mosquito, etc

Even if there is no enemy around or any friendly or AA and nothing to shoot at, it comes and goes randomly

It is just like rear gunner sound

Borhan

View PostNecropsittacus, on 27 September 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

Same here, so far I encountered that with 110C, Skua and Blenheim. Wild random shooting sounds from time to time even if no enemy is in range...

Yep I have had this happen on a number of planes. Sometimes the shooting starts over my shoulder almost as soon as we spawn...  :ohmy:  thought they had snuck up behind us...  :unsure:

Flakmech #177 Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 212
  • [SSK] SSK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostEdvinRalph, on 27 September 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

View PostBorhanix, on 27 September 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

Hi guys

Getting a lot of rear gunner type sounds on planes that dont have a rear gunner, like spitfire, mosquito, etc

Even if there is no enemy around or any friendly or AA and nothing to shoot at, it comes and goes randomly

It is just like rear gunner sound

Borhan

View PostNecropsittacus, on 27 September 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

Same here, so far I encountered that with 110C, Skua and Blenheim. Wild random shooting sounds from time to time even if no enemy is in range...

Yep I have had this happen on a number of planes. Sometimes the shooting starts over my shoulder almost as soon as we spawn...  :ohmy:  thought they had snuck up behind us...  :unsure:

and even if someone who's dead looks over your shoulder, he'll get that sounds too :unsure:


chasey #178 Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 200
  • Member since:
    06-07-2012

View PostIvan_Kulbich, on 27 September 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

:ohmy:
Guys, calm down a bit please.
Nothing changed with autoaim in 0.5.3. Nothing changed in autoaim for at least half of year.
Autoaim only helps a bit, gives few hits instead of nothing. Skill still matter a lot, good shooting gives much more hits.  :playing:
Evasion also is very possible for skilled player.
Also autoaim reduces for higher tiers and for bigger cannons.
:honoring:
http://forum.worldof...ge__st__140#top
Nothing to add ...
there has gone something really really wrong.
And btw.: auto AI to avoid crashing is such a pure bull*****. Pokemon is way more interesting challenging now -,-

Edited by chasey, 27 September 2013 - 08:15 PM.

Greetings, Chasey [DfA] - "The Chuck Norris of WoWp" (Bump [WG])

 

 


Hanszeehock #179 Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Squadron Leader
  • 1 battle
  • 2,872
  • [COSTS] COSTS
  • Member since:
    01-17-2013

View PostMirbis, on 27 September 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

Aside the skill issue, I'm also concerned about the balance. I was testing the new premiums today and with everybody making more hits than before, firepower now makes a (more) huge difference. Battles are over much faster, and lightly armed planes have a hard time to make the kill before they get swarmed by enemies or the allies clear the skies.

In correlation, I think heavy fighters take a bigger portion of kills than before.

This is my experience too

E1nzelK1nd #180 Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 778
  • Member since:
    08-31-2012
maybe we can start a petition?
https://www.change.org/de
0.5.3 sucks hard. autoaim sucks as hell and the new low fighting heights are also a big shit.
and my handling of the planes also feels not as good as before.
fights are much faster finished now.
maybe an english speaking mate can start a intelligent formulatet petition.
maybe its time to play bf4 ( beta on tuesday ) and delete wowp...

Edited by E1nzelK1nd, 27 September 2013 - 08:54 PM.

sig_E1nzelK1nd.jpg

 

 






Also tagged with wg, has, ruined, wowp

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users