Say no to Autoaim!

wg has ruined wowp

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
772 replies to this topic

lshmar #181 Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Hey everyone, don't post over here since I'm from the NA, but I have flown here on occasion back in CBT.

After voicing my concerns over the autoaim "feature" that was put in with this latest patch on the NA forums, I thought I would come over here and agree with you all, this is an abomination and needs to go away, or at least go back to the way it was prior to this patch.

Mirbis #182 Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:02 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 104 battles

View PostE1nzelK1nd, on 27 September 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

maybe we can start a petition?
https://www.change.org/de
0.5.3 sucks hard. autoaim sucks as hell and the new low fighting heights are also a big shit.
and my handling of the planes also feels not as good as before.
fights are much faster finished now.
maybe an english speaking mate can start a intelligent formulatet petition.
maybe its time to play bf4 ( beta on tuesday ) and delete wowp...

Too early for that. Give developers some time to address the issue.

Slauter #183 Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles

View PostExtincE, on 27 September 2013 - 05:18 PM, said:

View PostBorhanix, on 27 September 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

So I dont see what all this fuss is about? are the *pros* that dont need aim assist getting killed easier now or what? because im not
No offense or anything, but only surviving a quarter of your battles on average, I'd doubt you'd notice a change in there.. But in case you're in doubt, it went further down by 3% in the past 7 days..

Try taking IL20 and berserking 5 enemies. You'll probably die, maybe lose, but you'll have fun ;)
This is only a game.

professional stat-padder 101% WR 8888 kills / death 

always in a platoon of OP planes 
died once when my internet connection crashed
obviously best player ever be very afraid

PythonUA #184 Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

Senior Airman

• 1754 battles

View PostCLISSEFIGE, on 27 September 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

I tested autoaim with a wingman, unfortunatly it is real!!!   if u play with same tiers it has almost no effect but if  for ex. a 410 uses autoaim against a tier 4, 410 kills tier 4 in seconds THIS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!
Even before 0.5.3 Me410 could kill IL-2(t) in seconds, though they are of same tier6. What does make you so surprised if Me410 kills tier4? Or before 0.5.3 that was acceptable? Or suggest another example.

PythonUA #185 Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

Senior Airman

• 1754 battles

View PostEdvinRalph, on 27 September 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

View PostBorhanix, on 27 September 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

Hi guys

Getting a lot of rear gunner type sounds on planes that dont have a rear gunner, like spitfire, mosquito, etc

Even if there is no enemy around or any friendly or AA and nothing to shoot at, it comes and goes randomly

It is just like rear gunner sound

Borhan

View PostNecropsittacus, on 27 September 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

Same here, so far I encountered that with 110C, Skua and Blenheim. Wild random shooting sounds from time to time even if no enemy is in range...

Yep I have had this happen on a number of planes. Sometimes the shooting starts over my shoulder almost as soon as we spawn...  :ohmy:  thought they had snuck up behind us...  :unsure:

This bug was found on RU server from first day of 0.5.3 release. Don't know if there are any solutions for now.

Techno666 #186 Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:08 PM

Senior Airman

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles

View PostEviscerador, on 27 September 2013 - 08:33 AM, said:

I'm beginning to think this is a bit elitist and egoism on your side. Yes you are better, yes, your aiming skills are superior. But not eveyone has time, skill or experience to get the game and kill 6 planes each game. You need to aid people in their first games. This is not tanks, where the target is still and you can move your turret. A bit of help for them will be welcomed, and good people will still be good because of tactics, 3D awareness and superior aiming.
Don't have a skill, time or experience ? Then go play some offline arcade flying game with easy difficulty. And this game, you know, is about competition, not the target practice for some whining noobs.

Or I now should say "was competition" ?
FIX.
DAMN.
CRASHES!!!

F0lterknecht #187 Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:43 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
  • [S-B_T] S-B_T
come on guys - move on to greener pastures, WG is doing their damm best to make this game into an idiot heaven. The +/-25% RNG smokescreen in WoT sadly wasnt enough to scare away all persons capable of straight thinking. So WG learned their lessons, and will start catering right from the start the window licking moron.

Mirbis #188 Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 104 battles

View PostTechno666, on 27 September 2013 - 10:08 PM, said:

Don't have a skill, time or experience ? Then go play some offline arcade flying game with easy difficulty. And this game, you know, is about competition, not the target practice for some whining noobs.

Or I now should say "was competition" ?

This game is about entertainment. You don't need skill, time or experience to have fun.

Question is, does current auto-aim bring entertainment? No, for It is double-edged. Killing might be easier but so is dying.

Techno666 #189 Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:16 PM

Senior Airman

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles

View PostIvan_Kulbich, on 27 September 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

View Postufaklik11, on 27 September 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

So... this is why I die now so fast.
And I thought the naabs learned finally how to shoot.
There is other reason for this. You can see that minimum damage from single hit now increased, and you need less hits in average to destroy plane now.
Yeah, this is especially "great", then you are thrown against jets in piston engine plane: 1-2 minutes flying to rendez-vous, then in the blink of the eye you are hit. If you are lucky - maybe you will stil have one tenth of your hit points left, but this is quickly corrected with second jet pass, or another jet.
It was hard to dodge them before 0.5.3, and now with all the visibility thing is nearly to impossible.  When you see them - it's already to late.
FIX.
DAMN.
CRASHES!!!

CrzyAzn #190 Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Ok, I play NA side, but here is a video that I modded the Tracer Trails to red to really show how much of the bullets are being Auto Assisted.  

From what I see, the Auto Aim starts tracking to the center of the Ground Target even outside of the 12.7mm range even though it does not registers a hit.  Which you will see that I started shooting the 12.7mm on the P-40 at 1700 meters and it was auto tracking at the Ground Target.  Also it seems that it stops tracking to the center of the Ground Target around 300 meters.

I also notice that you do not have to have a Target lock on a target for it to Auto Track, which you can see that I have a different target locked in my Target Camera then the Ground Target that I am shooting at.

DefiantOne #191 Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:28 AM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
@CrzyAzn

Just a quick question off topic, how did you manage to get that kind of cockpit view? I have been searching for this in WoWP forever, but didn't find anything.

CrzyAzn #192 Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:34 AM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostDefiantOne, on 28 September 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

@CrzyAzn
Just a quick question off topic, how did you manage to get that kind of cockpit view? I have been searching for this in WoWP forever, but didn't find anything.
Oh, I am using Hootorez's aircraft_camera_presets.xml and hudWOTAviagorizont.swf that I stripped out of his Mod pack, http://forum.worldof...75#entry1212075
Crosshair is my own mod.

Edited by CrzyAzn, 28 September 2013 - 12:35 AM.

zmeul #193 Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:10 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Test Veteran
  • 0 battles

View PostIvan_Kulbich, on 27 September 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

Guys, calm down a bit please.
Nothing changed with autoaim in 0.5.3. Nothing changed in autoaim for at least half of year.
Autoaim only helps a bit, gives few hits instead of nothing. Skill still matter a lot, good shooting gives much more hits.  
Evasion also is very possible for skilled player.
Also autoaim reduces for higher tiers and for bigger cannons.
yesterday, playing with my newly unlocked 109G I managed 3 kills in 10-15seconds - I'm good, but not that good, and especially not with 80% pilot skill
this aim assist needs to go! ASAP!

Edited by zmeul, 28 September 2013 - 01:15 AM.

人は地獄を作った

CLISSEFIGE #194 Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:04 AM

League Champion

• Beta Tester
  • 104 battles
we tested yesterday in a training room with this  configuration : one 410 chasing a Il 2.

with auto-aim, no need to target ennemy with accuracy.

at 500 m range u can approximatly aim at your target,
auto-aim does the rest, simply press the trigger
magic bullets hits your target.
your target shots down in flames.
It's Christmas allready!

SAY NO TO AUTO_AIM

Hulahup... barbatruc                                                                                               

Thiger81 #195 Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
  • [SV3] SV3
Have a problem...Some Newbie said he could report me for auto aim...but I`m not using auto aim so if I get reported for no reason what so ever how can I convince the people behind this game that I´m not using it ??.
I don`t want to get banned for no reason.
Hope to hear from wargaming about this

Edited by Thiger81, 28 September 2013 - 07:19 AM.

AnuSuaraj #196 Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:35 AM

He Who Knows all the Hacks...

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

:ohmy:

Nothing changed with autoaim in 0.5.3. Nothing changed in autoaim for at least half of year.

Autoaim only helps a bit, gives few hits instead of nothing. Skill still matter a lot, good shooting gives much more hits.  :playing:

:honoring:

No matter how many times I read this post it still upsets the voices in my head...

Because two conclusions can be drawn out of these statements:

1. Aimbot has ALWAYS been implemented in this game but to such a small degree that we barely noticed it...

2. In the recent patch someone highly incompetent has unknowingly adjusted this aimbot to such a ridiculous level that we could notice it...

Like I said...most disturbing.

Death From Above Member

Lightbaron #197 Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 41 battles

:ohmy:
Autoaim only helps a bit, gives few hits instead of nothing. Skill still matter a lot, good shooting gives much more hits.  :playing:
:honoring:

I see... :facepalm:
That's why 99% of the 12.7mm bullets of my F-86A Sabre hit my enemys.
Thanks for the information about reducing auto-aim.
I will think about this if I get killed by a HG-III instantaneous for one more time while being in a dogfight and doing unexpeting flight-maneuvers all the time.

Ozodis #198 Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
heavly inbalanced with autoaim.  :sad:  longrange effective weapons kill everyone before you get in range.

feels like a different game what i was used to from closed beta... and it feels worse!

Slyeer #199 Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

Senior Airman

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles
  • [GWDYS] GWDYS
Yesterday in the evening autoaim off. Today is back.
SAY NO TO AUTO_AIM

Edited by Slyeer, 28 September 2013 - 09:38 AM.

Proud member of the Guys Who Dated Your Sister clan.

JimMorr #200 Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:49 AM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 5 battles
Finally we know why Japan lost II WW. F4U and F6F with 6 autoaimed MG .50 did it to them. And they tried dodging them. In 1943 probably came patch that incresed min. damage per bullet...

Also tagged with wg, has, ruined, wowp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users