Jump to content


Say no to Autoaim!

wg has ruined wowp

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
772 replies to this topic

EdvinRalph #201 Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 4 battles
  • 12
  • [PR-HR] PR-HR
  • Member since:
    03-19-2013
There is another unforeseen, but spectacularly bad downside to introducing auto aim or aim assist in WoWP.

What possible incentive is there now for players to avoid a head on collision?

In the past you could roll away from the line of tracers streaming toward you in order to get behind the enemy.

Now as you vainly attempt to avoid a collision enemy bullets magically swerve out of their flight path curving toward your plane?

If this ‘feature’ is left as it is then I think that it will lead to more anger, frustration and rage in the game, which is good for no one.

zimmah87 #202 Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:08 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 168
  • Member since:
    08-31-2012

View PostCrzyAzn, on 27 September 2013 - 11:37 PM, said:

Ok, I play NA side, but here is a video that I modded the Tracer Trails to red to really show how much of the bullets are being Auto Assisted.  



From what I see, the Auto Aim starts tracking to the center of the Ground Target even outside of the 12.7mm range even though it does not registers a hit.  Which you will see that I started shooting the 12.7mm on the P-40 at 1700 meters and it was auto tracking at the Ground Target.  Also it seems that it stops tracking to the center of the Ground Target around 300 meters.

I also notice that you do not have to have a Target lock on a target for it to Auto Track, which you can see that I have a different target locked in my Target Camera then the Ground Target that I am shooting at.

I noties this as well. In some games there's a situation where there's 2 enemies flying close to each other and they both happen to be near your crosshairs. I managed to hit both enemies in such situations by shooting in between them, regardless of which target is locked. They both recieve punishment.
I was looking for spitfire avatars and i found this, couldn't resist using it. :trollface:


Are you an ={ACE}=? Check wowp-ace.eu

Ivan_Kulbich #203 Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:19 AM

    Senior Airman

  • Developer
  • 0 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    10-13-2011

View PostCrzyAzn, on 27 September 2013 - 11:37 PM, said:

Ok, I play NA side, but here is a video that I modded the Tracer Trails to red to really show how much of the bullets are being Auto Assisted.

From what I see, the Auto Aim starts tracking to the center of the Ground Target even outside of the 12.7mm range even though it does not registers a hit. Which you will see that I started shooting the 12.7mm on the P-40 at 1700 meters and it was auto tracking at the Ground Target. Also it seems that it stops tracking to the center of the Ground Target around 300 meters.
I also notice that you do not have to have a Target lock on a target for it to Auto Track, which you can see that I have a different target locked in my Target Camera then the Ground Target that I am shooting at.
Thank you for this video!
If now Autoaim works on that distances, it is definetly a bug. Will do more research on Monday.

View PostThiger81, on 28 September 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:

Have a problem...Some Newbie said he could report me for auto aim...but I`m not using auto aim so if I get reported for no reason what so ever how can I convince the people behind this game that I´m not using it ??.
I don`t want to get banned for no reason.
Hope to hear from wargaming about this
No worries. Nobody will ban you for server game mechanics.
There is HUGE difference in what called "auto-aim" cheat in shooters and implementation of shooting mechanics in WoWp.
1. It works same for all players that use same plane. (most important)
2. Skill still matter - with more correct aim you get much more hits.
3. It only really helps a bit, and only really helps for targets flying straight forward.

Edited by Ivan_Kulbich, 28 September 2013 - 11:19 AM.


E1nzelK1nd #204 Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 778
  • Member since:
    08-31-2012
well with this patch the destroyed the game to me.

flyin is no fun anymore.

sig_E1nzelK1nd.jpg

 

 


F0lterknecht #205 Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:07 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 23
  • [S-B_T] S-B_T
  • Member since:
    06-12-2013
@WG-Staff:
Do you even notice what BS you re writing here? This like WoT is a PvP game, it should be all about skill and correct aiming is one of the main skills in a flight game. But like in WoT (1% tanks, +/- 25% RNG, premium rounds for credits) your going after morons and window lickers trying to make them happy. Thats why no one will ever take you serious in the eSport world.
In PvP its all about who is better, me or my opponent. What sense is there in PvP if the systems is rigged toward the noobs?

Edited by F0lterknecht, 28 September 2013 - 12:42 PM.


AnuSuaraj #206 Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:20 PM

    He Who Knows all the Hacks...

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 3,244
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
  • Member since:
    02-03-2012

View PostIvan_Kulbich, on 28 September 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

There is HUGE difference in what called "auto-aim" cheat in shooters and implementation of shooting mechanics in WoWp.
1. It works same for all players that use same plane. (most important)
2. Skill still matter - with more correct aim you get much more hits.
3. It only really helps a bit, and only really helps for targets flying straight forward.

Yes we all liked the old aiming mechanics...can we havez it back pls?

Death From Above Member

 


Thiger81 #207 Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 2
  • [SV3] SV3
  • Member since:
    12-15-2012

View PostIvan_Kulbich, on 28 September 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

View PostCrzyAzn, on 27 September 2013 - 11:37 PM, said:

Ok, I play NA side, but here is a video that I modded the Tracer Trails to red to really show how much of the bullets are being Auto Assisted.

From what I see, the Auto Aim starts tracking to the center of the Ground Target even outside of the 12.7mm range even though it does not registers a hit. Which you will see that I started shooting the 12.7mm on the P-40 at 1700 meters and it was auto tracking at the Ground Target. Also it seems that it stops tracking to the center of the Ground Target around 300 meters.
I also notice that you do not have to have a Target lock on a target for it to Auto Track, which you can see that I have a different target locked in my Target Camera then the Ground Target that I am shooting at.
Thank you for this video!
If now Autoaim works on that distances, it is definetly a bug. Will do more research on Monday.

View PostThiger81, on 28 September 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:

Have a problem...Some Newbie said he could report me for auto aim...but I`m not using auto aim so if I get reported for no reason what so ever how can I convince the people behind this game that I´m not using it ??.
I don`t want to get banned for no reason.
Hope to hear from wargaming about this
No worries. Nobody will ban you for server game mechanics.
There is HUGE difference in what called "auto-aim" cheat in shooters and implementation of shooting mechanics in WoWp.
1. It works same for all players that use same plane. (most important)
2. Skill still matter - with more correct aim you get much more hits.
3. It only really helps a bit, and only really helps for targets flying straight forward.

Thank`s alot for the answer :) but I wonder why do some people have this ?...I don`t have it. I have try`d to do as the videos above shows but if I miss, I miss, the gun`s shoots where I aim.

Pkzm62 #208 Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:04 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 368
  • [FR_IL] FR_IL
  • Member since:
    03-03-2012

View PostE1nzelK1nd, on 28 September 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

well with this patch the destroyed the game to me.

flyin is no fun anymore.

+1

also very bad update for me !

                             


Perzel #209 Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 244
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
It seems to me as if the "autoaim" bug works for machineguns only.

SuperBeule #210 Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 67
  • Member since:
    09-03-2012
Imagine British wingmounted MG´s without autoaim - they wouldnt be half as good.
I think thats one of the major points my WG introduced autoaim.To be honest i dont believe that this is a bug.
Death from Above Member

darksithbenni #211 Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:33 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 117 battles
  • 79
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
No to autoaim

Stabu #212 Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Alpha Tester
  • 29 battles
  • 55
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostPerzel, on 28 September 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

It seems to me as if the "autoaim" bug works for machineguns only.

nope, works with 262 as well.

AnuSuaraj #213 Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

    He Who Knows all the Hacks...

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 3,244
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
  • Member since:
    02-03-2012
Aimbot seems to work best with low velocity guns...

Death From Above Member

 


E1nzelK1nd #214 Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 778
  • Member since:
    08-31-2012
its so sad. game was great before the patch. now it just sucks.
glad that bf4 demo is coming on tuesday.

sig_E1nzelK1nd.jpg

 

 


CrzyAzn #215 Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 35
  • Member since:
    06-20-2012

View PostStabu, on 28 September 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:

View PostPerzel, on 28 September 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

It seems to me as if the "autoaim" bug works for machineguns only.

nope, works with 262 as well.

Correct Stabu, here is my video with a 209A, using 30mm only then using 20mm.  The only difference I see is that the higher calibers stops tracking around 800-900 meters compared to the 12.7 mm on the P-40 around 300-400 meters.



Gimmefrag #216 Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 7
  • [R-K-S] R-K-S
  • Member since:
    09-06-2012
Devs, if you find source of that so called bug, is it possible to release hotfix asap? Normal next patch is probably comming with end of open beta, but flying like this is annoying. Even if i'm doing wild maneuvers i got shoot instantly, it's like playing against aimbot.

chrischan74 #217 Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 327 battles
  • 108
  • Member since:
    12-01-2012
I only can say to this!
........ (words that you can't match in here)
Never before would shoot done in my Il2(t) before and this several times .... there is no skill to do this so fast and belive me i know what i say about that
And with the blenheim i shoot down in two games planes that i can't belive ... awful to play like this
...
One more time ... this is not skill this is shit ...Before the patch was a skill but now you skill out every fun

Best IL2 (t) Pilot ever!


shot_001.jpg


CoreCapator #218 Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha Tester
  • 3 battles
  • 448
  • Member since:
    03-02-2012
I expect a lot of downvotes on my opinion, mostly because the "pro players" will no longer be the only ones capable of getting decent amount of kills, and those with bad connection will finally be able to hit something that's not a ground target.
I support this feature, mainly because I consider people with very bad connections that would otherwise be, incapable of playing this game. Even with good ping there is the still present "Input lag" that shouldn't be here. This helps balance that out so even if you Lag, you will still get to hit something.
TL;DR This feature should be for those with high ping, slow connections.
P.S. I have a 4 Mbit connection and even with 52ms, Plane takes 0.3 seconds to turn after I press a key. Also, to further explain, this is the "Best" option avaliable in my country that has a "Reasonable" price of 30 euros a month, whilist 10 Mbit connection requires you to sacrifice a goat every month.

Edited by CoreCapator, 28 September 2013 - 04:23 PM.


Agduros #219 Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Alpha Tester
  • 22 battles
  • 5
  • [HACKR] HACKR
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
WG WAKE UP!

Your money comes from serious gamers, not the 6 year olds that need this kind of thing to stay in the game! Now you are pissing on every serious gamer and they are moving to the other flight game.. Remove this before it is too late!

AnuSuaraj #220 Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

    He Who Knows all the Hacks...

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 3,244
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
  • Member since:
    02-03-2012

View PostCoreCapator, on 28 September 2013 - 04:07 PM, said:

I expect a lot of downvotes on my opinion, mostly because the "pro players" will no longer be the only ones capable of getting decent amount of kills, and those with bad connection will finally be able to hit something that's not a ground target.

I support this feature, mainly because I consider people with very bad connections that would otherwise be, incapable of playing this game. Even with good ping there is the still present "Input lag" that shouldn't be here. This helps balance that out so even if you Lag, you will still get to hit something.

P.S. I have a 4 Mbit connection and even with 52ms, Plane takes 0.3 seconds to turn after I press a key. Also, to further explain, this is the "Best" option avaliable in my country that has a "Reasonable" price of 30 euros a month, whilist 10 Mbit connection requires you to sacrifice a goat every month.

I will not downvote you but instead logically explain why you are totally wrong...

No.1 it has already been determined that the new aimbot feature is not a feature but most likely a bug.

Secondly, I don't see how aimbot levels out the playing field for players with ping issues. I am one of those players since I believe I originate from the same country as you. I also get ping and other ping related issues (guns firing on their own or not firing at all, my camera angle switching about on its own etc..) and still manage to shoot planes down occassionally.

I mean it's a flight game where planes change direction rapidly so I really don't think you're gonna hit more even with aimbot.

In any case I have not heard of any MMO game in existance that provides players with aimbots in order to help with ping issues.

And frankly, I think the idea itself is quite silly.

Death From Above Member

 






Also tagged with wg, has, ruined, wowp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users