• This topic is locked This topic is locked
772 replies to this topic

LadyKurai #221 Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 0 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
Spoiler                     

I have 3 mbit and everything works out fine.
Correction -> Worked.

"Aww Lady rammed me...

That was the best hug I ever had"

CoreCapator #222 Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 3 battles

View PostAnuSuaraj, on 28 September 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

View PostCoreCapator, on 28 September 2013 - 04:07 PM, said:

I expect a lot of downvotes on my opinion, mostly because the "pro players" will no longer be the only ones capable of getting decent amount of kills, and those with bad connection will finally be able to hit something that's not a ground target.
I support this feature, mainly because I consider people with very bad connections that would otherwise be, incapable of playing this game. Even with good ping there is the still present "Input lag" that shouldn't be here. This helps balance that out so even if you Lag, you will still get to hit something.
P.S. I have a 4 Mbit connection and even with 52ms, Plane takes 0.3 seconds to turn after I press a key. Also, to further explain, this is the "Best" option avaliable in my country that has a "Reasonable" price of 30 euros a month, whilist 10 Mbit connection requires you to sacrifice a goat every month.
I will not downvote you but instead logically explain why you are totally wrong...
No.1 it has already been determined that the new aimbot feature is not a feature but most likely a bug.
Secondly, I don't see how aimbot levels out the playing field for players with ping issues. I am one of those players since I believe I originate from the same country as you. I also get ping and other ping related issues (guns firing on their own or not firing at all, my camera angle switching about on its own etc..) and still manage to shoot planes down occassionally.
I mean it's a flight game where planes change direction rapidly so I really don't think you're gonna hit more even with aimbot.
In any case I have not heard of any MMO game in existance that provides players with aimbots in order to help with ping issues.
And frankly, I think the idea itself is quite silly.
So what are you suggesting then? Those with expensive dollar equipment should always be on the top just because they PAID for most precise equipment and connection speed? You can find auto-aim in most online fps shooters, though it activates if you get a ping of 300 and up. Why? Because it is a necessity. Otherwise you would never hit anyone at all. Even if this is a bug and it gets fixed soon, do we really need to always see  "SuperProPilot11" getting over 10 air kills in a single battle just because he has fast connection and good equipment?
And again, I really don't care about downvotes. They're just numbers that have zero meaning to me. Forums are for discussions of sharing opinion, and that is exactly what I am doing.

View PostLadyKurai, on 28 September 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

Correction -> Worked.
Shared between 3 other computers?

Edited by CoreCapator, 28 September 2013 - 04:35 PM.

jeff_peters #223 Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

Wicked

• Conquest Member
  • 328 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostCoreCapator, on 28 September 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

So what are you suggesting then? Those with expensive dollar equipment should always be on the top just because they PAID for most precise equipment and connection speed? You can find auto-aim in most online fps shooters, though it activates if you get a ping of 300 and up. Why? Because it is a necessity. Otherwise you would never hit anyone at all. Even if this is a bug and it gets fixed soon, do we really need to always see  "SuperProPilot11" getting over 10 air kills in a single battle just because he has fast connection and good equipment?
And again, I really don't care about downvotes. They're just numbers that have zero meaning to me. Forums are for discussions of sharing opinion, and that is exactly what I am doing.

View PostLadyKurai, on 28 September 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

Correction -> Worked.
Shared between 3 other computers?

Glorious ideas Comrade! Those running this game on pocket calculators should get the I WIN button to make them competitive. The speed of all cars should be topped at 40Km/h so that those who can only afford bike would not be jealous of car's superior speed. And those who have the mental capacities to get better at competitive PC games should only be allowed to play with one hand. Let's just hope that when we implement these ideas, our countries will not run out of toilet paper.  :sceptic:

DfA cannon fodder

Lightbaron #224 Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 41 battles

I expect a lot of downvotes on my opinion, mostly because the "pro players" will no longer be the only ones capable of getting decent amount of kills, and those with bad connection will finally be able to hit something that's not a ground target.
I support this feature, mainly because I consider people with very bad connections that would otherwise be, incapable of playing this game. Even with good ping there is the still present "Input lag" that shouldn't be here. This helps balance that out so even if you Lag, you will still get to hit something.
TL;DR This feature should be for those with high ping, slow connections.
P.S. I have a 4 Mbit connection and even with 52ms, Plane takes 0.3 seconds to turn after I press a key. Also, to further explain, this is the "Best" option avaliable in my country that has a "Reasonable" price of 30 euros a month, whilist 10 Mbit connection requires you to sacrifice a goat every month.

I am a good pilot, not the best, but a good one.
The problem for me is, that every noob can destroy my IL's within 4 seconds. Now think about a plane with only 1/4 of an ILs health...
It is impossible to survive for long time with them, especially heavies. Most matches I had until now were either 15 to 5 for the one team ore 15 to 5 for the other team. Only 5% are equal matches at the moment. That can't be it.
Like I said I am a good pilot and I want to get better, but tell me how to get better if i cant even get better because of such stupid things like aimbots.
I cant train to avoid, because I get hits all the time and I can't train aim, because I hit all the time.
That is not fun anymore. Thats bullshit.
I really hope there will be a fast bugfix so we can play like before 0.5.3.

Fajtl #225 Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 0 battles
It would be interesting to play a build of this game that does not have ANY aiming helper whatsoever. What we would need is gun convergence settings though.

_Grim_ #226 Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:29 PM

Official Reaper

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
This is just  :facepalm: .

I expect a lot of downvotes on my opinion,

You expected right  :sceptic: .

mostly because the "pro players" will no longer be the only ones capable of getting decent amount of kills, and those with bad connection will finally be able to hit something that's not a ground target.

So...would you be so kind as to explain the correlation between "pro players" getting kill and ping.Cause I fail to notice it.

Now if your connection is that bad,why are you even trying to play an MMO game ? It is like complaining that you are getting low fps in a game where your system doesn't meet the minimum requirements :facepalm: .If your connection is that bad,there is always the great word of singleplayer games.

TL;DR This feature should be for those with high ping, slow connections.

So...by leveling out he field you want to effectively add cheat mode into the game.Do I need to explain why this is just silly?How can literally an aim bot be be a feature in a competitive online game.While we are at it,why don't we just add an auto-fly option cause you know...flying is also too hard :facepalm: .

P.S. I have a 4 Mbit connection and even with 52ms, Plane takes 0.3 seconds to turn after I press a key.

Boohoo,I am playing with a constant ping of 75-80 being on the outskirts of the EU-do you see my complain and whine about it?Ping is something you just have to live with in an MMO game.Not to mention WoWp is easily playable with up to 150 ping.How do I know that?Well,I've actually played with such ping with my previous slow uni connection.The ping didn't stop me from being one of the better players here,neither made me complain about me being at a disadvantage.
...................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................Death from Above Reaper and Magister

JohnQuincyAdams #227 Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles

View PostAgduros, on 28 September 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

WG WAKE UP!

Your money comes from serious gamers, not the 6 year olds that need this kind of thing to stay in the game! Now you are pissing on every serious gamer and they are moving to the other flight game.

How mature. You surely sound like a grown up and serious gamer with statements like these... :sceptic:

Cyberjag #228 Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
Enough of the kiddie chat.  The wonderful thing about getting this game off Steam is that Steam also offers alternatives...and BOY have I found the perfect alternative.  I won't mention it here other than to say the name is similar.

I remember, in a galaxy far far away, another company called SOE that learnt from it's "NGE" mistake by dumbing down a perfectly good game.  They lost the Star Wars franchise and the game shut down because they didn't listen to (or care about) their subscribers' opinions.

I'm not saying WG is doing the same but, as with the aforementioned game, the only vote they care about is when you vote with your feet....and the walk isn't that far! :)

CJ

King_ExtincE #229 Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

You mad brah?

• Conquest Member
  • 156 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
He may not sound like one but he is correct. They've already lost a couple of thousands on pre-orders by people getting sick of all the skill-elements-removal and therefore losing faith in this game and its competitive future which is almost down to non existent by now.

Fajtl #230 Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 0 battles
@CJ: How long would you reckon can you milk it? WG guy confirmed its a bug, not intentional dumb-down. Yet you are still pathethic about it.

Edited by Fajtl, 28 September 2013 - 06:14 PM.

AnuSuaraj #231 Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

He Who Knows all the Hacks...

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View Postjeff_peters, on 28 September 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

Glorious ideas Comrade! Those running this game on pocket calculators should get the I WIN button to make them competitive. The speed of all cars should be topped at 40Km/h so that those who can only afford bike would not be jealous of car's superior speed. And those who have the mental capacities to get better at competitive PC games should only be allowed to play with one hand. Let's just hope that when we implement these ideas, our countries will not run out of toilet paper.  :sceptic:

This is the post I wanted to make but couldn't due to not being smart enough.

It sums up everything quite nicely.

Death From Above Member

Bigglesof206 #232 Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles
  • [DAFT] DAFT

It would be interesting to play a build of this game that does not have ANY aiming helper whatsoever. What we would need is gun convergence settings though.

This, from Fajtl, is spot on imo,
I would love to have realistic firing and the ability to set my gun harmonisation to my own choice of range.

FWIW - played my 146 earlier, all I had to do was fire approximately in the direction of enemy aircraft to hit them - it was painfully obvious that I was hitting people I ought to be missing with 99/100 shells. Now that might be fun for the shooter, but it also means that enemy aircraft hit me when they should not - I am not the first person to note that furballs are now raffles, and the average battle is decided in 2 minutes because skill - even my limited level of skill - is being totally negated.

Did the Russians genuinely not notice this? I will persevere, as I am moderately sure that WG will fix this abortion - I would suggest WG sack whoever is running quality control on their code though, 'cos this is simply embarrassing.

Dave

Leirix #233 Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 222 battles
Is there a special reason, why i cant get to the beginning of this thread? when i click double arrow i get to page 1 for a second, thatn 3 autoloads and then 5. I suppose, thats the same Problem as this lunatic update 5.3!

And next! When i write in the english Forum i dont Need a german grammatic corrector! This Forum is a bit clumsy, it seems.
Ego sum magistratus et supra ortographiam! :)

Werewolve #234 Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [KSKG] KSKG
Well, well, well THAT explains why i suddenly get shot down by every noob getting in gun Range :p

I was already wondering a LOT times what the hell killed me nearly instantly without seeing an enemy.

Hope  They will fix this bug very soon cause it is really annoying o0

quetzatli #235 Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:10 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
+1 this patch reduce pleasure to fly in wowp.

Slauter #236 Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
Big planes can't avoid any bullet now.  :angry:

This is also great, came with this patch.

Posted Image

professional stat-padder 101% WR 8888 kills / death 

always in a platoon of OP planes 
died once when my internet connection crashed
obviously best player ever be very afraid

mmmbeer #237 Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 5 battles
Without that video evidence the "tin-foil hat" committee would be deeming you crazy by now.

Shots going out of they're way to hit the marked target is way too arcade; remove please!

F0lterknecht #238 Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:32 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
  • [S-B_T] S-B_T
@CoreCapator:

Your talking out of your ass and using your internet connection as excuse for your piss poor performance.

I m playing WoWP and WoT with 50 kb/s down and 9 Kb/s up resulting in and 90 - 100ms ping. Guess what? In both games I can perform near the top of the food chain, if I want.

Agduros #239 Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

Airman Basic

• Alpha Tester
  • 22 battles
  • [HACKR] HACKR

View PostiLabello, on 28 September 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

View PostAgduros, on 28 September 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

WG WAKE UP!

Your money comes from serious gamers, not the 6 year olds that need this kind of thing to stay in the game! Now you are pissing on every serious gamer and they are moving to the other flight game.

How mature. You surely sound like a grown up and serious gamer with statements like these... :sceptic:

It does not matter what I sound like or how good a player am I. I just came back to this game a few days over a  week ago because of terrible  crash issues I had earlier. Started learning to play when it finally worked fine and had no problems. Then they ruined my new love with the new patch. Crash issues came back and the auto-aim ruined all the fun even when everything was working "fine".

Did u miss the point there or are u one of those 6 year old yourself, needing the aim assist? I am willing to learn to play, IF it is something worth learning to.
If it is something that every window-licker can get in a couple of hours, with that aim-assist, I got better things to do.

And that is not even the point here.

If WG is willing to listen to the window-lickers, I am more than happy to sound like one in a couple of forum posts, if that is what it takes to make them listen. A great game close to breaking through could go to waste if people dont open their mouth NOW.

This can be a great game, if the target audience is not my dog or the 6 year old kids that cant hold the stick or a mouse. Challenge is the thing that makes it interesting.

K_A #240 Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

Senior Airman

• 59 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
So the auto-aim is a bug? I just got a big glimpse of it while gunning down a ground target. No matter how hard I tried to aim at the left-hand silo the bullets all went right smack in the middle of the complex. I had to aim WAY off to get the bullets to deviate. I think it only happens when you're locked onto the target, though.
Look mom, I'm flying! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....

Also tagged with wg, has, ruined, wowp

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users