Flying as a beta tester here is a few thoughts about clouds and smoke and visibility.
1. I dont know if it is possble but plane flying through cloud or smoke should generate some sort of movement in the matter - circles seen on many pictures like the one below from propellers or jet engines. Right now nothing happens to the smoke or cloud when you flythrough.
2. You should be able to "hide" in a cloud of smoke or a general cloud formation.
Right now its way to easy for players to see your plane. Everyone just pops up on your radar with hp distance etc.
3. Clouds or smoke - create a map where clouds are heavy with some sparse openings - like a maze or perhaps even a "cloud front" that planes have to cross to get to enemy base with a large visibility above it on some high alititude and little or none in ground below 80m or something.
4. We could use a "sixth sense" skill on pilots to know if we are visible and detected or not like the one in WOT.
5. Ground targets should be "randomized" and "detectable" for each battle.
6. Last but not least and offtopic - give us rear gunner control so we can shoot back properly:)
Edited by UgaDaBuga, 23 October 2013 - 12:19 PM.