Clouds and Smoke, visibility

flythrough sixthsense mazes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

UgaDaBuga #1 Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
Hi
Flying as a beta tester here is a few thoughts about clouds and smoke and visibility.
1. I dont know if it is possble but plane flying through cloud or smoke should generate some sort of movement in the matter - circles seen on many pictures like the one below from propellers or jet engines. Right now nothing happens to the smoke or cloud when you flythrough.
http://i.dailymail.c...963_964x601.jpg
2. You should be able to "hide" in a cloud of smoke or a general cloud formation.
Right now its way to easy for players to see your plane. Everyone just pops up on your radar with hp distance etc.
3. Clouds or smoke - create a map where clouds are heavy with some sparse openings - like a maze or perhaps even a "cloud front" that planes have to cross to get to enemy base with a large visibility above it on some high alititude and little or none in ground below 80m or something.
http://www.epa.gov/g...torm_front7.jpg
4. We could use a "sixth sense" skill on pilots to know if we are visible and detected or not like the one in WOT.
5. Ground targets should be "randomized" and "detectable" for each battle.
6. Last but not least and offtopic - give us rear gunner control so we can shoot back properly:)
UgaDaBuga

Edited by UgaDaBuga, 23 October 2013 - 12:19 PM.

Shepbur #2 Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 6012 battles
All great ideas, but i think it might make the game too hard for the newbs who come on,

as for the rear gunner control, personally i like not having to control him and let him shoot randomly - i like to concentrate on where i'm flying and not trying to look behind me and shoot

Stuff like cloud disruption would be great! but very very difficult to code in... that or some kind of prevailing wind so you can head faster in one direction than the other on the map, they'd all be great features... but i don't know how realistic the ideas are... As for images... the best one i've ever seen is from wikipedia of a c-17 flying through some smoke flares... it looks like a Chinese dragon on crack o.o
Spoiler                     

It doesn't take skill to fly, it takes skill to not make mistakes.

Kazadar #3 Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 628 battles
2) Clouds does hide you. Only not aswell as you might think. They are like bushes in WoT and only grant a camo bonus not invisibility.

Hanszeehock #4 Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

First Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 10594 battles

View PostKazadar, on 23 October 2013 - 04:31 PM, said:

2) Clouds does hide you. Only not aswell as you might think. They are like bushes in WoT and only grant a camo bonus not invisibility.

This is especially true on the Asian Border map were sometimes you cant see a thing !!!!

traXD #5 Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1880 battles
Like the idea of asian borders, but it drops framerate quite a bit for many because of all the clouds.. Can't they optimalize the cloud/fog code? would be nice.

kblack #6 Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Just play the other game and you will get most of that.

Kazadar #7 Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 628 battles

View PosttraXD, on 23 October 2013 - 05:54 PM, said:

Like the idea of asian borders, but it drops framerate quite a bit for many because of all the clouds.. Can't they optimalize the cloud/fog code? would be nice.
What gfx card are your using? My old card didnt have any problems.

traXD #8 Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1880 battles
mmm, could be my laptop setup, still generating that much heat id reckon. Having a gtx580m in it, Have cleaned the airvents and heatsinks recently. still need to put cloud/fog on medium or else it wont be the most fluid. Few of my friends though have more trouble with it getting like 6-10 fps with their desktop. Dont know much about their setup. One has updated his card and motherboard some months ago with some used parts that should still be good to go for games of the moment. The other has a setup of 2 years ago. Meh no good info..

Koernaad #9 Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 787 battles

View Postkblack, on 23 October 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

No, thanks, I'm not into ww2 plane shaped spaceships.

Hanszeehock #10 Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

First Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 10594 battles

View PosttraXD, on 23 October 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

mmm, could be my laptop setup, still generating that much heat id reckon. Having a gtx580m in it, Have cleaned the airvents and heatsinks recently. still need to put cloud/fog on medium or else it wont be the most fluid. Few of my friends though have more trouble with it getting like 6-10 fps with their desktop. Dont know much about their setup. One has updated his card and motherboard some months ago with some used parts that should still be good to go for games of the moment. The other has a setup of 2 years ago. Meh no good info..

My son had the over heating laptop problem. He used a usb powered laptop cooling pad, which worked well.

kblack #11 Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:43 AM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
For sure you play other game than I spoke about.

Shepbur #12 Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 6012 battles

View PosttraXD, on 23 October 2013 - 05:54 PM, said:

It's ALOT better now framerate wise than it was a couple of months ago, now, for my computer at least, it's eastern front which is the killer, but they've managed to improve it quite a bit in 5.3.3 with the removal of some of the smoke

It doesn't take skill to fly, it takes skill to not make mistakes.

Technocrat_Prime #13 Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 2103 battles

View Postkblack, on 23 October 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

Yes, and moonless night missions in radar-less planes flying through mountains too. I think the developers of the other game are totally nuts, but maybe that's just me...

NON NOBIS DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED NOMINI TUO DA GLORIAM