100 replies to this topic

AnuSuaraj #1 Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:39 PM

He Who Knows all the Hacks...

• Beta Tester
  • 3329 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

POPULAR

Greetings fellow testers,

I address you with a heavy heart for I am leaving World of Warplanes most likely for good...

I simply find no joy or fun in the game anymore and I have only played it for the tokens during most of OBT...

All the joy was lost (for me) with the 4.0. update and whilst consequent updates have certainly made the game more playable they have failed to restore WoWP's former glory.

To add insult to injury WG's inability to properly balance the game has further decreased the fun.

Most insulting is WG's stubborn attitude of insistance on assigning aircraft performance in accordance to nations instead of individual aircraft's actual historical values.

This is highly confusing to me since they have done exactly the opposite in WoT. In WoT tanks are (sometimes loosly but still) based on their real life counterparts meaning they have the same strengths and weaknesses they had in real life which are then of course further balanced within the scope of the game and its tier based system.

In WoWP however, planes have nothing to do with their real life counterparts and are balanced according to the tree they've been forced in. Perfect example of this is the P-51A, a low altitude aircraft in RL because of the limitations of its engine, is in WoWP the finest high altitude fighter on tier 6.

This makes very little sense to me. And yes, while this may look just like one small detail, there are many such annoying instances which when put together make up a poor and unfulfilling game.

The biggest issues for me still remain as follows:

1. Game mechanics which strongly favor tedious Boom and Zoom combat

2. Massive imbalance between aircraft branches

3. Illogical aircraft performance

4. The gaping flaws in the Supremacy mode of battles that allow afkers/bots or little dweebs to win battles by hiding

5. Aimbot, sideslip and other AI components of the game that try to forcefully compress the skill gap

6. The clear irrelevance of GA aircraft.

7. Damage ratios that are out of control and that result in 2 minute battles

8. Performance issues and bugs

This, along with lots of other smaller issues have snowballed into a very weak product IMHO, one that is no longer worthy of my time and effort.

With that said, I harbor no ill will toward anyone. So to all the players that still find enjoyment in this game I wish that they continue to do so.

I will be focused more on WoT in the future, and when I need a break from that game, I'll probably play some War Thunder or Star Conflict - games that aren't as fun as WoT or as WoWP used to be in early Beta, but are certainly more fun than WoWP in its current state.

I will also be suspending my activity in the WoWP forums as well as I am unable to bare this new onslaught of cry babies and whiners AKA the same unskilled players you could find on WoT forums ranting about arty being OP (who are now ranting that TDs are OP).

I just can't stand to be invaded by the putrid posts of these incessant whiners anymore.

So good luck to you all.

Because God knows, on release day, you are all really going to need it.

Farewell.

Anu.

Death From Above Member

Eviscerador #2 Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

DAKKA!!! DAKKA!!! DAKKA!!!

• Beta Tester
  • 101 battles
  • [D3V1L] D3V1L
See you in space!!

_Grim_ #3 Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

Official Reaper

• Beta Tester
  • 1341 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
A sad sad day  :sad: ...
...................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................Death from Above Reaper and Magister

greyeryn #4 Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

Senior Airman

• 1323 battles
The best sex you can possibly have with your girlfriend is after a very intensive argument.
See you in two weeks  :glasses: .

Deamon93 #5 Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:05 PM

First Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 438 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS
Another sad day for the old community. What you said is right although many don't care about the issues. I hope you will enjoy yourself playing other games :)

By the way if we encounter each other in WoT i would like a gentlemen's agreement :trollface:

Death from Above member

"Memento mori" roman saying

Greyshark #6 Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:16 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 12871 battles
  • [JFA] JFA
Please reconsider, WoWp can't lose one of the most valuable player and community member...

What if I get you bonus code for the thing we were talking yesterday? You know, BJotPSoYC?

FTR gems: "In WoT gameplay, you can pretty much go and at least deal some damage, make yourself be known, fight and earn your kills and skills. In WoWp, its all RNG, your ping dictates if a shower of bullets hits or not."

" The companion AI autoaim is a mess, 80% of the time you are on a bomber, you’ll miss the target"

KidlerMD #7 Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

Senior Airman

• 3 battles
Amen, what more can be added? I lost hope and patience a few months earlier than you. See you in WT.
person formerly known as paVIan0110

SuperBeule #8 Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1278 battles
Yeah its a sad day for the community many experienced players and TESTERS share your opinion (including me :P). Your post brings it to the point i couldnt be said better. I hope we will still see you on teamspeak from time to time.
Death from Above Member

KurtVonSteiger #9 Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 4952 battles
We shall miss you - hopefully you will revisit in a future time when perhaps a few patches will have changed things for the better!  :sad:

Edited by KurtVonSteiger, 04 November 2013 - 02:25 PM.

Galland replied ''I would like an outfit of Spitfires for my squadron''

AnuSuaraj #10 Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:28 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 3329 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View Post_Grim_, on 04 November 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

A sad sad day  :sad: ...

Don't worry Grims, we can still own peeps in Tanks.

View PostDeamon93, on 04 November 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

By the way if we encounter each other in WoT i would like a gentlemen's agreement :trollface:

I......am......not.......a.......gentleman.

View PostGreyshark, on 04 November 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

What if I get you bonus code for the thing we were talking yesterday? You know, BJotPSoYC?

Well, if you get that code...or at least the Beata part of the code...I might....reconsider.

View PostKidlerMD, on 04 November 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

Amen, what more can be added? I lost hope and patience a few months earlier than you. See you in WT.

Hey I-R-Babboon-man. My WT name is the same so give me a twirl every now and again. Although keep in mind I play arcade mode with the super wobbly joystick in cockpit view so it'll be like playing with your clumsy and awkward cousin.

View PostSuperBeule, on 04 November 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

I hope we will still see you on teamspeak from time to time.

You can still find my on TS...World of tanks channel.  :glasses:

See ya guys.

Death From Above Member

n0_f4k3 #11 Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 21725 battles
  • [JFA] JFA
Anu,good luck to all things your going to do!
And best wishes from my side!
I hope WG will patch this game in the right way,so maybe i will see you again in the air!
Bye Bye mate! :ohmy:

It's not about
Win or lose
Because we all lose
When they feed on the souls of the innocent
Blood-drenched pavement
Keep on moving though the waters stay raging

Deamon93 #12 Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

First Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 438 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS
Well i don't think i will play WoT so you don't risk that request :)

Death from Above member

"Memento mori" roman saying

irondarren #13 Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 703 battles
no doubt in forth coming updates things will change.
As for the planes not being what they should be historically well some planes where just OP in real life. Spitfire could out turn almost anything and the mossie was the fastest thing going. if historically correct then the spitfire would be untouchable "more or less" at tier 5 and the mossie would out run every other tier 6 plane by far. Would make the game rather boring as you would grind a countries given tech tree just to get one or two planes that in real life were outstanding pieces of aviation history. Had the game of gone earlier in aviation history to ww1 the early German aircraft outclassed almost all allied planes.
To my knowledge of aircraft performance, the heights have been adjusted dramatically. a mk2 spitfire can reach from sea level to 30,000 ft in 10 mins
http://www.spitfirep...pitfire-II.html
bet you cant do that here, i also believe the best height for the spit fire is around 13,000 ft not the 5,000 ft as set in the game. So its historically inaccurate
chances are WG decided to lower all the heights or you would end up with far to many cubic miles of space to hide in, thus it would be very easy to "avoid" combat and to many battles would end in a draw. Historically is wrong its just plain wrong, its outrageously wrong. in terms of fitting a battle into a 15 min slot is close to being right, but perhaps not perfect
edit: http://www.spitfirep...m/spittest.html worth a lock at contains other performance figures for other planes

Edited by irondarren, 04 November 2013 - 02:35 PM.

MXDoener #14 Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

Crackin´ Sidewalks since 2012

• Alpha Tester
  • 1280 battles
Oh my.... SO many good pilots are elaving the game. And for every good man we lose, we get 100 morons more, wiggling with their cash and want to buy all premium Planes and what not...

It´s a shame that WG only wants peoples cash and not that they enjoy their game...

All your points are valid and very sad, indeed!

I wish you the best of luck, and I still haven´t forget the promise I made you, currently I am deciding, which "flavour" I will send you :)

You and your epic comments will be very very missed, Bro :/

See you on TS and to end this post on a fashion like you did:

Gracias!

:sad:

WG...fixing stuff that isn´t broken since 2011! :trollface:

AnuSuaraj #15 Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:42 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 3329 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View Postirondarren, on 04 November 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

no doubt in forth coming updates things will change.

As for the planes not being what they should be historically well some planes where just OP in real life. Spitfire could out turn almost anything and the mossie was the fastest thing going. if historically correct then the spitfire would be untouchable "more or less" at tier 5 and the mossie would out run every other tier 6 plane by far. Would make the game rather boring as you would grind a countries given tech tree just to get one or two planes that in real life were outstanding pieces of aviation history. Had the game of gone earlier in aviation history to ww1 the early German aircraft outclassed almost all allied planes.
To my knowledge of aircraft performance, the heights have been adjusted dramatically. a mk2 spitfire can reach from sea level to 30,000 ft in 10 mins
http://www.spitfirep...pitfire-II.html
bet you cant do that here, i also believe the best height for the spit fire is around 13,000 ft not the 5,000 ft as set in the game. So its historically inaccurate

chances are WG decided to lower all the heights or you would end up with far to many cubic miles of space to hide in, thus it would be very easy to "avoid" combat and to many battles would end in a draw. Historically is wrong its just plain wrong, its outrageously wrong. in terms of fitting a battle into a 15 min slot is close to being right, but perhaps not perfect

Dear friend, you seemed to have misunderstood me.

Nowhere did I say that planes should have the same performance in WoWP that they had in RL but merely that the arcade model of a balanced plane should reflect some specific charateristics of its real life counterpart.

For example in WoT the tier five T-34 has weak hull armor but solid turret armor similar to it's real life counterpart the actual RL T-34. It also has a less accurate 75mm cannon than its German counterparts. This is also similar to the real life conditions and therefore helps immersion, meaning it makes the player believe he is really driving an actual T-34.

So this means that you can base tanks/planes on their RL models and than of course balance that model so it isn't UP or OP within the scope of an arcade game.

Now, if on the other hand WG had made the T-34 in their game nothing like the real T-34, meaning they gave it 200mm of hull armor and a 105mm gun placing it somewhere on tier 9...well than most players wouldn't buy the concept of the game...so you need to at least loosly base any WW2 game, arcade or not, on reality.

But like I said, this is just a small part of the issues at hand and is nowhere close to being the reason of my departure from the game.

Cheers.

Death From Above Member

irondarren #16 Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 703 battles

View PostMXDoener, on 04 November 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

It´s a shame that WG only wants peoples cash and not that they enjoy their game...

This wont go down well but here is the horrid truth, peoples enjoyment wont pay the people at WG wages and put food on there plates, its peoples hard earned cash that they spend on the game buying those "evil" premium planes and that "evil" premium ammunition.
For WG the balances has to be creating an enjoyable game that people are willing to pay real money for.

I know that is not going to go down well with some of you but is the society we live in, if you want something you have to pay for it and that normally means you have to work to earn it

Eviscerador #17 Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:54 PM

DAKKA!!! DAKKA!!! DAKKA!!!

• Beta Tester
  • 101 battles
  • [D3V1L] D3V1L

View Postirondarren, on 04 November 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

View PostMXDoener, on 04 November 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

This wont go down well but here is the horrid truth, peoples enjoyment wont pay the people at WG wages and put food on there plates, its peoples hard earned cash that they spend on the game buying those "evil" premium planes and that "evil" premium ammunition.
For WG the balances has to be creating an enjoyable game that people are willing to pay real money for.

I know that is not going to go down well with some of you but is the society we live in, if you want something you have to pay for it and that normally means you have to work to earn it
What he said is that we wanted a game model like WoT, where you can have skill based, arcade game with realistic, historical vehicles and performance.

I'm spending money in WoT, and I was thinking about doing the same in WoWp... but not with the current status of the game.

It is unbelivable that 2 weeks from the official launch, there are still a lot of players experiencing HEAVY performance and optimization issues.

But hey, they introduced british planes!!

irondarren #18 Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 703 battles

View PostAnuSuaraj, on 04 November 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

Dear friend, you seemed to have misunderstood me.

Nowhere did I say that planes should have the same performance in WoWP that they had in RL but merely that the arcade model of a balanced plane should reflect some specific charateristics of its real life counterpart.

For example in WoT the tier five T-34 has weak hull armor but solid turret armor similar to it's real life counterpart the actual RL T-34. It also has a less accurate 75mm cannon than its German counterparts. This is also similar to the real life conditions and therefore helps immersion, meaning it makes the player believe he is really driving an actual T-34.

So this means that you can base tanks/planes on their RL models and than of course balance that model so it isn't UP or OP within the scope of an arcade game.

Now, if on the other hand WG had made the T-34 in their game nothing like the real T-34, meaning they gave it 200mm of hull armor and a 105mm gun placing it somewhere on tier 9...well than most players wouldn't buy the concept of the game...so you need to at least loosly base any WW2 game, arcade or not, on reality.

But like I said, this is just a small part of the issues at hand and is nowhere close to being the reason of my departure from the game.

Cheers.

I think you are right they have got many of the balances wrong, the game is still in its infancy and will obviously grow and mature. Its the direction it goes in that will shape the game. Maybe as players its our job to help WG steer it in the right direction, to make the game as accurate as possible but balanced.
What i would say Anu is that leaving means that you can no longer, try to help WG steer themselves in the right direction. Only by playing and posting to the forum in a sensible manor can this game be improved by player input. Ranting on the forum doesnt help (WARNING: i am not accusing any one of ranting, just pointing it out). Its constructive criticism and possible ways to adjust and improve the game that will help. And its for that reason that i would say Anu, stick around and help us steer WG into making this the best online game around

TinyViking #19 Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:00 PM

English Community Coordinator

• 1008 battles
Posted Image

As others have said this is sad news :(. I hope you will reconsider your decision in the future as the game will change and grow well after the release.

That’s right! Ice… man. I am dangerous.

Xceptor #20 Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1457 battles
You are leaving the game because of balance issues?
In beta testing?
Really?
I guess "undeniable facts" present "undeniable barriers"...
:amazed:

Enjoy your games, on whatever game you play. Adieu :honoring:

P.S. Mark my post, one day you will be back 100%.

Edited by Xceptor, 04 November 2013 - 03:02 PM.

"The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down."
- General Chuck Yeager, USAF, describing his first confrontation with a Me262.

"Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none." - Tau Commander Farsight

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users