My "Zoom&Booms" are "Booms&Booms"; What am I doing wrong?

hf tactics verticalattackl skills equipment advice

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

elfwise #1 Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:38 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 1335 battles
How to reduce chances of crashing upon impact with terrain, when flying heavy fighters? Colors on speed indicators don't correspond with actual performance, depending of craft type, that's why I'm asking what kind of skills and equipment you'd reccomend for, let's say, BF 110 B, to increase it's manuverability? Thx 

Shepbur #2 Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:59 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS

View Postelfwise, on 17 November 2013 - 11:38 PM, said:

How to reduce chances of crashing upon impact with terrain, when flying heavy fighters? Colors on speed indicators don't correspond with actual performance, depending of craft type, that's why I'm asking what kind of skills and equipment you'd reccomend for, let's say, BF 110 B, to increase it's manuverability? Thx 

How to reduce the chances of crashing... when you hit the ground... hmm... that's a tricky one... i'd have to say, dont hit the ground in the first place?

As for the colours on the speed indicators, i've found that they're actually pretty accurate towards your performance... here are 2 links to the work i've done on the spitfire 5 and bf109F... the stats which are shown are pretty similar to the colours on the speed and altitude indicators!

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.eu/index.php?/topic/18947-thrust-and-extended-flaps/

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.eu/index.php?/topic/19947-game-mechanics-airspeed-vs-top-speed-vs-altitude/

As for increasing the manouverability of a 110b... you shouldn't be turning the 110b in the first place... it's a BnZ fighter, if you're turning, you're doing something severely wrong >.< There's nothing you can add equipment-wise to increase your turning abilities of a undamaged plane, however you can fiddle with the modules you place on to work out the best combination for speed and manouverability (if that's what you really want out of it) but no matter what you do, it wont be able to out-turn the british heavies of the same tier... so there's not much point.

If i were you, i'd install the aircraft polish, and protective armourment which stops the engine being damaged, that along with the improved refelctor sight.

Edited by Shepbur, 17 November 2013 - 11:59 PM.

It doesn't take skill to fly, it takes skill to not make mistakes.

Ordinii #3 Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:59 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
You can also reduce your speed by using the "S" key to reduce throttle and the "E" key to use your flaps - this should help to slow you down when you are turning.

edgar_katana #4 Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:53 AM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Do like me: reduce speed when you aproach your target. If you are too low then at 200 raise flaps and boost your engine. Works like this on almoast HF.

JohnQuincyAdams #5 Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles

View Postelfwise, on 17 November 2013 - 11:38 PM, said:

How to reduce chances of crashing upon impact with terrain

Nothing you can do there I'm afraid. Upon impact, you have already crashed.

Sorry for being a troll, I mean no harm... :trollface:

Broevaharo #6 Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:34 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 415 battles
  • [DAFT] DAFT

I play the heavies a lot and this is the most basic tactic you need to use:

1- Never ever go down unless you are certain to kill, so don't dive down and turn to kill agile fighters unless you are 90% sure of a kill

2- Don't turn unless you have to (as in evasive or to make the final kill shot)

3- Kill other heavies first, they are your primary target

4 Stay high as long as possible, it's your advantage so use it wisely, as soon as you come on low altitude you are an easy target for fighters

5 If you go down keep the speed up, use your flaps near the ground to pull up fast and then zoom up again

I'm not crazy, I can fly, that's all

TinManNL #7 Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:27 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1802 battles
  • [DCT] DCT

The most important thing is to set yourself a cutoff height and stick with it.

So for example, never go under 500m for more than you have to.

Boom&Zoom also requires discipline in the sense that you need to leave a target alone when you reach that altitude, no matter what, climbing is the most imortant thing, even if you leave your target at 1% health!

It's more important for you to avoid making a crater than making that kill.

V. Energy
13. The quality of decision is like the well-timed swoop of a falcon which enables it to strike and destroy its victim.

irondarren #8 Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1393 battles

getting involved in a dog fight with a heavy isnt good. i followed a few bf110 that came down and stuck around, its actually fun to stay on there tail and give them a quick squirt on the guns and knock 10% of there health off, wait a bit and fire again, just keep doing it until they are dead. It almost feels like a cat playing with a mouse.

Diving in on a heavy and giving some guy a fist full of bullets and taking him down to less than 20% health is fine, if you allies in light fighters are there, means you done 80% of the work they can finish of the other 20%, you still get good xp from it, you do this on 6 planes and you get some nice xp at the end of it, maybe not a kill but plenty of xp from doing damage. you have also made it far easier for your team mates to and you to carry a win

Also tagged with hf, tactics, verticalattackl, skills, equipment, advice

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users