BSh-2 - Appreciation thread

thunder BSh-2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

vlasterx #1 Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

Just need one topic to praise this GAA. If you like it, write here why is that.

As for me, there are few good reasons why I like this plane:

• Really good armour and health pool for it's tier
  • Great guns that melt anything under 600m. Even if you have highest tier gun mounted, wait to get under 600m for maximum efficiency.
  • Great camo if you fly it really low - under 20m
  • Bombs great for killing other players. Don't use them for buildings, it's a waste since you have great guns. Use them to trap those confident fighters and heavy fighters

This is one really good result I got earlier. 17 destroyed ground targets, 1 bomb trap and one regular kill. 

http://prntscr.com/2668q5

http://prntscr.com/2668v1

Edited by vlasterx, 23 November 2013 - 03:20 PM.

gyrostabilizer #2 Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
  • [WWIIV] WWIIV
Is the best money farmer I flew to date. It is a flying tank. But do not believe 'Wargames' saying that u should attack ground targets. If you have enemies near u go kill them - help your team! then when there are no planes around kill ground targets for money. I believe GA plane tree is the easiest thing to fly. I usually end up with 1-2 kills a game (air kills) sometimes even 3 plus some ground targets - TheMoneyMaker!

EdgeBoy #3 Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

Senior Airman

• Conquest Member
  • 21 battles

im on it now, pilot almost back to 100%, retrained at tier 4 from pegash17

first went on better bombs and guns

im in dilemma, use 20mm or 23mm, i have a feeling that 23 overheat faster, 20 can eat a ship in tier 5 spread before overheating, but 23 cant

when there will be equipment discount will get reinforced covering and a third option (what do you suggest guys :sceptic:) now only armour plates

consumables standard like all planes, fire exting, pnem. restarter, medkit

i use incindiery ammo on mg-s, AP on cannons to go through the ground targets faster

@ vlasterx thx man 4 info on range for cannons and bomb traps

i play it low and slow, a stealth bomber

p.s. i do really miss a rear gunner, matches lost many times because there is none :angry:

Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi.:playing:

vlasterx #4 Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
No problem. About that range - you can also assign weapon groups and use larger cannons alone under 1000m and then all together with machine guns under 600m. I use ammo that has highest incendiary percentage on all guns. AP is more for fighters, because it rarely happens anyway to lit someone on fire.

harri129 #5 Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 1499 battles

BSh-2 has very unique feature, it can survive ramming :trollface:

adanailov #6 Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 34 battles
How  exactly  you use  the  bombs  to  kill  pesky  fighters ?? need  that  info :veryhappy:

Cheekibreekiivdamke #7 Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:48 PM

They see me Ilyushin', they hatin

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postadanailov, on 10 December 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

How  exactly  you use  the  bombs  to  kill  pesky  fighters ?? need  that  info :veryhappy:

Fly lower than the explosion radius of your bomb, let a fighter approach and drop the bomb when you think the fighter will be right above it.

Keep in mind that a good pilot will not fall for that trick and develop a good feeling for traps. 

Block Quote

Haut rein ihr Fotzen

- SergeantBabas letzte Worte

Necropsittacus #8 Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:16 AM

Testpilot

• Community Contributor
  • 0 battles
  • [JFA] JFA

View PostPrimarch_Victus, on 10 December 2013 - 04:48 PM, said:

Fly lower than the explosion radius of your bomb, let a fighter approach and drop the bomb when you think the fighter will be right above it.

Keep in mind that a good pilot will not fall for that trick and develop a good feeling for traps. 

And unfortunately the number of people knowing the bomb trap has increased... at least I encounter lots of people now that shoot at me and when they are 200 m behind me, pull up and start another approach *-* 

I like the BSh-2 for the reasons mentioned in the first post. I also like hunting Ilyushins with it. The poor things aren't much faster, my guns deal decent damage and it's very hard for them to escape once I'm on their tail. And bomb-trapping experienced attack aircraft players is also very, very unlikely :trollface:

Btw, the 23s really overheat fast, but when attacking a ground target and starting to fire at a closer, let's say, 600 m range (not at 1000 - this will hit the target, but deals less damage and your guns will overheat fast, so you cannot use your whole firepower once you are in range), I manage to take the target down in one approach. Just don't start shooting to early and it usually works out well :) 

Edited by Necropsittacus, 11 December 2013 - 08:22 PM.

Death from Above Member

Shepbur #9 Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:55 AM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS

95 battles, 76% win rate... one of my proudest stats for a plane so far :D especially seeing as it's a ground attack aircraft! It's a beast and can out-turn alot of things... deal alot of damage, as well as speed away from other stuff pretty quickly!

The only sad bit about it is the lack of a rear-gunner... but the bright green paint helps me forget about that! :D

It doesn't take skill to fly, it takes skill to not make mistakes.

evestraw #10 Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:23 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
i recently got it and it feels that a fully upgraded tsh-3 deals way more damage then the bsh 2 while the stats are the same?

Cheekibreekiivdamke #11 Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

They see me Ilyushin', they hatin

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postevestraw, on 08 February 2014 - 10:23 AM, said:

i recently got it and it feels that a fully upgraded tsh-3 deals way more damage then the bsh 2 while the stats are the same?

The TSh-3 got A FULL ShKAS BATTERY while the BSh-2 has two ShKAS and PTB cannons when maxed out.

This makes the TSh do a little more raw damage while lacking accuracy and range (you can open fire at 900 meters while the TSh-3 has to wait until the enemy has closed in to 600). Still, the autocannons are an improvement.

Block Quote

Haut rein ihr Fotzen

- SergeantBabas letzte Worte

Shepbur #12 Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS

In my bush i still hold my fire until i'm at 700-600m... keeps it grouped and dealing the damage without overheating early :)

And again... the Bsh-2 is one of the most OP planes at t4... it's amazingly beautiful, powerful, manoeuvrable... not so fast... but oh so green! :D

If you're not getting 2-3 kills a game on average in it you're doing something wrong :P or your team is competent. HA! as if that's ever the case XD

It doesn't take skill to fly, it takes skill to not make mistakes.

Grumpy_Guts #13 Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:49 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3905 battles
Agree a good all round aircraft to fly and a useful balance turner in teams fav and nice bomb trapper to the over confident enemy, still needs that cover support from team in more intense battles but that is were team work is so important in games for the other members of team to utilize their abilities if flying duel role aircraft to take the fight to the enemy in the best way.        

Talvathir #14 Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 33 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS
The other night I managed 6 aircraft and 15 groundtargets in my BSh-2, felt like quite the hero ;-).

fugepilot #15 Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:36 PM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 9 battles
It is a veritable beast at it's level but .... beautiful? :blink:

panzeraustirol #16 Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
Meh, i dont know... BSh is so so as far as it goes (at least for me). Its to stiff with manuovering and when i attack the ground targets its ussually like this: i have no cover from allies and i get shot down or i crash due almost no manuverability.
BOOM! Stuka in yo face! :playing:

Slauter #17 Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles

View PostShepbur, on 08 February 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

In my bush i still hold my fire until i'm at 700-600m... keeps it grouped and dealing the damage without overheating early :)

And again... the Bsh-2 is one of the most OP planes at t4... it's amazingly beautiful, powerful, manoeuvrable... not so fast... but oh so green! :D

If you're not getting 2-3 kills a game on average in it you're doing something wrong :P or your team is competent. HA! as if that's ever the case XD

If you're not getting 2-3 kills a game on average in it you're doing something wrong :P...or maybe enemy team is competent?

professional stat-padder 101% WR 8888 kills / death 

always in a platoon of OP planes 
died once when my internet connection crashed
obviously best player ever be very afraid

Flint_corsair #18 Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:42 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
that is - surprise !?  shot_008-1.jpg   power exceeds 315, the rate drops to 11 or 13 km / h   &&&...????

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_008-1.jpg   400.84K

Also tagged with thunder, BSh-2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users