• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

Laughter #41 Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

Senior Airman

• Alpha Tester
  • 22 battles
  • [WGL] WGL

View PostEvolGrinZ, on 02 March 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

Yeah, if you want to test out the game, Alpha and Closed beta isn't really a good way to do that. Since most of the content is subject of change, for balancing sake or just because it was annoying and no fun.
If you want to test out the game, the best and most early option you have is open beta. In open beta the core of the game will stay the same and will just get some final tweaks and bug fixes. In Alpha testing you are testing and helping with building the foundation of the game.

That depends entirely upon the company developing the product. Adding a label like alpha or beta merely implies difference, for instance the closed beta in WoT lasted nearly a year and the game remains unchanged at its core to this day.

csandazoltan #42 Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 205 battles
  • [FOHU] FOHU

View PostEvolGrinZ, on 02 March 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

Yeah, if you want to test out the game, Alpha and Closed beta isn't really a good way to do that. Since most of the content is subject of change, for balancing sake or just because it was annoying and no fun.
If you want to test out the game, the best and most early option you have is open beta. In open beta the core of the game will stay the same and will just get some final tweaks and bug fixes. In Alpha testing you are testing and helping with building the foundation of the game.

I want to TEST not PLAY... I want to contribute to the birth of the next blockbuster MMO... I tought, that especially you would understand this...

I don't mind daily wipes, starting from zero each day, I just want to be part of this...

And leaking children got accepted first (and only recent applications...)

It is so good to be a Commander of a clan

P_O_P #43 Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:22 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 0 battles

ABLE0815 #44 Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:25 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostP_O_P, on 02 March 2012 - 04:22 PM, said:

csandazoltan  ..... are you ever rest ,sleep, eat , drink ...... I'm joking....
.....just notice you spend much time here
                   :Smile_teethhappy:

... and telling us the same things over and over again ;) (no offense intended)  :Smile_playing:

csandazoltan #45 Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 205 battles
  • [FOHU] FOHU

View PostP_O_P, on 02 March 2012 - 04:22 PM, said:

csandazoltan  ..... are you ever rest ,sleep, eat , drink ...... I'm joking....
.....just notice you spend much time here
                   :Smile_teethhappy:

To be thorough:

Doing resting right now   :Smile_kamikaze:
Sleeping APX. 6 hours a day
Just ate, and drank...
:Smile_trollface:

I'm spending so much time here because I'm glad to be of help to anyone...
and i'm trying to prove, that i am worthy of being an Alpha Tester... (not much other choice I have at this point...)

csandazoltan #46 Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 205 battles
  • [FOHU] FOHU

View PostABLE0815, on 02 March 2012 - 04:25 PM, said:

... and telling us the same things over and over again ;) (no offense intended)  :Smile_playing:

None taken (so far  :Smile_izmena: )

I'm telling stuff over and over again, because most of "1posters" don't have the brain to read forums and topics, before the spit out a question, what answered a million times...

If you stop the same questions, I will stop answering the same ones...

Laughter #47 Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

Senior Airman

• Alpha Tester
  • 22 battles
  • [WGL] WGL

View Postcsandazoltan, on 02 March 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

I want to TEST not PLAY... I want to contribute to the birth of the next blockbuster MMO... I tought, that especially you would understand this...

I don't mind daily wipes, starting from zero each day, I just want to be part of this...

While I understand the sentiment behind the 'this is serious business and not play time' as we had a similar ethos in supertest, lets not kid ourselves here; WG aren't making Windows 8, they're making a game and thus logic dicates we need to play it.

csandazoltan #48 Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 205 battles
  • [FOHU] FOHU

View PostLaughter, on 02 March 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

While I understand the sediment behind the 'this is serious business and not play time' as we had a similar ethos in supertest, lets not kid ourselves here; WG aren't making Windows 8, they're making a game and thus logic dicates we need to play it.

Just saying that my priorities are on testing, playing is just "collateral damage"  :Smile_kamikaze:

Love playing, but the alpha test is mainly not about playing....

col_Kurtz #49 Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostSavarok, on 02 March 2012 - 09:33 AM, said:

Well if you want to try a game out, you wait for the demo.  Simples.

This just sums up the OP point completely.
Kidding me, am I right? :Smile_trollface:

Savarok #50 Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Senior Alpha Test Veteran
  • 0 battles
Nope not kidding/trolling at all.

My view is if try a game then you play a demo.

If you want to test a game then you apply for Alpha/Beta testing.

Someone who applies for a place in the testing stages  simply to see what it's like is detrimental to the development of the game as they are taking up someone else's spot who could provide data for some real growth in the project.

It's a difference that many struggle to grasp unfortunately.

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. but it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning"

Laughter #51 Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:16 PM

Senior Airman

• Alpha Tester
  • 22 battles
  • [WGL] WGL

View PostSavarok, on 02 March 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

Nope not kidding/trolling at all.

My view is if try a game then you play a demo.

If you want to test a game then you apply for Alpha/Beta testing.

Someone who applies for a place in the testing stages  simply to see what it's like is detrimental to the development of the game as they are taking up someone else's spot who could provide data for some real growth in the project.

It's a difference that many struggle to grasp unfortunately.

Agreed, it is indeed an important distinction but not one people sturggle to grasp, people choose to not be constructive often for the reasons you have stated but it's almost impossible to avoid this situation without stringent recruitment requirments, extensive and frequent recruitment periods, even then you still get a lot of them, as an example:

I sifted through around 300 + supertest applications all stating their passion for the game, the copious amount of time they have to test etc, all in all I can count on less than two hands the amount of people who bothered including me and I was removed for posting a link to a funny video on the forums.

Sturmgechuetz_4 #52 Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:57 PM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 13 battles
  • [TFUK2] TFUK2
I do understand that it is testing, and I would like to test the game pre-release, but if I dont get in, im an air cadet, I can just go fly some RAF Grob Tutors or Grob Vigilants!  :Smile_trollface: But yes, I do want to contribute as much as I can IF i'm privileged enough to be accepted

Laughter #53 Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:34 AM

Senior Airman

• Alpha Tester
  • 22 battles
  • [WGL] WGL

View PostSturmgechuetz_4, on 02 March 2012 - 11:57 PM, said:

I do understand that it is testing, and I would like to test the game pre-release, but if I dont get in, im an air cadet, I can just go fly some RAF Grob Tutors or Grob Vigilants!  :Smile_trollface: But yes, I do want to contribute as much as I can IF i'm privileged enough to be accepted

Hahah was an air caded for 3 years mate, love dem grob tutors!

EvolGrinZ #54 Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:10 AM

The KittehGrinZ

• 0 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS

View Postcsandazoltan, on 02 March 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

FYI, that post i made wasn't aimed at anyone specific. It was just aimed at the community. :Smile_trollface:

Jazka #55 Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:06 AM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Love this little "conversation" here so far... :Smile_popcorn:

I agree with csandazoltan and everyone else who wants to test and contribute to the game
Many apply for alpha just to take a peek and dont bother to "test" it beyond couple of hours of gameplay let alone posting something constructive or creative on the forums...

"Alea iacta est"

Raz1 #56 Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:52 PM

Senior Airman

• Alpha Tester
  • 0 battles
And I have to agree with Jazka and others too..

On WOT side I did participate to couple of updates on russian server and that was fun after all.
Parameters were changed often and server was booted many times.
My ears still remember the horns.. and sirens :Smile-_tongue:

My point being: Testing is what it is.
Sometimes boring like testing penetration or hitboxes or visibility.

Glog97 #57 Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:57 PM

The Glog

• 0 battles
Thanks for putting this up, since we got so many "testers" now this was more than needed, only AT's should read this to understand why are they here!

n0way #58 Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

Senior Airman

• Alpha Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostGlog97, on 03 March 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

Thanks for putting this up, since we got so many "testers" now this was more than needed, only AT's should read this to understand why are they here!
Well, I think it would help if they added short infos about alpha tests (nature of these + testing focus of the week) in the notification box in game (like they use it in WoT for annoucements).

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof"

Xeno21 #59 Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
I don't want to create new topic and tried to find best topic for video i found.
This video is in internet at least since 3rd of March actually  and soon going to appear everywhere. But moderators asked me not to share previous link.
But now when its on youtube they allowed me to do this. And I want to share it with you, my European friends, those who want to see what alpha is should see it:

Good Luck to be invited in Alpha, and same to me.

ABLE0815 #60 Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostXeno21, on 05 March 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

I don't want to create new topic and tried to find best topic for video i found.
This video is in internet at least since 3rd of March actually  and soon going to appear everywhere. But moderators asked me not to share previous link.
But now when its on youtube they allowed me to do this. And I want to share it with you, my European friends, those who want to see what alpha is should see it:

Good Luck to be invited in Alpha, and same to me.

DAMN!!! Waiting will now get even harder. Looks great for alpha stage. Send out those alpha keys, will spent all my time in contributing to these (hopefully) great game.  :Smile_izmena:

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users