Attack Aircraft Ground Ground Targets AA HQ Bomb Bombing Bombs EXP Scoring

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

MassTahh #1 Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:56 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
  • [NESI] NESI

Hi there.

Is it only me or scoring for attack aircraft is a bit too low? I mean I was till now flying German fighters and heavy fighters and easily earning ~1000exp per battle with record of ~2000exp for 7 frags and now I decided to try out Russian Attack Aircrafts. Those ones have clear objective to take down enemy ground targets (as shooting enemy planes is nearly impossible) and one game with BSH-2 I took down enemy HQ, 4AA guns and I even managed to shoot down enemy Heavy Fighter... result 700XP. That doesnt sound fair for flying duck. Am I doing something wrong or it is really the way it suppose to be?

Cheers

GeneralTelcontar #2 Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Unfortunately destorying ground targets is not profitable, you barely get any xp for it. Trust me, you got 700xp mostly because you destroyed a plane. Without it you would have got 300 xp, 400 at most. It really isn't rewarding playing GAA's only if you're really an expert and can kill enemies with it.

Hanszeehock #3 Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:42 PM

First Lieutenant

• Squadron Leader
  • 1 battle
  • [COSTS] COSTS
Shooting enemy planes is not impossible in a GAA and there is always the bomb trap. I've had 42 battles in my Bsh2 and 29 air kills. My dear friend Shepbur has 67 battles and 61 air kills. 

GeneralTelcontar #4 Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostHanszeehock, on 03 December 2013 - 06:42 PM, said:

Shooting enemy planes is not impossible in a GAA and there is always the bomb trap. I've had 42 battles in my Bsh2 and 29 air kills. My dear friend Shepbur has 67 battles and 61 air kills. 

Yeah, most of the time I get at least 1 kill/match because I always make some fighter ram into me and sometimes I survive to get another one to ram me or do a bomb trap. But I only got maximum 3 kills with TSH-3. Can't say I'm a good GAA player

Shepbur #5 Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:52 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS

700xp per battle isn't bad, infact it's pretty good. The only reason why you think it's bad is because german heavies are the most OP planes in the game at any tier. because of this you're getting 3-4 kills every game doing a hell of alot of damage and barely being touched. Where as in other aircraft you actually have to work for your experience, averaging ~500xp a game in my spitfire V and other spits is no mean feat. In a german heavy? 500xp average? you're a load of rubbish. The same goes for GAA, you need 3-4 ground kills to equal a single air kill. Thats a hell of alot more work to do... even your bomb traps wont get you as much xp as you would do normally for knocking out enemies in your heavies.

If you want to ruin the game for yourself in the future, and others in the present. Play german heavies. If you want to play a fun game which is rewarding and enjoyable, dont touch them, do your best to ruin their lives, ram them, pile onto them, do whatever you want to piss them off and stop them playing them. Today i did 3 battles in my 110B in a t4 flight, we won 3 of them i believe, and in most i was getting the most kills in the team. Did i enjoy the battles? nope. Do i play german heavies often? nope. Why do you ask? because i dont enjoy the battles. Alternatively today, i've done about 20-30 battles in GAA's won a fair few, and had some amazing fun. I dont care i'm not getting 1000000xp for every game, or winning everything and getting loads of kills.

I wouldn't say that everything in the game needs to be buffed to compete with the german heavies (which it appears is happening every single patch to "help stop them become OP" even though it really does nothing), but for them to be completely and utterly smashed into the ground several times with an IL-20's face, before burying it in KV-4's. I think then, i will enjoy the german heavies and begin playing them seriously again.

Edit: Speaking of which... i got 4 air kills and 9 ground targets a few games ago in my Bsh-2... and didn't get a destroyer... i swear something's out to make me insane these past few days...

TL;DR : Unless you fly a german heavy, don't expect an average xp of over 500 from 100 or so battles. It just aint gunna happen.

Edited by Shepbur, 03 December 2013 - 06:54 PM.

It doesn't take skill to fly, it takes skill to not make mistakes.

GeneralTelcontar #6 Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostShepbur, on 03 December 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

700xp per battle isn't bad, infact it's pretty good. The only reason why you think it's bad is because german heavies are the most OP planes in the game at any tier. because of this you're getting 3-4 kills every game doing a hell of alot of damage and barely being touched. Where as in other aircraft you actually have to work for your experience, averaging ~500xp a game in my spitfire V and other spits is no mean feat. In a german heavy? 500xp average? you're a load of rubbish. The same goes for GAA, you need 3-4 ground kills to equal a single air kill. Thats a hell of alot more work to do... even your bomb traps wont get you as much xp as you would do normally for knocking out enemies in your heavies.

If you want to ruin the game for yourself in the future, and others in the present. Play german heavies. If you want to play a fun game which is rewarding and enjoyable, dont touch them, do your best to ruin their lives, ram them, pile onto them, do whatever you want to piss them off and stop them playing them. Today i did 3 battles in my 110B in a t4 flight, we won 3 of them i believe, and in most i was getting the most kills in the team. Did i enjoy the battles? nope. Do i play german heavies often? nope. Why do you ask? because i dont enjoy the battles. Alternatively today, i've done about 20-30 battles in GAA's won a fair few, and had some amazing fun. I dont care i'm not getting 1000000xp for every game, or winning everything and getting loads of kills.

I wouldn't say that everything in the game needs to be buffed to compete with the german heavies (which it appears is happening every single patch to "help stop them become OP" even though it really does nothing), but for them to be completely and utterly smashed into the ground several times with an IL-20's face, before burying it in KV-4's. I think then, i will enjoy the german heavies and begin playing them seriously again.

Edit: Speaking of which... i got 4 air kills and 9 ground targets a few games ago in my Bsh-2... and didn't get a destroyer... i swear something's out to make me insane these past few days...

TL;DR : Unless you fly a german heavy, don't expect an average xp of over 500 from 100 or so battles. It just aint gunna happen.

And yet it confirms again that I'm the only person that didn't think for a second that heavies are OP. I must've played a different game all these months...

Broevaharo #7 Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 353 battles
  • [DAFT] DAFT

Yep have to agree on this one, no matter how good you play, had 14 ground kills and a plane today, the xp and money earned is laughable compared to flying a heavy or even a lf.

But what pisses me the most of today are the "no brains at all"  heavies and fighters that attack ground and let the team loose so I have like 1,5 minutes or less to make kills before being killed.

Edited by Broevaharo, 03 December 2013 - 07:10 PM.

I'm not crazy, I can fly, that's all

Cheekibreekiivdamke #8 Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

They see me Ilyushin', they hatin

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
You get hidden XP in your manliness factor and your testicular region grows if piloting a GAA, as when flying a German heavy usually the opposite is the case.

Block Quote

Haut rein ihr Fotzen

- SergeantBabas letzte Worte

MassTahh #9 Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:46 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
  • [NESI] NESI

@Shepbur
I dont think its bad, I think it just not suppose to kill air targets but ground ones and be proportionally rewarded for acomplished task. I think it is at least logical (Live long and prosper)

@GeneralTelcontar

I managed to kill 2... still it is not the JOB for this plane.

Besides, this discusion is not about comparing Heavy German and Attack Aircraft it is simply about balance of reward for completed mission objectives. I do enjoy my ground fighters, its very fun to try to escape bunch of fighters trying to shoot you down having almost all odds against you.

PS, Anyone knows why it is written that I have 0 battles played 0o it has been approx 600 of them already.

Xceptor #10 Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles

View PostPrimarch_Victus, on 03 December 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

You get hidden XP in your manliness factor and your testicular region grows if piloting a GAA, as when flying a German heavy usually the opposite is the case.

Your testicular region grows whilst piloting a GAA?

Oh my, Primach, you must have balls the size of a football stadium then ... :veryhappy:

Edited by Xceptor, 03 December 2013 - 10:03 PM.

"The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down."
- General Chuck Yeager, USAF, describing his first confrontation with a Me262.

"Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none." - Tau Commander Farsight

Slauter #11 Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
4 k 14 gt with bullshit 2, lost after being left alone against 4, without supremacy and 110b rammed me with 1% hp :sceptic: got 1100 exp...crap, really

professional stat-padder 101% WR 8888 kills / death 

always in a platoon of OP planes 
died once when my internet connection crashed
obviously best player ever be very afraid

FoxWMB #12 Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:50 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [BENCH] BENCH

View PostPozdro_dla_kumatych, on 03 December 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

PS, Anyone knows why it is written that I have 0 battles played 0o it has been approx 600 of them already.

Because the forum is stuck with the amount of battles people had in Open Beta for some reason. For example, I had 1670 battles during that period, and that's the number you see I have, while I only have a bit over 400 since release :)

MassTahh #13 Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:46 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
  • [NESI] NESI

View PostFoxWMB, on 04 December 2013 - 03:50 AM, said:

View PostPozdro_dla_kumatych, on 03 December 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

Because the forum is stuck with the amount of battles people had in Open Beta for some reason. For example, I had 1670 battles during that period, and that's the number you see I have, while I only have a bit over 400 since release :)

Thanks ;) I see that this game has plenty of immaturities of young age ;) Shame I somehow missed beta...

Rickenbacker #14 Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:14 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles

I think the OPs point was that shooting down enemy planes shouldn't be the ONLY way for GAA to earn xp.

Shadow2150 #15 Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7 battles
i'm still for a xp modifier for GAAs only, on GTs. Cause if you give more XP for GTs to everyone, everyone and his grandmother will go for GTs in fighters, heavys and so on....so just a nice x1,5-x2 modifier for GAA for killing GTs and everything would be fine or?

Edited by Shadow2150, 04 December 2013 - 03:05 PM.

Hanszeehock #16 Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

First Lieutenant

• Squadron Leader
  • 1 battle
  • [COSTS] COSTS

View PostRickenbacker, on 04 December 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

I think the OPs point was that shooting down enemy planes shouldn't be the ONLY way for GAA to earn xp.

I realised his point, I was obviously addressing his assertion that it is impossible to get air kills......

Fajtl #17 Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 0 battles

Currently the GAA pilot needs to be much more agressive in the playing than just mow the ground targets. I have to reserve bombs for bomb-trapping since I am all-alone against enemies. I will probably have to prioritise other enemy GAA's with my rockets because that means fairer amount of XP and quite a lot of credits.

GAA's were thought to be the easy-mode of WoWp, hence WG decided to award the ground kills so little. I think it's too low at the moment, the game with GAA's doesn't feel so easy to me.

Shepbur #18 Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:18 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS

View PostFajtl, on 04 December 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

Currently the GAA pilot needs to be much more agressive in the playing than just mow the ground targets. I have to reserve bombs for bomb-trapping since I am all-alone against enemies. I will probably have to prioritise other enemy GAA's with my rockets because that means fairer amount of XP and quite a lot of credits.

GAA's were thought to be the easy-mode of WoWp, hence WG decided to award the ground kills so little. I think it's too low at the moment, the game with GAA's doesn't feel so easy to me.

Exactly! :D

It's not too bad to get 800-1000xp in a battle... but you need to have a nice team which can help you out, and you need to really push hard to get 12-13 ground targets in a game to do well. There are too many games where i'm in a GAA carrying the team with 4 kills... all my bombs gone and my team are dead. There's not alot you can do in situations like that to win the battle, short of hide and hope they dont find you.

It doesn't take skill to fly, it takes skill to not make mistakes.

MassTahh #19 Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:58 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
  • [NESI] NESI

View PostShadow2150, on 04 December 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:

i'm still for a xp modifier for GAAs only on GTs. Cause if you give more XP for GTs to everyone, everyone and his grandmother will go for GTs in fighters, heavys and so on....so just a nice x1,5-x2 modifier for GAA for killing GTs and everything would be fine or?

I guess that would be most fair considering purpose of GAAs...

bggeneral #20 Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:23 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-BSA-] -BSA-

In WoT I have my own observation about the profit and nations, that show me, something is very.... specific.

There is the following clear statistical picture per game ( comparable games):

Nation A - Higher WR, lower XP and Credits. Higher WR actually is compensating ( increasing) the rest overall.

Nation B - Higher Credits, lower XP, average WR. Average WR is compensating ( adjusting) the rest overall.

Nation C - Very high XP, average Credits, low WR. Low WR is compensating( decreasing) the rest overall.

I do not know, if this is because of my playing style and nation machine specifics, or there is somethin other. 

But looks, in WoWP I have the same statistics, but the nations are different.

Also, not ALL machines from specific nation are following this figure, some specific machines are different. But in general, machine from one nation have mostly this rules followed.

I do not see any reason, this to be somehow coded in the game. But I do not know what can be the reason for this either. Player psyhology and style of playing? My be.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users