Gufo_Tave's hangar

Just a few skins i made...

• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

Gufo_Tave #1 Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:34 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 11920 battles

Well, the topic's title should be self-explanatory.

I just wanna show my works... and, maybe have your opinion.

Here my first skin: a Chinese Hawk 75M:

Spoiler

In engineering, could exist not-optimal solution, but ridiculus ones... never
In most cases, the right question is not "why?".  In most cases, the right question is "why not?".
A ridiculous decision is the madness of a moment. A ridiculous person is the madness of a life.

Gufo_Tave #2 Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 11920 battles

Another plane, another skin, this time an I-15 with Soviet markings:

Spoiler

In most cases, the right question is not "why?".  In most cases, the right question is "why not?".
A ridiculous decision is the madness of a moment. A ridiculous person is the madness of a life.

Gufo_Tave #3 Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:32 AM

• Beta Tester
  • 11920 battles

Another I-15's, taken from Spain's civil war:

A Republican one:

Spoiler

And a nationalist one, captured:

Spoiler

Euan_Huzarmy #4 Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Squadron Leader
  • 17225 battles
I do like the Republcan skin which I will use many thanks. A very 'noob' question how do you get a reverse view in the Hanger? (Edit: Just realised that RMB works in the hanger as well as in the skies!)

Edited by Ducat1st0, 28 December 2013 - 10:26 PM.

"The problem with new pilots is that their ambition far outweighs their talent." (guess I will always be a new pilot!)

Gufo_Tave #5 Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:41 AM

• Beta Tester
  • 11920 battles

View PostDucat1st0, on 28 December 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

I do like the Republcan skin which I will use many thanks. A very 'noob' question how do you get a reverse view in the Hanger? (Edit: Just realised that RMB works in the hanger as well as in the skies!)

I'm glad to know that you appreciated my work. :honoring:

By the way, into the hangar you can freely move the camera around the plane, both with left or right mouse button

Gufo_Tave #6 Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:35 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 11920 battles

Spain civil war... again.

This time, the plane is German.

And the pilot, too.

Ladies and gentleman, the Handrick's plane, complete with olympic rings:

Spoiler

Edited by Gufo_Tave, 23 October 2016 - 10:18 AM.

Gufo_Tave #7 Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:53 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 11920 battles

Time for some fancy, pre-bellic, bare metal skins:

This time, we have two P-36: one with a Lafayette-style insigna:

Spoiler 

And one who fought at Pearl Harbour:

Spoiler

Gufo_Tave #8 Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 11920 battles

This skin... needs a little premise. Not for the pattern itself, but for my personal policy about symbols like svastikas.

I'm totally disagree with all it represent, but... if you wanna make a German WWII plane, you are forced to place this kind of symbol.

But, you should know, is forbidden to use svastika on this forum.

So, instead to censor screenshots in post-production, i decided to make a not-completely-historical skin... packed with the another one in the same archive.

By the way, the subject of this post is a Bf-109E flown by Hans-Joachim Marseille, known as "Der stern von Afrika" (The Star of Africa). 

Spoiler

Edited by Gufo_Tave, 03 January 2014 - 11:35 PM.

Gufo_Tave #9 Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:26 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 11920 battles

And now, a skin for the last Christmast gift, the Curtiss Hawk III...

Spoiler

Much better, compared to the original (and wrong) camo...

Edited by Gufo_Tave, 09 January 2014 - 08:26 PM.

Seargent_Ace #10 Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:07 PM

Senior Airman

• 2902 battles

View PostGufo_Tave, on 09 January 2014 - 09:26 PM, said:

And now, a skin for the last Christmast gift, the Curtiss Hawk III...

Spoiler

Much better, compared to the original (and wrong) camo...

yeah, can u make 1 skin for spitfires  Tier V and Tier VI   would be great !!

sig_Seargent_Ace.jpg

Gufo_Tave #11 Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:03 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 11920 battles

View PostSeargent_Ace, on 09 January 2014 - 09:07 PM, said:

yeah, can u make 1 skin for spitfires  Tier V and Tier VI   would be great !!

Well, probably i will make the Mk V, at least, but... not in the classical RAF camo

Gufo_Tave #12 Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:41 AM

• Beta Tester
  • 11920 battles

Time for two german planes... in italian service.

I was quite undecided to post these skins on the international forum... because probably nobody would be interested in this kind of material.

However... i had already completed them, so, i said to myself: "why not?".

The first of these planes in Italian service is a Bf 110B, operating in North Italy as a night fighter: due to the hurry to put the plane in service, italians just obliterated german markings on the rear, leaving the original german cross on the wings (afterwards, the same plane was repainted in a all-black camo, not so interesting in daylight battle). This give the plane a strange combination of german and italian markings.

Spoiler 

The second plane in this post is a Bf 109E. This plane, usually considerated the first 109 in italian service, was captured from Yugoslavian air force. Recent researches suggest that this plane could be a E12 ex-Luftwaffe, never used until his capture. So, i used a really worn Luftwaffe livery as a base, with uncomplete obliteration markings. Another mix of italian and german markings... but for really strange reasons.

Spoiler 

Edited by Gufo_Tave, 10 April 2016 - 10:30 AM.

Gufo_Tave #13 Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:55 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 11920 battles

Now it's time for two British planes:

A Bleheim F in woodland camo:

Spoiler

And a little rework of the woodland camo used by the Spitfire MkI (before you asked me:no, i'm not polish, i decided to add those markings to my Spit just because i was listening "Aces in Exile"):

Spoiler

Edited by Gufo_Tave, 23 October 2016 - 11:39 AM.

Euan_Huzarmy #14 Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Squadron Leader
  • 17225 battles
No link for the Spit. Looking forward to using it though. :wink:

"The problem with new pilots is that their ambition far outweighs their talent." (guess I will always be a new pilot!)

A_Botnot #15 Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:14 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 23527 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS
Not interested in this kind of material, no way hoe say I for one have nothing but praise for the time and effort you are putting in to recreate these historical and fascinating reproductions, I wish I was that clever. Having read about historical wartime aircraft and seen countless pictures this game allows us to fly them and with people like you creating historical skins brings them to life, cracking job keep it up love em.   

Gufo_Tave #16 Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:14 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 11920 battles

View PostDucat1st0, on 10 February 2014 - 02:47 PM, said:

No link for the Spit. Looking forward to using it though. :wink:

The link is present... but maybe is not so visible (it's the "Spitfire MkI" phrase).

Anyway...

http://www.mediafire...Mk_1_Polish.rar

Gufo_Tave #17 Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:09 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 11920 battles

This time, a P-40 ex RAF captured by Italian forces. It was not so easy to paint, because the only photo i found show only the rear of the plane. Being captured near the front, i assumed the the P-40 simply received markings obliteration with colors used by Regia Aeronautica and just basic italian insignas (the white stripe and the Savoia's cross on the rudder), without the fascist wing markings.

Spoiler

Shade1982 #18 Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 1302 battles

View PostGufo_Tave, on 03 January 2014 - 08:27 PM, said:

This skin... needs a little premise. Not for the pattern itself, but for my personal policy about symbols like svastikas.

I'm totally disagree with all it represent, but... if you wanna make a German WWII plane, you are forced to place this kind of symbol.

But, you should know, is forbidden to use svastika on this forum.

So, instead to censor screenshots in post-production, i decided to make a not-completely-historical skin... packed with the another one in the same archive.

Not to be a nitpicker, but that's not actually the Swastika. It's the Iron Cross. The Nazi army (and air force and navy) only very rarely used the swastika, for example SS units. It also would not be on vehicles, but on the uniforms... And the swastika itself also doesn't necessarily represent the German Reich, it's much, much older than that...

Other than that, very, very beautiful work! Those look very well done!

Edited by Shade1982, 28 February 2014 - 11:26 PM.

_Grim_ #19 Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:22 AM

Official Reaper

• Beta Tester
  • 1341 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostShade1982, on 01 March 2014 - 01:24 AM, said:

Not to be a nitpicker, but that's not actually the Swastika. It's the Iron Cross. The Nazi army (and air force and navy) only very rarely used the swastika, for example SS units. It also would not be on vehicles, but on the uniforms... And the swastika itself also doesn't necessarily represent the German Reich, it's much, much older than that...

Other than that, very, very beautiful work! Those look very well done!

There usually was a swastika on the tail of  pretty much all German planes(where the troll face is on the screen shot),and I believe he was referring to that,not to the balkenkreuz.

...................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................Death from Above Reaper and Magister

Gufo_Tave #20 Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:29 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 11920 battles

View Post_Grim_, on 01 March 2014 - 05:22 AM, said:

There usually was a swastika on the tail of  pretty much all German planes(where the troll face is on the screen shot),and I believe he was referring to that,not to the balkenkreuz.

You're right, indeed the troll face is just a "funny" censorship.

The Swastika was present on all planes belonged to Luftwaffe (if you notice, in my italian Bf 110, the olive green non only obliterate the German markings on the fuselage, but also the swastikas on the tail), for obvious reasons.

At the opposite, the Heer (the German Army), was not so involved in nazi party: this explaines why on German tanks the swastika was not so common.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users