Jump to content


[Discussion] Your wish list


  • Please log in to reply
712 replies to this topic

Kabazabak #1 Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:44 AM

    EU Warplanes Producer

  • Developer
  • 812 battles
  • 186
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    10-11-2012

Hello pilots,

Happy new year! :)

 

With a new year being ahead of us and version 1.2 approaching in a steady pace we would like to hear what you guys would want to see in the game in 2014. What are you missing, what would you like to see, is there anything you want to improve in the current game?

There are things we are already working on (Additional game mode, more planes, more maps, replays, clans, etc...) but what do YOU want? I would like to read your Top5 wish list in this thread and see your point of view and what your wishes for 2014 are. 

 

Let's go! :honoring:

 

P.S. This thread should not be about "Nerf plan A,B,C" but instead for complete features or changes to current things.



sob_nerv #2 Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:51 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Squadron Leader
  • 15296 battles
  • 395
  • [-JFF] -JFF
  • Member since:
    07-26-2013

1. Little better training room!

It would be nice to eliminate cost from trainings. Also I wish i don't need to leave a room if i wish to change a plane.

 

2. More info about some upgrades, ammunition etc. For example, velocity of rockets and when they explode (fuse timer was 3 sec if i am correct).

 

3. damage done and hit ratio in percentages, in battle summary.

 

4. Ability to use flights in training rooms. This is important from tournaments perspective too. To have that yellow arrows showing where your teammates are!

 

cheers

Vlad


Edited by sob_nerv, 07 January 2014 - 10:15 AM.


jeff_peters #3 Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:53 AM

    Wicked

  • Conquest Member
  • 10462 battles
  • 3,182
  • [JFA] JFA
  • Member since:
    12-29-2011

Thank you for bringing this thread. My list:

1. Optimization (duh)

2. Wrecks of planes have hitbox at least for several seconds to prevent abuse

3. Bomb fuse settings and removal of the Magical Your-own-bombs-don't-hurt-you Shield , rocket salvo settings would be a nice bonus (262 rockets, wink wink)

4. More and better camo paints and nose-arts, making them a bit cheaper wouldn't hurt either

5. dunno, perhaps the return of versions of planes in the upgrade system (perhaps only show the model designation e.g. Bf-109 F-1, F-2 etc.)


Edited by jeff_peters, 07 January 2014 - 10:21 AM.

 

DfA cannon fodder


MrKristensen #4 Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:54 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 1376 battles
  • 69
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Ability to form multiple squads and connect them, so you can get more friends into the same battles. Not necessesarily on the same side, opposing teams is fine by me if it helps matchmaking. It's really a gamekiller when we join 4 people or more, and are unable to play together in some way, more often than not we simply leave the game, and go play something else that at least allow us in the same battles. BF4 is one.

 

@jeff_peters

 

If they remove the bombshield, buff reargunners ;)


Edited by SirMoric, 07 January 2014 - 10:03 AM.


Guy01 #5 Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:59 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 4666 battles
  • 143
  • [DAFT] DAFT
  • Member since:
    03-15-2013

Detailed after-battle report that we can read without it deleting itself within 10seconds.

 

 


fe790434-f2ad-48b2-88b0-db50890bf04a_zps

D-A-F-T - For the older more discerning pilot.


Grolim #6 Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:05 AM

    League Champion

  • Squadron Leader
  • 13494 battles
  • 1,332
  • [JFA] JFA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

This list is not complete but it has some features I miss/ would like improved:

  •  An easy way of finding equipment (i.e. sights). As it is now you need to search every plane to find the equipment you need. You could solve this as WOT does it or modifying the carousel icon with mini icons for equipment in how many slots (0/3, 1/3 etc.). This would also allow you to mark if the plane has consumables, camo, pilot and what kind of ammo equipped.
  •  Updating traning room with invites. This is a feature I am really missing as part of the esports scen. It is awful having ppl barge in your room while having trainings with your team.
  •  A direct button for barracks and store from the hangar. This to align the interface to wot.
  •  3D models in the shop/ tech tree with customization options to show model changes with different modules and different camo.
  •  Quicker reaction in hangar, it is currently too unresponsive.
  •  a wish- optional hangars, having the choice between different hangars would be a nice touch.


Kabazabak #7 Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:06 AM

    EU Warplanes Producer

  • Developer
  • 812 battles
  • 186
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    10-11-2012

View Postsob_nerv, on 07 January 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

1. Little better training room!

It would be nice to eliminate cost from trainings. Also I wish i don't need to leave a room if i wish to change a plane.

 

2. More info about some upgrades, ammunition etc. For example, velocity of rockets and when they explode (fuse timer was 3 sec if i am correct).

 

cheers

Vlad

 

1. Planned

2. Good point

 

View Postjeff_peters, on 07 January 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

Thank you for bringing this thread. My list:

1. Optimization (duh)

2. Wrecks of planes have hitbox at least for several seconds to prevent abuse

3. Bomb fuse settings and removal of the Magical Your-own-bombs-don't-hurt-you Shield , rocket salvo settings would be a nice bonus (262 rockets, wink wink)

4. More and better camo paints and nose-arts, making them a bit cheaper wouldn't hurt either

5. will add later

 

1. This will be always on of our top priorities. 

2. I read this suggestion somewhere before :)
3. It's a slippery slope. We will have to check

4. We will definitely add more

5. ok

 

View PostSirMoric, on 07 January 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

Ability to form multiple squads and connect them, so you can get more friends into the same battles. Not necessesarily on the same side, opposing teams is fine by me if it helps matchmaking. It's really a gamekiller when we join 4 people or more, and are unable to play together in some way, more often than not we simply leave the game, and go play something else that at least allow us in the same battles. BF4 is one.

 

Currently not planned, sorry. As in WoT having Wings with >3 players would have negative impact on overall balance.

However, we are looking into Team Battle modes and how to get them into WoWP. This would make the number of friends you can play with bigger.

 

View PostGuy01, on 07 January 2014 - 10:59 AM, said:

Detailed after-battle report that we can read without it deleting itself within 10seconds.

 

 

 

I agree. Will come soon. :)



Grolim #8 Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:18 AM

    League Champion

  • Squadron Leader
  • 13494 battles
  • 1,332
  • [JFA] JFA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
another point: starting the WoWp wiki as I want a better understanding for how spotting mechanisms work, how/ why earnings are rewarded after battle (xp/ silver), what impact the crew skills have on plane performance (what does stamina really do etc.)

MrKristensen #9 Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:22 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 1376 battles
  • 69
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostKabazabak, on 07 January 2014 - 10:06 AM, said:

View PostSirMoric, on 07 January 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

Ability to form multiple squads and connect them, so you can get more friends into the same battles. Not necessesarily on the same side, opposing teams is fine by me if it helps matchmaking. It's really a gamekiller when we join 4 people or more, and are unable to play together in some way, more often than not we simply leave the game, and go play something else that at least allow us in the same battles. BF4 is one.

 

Currently not planned, sorry. As in WoT having Wings with >3 players would have negative impact on overall balance.

However, we are looking into Team Battle modes and how to get them into WoWP. This would make the number of friends you can play with bigger.

 

I never said something about wings with >3 players? I know that would affect balance.

 

I don't want 12 players in a big wing on the same side, steamrolling the opposite team. I just want the 3 player wings able to join the same battles on opposing sides if needed. I just want to be able to play with more than 2 friends at a time. We're adults, and we don't care if we're up with, or against each other. We just want to get into the same battles. We're already doing it now, by pressing "battle" at the excately same moment, and more often than not, we DO end up in the same battle, often on oppisite teams. We just want it to be easier than that.

 

We don't want a "nerfed" XP version of Team Battle modes, as was introduced in WoT, and we're not 24 friends playing at the same time anyway.



Rukh_UE25 #10 Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:31 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Squadron Leader
  • 12852 battles
  • 1,056
  • Member since:
    09-21-2012
Point #2 out of Jeffs list would be my highest wish for this year because I think this would reduce the number of unplanned kamikazes dramatically.

 


Left the closed beta with 3888 battles and 10.570 downed planes ...


Panocek #11 Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:33 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 2371 battles
  • 412
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Well, introducing features present in WoT to WoWp like replays, detailed reports, (though I see these will be "done when its done"), more maps (but check them for performance issues before release)

 

Some sort of Tank Companies/Squadrons or Team Battles?

 

EDIT

AA rework - while mid/high caliber AA guns are fine ie evasive manoeuvres work against them, machine gun ones have 100% accuracy always chipping paint of aircrafts at steady rate no matter how hard you try to evade


Edited by Panocek, 07 January 2014 - 10:38 AM.


dan_can #12 Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:37 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Advanced Member
  • 6809 battles
  • 1,588
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
  1. Replays
  2. After Action Report
  3. WoT'ish hangar screen, so that you can install equipment or ammo on one screen instead of having to go to 'Service' & 'Equipment'
  4. Ingame plane comparison
  5. Detailed stats for pilot perks & skills

"The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush his achievement and remove all record of his very existence. From that defeat there is no recovery. That is the meaning of victory."

  Lord Commander Solar Macharius

 

Death from AboveYoutube Channel


TankalizatorPL #13 Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:37 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 5647 battles
  • 488
  • [5SBP] 5SBP
  • Member since:
    02-10-2012

1. Flights:

a) inviting more than 2 people to flight (if two players accept than 3rd can not join - information: "can't join flight is full")

b) Sometimes when you are in flight with your friends and you get out of battle and they are still in it description next to their nick says "not ready" instead of "in battle". Sometimes descriptions are missleading (for example my 3rd friend joins flight after we were waiting for too long and joined the battle he may think that we are afk and leave our team). Can you also make in-flight chat available to read from hangar to battle and from battle to hangar (just like it is in WoT) - not everyone has microphone (or she/he is at work :D) and it would improve comunication.

c) bigger invitation button

 

2. TECH TREE:

a) Descriptions in tech tree about how long can you fire your guns, bust your engine and oposite: how long you need to cool it down.

b) reasearch & purchase & mount module button in tech tree

 

3. Engine damaged bug (?)

Why when your engine is damaged your cooling time stops if you used bust before it got broken? I thought it's about tempeture not about movement, please clear me if I am wrong.

 

4. Training rooms

a) inviting friends to training rooms

b) changing planes in training rooms

c) changing training room map and all other settings

d) adding bots by tier (option above planes types, working same as in-hangar plane filter) - sometimes I forget names of planes

e) making training rooms nonpublic - you can join only if you accepted invitation

 

5. I know you just added FW line but PLEASEEEE More GERMANS planes! :izmena:


UNFORGIVEN MEMBER


SuperSylph #14 Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:40 AM

    Senior Airman

  • Beta Tester
  • 4079 battles
  • 27
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012

My wish list is:

(1)More pilot skills. Please add more useful or interesting skills! Now we don't have too many options.

(2)Detailed data about weapons, such as the Max. firing time before overheat and the accuracy.

(3)More reasonable firepower calculation. For example, Me. P1092 has the same weapon as Me 262 HGII (4x20 mm MG-213C © )at the same position(Cowling-mounted weapon). but they have different firepower. The firepower of 262 is more than 300 higher than P1092. It's ridiculous.

(4)An improved after-battle report as good as WOT. I usually make 5 or more kills with only 300-400 damage, even when I shoot down some GAs (They have hundreds of Hp). 

(5)Another "switch to next target"  button which only switch between the targets in front of you. I can't shoot the enemy behind me, right? In high tier battle, Jets are flying so fast and sometimes I only have one second to shoot.

 

That's all.:tongue:

 



Lozif #15 Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:45 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 2092 battles
  • 228
  • Member since:
    07-14-2013

1) Missions:

 

I would realy like some missions, i know the maps are to small for some real escorting missions, but here is a way to fix that with the current map size.



The two spots i filled in should be mountains, and the mountains could be made so high you cant fly over them, or there could be some heavy AAguns on the top so you wanna stay lower than the mountains.

 

This is a map that i made just now in a short time, but u get the idea right? (i could make a much better description but this will do for now)

It should be a escorting mission where u have to destroy X amount of targets on your way, its a one team 5-8 player map/mission, and the enemy is bot´s (AI)

 

 

2)  MM v "flights"  (this is a former suggestion i made)


About "flights" it can be made better later when there are more players here for the MM to pick from. (it wount work right now though)

 

But if the MM put flights in their own battles and single players in thier own battles, meening a game would consist of only single players or only flights.

 

If it´s made like that the rule for flights has to change a bit.

Flights can only be made within 2 tiers , no flight with one tier 3 and one tier 5, or even only flights of the same tier, this rule is so that the MM has a better chance of putting a team togetter.  ( it should be like that even now at least within two tiers :-)

And again, if its made like this, then they could open up for bigger flights upto 4 or 5 players maybe.

It would also be alot better for clan fights/wars with bigger flights, when clans arrive to the game at some point.

 

Problems might be lesser skilled players that wanna play in flights, they would still be owned, but that might be ok, then they might join a clan, and by that there would be a bit more community going on, and more players learning from other players and so on.

 

But sadly, there are to few players for this to happen right now.


Even though this suggestion calls for more players online, the MM could be programed to favor this when there are more players online.

 

3)

Hanger improvment



Forgot to put in consumables when i made this, but that should be there as well.

 

4) Training room where u fly alone, for setting up controls, and train low flying and so on, and could be used for "follow the leader"

 

5) More hanger options:

 

Just a simple option to mark our planes with the numbers 1 2 3 4 5 would be a great help and of course the option of sorting the planes by 1 to 5, my Groups would then be something like

 

1. Still needs pilot skills (from 75-100% main skill)

2. Needs equipment.

3. Not "elited"

4. Needs more upgrades.

5. Planes that need to be used as first priority, since they could be in two or more of the abow groups.

 

So i used 5 groups, if they do this 9 groups would be just as easy to make as 5, so lets have 9. 

(10 groups might be a little more programing since its a 2 diget number, but 9 will do just fine)


When you lose, someone else wins.

When this senario is true, think of them, and not your self.


Kabazabak #16 Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:59 AM

    EU Warplanes Producer

  • Developer
  • 812 battles
  • 186
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    10-11-2012

View PostGrolim, on 07 January 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

This list is not complete but it has some features I miss/ would like improved:

  •  An easy way of finding equipment (i.e. sights). As it is now you need to search every plane to find the equipment you need. You could solve this as WOT does it or modifying the carousel icon with mini icons for equipment in how many slots (0/3, 1/3 etc.). This would also allow you to mark if the plane has consumables, camo, pilot and what kind of ammo equipped.
  •  Updating traning room with invites. This is a feature I am really missing as part of the esports scen. It is awful having ppl barge in your room while having trainings with your team
  •  Quicker reaction in hangar, it is currently too unresponsive.

 

1. You mean that you can select equipment without going into the "Service" category?

2. The whole Training rooms functionality will change over time and have more features.

3. Goes in line with Optimization, which we are working on

 

View PostGrolim, on 07 January 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

another point: starting the WoWp wiki as I want a better understanding for how spotting mechanisms work, how/ why earnings are rewarded after battle (xp/ silver), what impact the crew skills have on plane performance (what does stamina really do etc.)

 

1. We are currently revisiting an older visibility article and will re-publish it as soon as possible. Additionally, we plan to have a good overview of "when you get how much xp and credits". 

 

View Postdan_can, on 07 January 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

  1. Replays
  2. After Action Report
  3. WoT'ish hangar screen, so that you can install equipment or ammo on one screen instead of having to go to 'Service' & 'Equipment'
  4. Ingame plane comparison
  5. Detailed stats for pilot perks & skills

 

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. We would have to do some tests

4. I want

5. What kind of stats would you like to see?

 

View PostSuperSylph, on 07 January 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

My wish list is:

 

(1)More pilot skills. Please add more useful or interesting skills! Now we don't have too many options.

 

 

 

1. What kind of pilot skills would you like to see?

 

View PostLozif, on 07 January 2014 - 11:45 AM, said:

1) Missions:

[...]

 

3)

Hanger improvment



Forgot to put in consumables when i made this, but that should be there as well.

 

4) Training room where u fly alone, for setting up controls, and train low flying and so on, and could be used for "follow the leader"

 

5) More hanger options:

 

Just a simple option to mark our planes with the numbers 1 2 3 4 5 would be a great help and of course the option of sorting the planes by 1 to 5, my Groups would then be something like

 

1. Still needs pilot skills (from 75-100% main skill)

2. Needs equipment.

3. Not "elited"

4. Needs more upgrades.

5. Planes that need to be used as first priority, since they could be in two or more of the abow groups.

 

So i used 5 groups, if they do this 9 groups would be just as easy to make as 5, so lets have 9. 

(10 groups might be a little more programing since its a 2 diget number, but 9 will do just fine)

 

1. Looks interesting. We're doing testings with another game mode already and will hopefully have something fun and new once we are happy with it. 

3. As mentioned above, would have to do some testing

4. as mentioned above, training rooms will get improved over time



JohnQuincyAdams #17 Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:03 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 587 battles
  • 159
  • Member since:
    06-21-2013

1. Italian planes

2. Replays

3. Full after battle info for all players (exp, damage, etc. like in WoT).

4. Tier 8 premium planes

5. Italian planes


Edited by Prussian_Eagle, 07 January 2014 - 11:11 AM.


VooDooZG #18 Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 5216 battles
  • 336
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013

I have one very important wish:

 

Cut off the option to see the player names  above the plane !!  ( show player name )

 

This option enables fraud and agreeing in large measure on the higher tier !!



emu87 #19 Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:24 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 2348 battles
  • 194
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Would like an easy in game way of saving and loading mouse, joystick and keyboard configurations, both the advanced setup for mouse and joystick as well as all key bindings.

Crono_X #20 Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:03 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha Tester
  • 1345 battles
  • 272
  • [RNGHU] RNGHU
  • Member since:
    01-03-2012

Most that I  wanted have been answered already.

 

- Battle reasult window like in WoT

- Replays (Hope you are doing the server side replay that is planned for WoT :P)

- Missions/Team Battle/Clan

- More Japanese planes!!!

- Better chat interface/combined chat with WoT

 

 


Edited by Crono_X, 07 January 2014 - 12:08 PM.


Hmm...




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users