About Alpha Test

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

Mustakirves #1 Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:31 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
Hello all !!

So I´m also waiting about GAT-invitation but have given up hopes to join that now. One thing what makes me wonder is this. Alpha testers get kinda "special" plane to their hangar if I´m right.
So is there any way to purchase that special plane afterwards then?
Reason why I ask this is that I was planning to gather all possible planes to hangar when gane is released and seems now that I will prolly miss plane or two at least.
As in WoT where I have bought gold to expand my garage so that I have all premiums now, and  slots to get all tanks which are now in game. I was planning to do same in WoWp too (yeah perfectionist and collector) :). Will take time and nice sum of gold to do this, but what a heck. So if I´m not GAT then...can I purchase those planes for example via gift shop later on ?

And all those lucky ones who are now in GAT, hope we will see in air later on :)

Ulicum #2 Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:58 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 851 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27
[conspiracy theory]
Looking at your username made me realize I have heard of lots of finnish players applying to alpha but havent heard of anyone getting in. Makes me think that choosen batches might be based on where you are from...
[end of conspiracy theory]

Canaris #3 Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:26 AM

Airman Basic

• Alpha Tester
  • 0 battles
I think its the same thing like in WoT.
There the ALphatesters became an special unique Tank (PzKpfw V-IV Alpha ) with an extra Logo instead of Wehrmachtssymbol.
No other way to buy this.
The same tank with same stats and normal symbols was then only available in the medium preorder-package, not in the release-ingame-store.

Maybe this gives you hope.

Paah #4 Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:41 AM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postpeikko, on 14 March 2012 - 07:58 AM, said:

[conspiracy theory]
Looking at your username made me realize I have heard of lots of finnish players applying to alpha but havent heard of anyone getting in. Makes me think that choosen batches might be based on where you are from...
[end of conspiracy theory]
No no, I know several finns who are in alpha.

RygaCommand #5 Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [B00TX] B00TX
How long does it take to get that invation I am waiting also verry long

OKB_T55 #6 Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:12 AM

Airman Basic

• 3 battles
  • [ENTS] ENTS
:Smile_popcorn:

waiting

:Smile_popcorn:

waiting

AnFionn #7 Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:20 AM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostCanaris, on 14 March 2012 - 08:26 AM, said:

I think its the same thing like in WoT.
There the ALphatesters became an special unique Tank (PzKpfw V-IV Alpha ) with an extra Logo instead of Wehrmachtssymbol.
No other way to buy this.
The same tank with same stats and normal symbols was then only available in the medium preorder-package, not in the release-ingame-store.

Maybe this gives you hope.

Well PzV-IV is not that good tank, it's pretty mediocre, if not bad, at least this is what I've read on the forums. So the alpha plane won't be different.
We watch the skyways
O'er land and the sea!
Ready to fly anywhere that duty calls
Ready to fight to be free!

Ulicum #8 Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 851 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27

View PostPaah, on 14 March 2012 - 08:41 AM, said:

No no, I know several finns who are in alpha.

Thanks for ruining my perfectly good conspiration theory  :Smile-angry:

Well, coming up with other ones gives me something to do while waiting for alpha invite start of the public beta

Qeek #9 Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

Senior Airman

• Alpha Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-322-] -322-
...i wonder when it'll be my day-D  :Smile_popcorn:
. . . Learn to Test - Test to Learn . . .

I3ULL5 #10 Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:51 AM

Senior Airman

• Alpha Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [TJ] TJ
He wish to become that Plane, for his collection. He will collect all, thats a hard plan :Smile_teethhappy:
I must refresh my english  :Smile_unsure:
I didnt know so many words i would write, so my Sentence are short. Narf

IGGY_0809 #11 Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:58 AM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 68 battles
I am waiting from begining to get invitation, and still waiting.  :Smile_hiding:

To be a champion, you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will.

OanMkvenner #12 Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I3ULL5: Yeah right, he didnt want this plane for his collection, he wanted to BECOME that plane - thats a tough target itself already  :Smile_teethhappy:
much to learn you still have indeed  ;)

Retu81 #13 Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:37 AM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [UFINN] UFINN

View PostOanMkvenner, on 14 March 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

I3ULL5: Yeah right, he didnt want this plane for his collection, he wanted to BECOME that plane - thats a tough target itself already  :Smile_teethhappy:
much to learn you still have indeed  ;)

Sounds very Zen-like.

Fajtl #14 Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostMustakirves, on 14 March 2012 - 06:31 AM, said:

Hello all !!

So I´m also waiting about GAT-invitation but have given up hopes to join that now. One thing what makes me wonder is this. Alpha testers get kinda "special" plane to their hangar if I´m right.
So is there any way to purchase that special plane afterwards then?
Reason why I ask this is that I was planning to gather all possible planes to hangar when gane is released and seems now that I will prolly miss plane or two at least.
As in WoT where I have bought gold to expand my garage so that I have all premiums now, and  slots to get all tanks which are now in game. I was planning to do same in WoWp too (yeah perfectionist and collector) :). Will take time and nice sum of gold to do this, but what a heck. So if I´m not GAT then...can I purchase those planes for example via gift shop later on ?

And all those lucky ones who are now in GAT, hope we will see in air later on :)
Its way too early to think about rewards, but if the situation with WoT will be similar, then you will probably wont be able to get the same plane (even if the gift plane is just reskin). If anything the alpha testers (especially those who started in closed alpha) are using their time and efforts to test unfinished game with all the stuff that goes with it. So they may deserve that bit of "uniqueness"

However WG has been so kind not to make the gift vehicles too special to make others outraged. They just made them fairly different but not worth envy or dying for.

By the way Pz V-IV was fairly good in the beginning but it is quite unusable now. It still can be used for ramming arty though :)

gammelsokken #15 Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

Senior Airman

• Alpha Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [RAAD] RAAD
Hey All

I will just wait for it to go into BETA, Because its easier to get in there i think.

:Smile-_tongue:

grim365 #16 Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

Senior Airman

• Alpha Tester
  • 0 battles
I just find it really odd that if they have more applicants for Alpha then they could possibly need, why do they not shut down the Alpha signup, so those of us who have waited since day one at least have a chance of getting in..

Rabbit1337 #17 Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:29 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
I am waiting for at least 2 weeks now... but the thing I don't know is, that one of my friends had sign up for alpha later than i do and he has got the invitation since monday -.-
We have checked the answers to the questions and found out that we have choosen the same answers.
So he can play Alpha now and i couldn't. That sounds very senseless for me.

Ulicum #18 Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:29 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 851 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27

View Postgrim365, on 14 March 2012 - 12:04 PM, said:

I just find it really odd that if they have more applicants for Alpha then they could possibly need, why do they not shut down the Alpha signup, so those of us who have waited since day one at least have a chance of getting in..

You sir make a very good question.

But as mentioned somewhere else in forums, I think part of the whole "join alpha test!" campaing is just hoaxy advertisement campaing.

Predator_or #19 Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Senior Alpha Test Veteran
  • 0 battles
Please don't open new topics about Alpha Test invitations because we already have central topic for that http://forum-eu.worl...nvitations-gat/

Topic closed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users