31 replies to this topic

Ochiltree #1 Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 55 battles

First you must decide which way to start the game, you should:

1. Turn round immediately and circle the base

2. All get into one large "groupe" and head for the middle of the map

Its important at this stage to hold the Ctrl key and highlight as many map points as possible, and preferably hit the F keys as many times as you can. Its also a good idea to type some useful comments into the chat box, something like "bak noob" or "I will kil every1" 

Once you spot the enemy, everyone go for the same plane, ignore the rest.  If you spot a plane that's nearly dead, break off what you are doing and go for that one.  Its important here to get as close to the Green planes as you can, ideally right in front of them, this protects you from other red planes! If some one else crashes into you, its OK, they are noob, you should also type "you are noob" into the text box at this point! 

If your planes has bombs you must attack ground targets, even if you are in a fighter - go for the ground targets! Otherwise you are a noob! 

Ramming planes is a legitimate tactic, this helps your team and will get you a kill, it also saves bullets. 

Most importantly, look after yourself, ignore any talk of "team work" this is not what the game is about! 

You'll appreciate that this is a little tongue in cheek, but also the frightening reality of the vast majority of the player base!  

Hanszeehock #2 Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:39 PM

First Lieutenant

• Squadron Leader
  • 1 battle
  • [COSTS] COSTS
Having a bad day ?!!

Ochiltree #3 Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 55 battles

A bad post Beta experience in general mate! 

Trying to laugh about it though :sceptic:

Shepbur #4 Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS

I've been testing how people play for the last... month or so? And you've summerised it perfectly :D I've also tried stopping them from doing this, and it turns out "don't all be idiots like the people in my last game and dive at the first IL you see" doesn't work... they just all continue doing it... "Don't be idiots, stay high" also doesn't work, nor "could the heavies not attack gt's at the start of the game plawkz" or "don't head-on that 262".

After weeks of trying different phrases to knock sense into people... the only way i've found it's possible to stop my team from being total idiots is blaringly obvious sarcasm:

"EVERYONE, as soon as you see an enemy plane, all dive down to ground level and all attack it at once, it's the only way we will win!"

"If you ram the ground when you dive for the first il you see you get like 800xp for the game, it's true!"

"HEAVY FIGHTERS, COME ATTACK GROUND TARGETS WITH ME"

and huzzah! you get a decent team 80% of the time who arn't complete idiots (doesn't improve their useless flying skills... but it stops them all diving to 500m as soon as a red dot appears, and gives you a slight chance against the 7 enemies who always appear at your level when you're on your own)

Enjoy flying :) and if you want to enjoy flying... don't get the hornet... it's f****** ****.

It doesn't take skill to fly, it takes skill to not make mistakes.

kwk75l48 #5 Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 2 battles
  • [TDC] TDC

well generally when i type 'where are we going' if a witty response of 'hell' 'to win' etc etc comes along i fly with as many as possible and try to rack up that dmg for the loss.

what is distressing when all your top cover except you goes chasing that il and most of them dont pull out of the dive 'sigh'

Remember if i ram you, you helped

Bala79 #6 Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 34 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

What i found, is that usually nobody gives a f&$/k what you say in chat, but they will imediatly listen to some noob saying something incredibly stupid but that looks like a good ideia.

And if you are chasing some plane and you take it down to 10%, and you are in a turn fight waiting for the next oportunity to shoot, you will only survive if there is no friendlies in 500m, as if there is they will try to steal the kill and ram you.

Also fighters going head on with heavys and GAAs is a new fashion. I tryied it once in beta, looong time ago.

The improvement that i see lately is that if you have some 2-3 planes on your tale and you head stright to your friendlies, you have a fair chance they shoot those enemys... say... 60%...

Shepbur #7 Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:05 AM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS

View PostBala79, on 30 January 2014 - 11:59 PM, said:

The improvement that i see lately is that if you have some 2-3 planes on your tale and you head stright to your friendlies, you have a fair chance they shoot those enemys... say... 60%...

But remember... there's a 100% chance that your allies will do more damage to you while you're holding 3 enemies in a straight line than the enemies will ;)

Bala79 #8 Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 34 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostShepbur, on 31 January 2014 - 12:05 AM, said:

But remember... there's a 100% chance that your allies will do more damage to you while you're holding 3 enemies in a straight line than the enemies will ;)

Ahahaha, you are so true!!!

BTW, once i had some plane that i couldn't shake of. I passed 3 friendlies, they started to shoot him, he was going stright and i was barrel rolling...for 1 minute... and they hurted me much more than him, untill i was 1% hps and the guy on my tale finished me. I ask WTH?!??! And they answer(and i quote): "You shouldn't move so much arround".

Broevaharo #9 Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:40 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 415 battles
  • [DAFT] DAFT

View PostBala79, on 31 January 2014 - 12:15 AM, said:

BTW, once i had some plane that i couldn't shake of. I passed 3 friendlies, they started to shoot him, he was going stright and i was barrel rolling...for 1 minute... and they hurted me much more than him, untill i was 1% hps and the guy on my tale finished me. I ask WTH?!??! And they answer(and i quote): "You shouldn't move so much arround".

Lmao

But you should remember that the first rule of engagement is to fly straight and level (especially when I am shooting you) :trollface:

I'm not crazy, I can fly, that's all

Shepbur #10 Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:17 AM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS

Gotta love those games (and it's normally 50% of the time) where you spend half the battle running around the map with 3 guys on your tail after your team failed epically >.< then 4 minutes later the rest of their team join in until they win on supremacy :P

TBH, i've started flying straight at friendlies if i have someone on my tail, in the vain hope that the enemies will ignore me and go for the friendlies who are going head-on to them...

Edited by Shepbur, 31 January 2014 - 10:17 AM.

Ochiltree #11 Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 55 battles

I engaged a tight turning opponent yesterday and got two decent bursts on him before he got so tight in his turn I couldn't follow.  Of course having knocked out at least 50% of his HPs it attracted the attention of 4 of my "team mates" who had promptly latched onto my tail.  It was clear to me I'd never get him on the turn so I pulled out (would have come back in on a boom and zoom but I was thinking, 4 of them, surely they'll get him!).

I then watched the MM as I moved out to find another target and saw two of them collide (and so commenced the noob "banter") and the remaining two get promptly out turned and shot down. Fair play to the red plane, he knew his plane characteristics well, but from my team's perspective (throwing into the mix the additional inevitable two or three -1 scores) that was the game over - a 1/3 of the team eliminated by one fighter!   

I'd love to come onto the forum and discuss great things that have happened (I did in fact post once after some fantastic team play) but the negative experiences far outweigh the positive ones! 

Fizzy_Odin #12 Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 135 battles

View PostBala79, on 31 January 2014 - 12:15 AM, said:

LOL - but so true !!! 

Fizzy_Odin #13 Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 135 battles

View PostShepbur, on 31 January 2014 - 10:17 AM, said:

Gotta love those games (and it's normally 50% of the time) where you spend half the battle running around the map with 3 guys on your tail after your team failed epically >.< then 4 minutes later the rest of their team join in until they win on supremacy :P

TBH, i've started flying straight at friendlies if i have someone on my tail, in the vain hope that the enemies will ignore me and go for the friendlies who are going head-on to them...

yes and with quote " you are noob, you have only 1 kill "   and then you completely lose your sanity  :)

_Keystone #14 Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [AIMS] AIMS

FTW TACTIC!!!

Ad_Fundum #15 Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:53 PM

Senior Airman

• 1 battle
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
Hahaha great post and so true

Grumpy_Guts #16 Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 8666 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostPustinjska_Lisica_1977, on 31 January 2014 - 07:10 PM, said:

FTW TACTIC!!!

Sums up the game at the moment

Selous #17 Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:09 PM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostColebeanz57, on 01 February 2014 - 02:28 PM, said:

Sums up the game at the moment

Actually that looks like more fun then the game at the moment.

Bala79 #18 Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 34 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

Well i have a different view of the current game right now:

ThrowingTracks #19 Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:34 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

Not sure if it's been mentioned here yet so here goes...

Attention all Ground Attack Aircraft

If your whole team goes one way you simply have to go the other. This means there will be nobody about to steal your targets and you can take your time and your pick of what to attack next. You will be perfectly safe and survive to live to a ripe old age.

Ochiltree #20 Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 55 battles

View PostPustinjska_Lisica_1977, on 31 January 2014 - 07:10 PM, said:

FTW TACTIC!!!

I love this clip - it epitomises the player base! 

Also tagged with Tactics, Joke, Player Base

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users