Noob Question 2: when you drop your bombs, are you more maneuverable?

bombs rockets drag manueverabillity

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Spiridon_Kopicl__ #1 Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:05 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
  • [MRGUD] MRGUD

Plane has maneuverability of 315. When I load 4 bombs, it drops to 257. OK, quite logical, but what happens when you drop all of your bombs? Does it stay fixed at 257 as in take-of, or it gradually gets more and more nimble as I drop bombs one by one? (of course, I know what the real-life logic would be, but this is a game and I must ask)

Have you tested / experienced the difference? I'm a noob and want to figure out this game.

_Grim_ #2 Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:16 PM

Official Reaper

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
Your maneuverability increases after you drop your bombs/fire your rockets but it doesn't get as high as it would have been if you hadn't mounted anything to begin with,even if you fire them all,due to stuff like rocket tubes or racks still remaining/
...................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................Death from Above Reaper and Magister

jeff_peters #3 Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:28 PM

Wicked

• Conquest Member
  • 199 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
You can even test this in the hangar. First note the characteristics without bombs and rockets (bro tip - click on the statistics to get more details, like turn radius etc.). Then mount bombs or rockets and note the characteristics. Then go to Service, where you load ammunition, and unload bombs and rockets. After a few seconds, the stats of the plane adjust and show characteristics for the plane with empty rocket and bomb racks.

DfA cannon fodder

Spiridon_Kopicl__ #4 Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:36 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
  • [MRGUD] MRGUD

View Postjeff_peters, on 31 January 2014 - 01:28 PM, said:

You can even test this in the hangar. First note the characteristics without bombs and rockets (bro tip - click on the statistics to get more details, like turn radius etc.). Then mount bombs or rockets and note the characteristics. Then go to Service, where you load ammunition, and unload bombs and rockets. After a few seconds, the stats of the plane adjust and show characteristics for the plane with empty rocket and bomb racks.

Yes, I know that. But those are stats that change in hangar. My question was: does the actual game recognizes that you've dropped bombs/rockets WHILE you're flying? Should be like that, logic dictates it, but this still is a game in development phase, that's why I ask. Grim's answer was more to the point, thank you both.

BTW, Grim, do you know how much I loose in agility due to the empty pylons? Shouldn't be much, I guess.

jeff_peters #5 Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

Wicked

• Conquest Member
  • 199 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostSpiridon_Kopicl__, on 31 January 2014 - 02:36 PM, said:

My question was: does the actual game recognizes that you've dropped bombs/rockets WHILE you're flying? 

Of course it does.

DfA cannon fodder

_Grim_ #6 Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:01 PM

Official Reaper

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostSpiridon_Kopicl__, on 31 January 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

BTW, Grim, do you know how much I loose in agility due to the empty pylons? Shouldn't be much, I guess.

You can actually check in the hangar in the way jeff described-mount bombs on the plane,but on the Service menu reduce their number to 0.You'll see the effect in the plane stats.

...................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................Death from Above Reaper and Magister

Also tagged with bombs, rockets, drag, manueverabillity

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users