Fundamental things that still suck in this game…

things that are wrong develop somefink please

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

Euan_Huzarmy #21 Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Squadron Leader
  • 47 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

+1 from me Anu.

Oh, by the way WG, get that freakin' awful stall sorted. It feels as though you have just got caught on a coat hook and left helpless in mid-air for more time than is feasibly realistic (oops! sorry just realised it is arcade and not a flight game :blink:)

"The problem with new pilots is that their ambition far outweighs their talent." (guess I will always be a new pilot!)

Tiger313 #22 Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-FC-] -FC-
Anu, please quit posting for the following 24h, I'm out of +1's now :teethhappy:
sig_Tiger313.jpg

AnuSuaraj #23 Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:32 PM

He Who Knows all the Hacks...

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostX101, on 20 February 2014 - 08:23 PM, said:

About that Nobel price i think Bank of Stockholm paid Nobel price people so they can use name, after all money makes world go around :)

Didn't even see this till now.

Sorry for going off topic in my own thread but I just have to say that that's the dumbest saying ever.

Money doesn't make the world go round. World was going round and round before there even was money, or people for that matter.

Money was originally designed to make people's lives easier, so you don't have to bring a live goat to the market every time you want to buy some shoes, but has now taken a life of its own.

Personally I think money makes people go fultard quite a lot.

So maybe we should change that saying to: "Money makes the world go all fulltard sometimes."

There. That's much better.

Death From Above Member

Slauter #24 Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
Science/games also make the world go all fulltard sometimes :trollface: TY Steve Jobs :hiding:

professional stat-padder 101% WR 8888 kills / death 

always in a platoon of OP planes 
died once when my internet connection crashed
obviously best player ever be very afraid

LZ_Mordan #25 Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles

View PostFoxWMB, on 21 February 2014 - 12:51 AM, said:

why should those 14 teammates that died like flies win the game if they all failed at their task?

yes they failed miserably. They should watch the counter and intercept bombers instead of gangbanging inside a blob.

AnuSuaraj #26 Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:05 AM

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostLZ_Mordan, on 21 February 2014 - 08:35 PM, said:

yes they failed miserably. They should watch the counter and intercept bombers instead of gangbanging inside a blob.

Killing enemy fighters and HF will win you the battle most of the time.

Killing enemy GAA might help you win the battle some of the time.

You really can't blame people for focusing on that which wins them the battle most of the time?!

Slauter, I pos repped your post but do you really think that HQ should be given more relevance?!

Don't we have enough people going fultard for the HQ?

Personally I think that HQ's should be remodeled from Hangars and Carriers to fortified bunkers with so much HP that you would need two GAA focus firing the HQ in order to kill it.

Right now, a freaking Zero dweeb with bombs mounted can take down the HQ in one pass.

Silly.

Edited by AnuSuaraj, 22 February 2014 - 08:08 AM.

Death From Above Member

Deamon93 #27 Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:30 AM

First Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS

View PostAnuSuaraj, on 22 February 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:

You really can't blame people for focusing on that which wins them the battle most of the time?!

Slauter, I pos repped your post but do you really think that HQ should be given more relevance?!

Personally I think that HQ's should be remodeled from Hangars and Carriers to fortified bunkers with so much HP that you would need two GAA focus firing the HQ in order to kill it.

Right now, a freaking Zero dweeb with bombs mounted can take down the HQ in one pass.

Silly.

You forgot to mention that the Zero dweeb usually dies immediately after, if he manages to survive reach the target of course

Death from Above member

"Memento mori" roman saying

Slauter #28 Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles

View PostAnuSuaraj, on 22 February 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:

Silly.

That part about HQ is the way another of your bright ideas (about stopping and prolonging supremacy at some point) could be more realistic. So, you have to destroy something in order to start supremacy clock again, but enemies cant see where did you do it if you have burned HQ. In RL, "HQ" gives all info to a fighter. It has contact with that ground command center and with another pilot. Without ground command center, it would be like i proposed, while you could still chat/talk with your teammates.

Edited by Slauter, 22 February 2014 - 08:43 AM.

Deamon93 #29 Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:42 AM

First Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS

View PostSlauter, on 22 February 2014 - 09:41 AM, said:

That part about HQ is the way another of your bright ideas (about stopping and prolonging supremacy at some point) could be more realistic. So, you have to destroy something in order to start supremacy again, but enemies cant see where did you do it if you have burned HQ. In RL, "HQ" gives all info to a fighter. It has contact with that ground command center and with another pilot. Without ground command center, it would be like i proposed, while you could still chat/talk with your teammates.

Yeah you are right but then it should be impossible to destroy by a fighter

Death from Above member

Spiridon_Kopicl__ #30 Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:44 AM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
  • [MRGUD] MRGUD

Sir OP AnuSuaraj,

You are a professional writer, aren't you? A journalist, script writer, copywriter, author? I'm qute lost between follwing your arguments and the great narrative style you have.

If you're not a pro in writing, you shold think of going that way. You write like one.

Bravo!

MXDoener #31 Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:13 AM

Crackin´ Sidewalks since 2012

• Alpha Tester
  • 2 battles
Anu, call your first book "Anu´s tales of terror" please!:izmena:

WG...fixing stuff that isn´t broken since 2011! :trollface:

AnuSuaraj #32 Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:15 AM

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostMXDoener, on 22 February 2014 - 09:13 AM, said:

Anu, call your first book "Anu´s tales of terror" please!:izmena:

I've already written that book.

It's about a young boy named Anu that's continually tormented by the Grim Reaper who always rams him and stuff.

Death From Above Member

LZ_Mordan #33 Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:08 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles

View PostAnuSuaraj, on 22 February 2014 - 08:05 AM, said:

Silly.

there was that game with 2 IL-20 on the other team, we had only 3 basic Tier 7 ILs. I thought to myself in my Me262. Those bloody is ILs will win the game for that team.

I did focused on them when i had the time. they won with superiority with a very close match because most noobs don't understand how to play the counter. It requires another dimension, another axis on the battle graph. Most people would prefer the game to be dumbed down to KILL THE FIGHTERS and that''s it.

Without the current air superiority counter, game would be utter boring. a good IL team now often win the game for his team. It forces the fighters to make some critical decisions. Do I need to take down that IL now? Or should i focused on those fighters up there? During the end game, people with brains will have to juggle with destroying ground targets, waiting, hiding etc.

I won another game with my Me209V in a tier 6 game on the canyon map. We were down to 2vs4. with our IL having done a GOOOD job. 5 GTs advantage. My team mate die like a noob fighting the ennemy.1 vs 4. Hopefully the ennemy is stupid too. 2 fighters panicked and crashed fighting GTs. The other two took down enough GTs to reset counter back to -1. While during that time my 75 attack premium plane was flying/hiding  high on the base. waiting for them. So now they come. Spitfire and BF 109 attacking 3 AAs around away from base. I can still lose.. if they kill the 3 aas, positive superiority advantage for them. so i decide to go down and bnz the spitfire with my punny single 20 mm cannon. Spitfire out thx to the help of AA fire, which was my strategy from the start. BF does not have enough energy to do anything to the flying bullet. Then the BF rage quits/ crash into the AA. At the time, the counter was equal. Both planes should have focused on AA only and NOT try to kill the flying bullet.

Edited by LZ_Mordan, 22 February 2014 - 10:10 AM.

AnuSuaraj #34 Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:28 AM

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostLZ_Mordan, on 22 February 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:

there was that game with 2 IL-20 on the other team, we had only 3 basic Tier 7 ILs. I thought to myself in my Me262. Those bloody is ILs will win the game for that team.

So you focused two IL-20s....in a 262...and failed? Hmm. Right.

View PostLZ_Mordan, on 22 February 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:

I did focused on them when i had the time. they won with superiority with a very close match because most noobs don't understand how to play the counter. It requires another dimension, another axis on the battle graph. Most people would prefer the game to be dumbed down to KILL THE FIGHTERS and that''s it.

Without the current air superiority counter, game would be utter boring. a good IL team now often win the game for his team. It forces the fighters to make some critical decisions. Do I need to take down that IL now? Or should i focused on those fighters up there? During the end game, people with brains will have to juggle with destroying ground targets, waiting, hiding etc.

I don't want to dumb the game down. It's already dumb enough.

But even in this dumb game things aren't as simple as you portray them. If you see a lot of ILs on the enemy team, then sure, you can choose to go after them, but then keep in mind that the enemy fighters will have a numerical superiority against your fighters which is more likely to cause a defeat then a couple of GAA killing grounds. Furthermore, to "go after ILs", you will have to sacrifices all your altitude and in a BnZ plane like the 262 that can be a death sentence.

Also, good IL players such as myself, will not go directly for the closest ground but will be sneaky and try to stay under fighter cover for as long as possible.

I understand what you are talking about though LZ_Mordan. I myself have witnessed a game where 12 of my fighters were all chasing the last enemy fighter whilst completely ignoring the two ILs that were raping our base.

Still, I personally never go after ILs at the start of the battle. First I try to tip the scale in the air fight and only after that I go and kill the ILs.

Death From Above Member

Cheekibreekiivdamke #35 Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:47 AM

They see me Ilyushin', they hatin

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostAnuSuaraj, on 22 February 2014 - 11:28 AM, said:

So you focused two IL-20s....in a 262...and failed? Hmm. Right.

Especially embarassing since the IL-20 is the most useless plane in the entire Soviet GAA branch.

Block Quote

Haut rein ihr Fotzen

- SergeantBabas letzte Worte

LZ_Mordan #36 Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:58 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles

they were in a 3 platoon with a YAK , Top Tier game.

Those 2 ILs raped our base in seconds. I took down their platoon leader in a fighter.

say what you want. what do you do when your low tier only ILs on your team died already and 2 top tiers ILs are destroying everything? tell me?

i'm not saying i'm an expert since I started flying the Me262 last week thanks to the Xp special. otherwise never played higher than T6, and i never wrote you should go for them at the very start. but mid game when the battle is unfolding.

Edited by LZ_Mordan, 22 February 2014 - 11:02 AM.

Slauter #37 Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles

View PostPrimarch_Victus, on 22 February 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

Especially embarassing since the IL-20 is the most useless plane in the entire Soviet GAA branch.

IL2 > IL20? :ohmy:

Very often at T8+ MM makes it almost impossible to play ''high flyer'' properly (262+J7+IL20 on one and 2x262+209A on the other side, for example). You may buy some time, bait, but if enemy team isn't bad enough you wont have a chance. So, killing enemy IL's first with 262 in that situation is OK.

@Deamon, i agree, but they will improve fighter's damage to GT's in next patch. :hiding:

Deamon93 #38 Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:34 AM

First Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS

View PostSlauter, on 22 February 2014 - 12:25 PM, said:

IL2 > IL20? :ohmy:

Very often at T8+ MM makes it almost impossible to play ''high flyer'' properly (262+J7+IL20 on one and 2x262+209A on the other side, for example). You may buy some time, bait, but if enemy team isn't bad enough you wont have a chance. So, killing enemy IL's first with 262 in that situation is OK.

@Deamon, i agree, but they will improve fighter's damage to GT's in next patch. :hiding:

I know...

I haven't tested it out yet, hopefully it isn't as bad as it seems...

Death from Above member

LZ_Mordan #39 Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles

View PostSlauter, on 22 February 2014 - 11:25 AM, said

i hope it is only marginal. because that's that's not the purpose of fighters at all.

fighters taking down HQ with bullets? gimme a break. the only easy targets for fighters are AA and it should stay as it is.

fighters should accept they lost the game due to bad IL team. I understand people are nostalgic of High Flyer stunt killing the whole team one by one. Still possible in the right conditions. less likely if ILs do they work.

Edited by LZ_Mordan, 22 February 2014 - 12:45 PM.

Broevaharo #40 Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:22 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 353 battles
  • [DAFT] DAFT

View PostLZ_Mordan, on 22 February 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

i hope it is only marginal. because that's that's not the purpose of fighters at all.

fighters taking down HQ with bullets? gimme a break. the only easy targets for fighters are AA and it should stay as it is.

fighters should accept they lost the game due to bad IL team. I understand people are nostalgic of High Flyer stunt killing the whole team one by one. Still possible in the right conditions. less likely if ILs do they work.

Lol, ever flown a GAA in high tier games? As soon as you hit your first target you have the whole team on your back, big fun when you are flying the schoolbus IL20 (With IL40's that use you as target practice)

Edited by Broevaharo, 22 February 2014 - 01:24 PM.

I'm not crazy, I can fly, that's all

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users