• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

Erwien_ #81 Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:16 AM

Senior Airman

• Conquest Member
  • 2 battles

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 25 July 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

*Edited

My words Jakub.. When I started playing WoWp some 4 months ago, I got really annoyed by sealclubbing, but when I got grasp of it I understand motivation of some playing low tiers.. For me, it's no longer fun, but I understand.. IMHO Persha should change token policy from let's say tier IV and subsequently change daily missions (for example IV+V, VI+VII, VIII+IX+X tiers) This would reduce the ammount of sealclubbing in order of just finishing missions and getting tokens.. It would reduce playerbase on lower tiers, but at least newcomers would get better chance to have some target practice instead of dying after 30 sec..

Leepants #82 Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:17 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles

I am very poor at this game - GA tier 3 is about my limit so far - but trying to grasp it. Hell, I can't even seem to remember which key is the rear "camera"........ I 100% can't seem to out manoeuvre anyone, no matter what I'm in. My situational awareness is poor (not great at 3d environments), but it IS just a game and I've not yet rage-quit. Although this is day 1 after a lengthy absence.....

I think it's a case of learning pluses and minuses for each aircraft. Happy to be corrected, and also happy to be pointed to resource to help me learn. i WILL improve. Mind, hard to get worse!!

velkovk19 #83 Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:32 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 0 battles

View PostLeepants, on 31 July 2017 - 05:17 PM, said:

I am very poor at this game - GA tier 3 is about my limit so far - but trying to grasp it. Hell, I can't even seem to remember which key is the rear "camera"........ I 100% can't seem to out manoeuvre anyone, no matter what I'm in. My situational awareness is poor (not great at 3d environments), but it IS just a game and I've not yet rage-quit. Although this is day 1 after a lengthy absence.....

I think it's a case of learning pluses and minuses for each aircraft. Happy to be corrected, and also happy to be pointed to resource to help me learn. i WILL improve. Mind, hard to get worse!!

Good to see new players using opportunity to learn this not so easy game.

You can learn a lot watching youtube replays, reading forum discussions on particular plane, and watching other players or even bots after being killed in game. The other possibilities are to join a clan and using comm to learn from more experienced players. 

If you see me in game, just ask for a help.

gl & hf

0viking0 #84 Posted 01 August 2017 - 07:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 567 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

View PostThe_Last_Jedi, on 25 July 2017 - 06:19 PM, said:

Always vets with great stats sealclubbing the newbies in lower tiers. Ther's  no excuse standing by at 10k or 19k games and so on... No mission or token worth it!  Don't flush away the new commers! They just come here to see how can have some fun! I know what i talk and i have replays. I have names. But no name and shame is the policy of WG... Shame on you s**t players! Let this game grow up and find no more excuse for what crime you do! I'll get you on my black list and this is the end for me. Do you want to bust boots for your ending?

SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

So s**t are y!

Grow up!

Question... What to say for noobs with 50 games in tier 8 premiums? They act and play like an idiots... SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

PiotrSzut #85 Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Squadron Leader
  • 45 battles
  • [FKISS] FKISS

View Post0viking0, on 01 August 2017 - 07:58 PM, said:

Question... What to say for noobs with 50 games in tier 8 premiums? They act and play like an idiots... SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

"stay playing t2 plse !"

Leepants #86 Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:47 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles

View Postvelkovk19, on 01 August 2017 - 09:32 AM, said:

You can learn a lot watching youtube replays, reading forum discussions on particular plane, and watching other players or even bots after being killed in game. The other possibilities are to join a clan and using comm to learn from more experienced players. 

If you see me in game, just ask for a help.

gl & hf

I'm not QUITE brand new, but I may as well be!! lol.

Thanks for your advice. I've watched a couple of YouTube videos - to be honest, I don't get much time to play, let alone sit and watch YouTube. I do, however, click on other players once I get dead. I think my initial learning has to be in a 3d environment as a couple of times I've died by target fixation and not being aware of altitude becoming 0metres...... Which absolutely does NOT help my poor team.

Shotishogo #87 Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 96 battles
  • [D_303] D_303
best advice for newcomer....go play straigh other games. Really...amount of nerves u will lost with WG is astonishing.
...pozatym uważam ,że 2.0 powinno zostać zniszczone.

Goat_messiah #88 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:55 AM

Senior Airman

• 866 battles
  • [TAWV] TAWV

View PostShotishogo, on 16 October 2017 - 07:44 PM, said:

best advice for newcomer....go play straigh other games. Really...amount of nerves u will lost with WG is astonishing.

This is bad advice.

Think for yourself if you like the game or not.

Don't be cattle.

BugPowderDust #89 Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:36 AM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 54 battles

Sees thread title, clicks to see if I can improve my game.

Sees latest comments from 'veteran' pilots.

Facepalm. This is a newcomers forum, shame on you.

The_Last_Jedi #90 Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:22 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 434 battles
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2

I am not in charge to give good advice to the newcomers in this game. Just my 2 cents...

I just try to have some fun by time to time...

I am... and i was... a newbie like yourself... A fresh meat for vets.

I am not a vet... but i played 1.9 for almost 10 monts. This total change gets me totally unprepaired.

In this version you can't have the full controll  of what are you doing. Just because of flying mechanics tooo ooo unprepaired.

You can influence the battle, but is very hard to do it.

When you are a rookie... just try to upgrade your first lvl tier with most maneouverably equipment as you get in game.

This version... 2.0 can't offer you a manual control of what you are doing. So called by my: manual flaps control.

You can level up by Q (tail eleron) speed up and down  by W and S... AND NO MORE ELSE...

Try to see the ping on the map. Allways an old player show you what to target first.

Read about what is the role of a plane type in this game! And applie!

Acumulate pilots skill. At a time they will do all the job you are mistaken.

I guaranty that you'll have some fun... Not such as in manual control flight was in 1.9... But to not abandon and quit!

Is just my recipe for you... not to stink in front of vets in lower tiers.

In a year os some... maybe i will give you some advice for medium tiers...

And... WG... give my flaps back as you promised! ASP!

shrapnel_bait #91 Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:54 PM

Senior Airman

• 166 battles
Returned to the game after about a 2 1/2 year break, I'm finding I'm enjoying the game again, just one thing I would add to the list of tips, it might already be listed but it does bare repeating, don't get fixated on your target, hit the Q button now and again to check behind you and keep one eye on the mini map to get early warning of incoming enemies.

InCole #92 Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:59 PM

Senior Airman

• Alpha Tester
  • 3 battles
There is something I don't understand in patch 2.0, how do you aim at enemy planes now?

I played this game when it first came out and it had a recommended place to target. But that is gone now in 2.0, we just have to self-judge now where to shoot or?

omglaserspewpew #93 Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:52 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 370 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27
Yes.

The_Last_Jedi #94 Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:12 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 434 battles
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2

View PostInCole, on 30 October 2017 - 09:59 PM, said:

There is something I don't understand in patch 2.0, how do you aim at enemy planes now?

I played this game when it first came out and it had a recommended place to target. But that is gone now in 2.0, we just have to self-judge now where to shoot or?

Use the snipper to aproach the view on the target. :playing:  When in range (you will see the hp bar) estimate the speed and  trajectory and aim in front or in the target if it is close. You can see the bullets flying and a confirmation sound that you hit the target. :child: I try to aim the engines and the tail. Not sure if the damage efect is more important. I try to protect the enemy pilots and kill the machines...  :great:  Maybe in the game future i'll be able to see the pilots launching by parachutes... and escape...:teethhappy:  Practice and adjust the aim point. Try to get a good position on target behind. It is harder now to escape then in 1.9. :facepalm: Manouvering the planes are much limited.

Moerdergrube #95 Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:04 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 465 battles

In snipermode you see the ammo tracer. It is different according to plane type.

jakub_czyli_ja #96 Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:31 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 207 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

When target is within firing range, marker somehow changes, from $hitty to a bit less $hitty.

It may depend on graphic settings, but tracers are visible.

Hitting bullets cause flashing on enemy plane, and at least I hear pops when bullets hit the target.

Rest is only a matter of proper deflection - within circle, circle border, half of full forward.

Clear cache/Skasuj cache: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%TEMP%\wargaming.net\wowp\cache"

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

Shotishogo #97 Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 96 battles
  • [D_303] D_303

View Postvelkovk19, on 01 August 2017 - 09:32 AM, said:

Not so easy....omg. Look at this.

https://www.youtube....f98M2C-aI&t=89s

...if you think WoWP 2.0 is not so easy so how you could call that ?

...pozatym uważam ,że 2.0 powinno zostać zniszczone.

Eviscerador #98 Posted 04 November 2017 - 04:32 PM

DAKKA!!! DAKKA!!! DAKKA!!!

• Beta Tester
  • 462 battles
  • [BU-LL] BU-LL

View PostShotishogo, on 04 November 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

Not so easy....omg. Look at this.

https://www.youtube....f98M2C-aI&t=89s

...if you think WoWP 2.0 is not so easy so how you could call that ?

Hardcore simulation. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users