• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

Cheaterhater #1 Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:13 PM

Testpilot

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles
  • [JFA] JFA

Hi everyone,

I think most of you know that annoying camera effect when spectating, in which the plane shakes from the left to the right all the time. This does especially happen when there was an explosion nearby when your plane was destroyed (or your plane was even destroyed in an explosion, which you can test by rocketing yourself in a training room, upon which the camera will shake constantly when spectating afterward). Disabling "camera effects" in the battle options doesn't help.

Now I've edited the XML file which I suspected to be the cause of this issue, and from my tests it seems to work so far. However, any feedback is welcome, so I would like to ask you to try it and tell me if it works for you. The XML file will only disable that annoying camera shaking, without affecting other camera effects (e. g. the shaking effect when under AA fire will still be there).

If you want to install it, simply download the XML file attached to this post and place it into "res_mods\1.3.0\scripts\db" inside your WoWP folder (if the "scripts\db" subfolder doesn't exist, create it).

Note: If you click on the file and it opens in your browser instead of prompting you to download it, the solution is to right-click the link instead and select "Save target as" (or something like this; How exactly the menu entry is called depends on your browser). Then you should be able to download it properly and save it in your mods folder.

Don't forget to submit your feedback!

Attached Files

• Attached File   camera_effects.xml   22.92K

Edited by Cheaterhater, 28 April 2014 - 04:50 PM.

RIP WoWP

Cheaterhater #2 Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:48 PM

Testpilot

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles
  • [JFA] JFA

Alright everyone, as promised, I've updated my mod :honoring:

While doing that, I've figured out two things:

1. Disabling "camera effects" in the options does exactly nothing. Not only do bugged effects like the spectator shaking issue persist, but the AA gun fire effect will also be present (as long as the conditions are met and you're actually under AA fire).
  2. The shaking spectator camera was put into the game on purpose. That's right. There's an entry in the original camera_effects.xml with the ID "SPECTATOR", which, as the name suggests, is specifically triggered when spectating. The associated effects in the file are just what you experience in game: Your camera shakes and bounces from one corner to the other all the time. So what I did was just to remove these camera effects from that entry.

Also, there shouldn't be any black screen issues with my mod anymore, so I would say that it's safe to use now. Furthermore, all other camera effects (while boosting, flying at very low or very high speeds, being under AA gun fire, etc.) will still be present - only that annoying observer shaking is gone. If there are a lot of requests, I can also upload a version which disables all camera effects. For now, however, there's only this one which disables the annoying spectator effect.

Edited by Cheaterhater, 28 April 2014 - 04:53 PM.

RIP WoWP

Euan_Huzarmy #3 Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Squadron Leader
  • 68 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS
Thanks Cheater. Not suffered the 'wobbles' since, (should keep OMG happy :wink:)

"The problem with new pilots is that their ambition far outweighs their talent." (guess I will always be a new pilot!)

Also tagged with camera, mod, shaking, 1.3, xml

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users