• This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

Ottenheimer #1 Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:32 PM

League Champion

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
  • [-JFF] -JFF

Hi there fellow pilots!

i've been thinking that i would like to help out players who feel like they are not doing good in the game.

my belief is that if bad pilots have more epic games we will see less pilots quitting the game and wowp will be more fun for all of us.

when i was new i remember thinking that heavy fighters was a silly name for em since they couldent turnfight, back then i had no idea of what boom and zoom was.

i think its very clear on the amount of people in heavy fighters going for ground targets or the amount of people who believe that ramming is an efficient way of making a difference.

we need to explain to these pilots that they can make a difference and that its way cooler to be part of the winning team than it is to only thin kof how much exp you are going to get regardless of winning or loosing.

i would like to volunteer setting up at training room on a fixed day of the week where anyone can come and ask for advice or learn how to fly planes they have trouble with.

so please post if you have something to add to this idea in terms of wanting to help yourself or any ideas of how we can teach people to become better pilots.  please have faith that this is possible. i know that some pilots have already given up on improving their game.

if you only have rage or spam please leave it for another post.  =)

jakub_czyli_ja #2 Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:42 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 5883 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

Good luck with that, for many, many reasons.

Spoiler

Marine361y #3 Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Squadron Leader
  • 3 battles
  • [DAFT] DAFT

If you need space on a TS box then please PM me, DAFT will be able to loan some slots mate.

Andy

A South African In Exile In the UK. And Remember Guy's Never Eat Yellow Snow.

D-A-F-T - For the older, wiser and grumpy pilot

Ottenheimer #4 Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:05 PM

League Champion

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
  • [-JFF] -JFF

Jakub,  i'm not Don Quixote and i'm not trying to raise myself above anyone else but i am aware that morons like you exist.

so please dont post if you have nothing constructive to add.

Ottenheimer #5 Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:07 PM

League Champion

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
  • [-JFF] -JFF

View PostMarine361y, on 13 May 2014 - 04:44 PM, said:

If you need space on a TS box then please PM me, DAFT will be able to loan some slots mate.

Andy

thanks Andy!

I think i might be able to use JFF ts server if needed. but i'm hoping that using ts wont be nessary! but we will see..

i'd rather have some help from a few DAFT guys to come on and help me help others.

Technocrat_Prime #6 Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 1323 battles
  • [JG26] JG26
The problem is, and not only in WoWP but in WoT too, that most people don't give a damn if they are good or bad. And although they would need it the most, you just cannot educate them - they do not want listen.

NON NOBIS DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED NOMINI TUO DA GLORIAM

xGyilkosx #7 Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:28 PM

Test Pilot

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [NGDOS] NGDOS

I think that it's a very good idea, I hope that many people are going to this training. As you say when you start if you don't have someone that says how to do the best things you do what you think is best and never improve your skills

+1:honoring:

Canal Twitch: www.twich.tv/xgyilkosx

Canal Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/xGyilkosx1

Ottenheimer #8 Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:31 PM

League Champion

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
  • [-JFF] -JFF

View PostTechnocrat_Prime, on 13 May 2014 - 05:17 PM, said:

The problem is, and not only in WoWP but in WoT too, that most people don't give a damn if they are good or bad. And although they would need it the most, you just cannot educate them - they do not want listen.

i'm aware of this, but i'm sure a small part of them wants to improve their game, at least i'm hoping they will

and i'm not expecting the training room to be full of players who want help but if i can even help 10 people become better then thats fine for me.

to be totally honest i'm not expecting a good response to this tread, but i want the idea out there simply because i really love this game.

the best way for anyone to improve is to watch the players in game and lure tricks off them.. but mostly people quit to hangar before their plane has even hit the ground

jakub_czyli_ja #9 Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:39 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 5883 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View PostOttenheimer, on 13 May 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:

Jakub,  i'm not Don Quixote and i'm not trying to raise myself above anyone else but i am aware that morons like you exist.

so please dont post if you have nothing constructive to add.

I don't know where you did find about raising yourself above, but since you want to discuss, here it is.

Facts are:

1. Forum is being read by a single digit percent of players, EN part - a portion of that.

2. People reading the forum are mostly above average in the game, since they know what the forum is.

If lowskills use forum, it's usually a technical question about IntZ and ResZ placed in wrong thread, and that's all.

So try to answer to yourself, who is the target of your offer here, or how are you going to find real target for your offer.

And final straw:

3. Majority of noskills don't want to learn. Simple as that.

Looking at players list when the battle ends, most players still in the battle are those, who did something.

Free frags, HP donors, rammers and GT crashers leave immediately after becoming a frag, donoring HP, ramming or crashing.

Maybe you will find someone who wants to learn, but that person would learn anyway, you will push him on the learning curve just faster. Good luck.

Ottenheimer #10 Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:46 PM

League Champion

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
  • [-JFF] -JFF

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 13 May 2014 - 05:39 PM, said:

I don't know where you did find about raising yourself above, but since you want to discuss, here it is.

Facts are:

1. Forum is being read by a single digit percent of players, EN part - a portion of that.

2. People reading the forum are mostly above average in the game, since they know what the forum is.

If lowskills use forum, it's usually a technical question about IntZ and ResZ placed in wrong thread, and that's all.

So try to answer to yourself, who is the target of your offer here, or how are you going to find real target for your offer.

And final straw:

3. Majority of noskills don't want to learn. Simple as that.

Looking at players list when the battle ends, most players still in the battle are those, who did something.

Free frags, HP donors, rammers and GT crashers leave immediately after becoming a frag, donoring HP, ramming or crashing.

Maybe you will find someone who wants to learn, but that person would learn anyway, you will push him on the learning curve just faster. Good luck.

oh boy.. i'm so happy i have you here.. actually i was warned about you always commenting on all posts with negative feedback.

just be quiet please. there i asked nicely

jakub_czyli_ja #11 Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:02 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 5883 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View PostOttenheimer, on 13 May 2014 - 04:46 PM, said:

oh boy.. i'm so happy i have you here.. actually i was warned about you always commenting on all posts with negative feedback.

just be quiet please. there i asked nicely

Or what?

And where do you see negative feedback? I only point for quite obvious obstacles, if you are able to overcome them, your initiative will have better chances for success, won't it?

Good luck with that.

Ahh, I realized another thing - first step for someone to take your offer would have to be admit, that he is a bad pilot and wants to be better, and admitting that to someone other - you.

Admitting that one sucks in something is usually hard to that one, to other person - even harder. So words used in the topic title may not be the best possible.

IIRC editing first post with more edit options allows also to edit topic title.

Ottenheimer #12 Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:09 PM

League Champion

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
  • [-JFF] -JFF

Or what?

did you actually just write that? what are you 14 years old mate?

tinco91 #13 Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:21 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles

I think that it is good idea and I would like it to work, but reality is somehow different. 

But if I can help you in any way just say the word! :honoring: 

jakub_czyli_ja #14 Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:22 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 5883 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View PostOttenheimer, on 13 May 2014 - 05:09 PM, said:

Or what?

did you actually just write that? what are you 14 years old mate?

Naah, of course not, it's just your imagination.

If you try to threat, or even try to look like threatening, just have something better than that when you are checked. I just became curious, how would it look like you would ask not nicely.

Ottenheimer #15 Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:23 PM

League Champion

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
  • [-JFF] -JFF

Thanks Tinco91 !

i'm going to try and figure out how to do this so it will actually work will keep you posted mate!

Ottenheimer #16 Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:25 PM

League Champion

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
  • [-JFF] -JFF

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 13 May 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

Naah, of course not, it's just your imagination.

If you try to threat, or even try to look like threatening, just have something better than that when you are checked. I just became curious, how would it look like you would ask not nicely.

lol mate youre funny keep trolling

Mickline #17 Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 703 battles
  • [FKISS] FKISS

Jakub, after seeing you in game, why don't you give a try at Ottenheimer class ?  You're a terrible pilot, Ottenheimer is a very good pilot, one of the best.

But you're right, harder step is to admit it. Not all hope is gone, you are actually aware of the forums.

I said it already, the difference beetween a bad and a good pilot is the will to learn, so what are you waiting to improve ?

Only last bullet matters --- Squad: 8.39 %, you ?

"Only thing which matters here is EULA - if you dont like it, you are free to stop using services provided to you by WG"

BigBadVuk, January 2015 the 23, 1:48 pm. Best thread closure ever.

No irony was involved during the making of this signature . . .

Ochiltree #18 Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 55 battles
This is a nice proactive idea.  What you need is a little buy in and support from WG to promote this, maybe via the landing page alongside all the enticements to get players onto play the game? This might even push traffic onto the forums which I'm sure would also benefit players who are not quite getting the idea of the game? 

Ottenheimer #19 Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:39 PM

League Champion

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
  • [-JFF] -JFF

View Postjohnmcaulay, on 13 May 2014 - 06:31 PM, said:

This is a nice proactive idea.  What you need is a little buy in and support from WG to promote this, maybe via the landing page alongside all the enticements to get players onto play the game? This might even push traffic onto the forums which I'm sure would also benefit players who are not quite getting the idea of the game? 

Thats a great idea! when i have a more specific plan i will try to contact wargaming and ask for support

Marine361y #20 Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Squadron Leader
  • 3 battles
  • [DAFT] DAFT

View Posttinco91, on 13 May 2014 - 05:21 PM, said:

I'll volunteer my services as well Otten, keep me informed, may even benefit from the training myself.

Andy

A South African In Exile In the UK. And Remember Guy's Never Eat Yellow Snow.

D-A-F-T - For the older, wiser and grumpy pilot

Also tagged with noob, education, help, heavyfighters, advice, beginner

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users