Jump to content


Education for bad pilots

noob education help heavyfighters advice beginner

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

Ottenheimer #21 Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:53 PM

    League Champion

  • Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
  • 142
  • [-JFF] -JFF
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013

View PostMarine361y, on 13 May 2014 - 06:40 PM, said:

I'll volunteer my services as well Otten, keep me informed, may even benefit from the training myself.

 

 

Andy


thanks Andy! ill keep you posted!



Lars1972 #22 Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:58 PM

    League Champion

  • Squadron Leader
  • 3375 battles
  • 2
  • [CGA] CGA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Right the thought of a beginners flyschool is something I have have considered myself for many reasons. One is while going through the basics now and then usally makes you better at something, and teaching others makes you more focused on the task so you dont make a complete asshat off yourself ^^, Im a decent enough pilot to be able to part with some basic tips and ideas on how to becomme a better pilot so Im also offering my help to this project. Even if it would attract a very few people at the start it will if successful attract more people over time. And it will genereate good will tward others unless they are trolls that like to provoke others because something is apparently missing in their life.....

 



Ottenheimer #23 Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:00 PM

    League Champion

  • Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
  • 142
  • [-JFF] -JFF
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013

View PostLars1972, on 13 May 2014 - 06:58 PM, said:

Right the thought of a beginners flyschool is something I have have considered myself for many reasons. One is while going through the basics now and then usally makes you better at something, and teaching others makes you more focused on the task so you dont make a complete asshat off yourself ^^, Im a decent enough pilot to be able to part with some basic tips and ideas on how to becomme a better pilot so Im also offering my help to this project. Even if it would attract a very few people at the start it will if successful attract more people over time. And it will genereate good will tward others unless they are trolls that like to provoke others because something is apparently missing in their life.....

 


very true my friend!

 

You guys dont have to be amongst the best pilots out there! if you want to help dont hesitate! i'm hoping i will learn something from all of this myself



Blondito #24 Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:21 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 1163 battles
  • 163
  • [DAFT] DAFT
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Otten m8 count me in.If I can help at all I will.Simply give me a shout.

Mickline #25 Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:22 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 704 battles
  • 448
  • [FKISS] FKISS
  • Member since:
    08-28-2013

Also, as a reminder and in case you were not aware, http://forum.worldof...205#entry343205

Maybe you could help each other, or join your ideas and efforts.


Only last bullet matters --- Squad: 8.39 %, you ?

 

"Only thing which matters here is EULA - if you dont like it, you are free to stop using services provided to you by WG"

BigBadVuk, January 2015 the 23, 1:48 pm. Best thread closure ever.

No irony was involved during the making of this signature . . .


jakub_czyli_ja #26 Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:25 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Conquest Member
  • 6119 battles
  • 9,522
  • [XII-2] XII-2
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostMickline, on 13 May 2014 - 05:27 PM, said:

Jakub, after seeing you in game, why don't you give a try at Ottenheimer class ?  You're a terrible pilot, Ottenheimer is a very good pilot, one of the best.

But you're right, harder step is to admit it. Not all hope is gone, you are actually aware of the forums.

I said it already, the difference beetween a bad and a good pilot is the will to learn, so what are you waiting to improve ?

You are soo predictable.

I'm afraid, that there are much more pilots than I who could benefit more from this offer (simple math says that if I have above 1 frag per battle, someone has to have less, same with WR greater than 50%), so it would be really selfish to take such spot.

 

And till WoWP will mean something, like if CW introduced, I don't feel much urge - I play WoWP only to catch some gold and some free exp to use if needed in my WoT account. I'll start worry when I'll stop understanding what is going on minimap.

 

Possibility to learn also depends on control method - I use almost standard mouse config, I'm old and was raised with 0/1 joystick, so if he uses analog joystick, I can't learn much from him anyway.



Mickline #27 Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:44 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 704 battles
  • 448
  • [FKISS] FKISS
  • Member since:
    08-28-2013

You should start worry, cause you don't understand what is going on in this thread, let alone the mini map.

Those derp arrows, they keep moving !


 

 


Only last bullet matters --- Squad: 8.39 %, you ?

 

"Only thing which matters here is EULA - if you dont like it, you are free to stop using services provided to you by WG"

BigBadVuk, January 2015 the 23, 1:48 pm. Best thread closure ever.

No irony was involved during the making of this signature . . .


Ottenheimer #28 Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:13 PM

    League Champion

  • Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
  • 142
  • [-JFF] -JFF
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013

View PostMickline, on 13 May 2014 - 07:22 PM, said:

Also, as a reminder and in case you were not aware, http://forum.worldof...205#entry343205

Maybe you could help each other, or join your ideas and efforts.


thanks mickline! i wasent aware, and i will contact ipaul72 to see how we can help eachother! much appreciated info



xGyilkosx #29 Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:22 PM

    Test Pilot

  • Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • 1,840
  • [NGDOS] NGDOS
  • Member since:
    02-22-2012
As says Mickline you can see that post, also you can send PM to CM from english forum or any CC from the enlish forum they sure can help and perhaps the CM can make some news in the portal like when there is a tournament or something like that, that people that don't come often to the forum can see that there will some training.

Canal Twitch: www.twich.tv/xgyilkosx

Canal Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/xGyilkosx1


King_ExtincE #30 Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:29 PM

    You mad brah?

  • Conquest Member
  • 195 battles
  • 4,062
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Nice initiative! Perhaps we'll see a decrease in GAA pilots that seem to think getting one more GT and a loss gives them more xp/credits than hiding and winning on supremacy with one target less..
                                                                  Seversky Order I Class: Awarded to a player who was the first on the server to research and purchase a tier X aircraft

Ottenheimer #31 Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:31 PM

    League Champion

  • Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
  • 142
  • [-JFF] -JFF
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013

View PostBlondito, on 13 May 2014 - 07:21 PM, said:

Otten m8 count me in.If I can help at all I will.Simply give me a shout.

thanks Blondito i will keep you posted aswell!



Marine361y #32 Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:49 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Squadron Leader
  • 3 battles
  • 468
  • [DAFT] DAFT
  • Member since:
    03-09-2012

View PostKing_ExtincE, on 13 May 2014 - 07:29 PM, said:

Nice initiative! Perhaps we'll see a decrease in GAA pilots that seem to think getting one more GT and a loss gives them more xp/credits than hiding and winning on supremacy with one target less..

 

I would have your chief executioner crucify them, all though crucifixion maybe to good for them your Majesty:great:


A South African In Exile In the UK. And Remember Guy's Never Eat Yellow Snow.

D-A-F-T - For the older, wiser and grumpy pilot

Grumpy_Guts #33 Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:06 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Conquest Member
  • 8666 battles
  • 1,003
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    08-08-2012

First and foremost I applaud and have the utmost respect for the people like yourself who are prepared to give there time and effort to help others and I for one am not ( as old as I am ) ashamed to admit I need help to master and fully contribute to battles in the best way I can.

I have played this game from closed beta and feel as the game has progressed and got better I sadly have not, it has been to easy for me to put the blame down to bad connection or poor computer parts etc. although they have helped at times.

Having played nearly some 15,000 battles some might say if you cannot play by now then ? but there is playing and There Is Playing.

I have because of this game over time made many good online friends and even joined two groups of fantastic like-minded players, and when I have been able and lucky enough to fly with them have had for the most part some good battles and spent quality time in doing so. But have felt more times than not they have helped me than I have helped them, a trend I would very much like to put on an even track. To much of the time and reason for that been down to the fact I work in retail and nights, only giving me time to really play mid week on my nights off and not able to benefit from constant and constructive weekend flying. I know a lot of good players also work nights but still manage to improve, hats off to them which in a roundabout way brings me back to your post, yes would very much appreciate and welcome any help in improving my game for myself and the benefit of all who at there peril fly with me.

                                                                                                                      Thank You.  



Marine361y #34 Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:12 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Squadron Leader
  • 3 battles
  • 468
  • [DAFT] DAFT
  • Member since:
    03-09-2012

View PostColebeanz57, on 13 May 2014 - 08:06 PM, said:

First and foremost I applaud and have the utmost respect for the people like yourself who are prepared to give there time and effort to help others and I for one am not ( as old as I am ) ashamed to admit I need help to master and fully contribute to battles in the best way I can.

I have played this game from closed beta and feel as the game has progressed and got better I sadly have not, it has been to easy for me to put the blame down to bad connection or poor computer parts etc. although they have helped at times.

Having played nearly some 15,000 battles some might say if you cannot play by now then ? but there is playing and There Is Playing.

I have because of this game over time made many good online friends and even joined two groups of fantastic like-minded players, and when I have been able and lucky enough to fly with them have had for the most part some good battles and spent quality time in doing so. But have felt more times than not they have helped me than I have helped them, a trend I would very much like to put on an even track. To much of the time and reason for that been down to the fact I work in retail and nights, only giving me time to really play mid week on my nights off and not able to benefit from constant and constructive weekend flying. I know a lot of good players also work nights but still manage to improve, hats off to them which in a roundabout way brings me back to your post, yes would very much appreciate and welcome any help in improving my game for myself and the benefit of all who at there peril fly with me.

                                                                                                                      Thank You.  

Ditto:great:

 

God darnit, Mr. Beanz, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.:honoring:


A South African In Exile In the UK. And Remember Guy's Never Eat Yellow Snow.

D-A-F-T - For the older, wiser and grumpy pilot

Grumpy_Guts #35 Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:17 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Conquest Member
  • 8666 battles
  • 1,003
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    08-08-2012

View PostMarine361y, on 13 May 2014 - 08:12 PM, said:

Ditto:great:

 

God darnit, Mr. Beanz, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.:honoring:

 

From the heart, from the heart.

 

P.S. ( Only $20, )  nice to know you have the measure of my worth, now you know why I need the help. Ha Ha 


Edited by Colebeanz57, 14 May 2014 - 07:02 AM.


Ottenheimer #36 Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:30 PM

    League Champion

  • Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
  • 142
  • [-JFF] -JFF
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013

View PostColebeanz57, on 13 May 2014 - 09:06 PM, said:

First and foremost I applaud and have the utmost respect for the people like yourself who are prepared to give there time and effort to help others and I for one am not ( as old as I am ) ashamed to admit I need help to master and fully contribute to battles in the best way I can.

I have played this game from closed beta and feel as the game has progressed and got better I sadly have not, it has been to easy for me to put the blame down to bad connection or poor computer parts etc. although they have helped at times.

Having played nearly some 15,000 battles some might say if you cannot play by now then ? but there is playing and There Is Playing.

I have because of this game over time made many good online friends and even joined two groups of fantastic like-minded players, and when I have been able and lucky enough to fly with them have had for the most part some good battles and spent quality time in doing so. But have felt more times than not they have helped me than I have helped them, a trend I would very much like to put on an even track. To much of the time and reason for that been down to the fact I work in retail and nights, only giving me time to really play mid week on my nights off and not able to benefit from constant and constructive weekend flying. I know a lot of good players also work nights but still manage to improve, hats off to them which in a roundabout way brings me back to your post, yes would very much appreciate and welcome any help in improving my game for myself and the benefit of all who at there peril fly with me.

                                                                                                                      Thank You.  

 

Thank you for those kind and very well written words! its much appriciated!

 

i'm going to see if i can make some sort of a plan of how to do this in the best way and let you all know so you can give some constructive critisim



zed22 #37 Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:33 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 409 battles
  • 406
  • [SGTA] SGTA
  • Member since:
    09-28-2012

View PostOttenheimer, on 13 May 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:


i'm aware of this, but i'm sure a small part of them wants to improve their game, at least i'm hoping they will

 

and i'm not expecting the training room to be full of players who want help but if i can even help 10 people become better then thats fine for me.

 

to be totally honest i'm not expecting a good response to this tread, but i want the idea out there simply because i really love this game.

the best way for anyone to improve is to watch the players in game and lure tricks off them.. but mostly people quit to hangar before their plane has even hit the ground

 

i support your idea and also interest to join your class if you make one :happy:

because i know the best how does it help for to people who want to learn ( student from sgta ):child:

 

View PostOttenheimer, on 13 May 2014 - 05:23 PM, said:

Thanks Tinco91 !

 

i'm going to try and figure out how to do this so it will actually work will keep you posted mate!

 

don't know if you see the example of clan that teach newbe in wot ( like SGTA and etc ) but asking them to give you  their experience on making class can give you easier time for starting:happy:

 

call me when you start it:honoring:



tinco91 #38 Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:55 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
  • 721
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postzed22, on 13 May 2014 - 10:33 PM, said:

don't know if you see the example of clan that teach newbe in wot ( like SGTA and etc ) but asking them to give you  their experience on making class can give you easier time for starting:happy:

 

I really like that CLAN for newbies idea. But  I don't think that forum members can do all heavy lifting. WG needs to do sometning as well. Motivate people to join that clan, like rewards and similar (like if people complete basic course they get free premium tier 2 plane or some gold for like 3 days of premium account). And every week there should be some courses and who ever attends (new players of course) can get some  sort of reward! 


Edited by tinco91, 13 May 2014 - 08:59 PM.


Ottenheimer #39 Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:23 PM

    League Champion

  • Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
  • 142
  • [-JFF] -JFF
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013

View Postzed22, on 13 May 2014 - 10:33 PM, said:

 

i support your idea and also interest to join your class if you make one :happy:

because i know the best how does it help for to people who want to learn ( student from sgta ):child:

 

 

don't know if you see the example of clan that teach newbe in wot ( like SGTA and etc ) but asking them to give you  their experience on making class can give you easier time for starting:happy:

 

call me when you start it:honoring:

 

View Posttinco91, on 13 May 2014 - 10:55 PM, said:

 

I really like that CLAN for newbies idea. But  I don't think that forum members can do all heavy lifting. WG needs to do sometning as well. Motivate people to join that clan, like rewards and similar (like if people complete basic course they get free premium tier 2 plane or some gold for like 3 days of premium account). And every week there should be some courses and who ever attends (new players of course) can get some  sort of reward! 

 

Zed22 thats awesome! great to hear from someone who want to improve! i'm sure alot of the positive guys here will give you advice just from hearing that you want it!

 

I think a clan for newbies is a great idea, although i must agree with Tinco91 that we cant do all the heavy lifting.

 

im not sure if a reward system would work but it definatly worth a try if WG was insterested in helping.

personally i dont have the time to start a clan based only on training beginners, clans are hard work!

 

 



Ochiltree #40 Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:32 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 55 battles
  • 152
  • Member since:
    11-28-2012

Having been musing this issue in my head as I've been getting blown out of the sky this evening (plenty of time spiraling down to earth to reflect), I was thinking, could some expansion on the training missions be a potential contribution from WG linking back into the OP's proposal?  My initial feeling is that there may be a lack of ideas beyond dog-fighting, hitting ground targets etc for WG to build on?  

 

I thought a "Flight" mission i.e. having to team up to take down a BOT in training, say one causes the 40% damage then the wing man pulls in to finish it off?  Very simplistic but backed with a small reward as per the previous training missions, it might get people thinking.  Then as I mentioned earlier, it can be linked back into the OP's proposal, which hopefully in turn would build interest? 







Also tagged with noob, education, help, heavyfighters, advice, beginner

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users