Bf 109 F/G underwing gun pods

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Ektor72 #41 Posted 07 November 2015 - 03:06 PM

Senior Airman

• 7474 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

They are a strong line of aircraft which had it's potential stripped by removing its options of paying style, by removing his guns. The G its the single Tier 7 fighter with the worst firepower in its tier and as i noted this is not a maneuvering fighter its a dynamic one, which supposed to rely in its speed and firepower.

Previously when this was an all human game i was also lightening several fighters to gain speed and maneuverability so to be able to stay in the tail of my opponent, the BF109's all tiers included.

Ever since the introduction of bots i have switched back to the maximum firepower in every single one since as i said before you need to be able to take the bots out fast otherwise they start the same annoying pattern of canopy rolls, diving and taking you down to their base. If you choose to let them they just coming back for you fast and then you have them in your tail. With their current armament in Tier 6 - 8 battles you can spent up to 2-3 min sometimes even more trying to kill a bot which is plain crap! This never happened with a human player opponent before.

And in any case as i said from the start what is the complex against this particular aircraft? Everybody has the right to play it and its fair for all. We should have the option to chose the way we want to play and not this to be dictated to us. Why is this option taken? And it is not as there are not other similar planes in the same role (like the I-210, I-220 etc) planes which were only existed in paper (!) who boast the same and even better qualities but nobody complains about them?

The 109's existed in reality, they had this option of external guns available to their pilots, they had this option open to us players in this very game at the start and for reasons never explained (other than the complains of people who like to fly circles in ground level) had this option taken from us and remained the most under-armed fighters in the tiers 6 and 7 (especially 7) which does not make justice  not to the plane and not to the players choosing to play with it.

Anyone is entitled in his own preference the best it suits him. All i am asking is the right to have this preference!

jakub_czyli_ja #42 Posted 07 November 2015 - 11:06 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 19051 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

Having Ta 152 and flying with 3x30 shows that hitting enemy plan is possible - the trick is to aim carefully and shot from a bit closer distance than circle appears, not just pushing trigger when circle is visible.

There are few other planes that for balance sake don't have their historical armament available - there was version of P-51 armed with 4x20mm cannons, I heard that it was available in beta version, removed after.

Every Spitfire model available in WoWP had a version armed with 4x20mm cannons while such configuration is available at tier VIII.

So 109 line is not  an exception, and pods have been removed (and hull armament buffed) along with LaGG-3 strip, most probably to reduce confusion among players that considered modules at the ends of development lines to be the very bestest.

Clear cache/Skasuj cache: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%TEMP%\wargaming.net\wowp\cache"

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

djak2103 #43 Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:52 PM

Airman Basic

• 144 battles
:P

Slezman #44 Posted 31 December 2015 - 08:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Squadron Leader
  • 6699 battles
  • [TZX] TZX
and K still has wrong model

WoWP collection:Dornier Do-17 Z-7 *** Focke-Wulf Fw-56, Fw-159, Fw-190 A-1, A-5, A-8, D-11, Ta-152, Ta-183, Fw-252 *** Heinkel He-112 *** Messerschmitt Bf-109 B, E, F, G; Me-209V, Me-209A, Me P.1092, Bf-110 C-6, Bf-110 E, Me-410, Bf-109 Z, Me-262, Me-262 HG II, Me-262 HG III *** Bell P-39Q-15 *** Boeing YP-29 *** Curtiss XP-31, P-36, Model 81 A-1, P-40 M-105, Tomahawk IIb, P-40 *** Grumman XF4F-3, F7F *** Republic P-47 B , P-47 N Thunderbolt *** Lockheed P-38F, J *** North American P-51 A, D, H *** Vought X4FU-1 *** Gloster Meteor I *** Hawker Hurricane IID *** Supermarine Spitfire I, V, IX, XIV *** Ilyushin BSh-2, Il-2 (t.s.) *** Mikoyan-Gurewich Mig-3, I-210, I-220 <<< Joystick user (Logitech Extreme 3D Pro) >>>

WoT  - Kampfgruppe Jochen collection: Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. H, Pz.Kpfw. V Panther, Pz.Kpfw. VI Tiger, Pz.Kpfw. VI Tiger Ausf. B, Sd.Kfz.138/1 Ausf. M Grille.

Other WoT tanks: LT vz. 35, LT vz. 38, ST vz. 39, Pz.Kpfw. 35 (t), Pz.Kpfw. 38 (t), Pz.Kpfw. II D, Pz.Kpfw. III, Jagdpanzer 38 Hetzer, Jagdpanzer V Jagdpanther, StuG III G, Sd.Kfz.124 Wespe, T-34

WoWS Aurora, Nürnberg, Admiral Graf Spee, Yorck, Admiral Hipper, Prinz Eugen, Roon, Hindenburg, Scharnhorst, Bayern, Gneisenau, Bismarck, Tirpitz, Friedrich der Große, Großer Kurfürst, Leberecht Maass, HMS Warspite, HMS Cambeltown, HMS Leander, Texas, Sims.

Jean_Bart #45 Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4411 battles
[edited]

Edited by Neilloss46, 24 February 2016 - 04:37 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. Neilloss46

Blood_Crow #46 Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:29 PM

Airman Basic

• 14490 battles
  • [DITO] DITO

Actualy in this game the BF 109's aren't event 50% as good as they where in war...

The BF had the same maneuvrability as the Spit...the only difference was the engine, the germans used a injenction engine and the spit a carburator....and in very step dives or very tight turns the spit wasn't fueled propriely as the gas moved in the carburator.

only in our game was necesary to remove the wing guns to match them(SPit, P 51)...in reality was a different thing.

The allies won only for their high numbers sometimes 5 vs 1.

Gufo_Tave #47 Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:17 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 12840 battles

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 07 November 2015 - 11:06 PM, said:

Having Ta 152 and flying with 3x30 shows that hitting enemy plan is possible - the trick is to aim carefully and shot from a bit closer distance than circle appears, not just pushing trigger when circle is visible.

There are few other planes that for balance sake don't have their historical armament available - there was version of P-51 armed with 4x20mm cannons, I heard that it was available in beta version, removed after.

Every Spitfire model available in WoWP had a version armed with 4x20mm cannons while such configuration is available at tier VIII.

So 109 line is not  an exception, and pods have been removed (and hull armament buffed) along with LaGG-3 strip, most probably to reduce confusion among players that considered modules at the ends of development lines to be the very bestest.

Do you mean the Mustang IA? I got it...

In engineering, could exist not-optimal solution, but ridiculus ones... never
In most cases, the right question is not "why?".  In most cases, the right question is "why not?".
A ridiculous decision is the madness of a moment. A ridiculous person is the madness of a life.

jakub_czyli_ja #48 Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:29 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 19051 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View PostGufo_Tave, on 09 July 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

Do you mean the Mustang IA? I got it...

Yeah. During a year and a half since that post WG brought Mustang IA back.

And looking at stats from last 2 weeks, it's pretty decent machine.

Clear cache/Skasuj cache: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%TEMP%\wargaming.net\wowp\cache"

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

omglaserspewpew #49 Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:53 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 12975 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27
It's a great noob and bot stomper at tier 6 due to powerful cannons, which can make a difference early in the game if you properly yolo. Good human opponents will wipe the floor with you if they focus you, though, because the flying capabilities are average. For all accounts and purposes, it's a T6 corsair with worse flying performance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users