OK, HUH?

MM Low Tier 209A

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Medvirk #1 Posted 17 November 2014 - 01:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles

Does MM hate my 209A or me personally, or a combination of both? I bought the plane a few days ago and due to the beauty of the German tech trees I only had to research the airframe. I also just so happened to have a pilot with 2 skills lounging around my airfield, ogling the secretaries & making a general nuisance of himself, so I stuck his bum behind in the plane & off we went! I have had 18 battles in the plane so far & about 14 of them have been like so:

I would draw you attention to the MM (plane composition). 1 Tier VIII on each side, then all Tier VII... Some sealclubber doofuses out there might be thrilled when presented with a match like this, but I drive that plane to fight Tier VIII & maybe the OCCASIONAL Tier VII or maybe some Tier IX, that wouldn't suck rotten eggs either... Crucial part being OCCASIONAL Tier VII battles, not OCCASIONAL Tier VIII or IX...

Whenever I wind up in a match like this I spend most of the time hunting the other team's Tier VIII, kinda like I did here, only took the occasional pot-shot at the Tier VII's (though it must be admitted the DOGE guys did a nice job massacring the enemy team, GG GUYS!!!). Dunno about you guys, but sealclubbing might be fun once in a while, when I'm really pissed & I just wanna cause someone pain. But on the whole, stuff like this is boring... Especially when the opposing Tier VIII dies as easily as this dude did...

So again... Does MM not like me or something? What gives? Any of you other guys having similar issues?

Edited by Medvirk, 17 November 2014 - 01:55 PM.

Stay out of clouds. The silver lining everyone keeps talking about might be another airplane going in the opposite direction.  Reliable sources also report that mountains have been known to hide in clouds.

chib1977 #2 Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Was that 262 on the other team me perchance ? ,i had some of the worst games ever over the weekend ,like when you start to think everyone is out to get you..............

Hanszeehock #3 Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:41 PM

First Lieutenant

• Squadron Leader
  • 1 battle
  • [COSTS] COSTS
This is a strange thing about the 1.6 MM. If you fly alone you are more likely to be one of a few or the only high tier in a battle. But I would hardly cally T8 vs T7 'seal clubbing'. Remember the bad old days when it was T9 vs T7 ? I thought so! A good player in an OP T7 plane should be able to take down a T8. So in your situation I would simply play my normal game. If the DFA flight had been on the other team I very much doubt your team would have won.

Medvirk #4 Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles

View Postchib1977, on 17 November 2014 - 04:38 PM, said:

Was that 262 on the other team me perchance ? ,i had some of the worst games ever over the weekend ,like when you start to think everyone is out to get you..............

Don't think so, you can see the name of the guy... And the battle happened not 10-15 minutes before I started the thread.

View PostHanszeehock, on 17 November 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

This is a strange thing about the 1.6 MM. If you fly alone you are more likely to be one of a few or the only high tier in a battle. But I would hardly cally T8 vs T7 'seal clubbing'. Remember the bad old days when it was T9 vs T7 ? I thought so! A good player in an OP T7 plane should be able to take down a T8. So in your situation I would simply play my normal game. If the DFA flight had been on the other team I very much doubt your team would have won.

All valid points, but what bugs me is that about 4/5 battles in this plane are like this... Not so with the Ta 152, Me 262 or IL-20... With those three it happens occasionally, but not predominantly as it does with the 209A... For some reason, statistically speaking, MM has singled my Me 209 A for lower tier battles & I don't like it one bit...
Stay out of clouds. The silver lining everyone keeps talking about might be another airplane going in the opposite direction.  Reliable sources also report that mountains have been known to hide in clouds.

PN8 #5 Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:47 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

Seriously? We're playing T7 and you call us sealclubbers?

And what's wrong about the match making? If you're the only T8 in the team, it's a great mm for you. I definitely wouldn't be so mad...

EDIT: Basically, this kind of mm (less toptiers, more lowtiers - I don't mean only one toptier but lets say, 5 toptiers, 10 lowtiers) is the best for everybody in the battle. Lower tiers have a good change to be useful in this kind of battles.

Edited by PN8, 17 November 2014 - 03:50 PM.

jeff_peters #6 Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:21 PM

Wicked

• Conquest Member
  • 164 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostPN8, on 17 November 2014 - 04:47 PM, said:

And what's wrong about the match making? If you're the only T8 in the team, it's a great mm for you. I definitely wouldn't be so mad...

EDIT: Basically, this kind of mm (less toptiers, more lowtiers - I don't mean only one toptier but lets say, 5 toptiers, 10 lowtiers) is the best for everybody in the battle. Lower tiers have a good change to be useful in this kind of battles.

I don't think he called us seal clubbers. From what I understand, he means that playing against lower tiers feels like seal clubbing. But you are right about the second part - a bunch of tier 7's can deal with 1 or 2 tier 8's. If the majority is tier 8, tier 7 planes are mostly useless.

DfA cannon fodder

Necropsittacus #7 Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:23 PM

Testpilot

• Community Contributor
  • 0 battles
  • [JFA] JFA

View PostPN8, on 17 November 2014 - 04:47 PM, said:

He is saying that always being the only top tier gets boring, unless this toptier is a notorious sealclubber. Nothing mentioned about you... or did I miss out sth?

Death from Above Member

HansGriger #8 Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:42 PM

League Champion

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles
  • [JFA] JFA

View PostMedvirk, on 17 November 2014 - 02:46 PM, said:

Does MM hate my 209A or me personally, or a combination of both? I bought the plane a few days ago and due to the beauty of the German tech trees I only had to research the airframe. I also just so happened to have a pilot with 2 skills lounging around my airfield, ogling the secretaries & making a general nuisance of himself, so I stuck his bum behind in the plane & off we went! I have had 18 battles in the plane so far & about 14 of them have been like so:

I would draw you attention to the MM (plane composition). 1 Tier VIII on each side, then all Tier VII... Some sealclubber doofuses out there might be thrilled when presented with a match like this, but I drive that plane to fight Tier VIII & maybe the OCCASIONAL Tier VII or maybe some Tier IX, that wouldn't suck rotten eggs either... Crucial part being OCCASIONAL Tier VII battles, not OCCASIONAL Tier VIII or IX...

Whenever I wind up in a match like this I spend most of the time hunting the other team's Tier VIII, kinda like I did here, only took the occasional pot-shot at the Tier VII's (though it must be admitted the DOGE guys did a nice job massacring the enemy team, GG GUYS!!!). Dunno about you guys, but sealclubbing might be fun once in a while, when I'm really pissed & I just wanna cause someone pain. But on the whole, stuff like this is boring... Especially when the opposing Tier VIII dies as easily as this dude did...

So again... Does MM not like me or something? What gives? Any of you other guys having similar issues?

I cant claim to know for sure since i never counted but to me it looks like the trend is the opposite.

Whenever i go solo in my experience im more likely to be low tier

Whenever i go in flights in my experience im more likely to be top tier

PN8 #9 Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:47 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostMedvirk, on 17 November 2014 - 02:46 PM, said:

DOGE guys did a nice job massacring the enemy team, GG GUYS!!!). Dunno about you guys, but sealclubbing might be fun once in a while

Ah OK then, I felt like this part was pointed against us. Sorry Medvirk, my bad.:hiding:

Medvirk #10 Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles

View PostPN8, on 17 November 2014 - 06:47 PM, said:

Ah OK then, I felt like this part was pointed against us. Sorry Medvirk, my bad.:hiding:

No problem dude, it's easy to misunderstand, I should have phrased it differently.

_Stealth_Hunter_ #11 Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:06 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 53 battles
Had something similar today.

Sole Tier VII on my team in the A7M. Felt like shooting fish in a barrel...:trollface:

#BotLivesMatter

Old signature now in accordance to standards passed by our new robotic overlords

Herr_Messerschmitt #12 Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:37 PM

Senior Airman

• 1 battle

I stopped playing because of the MM. 

You wait 5 minutes in the queue to get your La-9 paired up with two other La-9's against three Me 209's (rest is lowtier). Maybe it's just me but I kept getting matches like this on a regular basis. 

MM killed almost all the love I had for this wonderful game :sad:

Hanszeehock #13 Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:10 PM

First Lieutenant

• Squadron Leader
  • 1 battle
  • [COSTS] COSTS

View PostHerr_Messerschmitt, on 18 November 2014 - 01:37 PM, said:

I stopped playing because of the MM. 

You wait 5 minutes in the queue to get your La-9 paired up with two other La-9's against three Me 209's (rest is lowtier). Maybe it's just me but I kept getting matches like this on a regular basis. 

MM killed almost all the love I had for this wonderful game :sad:

Trouble was there were three dullards flying around yesterday in a flight and all in 209As. Felt good to beat them.

Medvirk #14 Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles
OK, I think I figured this out... Just bought a Ta 183 and a Spit XIV and it's doing the same thing with those 2... Looks like some kinda noob protection or something... Now the "HUH?" is why it didn't do the same thing with the IL-20 & Me 262... Sometimes the intellectual inconsistency this game displays is truly mind-staggering...

Also tagged with MM, Low Tier, 209A

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users