December Competitions December Contest Competition

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Shepbur #1 Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:38 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS

Welcome back for the 2nd weekend contest of the holidays! Again, a big thanks to Wargaming Europe for donating all prizes available in these weekend contests as part of their holiday celebrations, as well as helping develop and set-up the ideas for these contests!

This weeks prizes are similar to last weeks, so there's still everything to play for and nothing to lose to get a hold of some of these great rewards! Additionally this week, along with the chance to win gold, premium account time, and rare gift aircraft, there's a grand prize of a chance to win World of Warships Access! You can read more about this grand prize later in this post to know how you can get your hands on it!

1st Prize    700 Gold2 Days of PremiumKi-5TsKB-12BisChance to Win WoWs access!

2nd Prize   - 700 Gold2 Days of PremiumKi-5TsKB-12Bis

3rd Prize    - 600 GoldDays of PremiumKi-5

4th Prize    - 500 GoldDays of PremiumKi-5

5th Prize    - 400 Gold1 Days of Premium

6th Prize    350 Gold1 Days of Premium

7th Prize    - 300 Gold

8th Prize    - 250 Gold

9th Prize    - 200 Gold

This weekend competition is all about pilot skill and aerial prowess, you will need to push limits and become one with your aircraft to complete this challenge, and as a result you will be given a few more days to complete your task! Those of you who remember the older Follow the Leader competitions will feel right at home this week as you're asked to complete a course as quickly as possible in a Bristol Bulldog around the Winter War map! The fastest pilot across the finish line will be declared the victor with slower entries being given their relevant positions in the line up!

Course Checkpoints

Click to take you to the Competition Entries Thread

So what do you need to add to your post to enter?

In your post you must add either a youtube link of you completing the course in the fastest time you can, or a download link of the replay of your fastest lap. Additionally please add to your post the time you recorded in your lap between the start and finish points. If you are adding a youtube link to your successful entry, please make sure that the video is in a reasonably high quality (780p minimum) and the speed of the replay is a 1x speed. This is to allow me to check times and names if required to your video. For those of you not wishing to create a youtube video of your entry, you can attach a link to your replay in the post. The forums can occasionally not like the replay files being attached, so a simple alternative is to upload them onto a free file hosting site such as Mediafire.com before copying the download link across into your post. 

Unsuccessful entries

Unsuccessful entries are allowed into this competition, and will be judged only if there are fewer than 10 successful entries. Unsuccessful entries will be ranked from most-least complete course. If a two unsuccessful entries crash at the same point of the course the entry with the faster time will take the higher position. Unsuccessful entries will only be able to achieve 5th place at most.

Rules of the Competition

• The entry must be added to the Competition Entries Thread before 16.12.14  23:59CET.
  • The pilot visible in the entry must be the same user as the poster.
  • The aircraft used must be a Tier 2 Bristol Bulldog.
  • Only 1 entry per player will be considered for judging. This will be the players most recent entry to the contest.
  • A successful entry must complete all 8 checkpoints in the correct order in the replay attached to the entry.

Click to take you to the Competition Entries Thread

Your chance to become a Captain on the High Seas!

Players who win a chance to gain World of Warships Access will be invited to a training room battle with some of the Wargaming EU staff to fight for their prize! Upon defeating the Wargaming team, the victors will be given the ability* to become a World of Warships Tester (as well as bragging rights!). This training room battle will be organised through a PM with the community team and the winning Player/Players. The battle will also be used for various screenshots, and maybe even a video for the rest of the community to watch and enjoy at a later date. The format of the battles, winners of the prizes, as well as the battle results and a few of the most interesting screenshots will be posted up on a separate thread closer to the first battles date to update you all on how the winners are doing!

* - Players will still be required to complete and sign the World of Warships Non-Disclosure Agreement in order to become a World of Warships Tester.

Good luck in the skies and fly safe!

Edited by Shepbur, 12 December 2014 - 04:57 PM.

It doesn't take skill to fly, it takes skill to not make mistakes.

Shepbur #2 Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:41 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS

FAQ

Q. When can i expect to see next weekends contest to be posted up on the forums for me to read?

A. Unfortunately, i'm away this coming week until the Friday afternoon/evening, so the competition will have to be put up late that day.

Q. When will this weekends winners be announced?

A. Due to my absence over this week, i will be unable to judge the competition until next weekend at the earliest, however i am planning to judge and announce both this competition, and the 3rd weeks competition at the same time. For those waiting for the results of the "Don't make fun of the little guy!" competition, i plan to judge these as soon as i can, and the results will arrive before this competition's results do.

Q. I live in the UK, how do i know what time the competition stops?

A. All the competition entry dates are stated in CET time. This is Central European Time or GMT+1. So just read the times an hour earlier than are stated and you should be fine. I have done my best to give as much lee-way on the deadlines as possible so if you're playing up into the night you can still finish what you're doing before posting your entry and going off to sleep! Additionally, i will accept ingame battles which take place within your local time period. Essentially, if your ingame clock is on-time, then your entry will be valid.

Q. Are all the weekend contests going to have similar requirements?

A. Yes and no, while they may require the use of similar aircraft, the competitions themselves are designed to test different aspects of your skill. This may mean that future competitions may take a little longer for you to complete, however i have tried my best to design the competitions to include give a chance for all kinds of players from casual weekend players to the more hardcore "dedicated" players who can put in a few more hours into the game than others, but still give an equal platform for all players to compete on.

Q. Are there any other ways to get my hands on the gift aircraft besides taking part in these competitions?

A. The simple and safe answer is: I don't know.  Sorry if that's not helpful, however as the prizes have been donated by Wargaming Europe, with them having many other plans for events all across WoWp over the holidays, i can't really say a definite "yes" or "no" to the question. As far as i am aware (which is no more than the rest of you!), these gift aircraft are only available through winning via a competition of some kind which is sponsored by Wargaming Europe. Personally, i highly doubt that these aircraft will go on general sale in the gift shop or ingame, however you should never say never!

Q. What will happen if i miss the deadline for my entry by a few minutes?

A. I'm afraid that such an entry will have to be ignored when the competition judging takes place. This is simply to avoid any future conflicts with the rules, and sticking strictly to them is the easiest way to make the competition fair for everyone involved.

Q. Are the prizes going to be the same each week?

A. No, not entirely, although they will continue to give away gold and premium time, the amounts will be varying slightly, as well as a few extra prizes finding their way in as the weeks go on!

Edited by Shepbur, 12 December 2014 - 04:47 PM.

Slauter #3 Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
Not saying rewards are bad, but compared to old FTL this is a joke, right?

professional stat-padder 101% WR 8888 kills / death 

always in a platoon of OP planes 
died once when my internet connection crashed
obviously best player ever be very afraid

Shepbur #4 Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:50 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS

View PostSlauter, on 12 December 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Not saying rewards are bad, but compared to old FTL this is a joke, right?

Maybe, however this isn't FTL... this is part of the December Weekend Contests ;) If there was more available i'd give it out :)

Plus... pretty sure FTL never gave you a chance to get premium gift aircraft :P

The reason why it's named "FTL" is because more people recognise that name for this kind of contest, over BAAR (which i'm pretty sure only like 4 people remember >.<). However if you'd rather think of it as a highly updated and upgraded BAAR with much better prizes, you're free to do so :)

Edited by Shepbur, 12 December 2014 - 04:52 PM.

PN8 #5 Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:53 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

Shepbur, Shepbur, Shepbur!!!!!:great:

Great job, mate, you really are the one who keeps this community alive:honoring:

Necropsittacus #6 Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:54 PM

Testpilot

• Community Contributor
  • 0 battles
  • [JFA] JFA
Can replay files be uploaded directly to the forum in the form of a .zip archive? 
EDIT: I know they can, but I mean... do they present valid entries?

Edited by Necropsittacus, 12 December 2014 - 04:55 PM.

Death from Above Member

Shepbur #7 Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:58 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS

Yes, :P as long as there's something there which can have the replay file moved from (even if you upload it as an exe and i have to change it to .replay) it's all good :)

Edit: remember you don't have to rush so much for this one, you have until the end of Tuesday to get your entries in :)

Edited by Shepbur, 12 December 2014 - 04:59 PM.

AwesomeZebra #8 Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
  • [Z-BRA] Z-BRA

Who cares if the rewards aren't superawesome. I for once think this is a nice competition and the little gold is only like a bonus, if you do well.

Thanks Shep for taking the time to do these little events!

Don't care really about stats, but this looks fancy as flip.

Visit https://stats-sig.eu for yours.

. .

Raficoo #9 Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:51 PM

League Champion

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-JFF] -JFF
Ah reminds me of the good ol' days!:rolleyes:
Wish I could participate just to relive the feeling of the contest, sadly I've got exams coming up and the day they end is the same the competition ends(maybe I could try it then)
Thanks Shep for hosting this! and good luck to all those attempt it!:great:

NyronGT #10 Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 51 battles
Nice, nostalgic event.

Shepbur #11 Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:56 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS

A few apologies for the video's quality... i tried filming in higher quality, but my computer was having none of it for some reason... so i was basically on minimum graphics for the whole recording...

Also, hopefully the course is interesting enough and easy enough for you to push a fast time out of it... it was pretty much a "go into a training room and just record the first thing you think of" :P

darsen_lans #12 Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 32 battles
też mi propozycja mogę zatrzymać sobie konto-ważywko jeśli uratuje to drugie tylko w demko nie da się grać

Edited by darsen_lans, 13 December 2014 - 08:13 PM.

mój najlepszy raport http://board.pl.ogam...wanted-8119-55/

F105PolishGlider #13 Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 589 battles

Hi

Nice event.

Edited by kolega26, 16 December 2014 - 08:57 AM.

Necropsittacus #14 Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:33 PM

Testpilot

• Community Contributor
  • 0 battles
  • [JFA] JFA

View Postkolega26, on 16 December 2014 - 12:38 AM, said:

Hi

Nice event.

Hehe... was just about to say where you have to post your entry, but apparently you found out ;)

Would like to give this contest a try, but training rooms are deadly bugged right now. I can open a training room, but cannot enter it. Then I can leave training mode, re-enter, and I will see my own training room on the list! I can then join this room, but as soon as I try adding bots, it will "load" infinitely and the only thing I can do is Alt+F4. :angry:

Let's see if clearing the cache does something about it. EDIT: Seems to work now...

Edited by Necropsittacus, 16 December 2014 - 01:41 PM.

Death from Above Member

F105PolishGlider #15 Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 589 battles
We have a new contest.
And when the results of the competition Follow the Leader Holiday Special ??

Edited by kolega26, 19 December 2014 - 12:05 PM.

Shepbur #16 Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:11 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS

View PostShepbur, on 12 December 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

Q. When will this weekends winners be announced?

A. Due to my absence over this week, i will be unable to judge the competition until next weekend at the earliest, however i am planning to judge and announce both this competition, and the 3rd weeks competition at the same time. For those waiting for the results of the "Don't make fun of the little guy!" competition, i plan to judge these as soon as i can, and the results will arrive before this competition's results do.

:P Also,  check the latest FAQ on the experience hunters competition too for a short (although currently slightly poorly informed) update on that issue >.<

F105PolishGlider #17 Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 589 battles
:facepalm::trollface: thanks

Also tagged with December Competitions, December, Contest, Competition

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users