December Contests December Competition Contest

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Shepbur #1 Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:39 AM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS

Welcome back for the 3rd weekend contest! These contests have been made possible thanks to Wargaming Europe who have donated all the prizes available for you to win this week! This week brings even more chances to all of you to get a hold of some gold, premium time, and even rare gift aircraft! This week gives you two chances to obtain World of Warships alpha access! You can read more about this grand prize later in this post so you know how to get your hands on it!

Let's take a look at what's up for grabs in this weekends contest!

1st Prize    - 700 Gold2 Days of PremiumKi-5TsKB-12BisChance to Win WoWs access!

2nd Prize   - 600 Gold2 Days of PremiumKi-5TsKB-12BisChance to Win WoWs access!

3rd Prize    - 500 Gold1 Days of PremiumKi-5

4th Prize    - 45Gold1 Days of PremiumKi-5

5th Prize    - 400 Gold, 1 Days of PremiumKi-5

6th Prize    350 Gold, 1 Days of Premium

7th Prize    - 300 Gold1 Days of Premium

8th Prize    - 250 Gold

9th Prize    - 200 Gold

If knowledge is power, then experience must be an empire, and this weekends contest is all about experience! Your goal is to achieve the most experience you can in a single battle in a tier 6 light or multi-role fighter! Experienced earnt in battles will be judged by base experience - this means that everyone is on a level airstrip so to speak as no premium bonus or other mission bonuses will be applied to the experience which is being judged. The pilot who achieved the most experience in a single battle by the end of the weekend will be crowned as the victor, with other pilots being ranked accordingly.

Click to take you to the Competition Entries Thread

So what do you need to add to your post to enter?

Having completed your battle, you will need to attach two images to your post, the first image will need to show the victory screen from the after-battle report, as well as this image, you will need to add an image of the team-panel in the after-battle report.

Rules of the Competition

• The battle must take place between   20.12.14  00:01   -   21.12.14  23:59 to be valid.
  • The battle type must be a Random Battle against other players.
  • The battle must have a minimum of 6 players on each team for the entry to count.
  • The aircraft flown must be a Tier 6 Light Fighter, or a Tier 6 Multi-role Fighter.
  • In the event of a draw, positions will be determined by total damage dealt.
  • Only 1 entry per player will be considered for judging. This will be the players most recent entry to the contest.
  • Entries may be added and edited up until  22.12.14  09:00CET.

Click to take you to the Competition Entries Thread

Your chance to become a Captain on the High Seas!

Players who win a chance to gain World of Warships Alpha access will be invited to a training room battle with some of the Wargaming EU staff to fight for their prize! Upon defeating the Wargaming team, the victors will be given the ability* to become a World of Warships Alpha Tester (as well as bragging rights!). This training room battle will be organised through a PM with the community team and the winning Player/Players. The battle will also be used for various screenshots, and maybe even a video for the rest of the community to watch and enjoy at a later date. The format of the battles, winners of the prizes, as well as the battle results and a few of the most interesting screenshots will be posted up on a separate thread closer to the first battles date to update you all on how the winners are doing!

* - Players will still be required to complete and sign the World of Warships Non-Disclosure Agreement in order to become a World of Warships Alpha Tester.

Good luck, and Happy Hunting!

It doesn't take skill to fly, it takes skill to not make mistakes.

Shepbur #2 Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:39 AM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS

FAQ

Q. When can i expect to see next weekends contest to be posted up on the forums for me to read?

A. The next competition will be going up around Thursday/Friday evening for you to read up on and prepare yourself for it!

Q. When will this weekends winners be announced?

A. I'm back from holiday now, and so i'll be trying to get round to judging all competitions which have been completed so far, i hope to have some, if not all the competitions judged by Wednesday/Thursday, however i am unsure on exactly when i'll be able to get access to the entries to judge them. I will try my best to get the competitions judged as soon as possible however, and will keep you all posted when i've got access to the entries and have began judging them.

Q. I live in the UK, how do i know what time the competition stops?

A. All the competition entry dates are stated in CET time. This is Central European Time or GMT+1. So just read the times an hour earlier than are stated and you should be fine. I have done my best to give as much lee-way on the deadlines as possible so if you're playing up into the night you can still finish what you're doing before posting your entry and going off to sleep! Additionally, i will accept ingame battles which take place within your local time period. Essentially, if your ingame clock is on-time, then your entry will be valid.

Q. Are all the weekend contests going to have similar requirements?

A. Yes and no, while they may require the use of similar aircraft, the competitions themselves are designed to test different aspects of your skill. This may mean that future competitions may take a little longer for you to complete, however i have tried my best to design the competitions to include give a chance for all kinds of players from casual weekend players to the more hardcore "dedicated" players who can put in a few more hours into the game than others, but still give an equal platform for all players to compete on.

Q. Are there any other ways to get my hands on the gift aircraft besides taking part in these competitions?

A. The simple and safe answer is: I don't know.  Sorry if that's not helpful, however as the prizes have been donated by Wargaming Europe, with them having many other plans for events all across WoWp over the holidays, i can't really say a definite "yes" or "no" to the question. As far as i am aware (which is no more than the rest of you!), these gift aircraft are only available through winning via a competition of some kind which is sponsored by Wargaming Europe. Personally, i highly doubt that these aircraft will go on general sale in the gift shop or ingame, however you should never say never!

Q. What will happen if i miss the deadline for my entry by a few minutes?

A. I'm afraid that such an entry will have to be ignored when the competition judging takes place. This is simply to avoid any future conflicts with the rules, and sticking strictly to them is the easiest way to make the competition fair for everyone involved.

Q. Are the prizes going to be the same each week?

A. No, not entirely, although they will continue to give away gold and premium time, the amounts will be varying slightly, as well as a few extra prizes finding their way in as the weeks go on!

Edited by Shepbur, 19 December 2014 - 11:43 AM.

Shepbur #3 Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:43 AM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS
Bump :P Just incase it was hidden beneath other topics :P

eekeeboo #4 Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:10 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4600 battles

Looks like i might be entry number 1 for now! unless you've hidden replies! 

Victory Screen

Spoiler

Team Battle Screen

Spoiler

Edited by eekeeboo, 21 December 2014 - 11:17 PM.

Shepbur #5 Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:16 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS

http://forum.worldof...ontest-entries/

Is the entries thread :P

Greyshark #6 Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:18 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 1 battle
  • [JFA] JFA
It's too late for entires, isn't it?

FTR gems: "In WoT gameplay, you can pretty much go and at least deal some damage, make yourself be known, fight and earn your kills and skills. In WoWp, its all RNG, your ping dictates if a shower of bullets hits or not."

" The companion AI autoaim is a mess, 80% of the time you are on a bomber, you’ll miss the target"

Shepbur #7 Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:19 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS
Nope, you've got another... 40 minutes for a game if you live in the UK, and you can add entries for another... 9 hours to add your entry to the entry thread :)

Greyshark #8 Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:20 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 1 battle
  • [JFA] JFA
You're right, I was thinking about battles time, sorry :)

FTR gems: "In WoT gameplay, you can pretty much go and at least deal some damage, make yourself be known, fight and earn your kills and skills. In WoWp, its all RNG, your ping dictates if a shower of bullets hits or not."

" The companion AI autoaim is a mess, 80% of the time you are on a bomber, you’ll miss the target"

Also tagged with December Contests, December, Competition, Contest

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users