December Contests December Competition Contest

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Shepbur #1 Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:32 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS

Welcome back to the fourth and final Weekend Contest of December! Although the month may be nearly over, the contests are not, and this one is here to give you both the greatest challenge, as well as the greatest rewards of them all! As previously, a big thanks to Wargaming Europe for donating all the prizes to the Weekend Contests for you all to win! As well as all the normal great prizes, this week brings you three chances to win World of Warships Alpha Access! Want to know more about this? There's more information at the end of this post describing what the winner will need to complete to get a hold of their Alpha Access!

So what exactly is up for grabs this week?

1st Prize    - 900 Gold, 4 Days of PremiumKi-5TsKB-12BisChance to Win WoWs access!

2nd Prize   - 800 GoldDays of PremiumKi-5TsKB-12BisChance to Win WoWs access!

3rd Prize    - 700 Gold, 3 Days of PremiumKi-5TsKB-12BisChance to Win WoWs access!

4th Prize    -  1 Day of PremiumKi-5

5th Prize    -  1 Day of Premium, Ki-5

6th Prize    -  1 Day of PremiumKi-5

1st National Prize    - 400 Gold, 1 Day of Premium

2nd National Prize   - 300 Gold,

3rd National Prize    - 200 Gold,

This weekend we're celebrating the best of the best, the Ace of Aces! You have the chance to show what you've got and how skilled you are at flying your favourite aircraft! To prove you're truly the Ace of Aces, you'll need to select and announce your chosen Tier 5 light or multi-role fighter, before jumping into the cockpit and showing your aerial prowess in the skies! The competition will be judged according to the number of aces each player has achieved over the weekend in their selected aircraft.

Prizes will be awarded in a rather strange and confusing manner for this competition...

Once all entries have been collected and confirmed, players will be ranked in positions in their respective nations of choice.

Once ranked, the top 3 players of each nation are in for a chance of winning one of the prizes.

By default, every player who makes it into the top 3 of their chosen nation will win a prize.

However, if you are in the top 3 players of all the nations you forfeit your national prize, to take up the top 3 overall prizes of the competition. (It's definitely worth it if you look above!)

The following 3 players (ranked 4-6) across all nations will not have to forfeit their national prizes, but instead gain an extra day of premium time and a Ki-5!

Click to take you to the Competition Entries Thread

So what do you need to add to your post to enter?

This weekend, you'll need to post a few screenshots. Initially, before starting the competition, you will need to post two screenshots of your ingame statistics. One showing your total number of aces achieved to date (seen by not selecting any specific aircraft in your personal profile ingame, then clicking the achievements tab and scrolling until you can see the number of aces you've achieved). Additionally, you will need to post a screenshot showing the number of aces you have achieved to date on your selected Tier 5 fighter aircraft (seen by selecting your chosen aircraft in your personal profile ingame, clicking the achievements tab, and scrolling until you can see the number of aces you've achieved.). You will also need to state in your post the aircraft type you have chosen to fly to enter the competition.

In all these screenshots, the date and time must be visible from the hanger - The date and time is located in the top-left of your hangers top bar. Simply dragging your profile until this section is visible is enough. If the date and time is obscured from your screenshot, your entry will be disqualified. So please make sure it's there!

A second post is required from you at the end of your gameplay of the weekend. Before the end time of the competition, you will need to take a 3rd screenshot, this time only showing the number of aces which you've achieved in your chosen aircraft (as explained earlier). Again, the time and date from the ingame hanger must be visible in the screenshot for the entry to not be disqualified. Please ensure that you take this screenshot BEFORE the end of the competition time to make sure your entry is valid.

Rules of the Competition

• The screenshots must taken between   27.12.14  00:01   -   28.12.14  23:59 to be valid.
  • Screenshots which do not contain the required information will be disqualified from the competition.
  • The aircraft flown must be a Tier 5 Light Fighter, or a Tier 5 Multi-role Fighter.
  • Only 1 entry per player will be considered for judging. This will be the players most recent entry to the contest.
  • Entries may be added and edited up until  29.12.14  09:00CET.

Click to take you to the Competition Entries Thread

Your chance to become a Captain on the High Seas!

Players who win a chance to gain World of Warships Alpha access will be invited to a training room battle with some of the Wargaming EU staff to fight for their prize! Upon defeating the Wargaming team, the victors will be given the ability* to become a World of Warships Alpha Tester (as well as bragging rights!). This training room battle will be organised through a PM with the community team and the winning Player/Players. The battle will also be used for various screenshots, and maybe even a video for the rest of the community to watch and enjoy at a later date. The format of the battles, winners of the prizes, as well as the battle results and a few of the most interesting screenshots will be posted up on a separate thread closer to the first battles date to update you all on how the winners are doing!

* - Players will still be required to complete and sign the World of Warships Non-Disclosure Agreement in order to become a World of Warships Alpha Tester.

Good luck, and Happy Hunting!

It doesn't take skill to fly, it takes skill to not make mistakes.

Shepbur #2 Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:32 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS

FAQ

Q. When can i expect to see next weekends contest to be posted up on the forums for me to read?

A. Sadly, this is the last of the December Weekend Competitions, however keep your eyes peeled on the Contest Section of the forums for future competitions!

Q. When will this weekends winners be announced?

A. This weekends winners should hopefully be announced around mid-week next week (31st possibly). As for prizes being distributed out to players, i will try to get it all done and sorted for that weekend, however i can't promise it will be that quick, so it might take a little longer. I'll do my best to keep you all updated on that section!

Q. I live in the UK, how do i know what time the competition stops?

A. All the competition entry dates are stated in CET time. This is Central European Time or GMT+1. So just read the times an hour earlier than are stated and you should be fine. I have done my best to give as much lee-way on the deadlines as possible so if you're playing up into the night you can still finish what you're doing before posting your entry and going off to sleep! Additionally, i will accept ingame battles which take place within your local time period. Essentially, if your ingame clock is on-time, then your entry will be valid.

Q. Are all the weekend contests going to have similar requirements?

A. Yes and no, while they may require the use of similar aircraft, the competitions themselves are designed to test different aspects of your skill. This may mean that future competitions may take a little longer for you to complete, however i have tried my best to design the competitions to include give a chance for all kinds of players from casual weekend players to the more hardcore "dedicated" players who can put in a few more hours into the game than others, but still give an equal platform for all players to compete on.

Q. Are there any other ways to get my hands on the gift aircraft besides taking part in these competitions?

A. The simple and safe answer is: I don't know.  Sorry if that's not helpful, however as the prizes have been donated by Wargaming Europe, with them having many other plans for events all across WoWp over the holidays, i can't really say a definite "yes" or "no" to the question. As far as i am aware (which is no more than the rest of you!), these gift aircraft are only available through winning via a competition of some kind which is sponsored by Wargaming Europe. Personally, i highly doubt that these aircraft will go on general sale in the gift shop or ingame, however you should never say never!

Q. What will happen if i miss the deadline for my entry by a few minutes?

A. I'm afraid that such an entry will have to be ignored when the competition judging takes place. This is simply to avoid any future conflicts with the rules, and sticking strictly to them is the easiest way to make the competition fair for everyone involved.

Q. Are the prizes going to be the same each week?

A. No, not entirely, although they will continue to give away gold and premium time, the amounts will be varying slightly, as well as a few extra prizes finding their way in as the weeks go on!

Edited by Shepbur, 24 December 2014 - 01:36 PM.

Shepbur #3 Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:42 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS

There you go everyone! Something to sink your teeth into this weekend!

Remember, there's never any harm in entering, so you might as well all at least put in a initial entry even if you don't get round to playing much over the weekend so you only get 1 or 2 aces. And who knows? maybe you'll pick a nation which not many others did and you could win a prize!

My apologies for the complicated prize system for this competition (it's actually a little last-minute :P) i decided to produce this to give each nation a fair chance at winning some sort of prize incase the "OP" nations are all that easier to get aces in... Hopefully it will work, as it's added roughly 1500 gold more to the prize pool from unclaimed rewards of the previous contests :)

Additionally, please please make sure that i can see everything i need to in your screenshots... i don't want to have to ignore anyone's entries because i can't see the information i need! So double check when you post them that everything's correct. You can even post your initial entry screenshots here in this thread before adding them to the official entry thread so i can check that everything's correct and as required.

Example Entry

Edited by Shepbur, 24 December 2014 - 01:56 PM.

NyronGT #4 Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 46 battles

2complicated4me

Edited by NyronGT, 24 December 2014 - 10:12 PM.

Shepbur #5 Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:21 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS
It's honestly easier than it reads >.> And definitely worth a try :P as i said... if you're unsure about your entry being correct pre-post it here and i can check it for you :)

Slauter #6 Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles

Block Quote

• Only 1 entry per player will be considered for judging. This will be the players most recent entry to the contest.

Your wall is too small :trollface:

professional stat-padder 101% WR 8888 kills / death 

always in a platoon of OP planes 
died once when my internet connection crashed
obviously best player ever be very afraid

Shepbur #7 Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:59 AM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS
whu?

Shepbur #8 Posted 26 December 2014 - 11:03 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS
Bump for those of you who've forgotten... or just not seen this competition :)

Kluszkov #9 Posted 27 December 2014 - 01:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Squadron Leader
  • 6 battles

I want to give a try. Gonna fly F4F.

And i got question, i already made 1 ace on f4f, but it was before i made screenshots for register. It will be counted?

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_010.jpg   320.32K
  • Attached File   shot_011.jpg   280.58K

Greyshark #10 Posted 27 December 2014 - 01:45 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 1 battle
  • [JFA] JFA

I'll try with P-40

Spoiler

FTR gems: "In WoT gameplay, you can pretty much go and at least deal some damage, make yourself be known, fight and earn your kills and skills. In WoWp, its all RNG, your ping dictates if a shower of bullets hits or not."

" The companion AI autoaim is a mess, 80% of the time you are on a bomber, you’ll miss the target"

Necropsittacus #11 Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:00 PM

Testpilot

• Community Contributor
  • 0 battles
  • [JFA] JFA
Don't we have to post these in the entries thread?!

Death from Above Member

Shepbur #12 Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:10 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS

Preferably in the entries thread, however the posts above are all correct and good... if you don't post the first two screenshots in the entries thread i won't hold it against you, but remember the final screenshot needs to be in the entries thread :)

Greyshark #13 Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:36 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 1 battle
  • [JFA] JFA
My mistake, sorry :)

Edited by Greyshark, 27 December 2014 - 02:36 PM.

FTR gems: "In WoT gameplay, you can pretty much go and at least deal some damage, make yourself be known, fight and earn your kills and skills. In WoWp, its all RNG, your ping dictates if a shower of bullets hits or not."

" The companion AI autoaim is a mess, 80% of the time you are on a bomber, you’ll miss the target"

73MESIR73 #14 Posted 27 December 2014 - 04:26 PM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Hi:kamikaze:

Also tagged with December Contests, December, Competition, Contest

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users