PvP Tournament TIC

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Shepbur #1 Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:52 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS

My apologies, however this tournament will not be able to run this coming weekend due to other commitments i have. I will try to re-schedule it for a future date however.

With the recent lapse in PvP tournaments which are designed purely with fun in mind, I thought it was about time something was done! Along with this, i thought i should start involving some of our American cousins to bring some more competition and new ideas into the mix! 

This tournament is the first of it's kind, despite a similar format to previous tournaments, this tournament will be played a the Common Test Server for a new patch. This is to allow the involvement of the North American WoWp Community to join us in the battles, as well as to allow all teams an even-footing in terms of aircraft available and experienced pilots. The tournament being hosted on the Common Test Server does however create some issues. Firstly, there is no confirmed date for the tournament. However, the tournament will take place on the First Weekend that the Common Test Server is open to the public. The tournament will take place on the Friday and Saturday night of the weekend from 22:00 UTC. This arrangement is subject to change, and may be moved back a day to the Saturday and Sunday night at the same time, if the test server is released on a Friday.

It is also for this reason that teams are allowed to apply and edit their entries until 24 hours before the start of the tournament. As well as all teams being given up to 4 reserve players.

So without further ado, let's have a look at the format of the tournament!

Teams Format

• Teams must consist of 6 players.
  • Teams may have up to 4 reserve players.
  • A player may only be registered in 1 team.
  • Teams will be locked 24 hours before the start of the tournament.
  • Teams must consist of at least 5 Light or Multi-role Fighters.
  • Teams must have aircraft from at least 4 different nations.

Tournament Format

• The tournament will be limited to 32 Teams participating.
  • The tournament will be of a Double Elimination type.
  • Teams can sign up until 24 hours before the start of the tournament.
  • Tier 6 aircraft will be used on the first day of the tournament.
  • Tier 7 aircraft will be used on the second day of the tournament.

Match Rules

• Battles are to last at most 10 minutes.
  • If a draw occurs, the match will replay until a non-draw result is confirmed.
  • The captain from the "top" half of each bracket should create the training room, and contact the other team captain 10 minutes before the game starts.
  • Captains should send the names of aircraft they are using to the enemy captain by taking turns, one aircraft at a time. Aircraft are not allowed to be swapped if a re-match occurs. However a change in equipment/ consumables is allowed.
  • The captain creating the training room should select the correct map, and choose a preferred side for his team before inviting members of both teams to join the room. Team map sides should switch if a re-match is occurring.
  • When both teams are ready, the match should start. This requires acknowledgement from both captains in chat.
  • Both captains should take screenshots of both the results screen, and team panel after each match.
  • The captain of the winning team must upload and post these two screenshots on the results thread within 5 minutes of the round ending.
  • Team captains MUST be able to communicate in English.

• A rematch may ONLY if the game results in a draw. Additional re-matches are allowed if a player on one team fails to load into the game in the first 30 seconds of the match. The captain of the team with the unloaded player must first ask for the re-match with a response from the enemy captain before the game can be aborted and restarted. It is suggested that both captains take a screenshot of this communication in the battle before aborting the match.

• Each round has a 20 minute time-slot designated for it. However if your team is ahead of schedule, please try to complete your battles as quickly as possible for the next round to minimise delays.

Click to go to the Registration Topic!

Tournament Prizes

Unfortunately, due to the design of the tournament, no physical prizes are available for the winning teams short of glory and bragging rights! However, in the event of future tournaments of this type designed by myself, the top 4 teams will have reserved spots and will be seeded accordingly!

Edited by Shepbur, 02 February 2015 - 05:53 PM.

It doesn't take skill to fly, it takes skill to not make mistakes.

Shepbur #2 Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:52 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS
Reserve post for a FAQ

Mc_Ramy13 #3 Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 2 battles

Shepbur, what about the dates?

P.S: I will post this topic on our community translate it into spanish!

I want to participate. I wish I found players... :coin:

Other question.

You said that the tournament will be played on the closed test server.

I think is better to play in public test server?

Edited by Mc_Ramy13, 13 January 2015 - 09:32 AM.

Luchar con honor o morir luchando

Necropsittacus #4 Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:50 AM

Testpilot

• Community Contributor
  • 0 battles
  • [JFA] JFA
Was wondering about the term "Closed Test Server", too, but I think the server in question will be the Public (or Common) test. Once it's open, it's not closed :P Well, unless something unforeseen happens... :hiding:

Death from Above Member

Mc_Ramy13 #5 Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 2 battles

Now, spanish community can read in our native laguague your tournament!!

WE ARE READY FOR THE BATTLE!!:izmena: (if occurs on public test server).:hiding:

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.eu/index.php?/topic/35511-la-competicion-intercontinental-the-intercontinental-competition/

Luchar con honor o morir luchando

Shepbur #6 Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:22 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS

View PostNecropsittacus, on 13 January 2015 - 09:50 AM, said:

Was wondering about the term "Closed Test Server", too, but I think the server in question will be the Public (or Common) test. Once it's open, it's not closed :P Well, unless something unforeseen happens... :hiding:

hurp durp... you're right >.< i mean common, not closed >.> will change it now :P

As for the dates, as i said, it depends on when the common test comes out, so i don't know (hence why there are large numbers for reserve players and a very late limit to confirm teams incase people aren't able to play in such a short deadline)

King_ExtincE #7 Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:33 PM

You mad brah?

• Conquest Member
  • 156 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
sounds fun! As always nice idea shep, i'll check for animo in the DFA community :)

Oremuss #8 Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:37 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1 battle
  • [GWDYS] GWDYS
Very nice idea. I am just worried about bugs on test server ( i believe there will be plenty of bugs as we know WG :) ) adn i'm reaaly looking forward to release next test server:child:

Proud member of clan GWDYS.

heaveygear #9 Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:36 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
I've posted this on the NA server. Sounds like fun. Thanks Shepbur. :honoring:

I've knocked on deaths' door....no one answered....I don't complain much anymore.

Me.

tomaatvk #10 Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Squadron Leader
  • 1543 battles
  • [W42] W42
the public test just opened up (or at least sort of) and there are only 2 teams registerd in EU, this cannot be played like this I think, maybe postpone to the next update and message some teamcaptains

Shepbur #11 Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:04 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 11 battles
  • [WOWS] WOWS
I edited the first post (was planning to make a slightly more official announcement later tonight) stating that this tournament wasn't going ahead because i've already got some pretty solid plans in place for this weekend (it's pretty much the only weekend i couldn't do this event on...) This being the RAF Hendon visit.

tomaatvk #12 Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Squadron Leader
  • 1543 battles
  • [W42] W42
thanks for replying so quickly, I hope we can do it in the 2nd test or another update

Oremuss #13 Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1 battle
  • [GWDYS] GWDYS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everybody, I cannot start new topic here so I post it here.

I was excited when I saw this post with international tournament, but this tournament was cancled.

In the meantime I contacted one Russian player and he was also excited about international tournament and so he started to ask in RU forum and they liked that idea. So  it looks we can now make international tournament between RU/EU teams.

As I was told, he asked WG for support and they offered good help. They said ( at least like he said :D ) WG can start TEST SERVER just for us, couple days before 1.8 start ( how many days depends on how many teams will participate)

About ping issues, I was told that test server is somewhere in Netherland so they will have same issus ( maybe EU players will have little advantage)

In RU server there are already 40 clans that wants to participate so I want to ask if here is some interest to participate in this tournament.

I translated rules from RU server with help of google translate and my friend Kasius27.

These rules will be slightly changed and updated by time, so here are just for information. ( Please excuse my english i am beginner, I tried but i can see a lot of mistakes there :facepalm: . ) 

So I hope i wrote everything I want, please comment bellow ask questions whot is not clearly written.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TABLE OF CONTENTS

1. Participants.

2. The prize pool.

3. The teams.

4. Registration in the tournament.

5. Allowed aircrafts.

6. Schedule.

7. Rules for creating the tournament room.

8. Victory Conditions

9. The system of drawing.

10. The rules in case of technical problems with the game client.

11. Broadcasted Matches

12. Offences and penalties.

13. Comunication and cooperation teams with the administration of the tournament.

Tournament Regulations

1. Participants

1.1. Team consist 5 players per battle, (maximum 5 players per team roster – no substitute). Tournament participant can only be in one team.

1.2. The composition of the administration of the tournament:

- The head of the tournament - the coordination between all the members of the administration of the tournament;

- Judges - decide on controversial issues that arise between the participants of the tournament, the teams determine the sanction, violated the rules of the tournament (the size of the penalty points, up to disqualification);

- Coordinators - create training rooms, the coordination between the teams, record the results of battles, transmit complaints and violations of regulations teams judges;

- Volunteers -  information support for the tournament, perform operational work, they fill the results in the tournament grid;

- Streamers - performed online broadcast of individual matches of the tournament.

2. The prize pool

2.1. Amount of prized places depends on the number of teams participating in the tournament according to the table:

2.2. The distribution of gold in the accounts of players are made on the choice of captain.

3. The teams

3.1. Tournament "Gauntlet" is held in the format of 5x5 players. In each combat team must  consist at least 3 players otherwise your team will be disqualified. Subtitute players can not be register.  However you can replace your teammate between rounds to any player who does not participate in the tournament (see. P. 3.2.1.).

3.2. Replacment during the tournament.

3.2.1. I tis allowed to replace players  between rounds, but the team must notify coordinator In case the declared players don't match with the actual structure - the team will be punished, fight will be recognized as the lost.

3.2.2. The delay of the player on whom replacement is made, is not a reason for shifting the start fights.

3.2.3. In the case of force majeure and the need for additional substitutions decision is left to the discretion of the administration.

4. Registration in the tournament

4.1. Team Registration

4.1.1. The captain must register your team up to ......................, link as follows:

4.1.2. Specify the name of the team.

4.1.3. Game nickname captain.

4.1.4. Game nickname deputy captain.

4.1.5. Game players on the team nicknames.

4.1.6. Team members on Technology (can be changed until the opening of the list of commands 03.27.15 at 19.00, send a separate message to the topic with the team).

4.1.7. Optionally, you can add the following data (can be used during Stream, for more information about your team):

- Logo;

- Jingle;

- A description of the team and its players.

Example

4.2. Topic to the registration of teams is hidden, that guarantees the privacy of your team before the tournament starts.

4.3. A list of teams will be published at (time and day will be published ). The number of registered teams will be announced in the tournament topic of discussion here.

4.4. Support for individual players to join a team

In that case, if you want to take part in the tournament, but you do not have a team, you can leave your request and search player here.

5. Allowed aircrafts

5.1. Following requirements must be completed:

Team  must consist of four different types of aircraft and aircraft of any one type of choice. For example, 1 fighter, 1 multi-role fighter, 2 heavy fighters and 1 attack aircraft ;

Tier Limit – V tier

5.2. Team   is  allowed to change planes only on the second day of the tournament, and the team has to specify the new structure of equipment in a topic here( the link) till  (day and time will be specificated later)

6. Schedule

6.1. Registration - (day and time will be specificated later)

6.2. Publication of the tournament grid - (day and time will be specificated later)

6.3. The beginning of the tournament -(day and time will be specificated later) - first round

(day and time will be specificated later) - second round;

6.4. In the first phase from (day and time will be specificated later) - Coordination Team (creation tournament rooms, training teams), the beginning of the first round at (day and time will be specificated later)

6.5. In the second phase from (day and time will be specificated later) - Coordination teams, the beginning of the fifth round in 20.00.

6.6. Updating the grid  for subsequent rounds occurs after all data will be collected from all teams participating in the current round.

7. Guidelines for creating a tournament room

7.1. Room create coordinator.

7.2. Tournament room should be given the name by the following principle: „ Tournament Name“, Team 1 - Team 2.

7.3. Sides, with which the team will start fighting, is based on the position of teams in the grid. If the team is first in the tournament grid cell, then will be set to the first team in the training room.

7.4. After each battle, the teams change sides.

7.5. Map is selected as follows:

Round 1 - Map of "El Haluf";

Round 2 - Map "Observatory";

Round 3 - Map"Province";

Round 4 - Map "Pacific Ocean";

Round 5 - Map "Winter War".

Round 6 - Map "secret airfield."

Round 7 - Map "National Park".

Round 8 - Map "Bay".

7.6. Time in battle - 10 minutes;

7.7. Teams must find their own name on the training room from the list that corresponds to their battles in the round.

7.7.1. The first battle in the round, teams should start no more than five minutes from time as specified in the tournament grid. During the next round is declared after the end of the previous one.

Example

7.7.2 Between fights should not be gap more than five minutes. (For violation of paragraph 7.5.1 of the Rules. And 7.5.2. Automatically loses the battle to the team's fault that there was a delay in the start of the battle).

8. Victory Conditions

8.1. Victory in battle is achieved by complete destruction all of enemy aircrafts or win by domination.

8.2. Results of fights are managed by the coordinator of teams in the form of screenshots and replays.

8.3. In case of disputable situations by results of fights (round), screenshots and replays are used by judges as the basis for decision-making.

8.4. The basis for determining the results of the battle can act only in-game dialogue, "the results of the battle."

9. The system of drawing

9.1. The tournament is draw in the system «Swiss».

9.2. The number of rounds depends on the number of teams which participate in the tournament according to the following parameters:

up to 9 teams - 4 rounds;

from 10 to 16 - 5 rounds;

17 to 32 - 7 rounds;

from 33 to 64 - 8 rounds;

9.3. Rounds one through four are held on the first day of the tournament, all subsequent rounds are held in the second.

9.4. In each round, held on a three-fight between the teams. The victory in the round is awarded to the team that carried out the greatest number of wins.

9.5. Tournament draw is published at: http://challonge.com/steelfist.

9.5.1. Tournament grid displays a list of rounds, each of which said pair of opposing teams.

Example

9.6. Description «Swiss» system of the tournament

9.6.1. In the first round, all players are ordered (by random drawing of lots). Pairs are made according to the principle of the first list for the upper half of the first instruction from the lower half, the second - the second, and so on. If, for example, 40 commands at the tournament, the first is played with 21 second 22 second and t. D.

Example

9.6.2. In the next round all the teams are divided into groups with the same number of points. So, after the first round will be three groups: win, lose and drawn.

9.6.3. Couples teams for the next round are made up of one score bracket on the same as in the first round, the rating principle (the best team out of the top half of the group for the opportunity to meet with the best team in the lower half of this group). In this case, however, is not allowed to have the same pair of teams playing in the tournament more than one game.

Example

9.6.4. Place in the tournament allocated to the dialed number of points.

9.6.5. In the event that will be the team that scored the same number of points, their place in the tournament grid will be determined by Buchholz system.

9.7. Scoring

Team points are awarded on the following parameters:

Victory in battle - 1 point;

Draw in combat - 0.5 points;

The victory in the round - 1 point;

Draw in the round - 0.5 points.

9.8. Summary table of accounts in the tournament

Column descriptions:

1 - the current position in the tournament;

2 - the name of the team;

3 - combined figures for the tournament: W - Wins, L - losses, T - draws on all rounds;

4 - victory in battle;

5 - draws in battle;

6 - it does not matter in this tournament format;

7 - total score on points;

9 - Buchholz system;

8, 10 - does not matter in this tournament format;

Example

10. The rules in case of technical problems with the game client

10.1. Crash in action

If there was a "crash" of the client , within 2 minutes after the start of the battle - the team can once per round  ask for a restart or for replace the player.

If there wasn‘t any report after 2 minutes - the fight continues as it is.

10.2. Unconnected Player

If there is an unconnected player (shown in gray with the roster after the start) can ask  team, which has not unconnected players, teams go into the hangar and begin the new fight.

10.3. Mistakes in settings of the training room

All claims concerning correctness of settings of the training room are accepted prior before fight (or within thirty seconds from the beginning of fight if fight was started by mistake without confirmation of readiness of one of teams). Lack of the claims stated in the general chat until the end of thirty-second counting preceding a battle means automatic consent to play on these conditions..

10.4. Lags, high ping, etc.

Complaining players on lags, high ping and other technical failures are not considered.

10.5. If there is unconnected player or if coordinator crash or streamers  crash fight is restarted.

10.6. In case of problems associated with coordinating the match (not established a training room, crash, unconnected  coordinator or the crash several times in a row) team captains can contact the tournament in the subject here.

11. Broadcasted Matches

11.1. Matches of the tournament can be broadcasted on the Internet. Team Coordinator determines which matches will be shown live and informs the teams.

11.2. Team battles which are selected cannot refuse to broadcast. Teams must arrive in time in the training room and provide the fastest possible preparation for the beginning of combat. Before starting the fight coordinator shall ensure readiness streamers - the battle can be started only with their approval.

11.3. Teams may themselves wish to broadcast their match. In this case, they must specify it with the coordinator of the tournament.

12. Offences and penalties

12.1. Strictly forbidden:

12.1.1. . Any actions contradicting these Rules and Rules of the game World Of Warplanes.

12.1.2. Insulting opponents, team players and other tournament players, referees, commentators, fans, game developers, and so on., and the use of obscene language

12.1.3. Spam the chat.

12.1.4. Usef unfair methods of play.

12.1.5. Unsportsmanlike conduct (eg sabotage matches).

12.1.6. Using techniques prohibited in the format of the tournament.

12.1.7. Participated in the battle of players who are not in the team.

12.1.8. Participated in the battle on foreign accounts, as well as special ("press" and so on.) Accounts.

12.1.9. Using of bugs of the game or server.

12.2. In the case of beaking these rules, the judge may decide  the punishment in the form of:

12.2.1. Warnings.

12.2.2. Penalty points in the ranking of teams.

12.2.3. Forfeiture in the round / match.

12.2.4. Cuts prizes for the teams in the tournament.

12.2.5. Disqualification of the player / team.

12.3. The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.

12.4. Delayed battles according to the schedule of these regulations for more than five minutes, means automatically lose the fight.

13. Coordination of teams and communication with administration of a tournament

13.1. All courses of a tournament (a tournament grid, the beginning of rounds) will be displayed in a tournament grid according to the link. Captains of teams have to open beforehand standings for coordination of the actions in a tournament.

13.2. The address to judges of a tournament, captains of teams make through the coordinators.

13.3. In case of technical problems with coordinators, captains of teams can quickly contact directly administration of a tournament in a topic here.

Edit : I deleted dates and times because of missunderstdandings ( these times were from their last tournament, and they were not actual) the point is, if here on EU server is interest to participate to this tournament, just say if you want / dont want to participate - like post  from tomaatvk bellow, thank you :honoring:

Edited by Oremuss, 13 April 2015 - 10:25 AM.

tomaatvk #14 Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Squadron Leader
  • 1543 battles
  • [W42] W42
Seems interesting, my clan would love to join in this (if we have time ofcourse), wouldn't being able to register a few backup players be a lot easier as having to report team changes every round?

Oremuss #15 Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:17 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1 battle
  • [GWDYS] GWDYS

Of course there is time  :) I just want to know how many teams/ 5 group players we can get from EU server,

and yes,it would be better to have backup players, it is a weird rule from RU server, I just translated their last tournament rules, and this rules for this tournament  (can be / probably will be) changed.

Also it would be nice if someone from other EU communities ask in their language ( i mean someone should write short review about this tournament in German / Poland / Spain etc. in their language and ask if there are some people who might be interested in , because this post may be overlooked in this topic, my friend  did it already  in Czech/Slovakia community ) 

Hanszeehock #16 Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:39 AM

First Lieutenant

• Squadron Leader
  • 1 battle
  • [COSTS] COSTS
Do you have a rough idea of when the tournament will be held ? 

Grolim #17 Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:38 AM

League Champion

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles

View PostOremuss, on 12 April 2015 - 09:21 PM, said:

6.1. Registration - 23:59 MSK 03/25/2015;

6.2. Publication of the tournament grid - 20:00 MSK 27/03/2015;

6.3. The beginning of the tournament - 20:30 MSK 27/03/2015 - first round

20.00 MSK 03/28/2015 - second round;

To me it looks like the tournament is already over? 

Trivia: Moskow time is UTC +3 (same as East European Summer Time- Bulgaria, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Romania, Turkey and Ukraine) Central European Summer time is UTC+2 so 20:00 MSK is 19:00 CEST

Kasius27 #18 Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:10 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 14 battles
  • [GWDYS] GWDYS
Grolim, tournament is not over:-) Do not observe to any date on in. It is Russian rules translate in English, but we can negotiate about it. Date of the tournament is unknown now. We like start tournament couple days before 1.8 update. Test server will be opened few days before only for tournament competitors for training.

Edited by Kasius27, 13 April 2015 - 08:15 AM.

http: //gr33ny.wix.com/gwdys

Slauter #19 Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
Mercenary application

professional stat-padder 101% WR 8888 kills / death 

always in a platoon of OP planes 
died once when my internet connection crashed
obviously best player ever be very afraid

Kasius27 #20 Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:17 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant