Jump to content


How to make this game a hit like Tanks and ships

Must watch

  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Foxtrox1 #1 Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:28 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Conquest Member
  • 0 battles
  • 488
  • Member since:
    07-22-2013

Hey Guys.

 

Many of you have been complaining about so many things that this game has recently. Most of it was bots.

I have 5 solutions for you guys:

  1. Create more game modes to add in Standard Battles (Like my idea of Bombing Raid mode);
  2. Have more planes of different nations in the game;
  3. Add more maps to create more diversity in-game;
  4. Have more paintings and camouflages of different nations (Like Belgium, Holland, Denmark, Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, etc.)
  5. Create more art contests and in-game (Like Tier V Aces)

With these, the game will absolutely become more famous in a blink of an eye. :)

I would really love to know your opinion about this, and don't be afraid to comment.

 

Hoping to read from you,

Foxtrox1. :honoring:


Edited by Foxtrox1, 03 November 2015 - 09:29 AM.

Work Together, Win Together! :honoring:


Kane591 #2 Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:06 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Squadron Leader
  • 866 battles
  • 884
  • [1EF] 1EF
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Nice ya.

 

I'm sure some present people can design some art, some paints and WG can update the game with.

 

Let the community work for you WG, we want to save the game, we want the game grow.

 

Organize some calendar, background screens, graphics art contest ! I know one of player who will be very happy to participate on these contests.


Edited by Kane591, 03 November 2015 - 11:09 AM.


jakub_czyli_ja #3 Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:39 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Conquest Member
  • 4783 battles
  • 9,364
  • [XII-2] XII-2
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostFoxtrox1, on 03 November 2015 - 09:28 AM, said:

I have 5 solutions for you guys:
  1. Create more game modes to add in Standard Battles (Like my idea of Bombing Raid mode);
  2. Have more planes of different nations in the game;
  3. Add more maps to create more diversity in-game;
  4. Have more paintings and camouflages of different nations (Like Belgium, Holland, Denmark, Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, etc.)
  5. Create more art contests and in-game (Like Tier V Aces)

With these, the game will absolutely become more famous in a blink of an eye. :)

I would really love to know your opinion about this, and don't be afraid to comment.

 

Result of 1: more watering down of playerbase, more complicated game modes. None to negative effect due to battle of player + 7 bots against a player + 7 bots.

Result of 2: more grind necessary. Did any content patch since release bring more players? No effect as without any endgame there is no real reason except 'because they are' to grind top tiers.

Result of 3: bigger client, more performance issues, more problems (like GAA bots on Fjords starting from upper spawn). None to negative effect, if new maps would be screwed up like for example Canyon.

Result of 4: no effect, only more money to pump into WG pocket. Last patch brought some camos - any increase of active players because of that?

Result of 5: no effect as nobody will start playing WoWP to take part in contest to get something to play WoWP more.

 

tldr version: wishful thinking.



Foxtrox1 #4 Posted 03 November 2015 - 02:30 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Conquest Member
  • 0 battles
  • 488
  • Member since:
    07-22-2013

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 03 November 2015 - 12:39 PM, said:

 

Result of 1: more watering down of playerbase, more complicated game modes. None to negative effect due to battle of player + 7 bots against a player + 7 bots.

Result of 2: more grind necessary. Did any content patch since release bring more players? No effect as without any endgame there is no real reason except 'because they are' to grind top tiers.

Result of 3: bigger client, more performance issues, more problems (like GAA bots on Fjords starting from upper spawn). None to negative effect, if new maps would be screwed up like for example Canyon.

Result of 4: no effect, only more money to pump into WG pocket. Last patch brought some camos - any increase of active players because of that?

Result of 5: no effect as nobody will start playing WoWP to take part in contest to get something to play WoWP more.

 

tldr version: wishful thinking.

 

What do you suggest then?

 

Besides, game modes Would make random battles, not standard. Like in WoT or WoWS.


Work Together, Win Together! :honoring:


jakub_czyli_ja #5 Posted 03 November 2015 - 02:48 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Conquest Member
  • 4783 battles
  • 9,364
  • [XII-2] XII-2
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

First of all - sort out WoWS because they share similar problems as WoWP - lack of endgame, and even though WoWS have more players, it's only few months after release, so calling it a success may be premature.

 

WoWP is a more niche game than WoT, is harder to play so won't be a success as WoT, and won't atract so many players. Also has bigger competition than WoT, which was first in its niche.

 

There are some low level fixes, like bots tunning - reduce firing range, explain their setup (consumables, ammo, pilot skills).

 

On meta level - something that WG had been asked since release - team battles and endgame.

 

If endgame would be connected with tanks CW, clan members would be urged to grind planes to help their clans. If not, there would be still gold to grab.

 

Unfortunately WG won't do separate CW, because most probably doesn't want to pump gold into so small palyerbase, and won't make combined CW, because few years ago said that such connection sucks and that won't happen.

 

So it seems that WoWP is doomed.



Foxtrox1 #6 Posted 03 November 2015 - 03:44 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Conquest Member
  • 0 battles
  • 488
  • Member since:
    07-22-2013

I don't believe that. There's still a chance for this game.

And that may come in 1.9.1 with the new line of planes.

Yes, new planes make MORE players come into the game.

And a new game mode to be added in Standard Battles WILL make this game better.

 

But everyone belives in what they want. :)

 


Work Together, Win Together! :honoring:


Kane591 #7 Posted 03 November 2015 - 03:57 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Squadron Leader
  • 866 battles
  • 884
  • [1EF] 1EF
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Where i'm agree with jakub is if WG update a new game mode, the server won't follow correctly:

 

bigger client, more performance issues, more problems.

 

Yes sure. The server has some difficult to do a nice battle without lag when we are 15v15 ( Bot and humans ). Cause Server have to work about all player and about bots moves. 

 

By the begin of the game, they have to grow the server and give more performance. If not, WG can't do nothing and actually players can see some issues cause server is not efficient.



_Stealth_Hunter_ #8 Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:35 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Advanced Member
  • 53 battles
  • 2,314
  • Member since:
    05-05-2012

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 03 November 2015 - 01:39 PM, said:

Result of 2: more grind necessary. Did any content patch since release bring more players? No effect as without any endgame there is no real reason except 'because they are' to grind top tiers.

 

Not everyone is playing because they think something like Clan Wars might happen, some people are actually here for the planes...:child:


#BotLivesMatter

 

Old signature now in accordance to standards passed by our new robotic overlords

 


Hanszeehock #9 Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:52 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Squadron Leader
  • 1 battle
  • 2,872
  • [COSTS] COSTS
  • Member since:
    01-17-2013

View Post_Stealth_Hunter_, on 03 November 2015 - 09:35 PM, said:

 

Not everyone is playing because they think something like Clan Wars might happen, some people are actually here for the planes...:child:

 

Actually, one of the reasons I have basically stopped playing. I miss the grind ! I have ground every line except the German GAAs to T8. I have every British plane. Since release there have been no new British or Japanese lines and many iconic planes are still missing. 

 

I also hate the bots, I understand why they were implemented but this is on its way to becoming a single player game. The only thing they can do in my view is start again.



_Stealth_Hunter_ #10 Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:52 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Advanced Member
  • 53 battles
  • 2,314
  • Member since:
    05-05-2012

I'm still waiting for more Japanese lines. One of these days, I'll actually have that Hayate.

 

I'm also hoping that there might be some smaller additions on several techtrees, for example I'd love to see the XF-88 as an alternate American T10 heavy...:hiding:


#BotLivesMatter

 

Old signature now in accordance to standards passed by our new robotic overlords

 


jakub_czyli_ja #11 Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:09 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Conquest Member
  • 4783 battles
  • 9,364
  • [XII-2] XII-2
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Post_Stealth_Hunter_, on 03 November 2015 - 10:52 PM, said:

I'm also hoping that there might be some smaller additions on several techtrees, for example I'd love to see the XF-88 as an alternate American T10 heavy...:hiding:

I was also surprised that any of Voodoos (XF-88 or F-101) weren't US tier X HF.

 

View Post_Stealth_Hunter_, on 03 November 2015 - 09:35 PM, said:

Not everyone is playing because they think something like Clan Wars might happen, some people are actually here for the planes...:child:

Unfortunately, apparently not enough to make this game a hit - there should be something more to bring and keep players.

Edited by jakub_czyli_ja, 04 November 2015 - 09:50 AM.


CoreCapator #12 Posted 04 November 2015 - 03:37 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha Tester
  • 3 battles
  • 448
  • Member since:
    03-02-2012

View PostFoxtrox1, on 03 November 2015 - 09:28 AM, said:

Hey Guys.

 

Many of you have been complaining about so many things that this game has recently. Most of it was bots.

I have 5 solutions for you guys:

  1. Create more game modes to add in Standard Battles (Like my idea of Bombing Raid mode);
  2. Have more planes of different nations in the game;
  3. Add more maps to create more diversity in-game;
  4. Have more paintings and camouflages of different nations (Like Belgium, Holland, Denmark, Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, etc.)
  5. Create more art contests and in-game (Like Tier V Aces)

With these, the game will absolutely become more famous in a blink of an eye. :)

I would really love to know your opinion about this, and don't be afraid to comment.

 

Hoping to read from you,

Foxtrox1. :honoring:

 

I suggested all of this in 2012 - 2014. Zero <insert F word> were given, hence why the game is a zombie

Grumpy_Guts #13 Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:15 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Conquest Member
  • 7932 battles
  • 966
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    08-08-2012

The game itself is fantastic in its concept and has over the years I have played, produced both enjoyment and torment in equal measures.

The one thing I would like to have is more choice of maps obviously, but as well as that a choice of map size.

My reasoning for that is if players want to get in there and dogfight play on map size as is, but for the budding strategists bigger maps would allow for some kind of game play and planning. Hopefuly creating more variety and more players giving it time and money.

                                                                                                                                                Only my two bobs worth.       



BrushWolf2 #14 Posted 05 November 2015 - 03:54 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
  • 223
  • Member since:
    11-22-2014

View Post_Stealth_Hunter_, on 03 November 2015 - 04:35 PM, said:

 

Not everyone is playing because they think something like Clan Wars might happen, some people are actually here for the planes...:child:

 

True they are not but what this game desperately needs is an end game and the easiest to create because of previous experience is Clan Wars. WoWS has at least looked at the end game with Ranked Battles. Here all we have in two years is soontm.

 

 


Stranger40 #15 Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:54 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 541
  • [C1DFL] C1DFL
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Well actually I think both sides are kind of right.

 

WOWP needs some kind of end content to make grinding a more valueable activity for everyone who isn't for example a dedicated "collector" like me.

 

But on the other hand it's the new aircraft line that makes the headlines. Those are new features which can be "featured" and here in fact it comes in handy that so many "legendary" aircrafts are still missing, so Persha has still something in their depot in contrast to WOT-devs which are slowly running out of content when it comes down to vehicles.


Edited by Stranger40, 05 November 2015 - 08:54 PM.

Ehrenwertes Mitglied der Franzosenlobby


m1nus #16 Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:20 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Conquest Member
  • 4 battles
  • 228
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
The best way to make this game a hit is to -accidentally- make it fun for couple of weeks and then revert it back to its previous state. WG is on the right track.

Foxtrox1 #17 Posted 07 November 2015 - 02:53 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Conquest Member
  • 0 battles
  • 488
  • Member since:
    07-22-2013

View Postm1nus, on 05 November 2015 - 10:20 PM, said:

The best way to make this game a hit is to -accidentally- make it fun for couple of weeks and then revert it back to its previous state. WG is on the right track.

I believe too mate. But we need new planes A.S.A.P. And some new game modes into the game will come in handy too


Work Together, Win Together! :honoring:






Also tagged with Must watch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users