Feedback - 1st Season

league poll feedback

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: League feedback (64 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 50 battle in order to participate this poll.

Do you like the 6v6 format?

1. Yes (51 votes [79.69%])

Percentage of vote: 79.69%

2. No, i'd like to have bigger teams (11 votes [17.19%])

Percentage of vote: 17.19%

3. No, i'd like to have smaller teams (2 votes [3.12%])

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

Are you satisfied with number of substitutes?

1. Yes (30 votes [46.88%])

Percentage of vote: 46.88%

2. No, i'd like to have more (34 votes [53.12%])

Percentage of vote: 53.12%

Would you set up a map ban system?

1. Yes (25 votes [39.06%])

Percentage of vote: 39.06%

2. No (39 votes [60.94%])

Percentage of vote: 60.94%

Are you satisfied with the fixed times generally? (not only this case Tue,Sun 8 PM)

2. No, free start time is better (13 votes [20.31%])

Percentage of vote: 20.31%

Do you like playing at T6?

1. Yes (31 votes [48.44%])

Percentage of vote: 48.44%

2. No, bigger tier is better (33 votes [51.56%])

Percentage of vote: 51.56%

3. No, smaller tier is better (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Would you set up a map pool?

1. Yes (23 votes [35.94%])

Percentage of vote: 35.94%

2. No, free choice is better (41 votes [64.06%])

Percentage of vote: 64.06%

Do you like the BO5 system?

2. No, BO3 is better (13 votes [20.31%])

Percentage of vote: 20.31%

Are you satisfied with prizes?

1. Yes (39 votes [60.94%])

Percentage of vote: 60.94%

2. No, prizes are not high enough (25 votes [39.06%])

Percentage of vote: 39.06%

Considering some changes according this poll, would you participate in next season?

1. Yes (60 votes [93.75%])

Percentage of vote: 93.75%

2. No (4 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

Vote Hide poll

Camel14 #1 Posted 24 January 2016 - 02:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Squadron Leader
  • 22 battles
  • [_UN_] _UN_

Hello guys,

today, we are going to have half of the group stage done. This leads me to start a feedback poll. 

I would like to have feedback from at least half of players (100 answers). You have time until end of the group stage. You can also discuss about future in this topic.

Thanks for your futrher answers.

Deus5555 #2 Posted 14 March 2016 - 05:35 PM

Senior Airman

• 12 battles
  • [FKISS] FKISS

Hello Camel,

To the question " do you like paying at T6 " I said yes . But, if I can make a suggestion, could we not change tier at each session of Grunex ? Once higher, and once lower?

Communication:
•    When the registration ends, every team will receive a PM with logins to the TS3 server. Here, every team will have its own private room
•    Before the league starts, there will be a short meeting
•    Every captain must be online on TeamSpeak when playing their matches

For the rules, may I suggest that the TeamSpeak is not mandatory but support for the meeting. 
Can you remove this rule that nobody respected ?

Game assembly:

•    All games are 6v6

•    The home team captain will create the training room with map their team had chosen, will choose the side for the 1st game
•    Teams have max. 5 minutes for preparation when the room is created ----> Don't forget to change this in 10 min. 5 min is to short.

•    After every game, teams will change sides and team can exchange players
•    Both teams must take screenshots with team results from every game
•    When the match (max. 5 games) is over, captain of the winning team will post the result and screenshots to the forum captain of the loosing team will confirm the result

Thank you for organizing this Grunex,

See you soon, good to you.

Thanks google translate ;-)

Deus5555 #3 Posted 14 March 2016 - 05:36 PM

Senior Airman

• 12 battles
  • [FKISS] FKISS

Hello Camel,

To the question " do you like paying at T6 " I said yes . But, if I can make a suggestion, could we not change tier at each session of Grunex ? Once higher, and once lower?

Communication:
•    When the registration ends, every team will receive a PM with logins to the TS3 server. Here, every team will have its own private room
•    Before the league starts, there will be a short meeting
•    Every captain must be online on TeamSpeak when playing their matches

For the rules, may I suggest that the TeamSpeak is not mandatory but support for the meeting. 
Can you remove this rule that nobody respected ?

Game assembly:

•    All games are 6v6

•    The home team captain will create the training room with map their team had chosen, will choose the side for the 1st game
•    Teams have max. 5 minutes for preparation when the room is created ----> Don't forget to change this in 10 min. 5 min is to short.

•    After every game, teams will change sides and team can exchange players
•    Both teams must take screenshots with team results from every game
•    When the match (max. 5 games) is over, captain of the winning team will post the result and screenshots to the forum captain of the loosing team will confirm the result

Thank you for organizing this Grunex,

See you soon, good to you.

Thanks google translate ;-)

Camel14 #4 Posted 15 March 2016 - 12:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Squadron Leader
  • 22 battles
  • [_UN_] _UN_

Hello Deus,

thanks for your feedback :):great:

UNFORGIVEN MEMBER

Cheaterhater #5 Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:24 PM

Testpilot

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles
  • [JFA] JFA

Alright, time for me to post my feedback (before I forget about it). I've voted in the poll, but I wanted to give some more detailed answers and of course mention some additional points - so here we go:

Do you like the 6v6 format?

I do for the following reasons: If you have too few team members (5v5 would be just as fine as 6v6 for me, but 4v4 and below is where it's critical), luck becomes more and more of a deciding factor. If you take the extreme case of 1v1, the one who gets behind the other first wins. With more players, however, you can still turn such situations by teamwork. This also includes the following situation: In 4v4, having one of your team members killed by a lucky rocket turns it into a 3v4 situation, in which you probably won't have a chance. In 6v6, you'd get a 5v6 situation, which is still bad, but you can recover from it.

And having more than 6 players per team will not only make communication harder, but more importantly, it will severly hinder people in making teams. It's much easier gathering a few people you know to form a team with 6 (or 8, including substitutes) players than forming a team of 10. If you don't belong to a big clan, you would have to use the forum for forming a team and most likely end up with people you've never played with before.

Are you satisfied with number of substitutes?

I've voted 'no'. While we luckily never had troubles, we've encountered quite a few teams which where lacking one or more players. When it comes to substitutes, I like the 50% formula - make it 3 substitutes for 6 players, and it's fine.

Would you set up a map ban system?, Are you satisfied with the fixed times generally? and Would you set up a map pool?

I've voted 'no' to a ban system, 'yes' to fixed times and 'no' to a map pool. Why? What I really liked about this league was the ease with which matches were scheduled - everyone knew exactly when he had to be there, and you did not have to negotiate with the other team beforehand. If you remember the community league, you know that there was a ban system and times were not fixed, and communicating this had always been quite a hassle, because you had to send PMs back and forth, always suggest other times when the other team turned out to be unavailable, etc. The Grunex league was much smoother in this aspect. Plus, I liked that both matches against one team were always on the same day. This also greatly reduced overhead, because you only needed to contact one team, not two.

Do you like playing at T6?

Indeed I do. I think that T6 is where the greatest amount of fun is. Also, there's a lot of variety and even without any plane limitations, there are lots of viable planes. Tier 5 and 7 are also ok, but the tiers below and above that used to be poorly balanced, although I would subjectively say that balance in high tiers has improved in the last few patches (which doesn't necessarily mean it's good).

Do you like the BO5 system?

With the same reasoning why I like 6 players per team more than 4 players per team, I also prefer BO5 over BO3. BO3 matches are decided too quickly. You can be unlucky, and it's over. In BO5, you can still adapt and come back, even after losing two matches.

Are you satisfied with prizes?

Here I've voted 'no', for the following reason: Of course I'm grateful for what I got, and 7000 gold for the first and 5000 gold for the second place is surely a lot. However, it doesn't appear that much when you consider that you had to play twice a week for over three months. Not to mention that most teams received close to nothing. Previously, there were tournaments once per month in which you could win those (and even higher) amounts of gold - and those tournaments were usually held on one single weekend. Even if you didn't make it to the top teams, it least it was over quickly, and you didn't have to play for over three months straight. Of course I can understand that WG doesn't want to distribute too much gold for WoWP tournaments, considering the current state of the game, and as I said, I'm grateful that we got something at all.

What I want to suggest, however, is not about the gold (though, of course, an increase would not hurt either) - it's about credits. The league (not even counting the play-offs, which are a special case) really drains credits, because you have to pay for ammunition (unless you're using standard ammo) and consumables, but you're not getting anything back. Just do the maths: I, for example, have usually been flying the Me 410. Ammunition costs 8700 credits per battle, plus 2000 credits for the rockets. This sums up to 10700 credits. Now, each team has to play on 26 days, and each time it has to play 6 to 10 battles. In the best case, that's 26 * 6 * 10700 = 1669200 credits. Best case means: You win everything, and you never have to use any consumables. Which means that 1.7 million credits what each player most definitely spent, and it's probably even more than that. But wait, there's more! If you equip a fire extinguisher, a pneumatic restarter, and engine ventilation, this can cost you an additional 18000 credits per battle. And if you don't play 6, but 10 battles per day, because your results are all either 3:2 or 2:3, this gives you the worst case calculation: 26 * 10 * (10700 + 18000) = 7462000 credits. Of course, 7.5 million credits is the absolute worst case and thus unrealistically high, and you most likely spent much less than that. But still, the average case is somewhere inbetween those values - I would estimate it's around 2 million to 3 million credits for each player. If you didn't make it into the top 16, you get 500 gold, which is worth a mere 200000 credits (of course, there are things you can't buy for credits, so you can't compare them that easily), making this a Pyrrhic victory at best.

Of course, you can still choose to play with standard ammunition and not spend any consumables and pay nothing, but then you're putting yourself at disadvantage against those that do. And you still spent time that you could otherwise spend gaining experience and credits. And well, you could of course always argue that you just have to play a few matches in a premium plane to get those credits back, and that a premium account helps as well. But players who didn't buy premium time and don't have a suitable premium plane are still at disadvantage.

Therefore: Compensate everyone who participated with credits in addition to the gold.

One more thing I would like to add: If it's possible, please set up a stream for the play-off of the next season! We didn't have this in loooong time, and those streams always add a lot to the atmosphere, plus it gets everyone hyped ;)

I think you can also organise some bonus codes to give away in the stream to offer an incentive for players to watch it, and ask the community guys to make a news announcement (and maybe even a pop-up message in-game, which I know is definitely possible) about it (and most definitely also a news announcement for the sign-up beforehand, so more people learn about the league in the first place!). This season was so silent compared to what we used to have, and that's sad.

That's it folks, thanks for reading (if you did ;) and thanks again for organising this league!

Edited by Cheaterhater, 23 March 2016 - 07:29 PM.

RIP WoWP

Camel14 #6 Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Squadron Leader
  • 22 battles
  • [_UN_] _UN_

I've just read through your feedback Cheaterhater and I must say many many thanks for this :great:

UNFORGIVEN MEMBER

Inginier #7 Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 249 battles
  • [SPX] SPX

Hello guys, thank you for organising and providing us with this great event and thanks to Grunex for their sponsorship (I guess without it, there would be no gold, am I right?). And a really big congratulation to the winner DFA. When you consider almost zero lost in the group stage, that's really an outstanding achievement.

Generally I have nothing to complain about, so here are only few suggestions of mine which I think could improve this event a little bit. 

No matter how the voting about tiers will end up (I am ok with T6, or T7 or even a combination of both suits to me), but It would be really great if also premium planes could be allowed for next season. I see no reason for not allowing them. The greater variety of planes, the better.

The fixed times. I have used to them, so if we are playing all matches in some given time for the entire season, then I think the Play-Off should be played at same time. For example I had really big problems to get here on time for the play-off. I wouldn't mind if the play off would be played for more days because of that. At least It would be more special as the Play-off should be. Which brings me to the next thing.

If all matches against your opponent in the group stage are played twice in BO5 system, then maybe the play-off could be played once (as it was) but in BO7 system (or at least the Finale).

I agree with Cheaterhater, more substitutes would be fine (I would be ok with overall 10 players in a team). Also the credits as a part of the rewards is not a bad idea. It was really appreciated in the last CW. Also I support the idea about streaming and some more advertisement. Oh btw, why there was no information about this League in grunex website itself? Just curious.

Anyway, I am already looking forward for the next season with a wish that there will be at least as many teams participating as it was in this one.

eekeeboo #8 Posted 10 April 2016 - 08:48 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5026 battles

For me; Though i loved the league and tournament and found them to have perfect balance between commitment and challenge requirements. 

I find it strange to have a league giving positions/places that although allows for seeding, is mostly arbitrary in meaning. Luckily it didn't happen, but it would have been odd to come first in the league and last in the tournament for example. 

F105PolishGlider #9 Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 618 battles
  • [I_POL] I_POL

Hi

Will there be another season league?
Will I be able to use aircraft Premium?

Cheaterhater #10 Posted 16 April 2016 - 03:41 PM

Testpilot

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles
  • [JFA] JFA

View Posteekeeboo, on 10 April 2016 - 10:48 PM, said:

I find it strange to have a league giving positions/places that although allows for seeding, is mostly arbitrary in meaning. Luckily it didn't happen, but it would have been odd to come first in the league and last in the tournament for example. 

I thought about this as well after writing my initial feedback, and I have to agree. An easy way around this would be to split the prize pool - give out half of the prizes for the standings in the group stage, and the other half for the standings in the tournament. This way, a team that gets the first place in the league, but the last one in the tournament, still gets half of the prize. And in my opinion, they did indeed deserve some prize for making it so far in the group stage.

Besides, the current system allows a certain kind of abuse: If a team knows that they only need to get into the top 16, because their exact position does not matter, they would play just enough matches to get into the top 16, and skip all other matches, because they don't count anyway. And that's not the spirit of a tournament, and therefore, it should be discouraged.

RIP WoWP

Also tagged with league, poll, feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users