"TOKENS"

tokens

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

BitzR #1 Posted 15 February 2016 - 12:49 AM

Airman Basic

• 177 battles

I've played WoT & WoWS, battled through to gain Exp & credits to advance.  Fine all well and good.

Now Battling through WoWP I now need Tokens as well??????

I've battled five different nations to elite and not gained 1 token, what else do I need to do?????

What ever it is, it's wrong compared to the other games.

Cheaterhater #2 Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:52 AM

Testpilot

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles
  • [JFA] JFA
You got it wrong - you don't need tokens at all. Researching and buying planes is done via experience and credits (or gold), just like in the other games. Tokens are rewarded for those generic daily missions and can be used in certain events (which are not running right now, so you can collect tokens for the next event, but you can't spend them right now). When such an event is running, there are usually some new premium planes which you can buy with tokens only, but will be available later for gold. See it as a kind of early access system. You can also spend the tokens in a lottery (during an event), which will grant you random consumables, equipment, credits and other stuff.

Edited by Cheaterhater, 15 February 2016 - 01:53 AM.

RIP WoWP

Tiiberman #3 Posted 15 February 2016 - 04:53 AM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 16 battles
  • [KALMA] KALMA
You can buy hangar slots with tokens.

Cheaterhater #4 Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:15 AM

Testpilot

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles
  • [JFA] JFA

View PostTiiberman, on 15 February 2016 - 05:53 AM, said:

You can buy hangar slots with tokens.

I wasn't aware of that, thanks. I would strongly advise against buying hangar slots (neither with gold nor tokens) though if you ever plan to use the lottery, as that will give you plenty of slots anyway (most likely more than you'll ever use).

Edited by Cheaterhater, 15 February 2016 - 05:15 AM.

RIP WoWP

Foxtrox1 #5 Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:54 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 0 battles
  • [ITA_6] ITA_6

View PostCheaterhater, on 15 February 2016 - 05:15 AM, said:

I wasn't aware of that, thanks. I would strongly advise against buying hangar slots (neither with gold nor tokens) though if you ever plan to use the lottery, as that will give you plenty of slots anyway (most likely more than you'll ever use).

Hell Yeah you're right.

I got myself 22 Hangar slots in the Holiday Special. :trollface:

Anyway, I have a theory: I believe the next "Token Special" will be in April's Fools:P

Think about it: Last year we had the same but without War Cache. (Just an Idea).

Best Regards,

Foxtrox1. :honoring:

Edited by Foxtrox1, 15 February 2016 - 07:55 AM.

Work Together, Win Together! :honoring:

BitzR #6 Posted 15 February 2016 - 12:17 PM

Airman Basic

• 177 battles

View PostCheaterhater, on 15 February 2016 - 01:52 AM, said:

You got it wrong - you don't need tokens at all. 

Well I must be doing something wrong then as I've been able to upgrade the UK to Bulldog & Demon but none of the others and now I can't upgrade to the Bristol either.

When I get the "purchase" screen on it has the credit price but also says I need 11 tokens or 300 gold to upgrade any nation from the basic first aircraft.

Huckelbubi #7 Posted 15 February 2016 - 12:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [E-D] E-D
The 11 Tokens / 300 Gold means that you need a Hangar Slot... you only had 7 or 8 in the beginning of the Game
You must disable that you would buy a new Slot for this plane

Es gibt viel zu verlieren, du kannst nur gewinnen...

BitzR #8 Posted 15 February 2016 - 12:38 PM

Airman Basic

• 177 battles

View PostHuckelbubi, on 15 February 2016 - 12:27 PM, said:

The 11 Tokens / 300 Gold means that you need a Hangar Slot... you only had 7 or 8 in the beginning of the Game

Okay thanks I'll have a look at that tonight...

Cheaterhater #9 Posted 15 February 2016 - 04:47 PM

Testpilot

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles
  • [JFA] JFA

View PostHuckelbubi, on 15 February 2016 - 01:27 PM, said:

View PostBitzR, on 15 February 2016 - 01:38 PM, said:

Okay thanks I'll have a look at that tonight...

Indeed. It's the same mechanic in WoT/WoWs though. You can just sell your tier I planes once you've researched all the tier II planes, as there's not much of a point keeping those (unless you really enjoy playing tier I).
RIP WoWP

naksahdus #10 Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

About tokens, they are received, at least for old high tier players, for completing all 3 parts of daily mission. Parts are at tiers 1-4, 5-7 and 8-10, same random daily mission done 3 times each, at different tiers.

I think you start getting those tokens after you have your first tier 8 plane, and possibility to complete missions with it. Don't know for sure, but I assume that tier 8 is needed, and not having it doesn't mean requirement for token would be lower?

Anyway, getting hangar slots would be excellent choice with tokens for a new player. You can get new slot every second day, even slightly more often, with the opportunity to gain 2 tokens from each 3 daily mission, so 6 tokens per day, and hangar slot costing 11 tokens. Hangar slots would be, at least for me, the direst need for new account. Though better not spend tokens for slots in advance too early, only as needed, so you have spare ones, if there comes other good uses for them.

Hanszeehock #11 Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:28 PM

First Lieutenant

• Squadron Leader
  • 1 battle
  • [COSTS] COSTS
But new players cannot earn tokens because you need a T8 plane, more than one if the daily missions are limited to a particular type of aircraft. 

naksahdus #12 Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

That's why rushing to first tier 8 would be a good idea. Free hangar slots after that.

Bad/hard missions can be reset every 4 hours, so multiple times per day if needed. And for me it doesn't usually give too many wrong type missions, been resetting all ground attack types, and don't even yet have tier 8 GAA.

Anyway, even getting 1 new hangar slot per week, out of 3-4 possible, should be great improvement and freebie for anyone starting this now.

Hanszeehock #13 Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:24 PM

First Lieutenant

• Squadron Leader
  • 1 battle
  • [COSTS] COSTS
Really? How long do you think it would take a new player to get to T8 ? 

naksahdus #14 Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostHanszeehock, on 16 February 2016 - 01:24 AM, said:

Really? How long do you think it would take a new player to get to T8 ? 

I have no exact idea, but around 1k played rounds could do it? Depending on if premium account, and amount of skill to gain XP/credits in each round.

Could be even less, than that 1k rounds needed. Heard that ArmasP (from same country than me) elited recently his XF5U Pancake tier 8, without premium account, and no free-xp used (if I understood correctly), and he has now 126 rounds played with it. Lower tiers should take much less per plane, not insanely long even with slightly lower skill, assuming player has some gaming history.

But yes, the truth is that minimal amount of all players trying this game ever reach tier 8. That's probably why they have increased it's worthiness with possibility to gain tokens and free slots.

Hanszeehock #15 Posted 16 February 2016 - 11:04 AM

First Lieutenant

• Squadron Leader
  • 1 battle
  • [COSTS] COSTS

ArmasP is a good player. New players are rarely any good for their first few hundred battles. So it would take a newer player a lot longer to get to T8 than Armas.

The point is that the token system is pointless for new players and just encourages the retention of the existing playerbase. Perhaps what is needed is separate missions for players with less than a certain number of battles? 

naksahdus #16 Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostHanszeehock, on 16 February 2016 - 02:04 PM, said:

ArmasP is a good player. New players are rarely any good for their first few hundred battles. So it would take a newer player a lot longer to get to T8 than Armas.

The point is that the token system is pointless for new players and just encourages the retention of the existing playerbase. Perhaps what is needed is separate missions for players with less than a certain number of battles? 

You are right about the general situation, new players usually are not very good. But, at same time you are not right about what's possible in practice, just by keeping eyes open. Being bad isn't "unescapable" for a new player. I have recently seen lone players with less than 1000 rounds playing well, also newbie clan players in flight with other, also doing well.

Doing decently is mainly about attitude. Adapting to what works, and learning to win. Being bad is doing your "own stuff" and banging head to the wall, again and again. For example, almost any good stat player from WoT would do ok here, just because they have understood the idea of adapting and finding ways. They are not "hard headed", stats do show it.

Getting first tier 8 would be possible with lower than 1000 rounds played. I just can't compare from my own stats, because I almost always buy first engine or gun upgrade with free-xp, and almost only gather days first wins because of multiplier. Meaning slow advance per month per plane, but extremely fast per played round, even while I don't use premium account. I have tier 7's Yak-3 and I-220 both elited, with 42 and 50 played rounds with them, some of those rounds played already as elite. Tier 8 for new account would be possible within 1 month, playing less than 1k rounds, probably even without premium account, certainly with it.

And the bonus tokens are most worthwhile for a new player, because they need more to get their account to decent setup. Balance in game is, that no premium account is needed, for other than speeding up advancement. Hangar slots were the only thing left needing real money, now even they are free. Like I said earlier, possible to get 3-4 slots per each week. Only thing left as a need would be a good tier 8 premium plane, for credits gathering, enabling higher average tier playing, and even those are now given away 1-2 times per year from rows of special missions. Real free to play game.

Slight of topic, WG CEO Viktor Kislyi says here that investment for WoWp has been in similar class as WoT, "dozens of millions". :bajan:

To me it seems they have given up trying to get it back from the game. Everythig seems now like "damage control" to save face. Keep game running mainly for free, to keep everyone satisfied. Maybe future updates are planned to make this popular enough to generate money again, but for now this kind of is free for everyone.

jnishar #17 Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1868 battles
  • [D_O_D] D_O_D
i cant buy a new aircraft.. even with a hangar free.. without tokens :(
Take it to the limit.
One more time.

maxram68 #18 Posted 09 November 2016 - 07:48 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 0 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

View Postjnishar, on 08 November 2016 - 08:46 PM, said:

i cant buy a new aircraft.. even with a hangar free.. without tokens :(

You need silver for a new aircraft.

If you want to "fast track" the research of modules (airframe,guns,whatever) free XP can be used for that.

Tokens are useful for hangar slots - unless you want to bleed some real money and buy a hangar slot for gold. But hangar space  doesn't seem to be your problem.

You'll also need a pilot.

Unless you take a pilot from another plane and retrain the geezer, you can get a new pilot (using silver).

An alternative is to "fast track" the new pilot to 100% using gold.

jnishar #19 Posted 10 November 2016 - 04:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1868 battles
  • [D_O_D] D_O_D

View Postmaxram68, on 09 November 2016 - 07:48 AM, said:

You need silver for a new aircraft.

If you want to "fast track" the research of modules (airframe,guns,whatever) free XP can be used for that.

Tokens are useful for hangar slots - unless you want to bleed some real money and buy a hangar slot for gold. But hangar space  doesn't seem to be your problem.

You'll also need a pilot.

Unless you take a pilot from another plane and retrain the geezer, you can get a new pilot (using silver).

An alternative is to "fast track" the new pilot to 100% using gold.

no it says i need tokens.. which is odd ;/ 

If i knew how to insert a photo in here, you could see i have a free hangar, and plenty of money to buy.. but the button for the "buy a room" wont accept it either way.. it says i dont have tokens.. when i unclick it.. it says i dont have room for it.. and thats the strange part.. because i have 1 hangar free!!! :D

Take it to the limit.
One more time.

jakub_czyli_ja #20 Posted 10 November 2016 - 05:55 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 1626 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

All you need is to make a screenshot, upload it to some service and then post a link here.

Clear cache/Skasuj cache: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%TEMP%\wargaming.net\wowp\cache"

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

Also tagged with tokens

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users