Tokens in World of Warplanes

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 29 March 2016 - 09:38 AM

Aviation HQ

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
Learn about the new currency, how to get it and what are its benefits.

Full news text

_KOntraSH_ #2 Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:52 PM

Airman Basic

• 129 battles
  • [SR99] SR99

Edited by _KOntraSH_, 29 March 2016 - 12:52 PM.

reverzibilni #3 Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 34734 battles
  • [S__B] S__B
Will it be able to replace the tokens for some premium planes?

Zanov #4 Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha Test Veteran
  • 16565 battles
  • [NGADA] NGADA

Could be possible to end some Spring Offensive mission with tokens?

Best regards.

Yndy_ #5 Posted 29 March 2016 - 03:09 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3634 battles
  • [S_FI] S_FI
It's not crystal clear for me, 150 tokens for 30 days premium will remain even after the Spring Offensive mission is over?

_Stealth_Hunter_ #6 Posted 29 March 2016 - 06:02 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 10960 battles
No, it seems like the option to buy 30 days of premium for tokens is here to stay.

#BotLivesMatter

Old signature now in accordance to standards passed by our new robotic overlords

Sturmi_0545 #7 Posted 30 March 2016 - 06:10 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 5216 battles
  • [SNOB] SNOB

awesome design decision, those tokens and rewards/missions, IMO. WoWp becoming the "air support" for Tanks and Warships by providing free XP and premium time. I love it and think, that's the ONE thing WG does kinda right ;)

seems, WG is becoming more "generous" and actually rewards people playing (well) as soon as they see it as their last straw to save a game...

Edited by Sturmi_0545, 30 March 2016 - 06:23 PM.

omglaserspewpew #8 Posted 31 March 2016 - 05:21 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 12027 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27

The problem, though, is, that you can get tokens for medals at tier 1. Meaning, many will farm those at lower tiers, scaring even more newbies away.

#justwgthings

m1nus #9 Posted 01 April 2016 - 06:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 5198 battles
One solution to that would be to change the ammount of tokens you get for each reward depending on tier. Meaning you get 1 token for ace in tier 1-5 and 2 for getting an ace in tier 6-10 while keeping the one every day limit. So normally many will try for the 2 tokens option and leave the low tiers alone. :B Or something like that.

joyFinger #10 Posted 03 April 2016 - 10:06 AM

Airman Basic

• 2427 battles
its not actually about saving the game but developing it. they could just let wowp exist and harvest wot like they did for years, but they are trying to resurrect the obviously failed project. thats a smart policy and i like it

joyFinger #11 Posted 03 April 2016 - 10:44 AM

Airman Basic

• 2427 battles

i see a common misunderstanding that i would like to clear: to get tokens you'll have to complete any task for low, medium AND high tiers, making it three completions a day per mission total.

thus you need to have at least tier 8 aircraft to farm daily objectives.

the difficulty of these missions is average, they wont make yo arse sweat but it'll take a few hours to do them all.

you get 1-3 tokens for each of three different missions + 1 per day for medal +17 tokens available in spring offensive event, which requires at least tier 4 to participate.

considering you'll receive like 7 tokens per day, it'll take only 3 weeks to reach the lovely 30 days PA reward.

so you can have 100% uptime PA playing wowp about 3 hrs a day.

or you can take turns, playing hard in wot for a month then having rest in wowp. casual's wet dream.

if you think WG is stupid, they are not. the marketing service there made like 90% of success for them.

Edited by joyFinger, 03 April 2016 - 11:03 AM.

naksahdus #12 Posted 03 April 2016 - 11:22 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7981 battles

View PostjoyFinger, on 03 April 2016 - 01:44 PM, said:

you get 1-3 tokens for each of three different missions + 1 per day for medal +17 tokens available in spring offensive event, which requires at least tier 4 to participate.

considering you'll receive like 7 tokens per day, it'll take only 3 weeks to reach the lovely 30 days PA reward.

so you can have 100% uptime PA playing wowp about 3 hrs a day.

or you can take turns, playing hard in wot for a month then having rest in wowp. casual's wet dream.

if you think WG is stupid, they are not. the marketing service there made like 90% of success for them.

At least for me, after daily mission token amounts changed from 2 each to 1-3 each, tokens/day dropped significantly. First day after change, daily missions were 1, 2 and 3 tokens worth, so same old 6 per day total. Recently my daily missions are almost only 1 token worths, so daily amount of tokens are only 3 from them. Of course medals can give more, but overal it's now less than 6 per day average total tokens.

_Stealth_Hunter_ #13 Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:17 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 10960 battles

The system for tokens might be nice and all, but it doesn't do much to increase population, if WG doesn't start running an actual ad campaign for WoWP.

The playerbase of WG's other games either have no idea WoWP exists, no idea what is going on here or plain hate it, because of mistakes WG made in the past.

#BotLivesMatter

Old signature now in accordance to standards passed by our new robotic overlords

Gorzki #14 Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:36 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 13035 battles
  • [1PADX] 1PADX

Tokens drove me AWAY from WoWp.

Let me explain why:

without them I was playing the planes I want to lay, with my goal reaching all tier 10 planes.

Now with tokens available I feel compelled (eh, my OCD) to get those tokens as often as possible. I log before work to check missions, I log in work to change missions, I play in the evening when I have most easily obtainable missions.

I play premium planes of tiers 1-4 (Fortunately I have dozens of them). I wouldn't use them anymore but to finish missions I have to.

It worked when 250 tokens were worth tier 8 plane although I was feeling a bit tired with them.

Now, with 150 tokens being worth 30 days premium (which is equal to 1800 gold if you buy 1 year premium with 10% discount, as I always do) it's not worth the effort.

Especially considering that while I was playing only for fun I had fun from wining or losing the battles. If I got medal - great, if I didn't - also great.

Now, 9 out of 10 battles are frustrating, because either my team roflstomped enemy and I didnt have time t complete the mission, enemy team steamrolled mine and I was chased down by 3 other players or just because I almost did the mission - but not quite.

You may say "don't do missions then" - nut it doesnt work that way. Resigning from the reward is much worse then not having the option at all.

So for me, this missions made me more active for 3 months - but drove me away from the game after that. 

And problem with the game population may be caused by low conversion rate (not enough players playing long enough to get hooked) - miossions are not working for them anyway.

remove flights from the game

CheefCoach #15 Posted 11 April 2016 - 06:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 19204 battles
  • [S__B] S__B

Daily missions are tiring but mostly doable (and you can switch ones you don't like). And you don't have to finnish them in one day. 

Geting hangars and premium times is 3 times more expensive than buying them for money, but no money spend is required. But t8 premium cost exactly the same, and that is point of tokens. Every 6 months there is token offensive (every second), which offers 3 planes. Then those token accumulation will be appreciated

https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

Gorzki #16 Posted 11 April 2016 - 06:50 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 13035 battles
  • [1PADX] 1PADX

View PostCheefCoach, on 11 April 2016 - 06:30 PM, said:

Daily missions are tiring but mostly doable (and you can switch ones you don't like). And you don't have to finnish them in one day. 

Geting hangars and premium times is 3 times more expensive than buying them for money, but no money spend is required. But t8 premium cost exactly the same, and that is point of tokens. Every 6 months there is token offensive (every second), which offers 3 planes. Then those token accumulation will be appreciated

It's more expensive then 3 times, cause you can get premium time cheaper then 2500 gold/30 day.

Swapping missions not always work good enough.

But still, you miss my point. For some people it may work well, but for me it doesnt. I feel pressured into playing till I finish all 3 missions, but it always ends up with the feeling of frustration and never satisfaction.

Also all missions that you can accumulate something (XP, superiority, damage, frags, victories) are worth 1 token while 2 and 3 tokens missions are mostly the ones you can get in 1 battle and seem easy - but in fact every time I try them I feel annoyed with every battle that I "almost" did it.

It works for few days or weeks, convincing me to play more, but after that I just realise I'm exhausted and frustrated with WoWp and I turn to WoT and WoWs.

You may have other view on that, I just share mine.

I would find it more acceptable if I could change the levels or if they were split differently, for example:

IV, VII, X

III, VI, IX

II, V, VIII

that way regardless if you are starting player (up to tIV) or veteran, finishing most of the trees you can play the tiers you want.

Also adding more different kinds of missions, reducing the number of missions requiring luck and changing the mission swapping from 1 per 4 hours to 5 per day (so you don't have to log in whole day) would improve the experience

Right now there is a lot of veteran players doing missions on low tiers and sealclubbing never helps in converting players from begginers to long termers. 

remove flights from the game

reverzibilni #17 Posted 17 April 2016 - 07:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 34734 battles
  • [S__B] S__B
Anybody some information, what will become of tokens?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users