Poll about the matchmaker

bot mm tier balance

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Mixing tiers again, thanks to the bots. (25 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 10 battles in order to participate this poll.

Are you satisfied with the current +/-1(2) tier matchmaking?

1. Yep. I love to make tier 6 peasants cry with my I-220 and i want to be matched against tier 8 more often with my shiny HGIII. (9 votes [36.00%])

Percentage of vote: 36.00%

2. Nop. It gives such advantage to players which mostly can't be compensated by skill, in game intelligence, flight, or whatever. (16 votes [64.00%])

Percentage of vote: 64.00%

Vote Hide poll

_Smok3R_ #1 Posted 15 April 2016 - 12:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
Here we are again... Same old story, the mighty matchmaker. The MM!

Edited by _Smok3R_, 17 April 2016 - 08:35 AM.

Valiminator #2 Posted 15 April 2016 - 02:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 8 battles
  • [_BRO] _BRO

I would like to see a section where players can vote for bots or no bots ingame too

...at least just for satisfying curiosity    :sceptic:

MacFergus #3 Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles

Tier spread isn't that bad until you hit tier 8 and then everything changes , the sheer firepower of some planes makes others unplayable , I don't think I've played a Light Fighter after tier 8 for 2 yrs there really is no point when you either die to an IL40 rear gun or get blown up when the super heavy's do 1 flyby.

_Smok3R_ #4 Posted 17 April 2016 - 08:45 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles

View PostMacFergus, on 15 April 2016 - 05:48 PM, said:

Tier spread isn't that bad

It is bad. This game is not like WOT or WOWS.

_Stealth_Hunter_ #5 Posted 17 April 2016 - 08:50 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 53 battles

There's a few planes that would do fine in +/-2 MM, but most planes are better off with +/-1 MM.

Hell, most fighters struggle when it comes to fighting a heavy that's one Tier higher...

#BotLivesMatter

Old signature now in accordance to standards passed by our new robotic overlords

_Smok3R_ #6 Posted 17 April 2016 - 09:02 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles

Since the latest update +/-1(2) tier matchamking became such regular like never before. It really has to be taken away, because it's killing the game. Of course i know this was the part of the game in the early days, but since that time the game itself and also the players (who stayed) have been changed a lot. This kind of matchmaking doesn't work anymore.

Edited by _Smok3R_, 17 April 2016 - 09:04 AM.

CheefCoach #7 Posted 17 April 2016 - 09:33 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 539 battles
  • [S__B] S__B

I have killed t9 planes with Spitfire IX. MM is just fine, and stop jerking it. You will just make it worse!

It is not like WoT. You can actually make damage against plane on higher tier. When higher tier tank jump in front of you, you just can't punch threw his %#%^%%^ armor. And higher tier ship usually wins in duels; but EVERYWHERE IT IS WHO IS BETTER PLAYER!

https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

MacFergus #8 Posted 18 April 2016 - 01:59 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles

View PostCheefCoach, on 17 April 2016 - 09:33 PM, said:

I have killed t9 planes with Spitfire IX. MM is just fine, and stop jerking it. You will just make it worse!

It is not like WoT. You can actually make damage against plane on higher tier. When higher tier tank jump in front of you, you just can't punch threw his %#%^%%^ armor. And higher tier ship usually wins in duels; but EVERYWHERE IT IS WHO IS BETTER PLAYER!

Yep so have I but prop light fighters or even multi roles are no match or come even close to a match for the HG or 228 or any heavy tier 9 , only way I kill them suckers is if they go to low or come to close other than that you have no chance , as for the IL40 shredder rear gun than can reduce your whopping average 360 hp fighter to dust in a few seconds while it outruns you at low lvl enough said I think , Light fighters have been givin a shitty deal after tier 8 imho and a tier spread just makes it worse , 7&8 is fine 8&9 are not...

CheefCoach #9 Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:19 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 539 battles
  • [S__B] S__B

It is hard for every plane to kill HG or 228 if it is in hands of experienced player. But it is possible, even for light fighters. On same way, it is not easy with HG or 228 to hit anything (unless you are bot or high caliber player).

The biggest problem is that there is very few players in higher tiers, and that tho good ones plays so many battles, that they are in almost every battle.  So you get felling that some planes are much better then they are. Of course, heavy fighters on higher tiers are at least slightly overpowered. 

bodo008 #10 Posted 19 April 2016 - 11:47 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 25 battles

Play and don't complain!

In WOT with light tanks you have +-3(4) tier and nobody complain - you cannot penetrate the armor at all.

Also if you are in lower tier you surly have better maneuverability - use that, drag them to AA, play smart and still can win, survive as much as possible until somebody can help, etc... lots of strategies could be apply depend on adversary team .

Anyhow, the big problem is when there are two OP planes in flight in higher tier and bots are on the other side -> then, no chance. This can be improve.

Therefore, never will be a MM when surely YOU WILL WIN!!! (sometimes, the better planes are on your side, otherwise are on enemy side, simple).

PLAY IT FOR FUN! not to ALWAYS WIN!

MacFergus #11 Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles

View Postbodo008, on 19 April 2016 - 11:47 AM, said:

Play and don't complain!

In WOT with light tanks you have +-3(4) tier and nobody complain - you cannot penetrate the armor at all.

Also if you are in lower tier you surly have better maneuverability - use that, drag them to AA, play smart and still can win, survive as much as possible until somebody can help, etc... lots of strategies could be apply depend on adversary team .

Anyhow, the big problem is when there are two OP planes in flight in higher tier and bots are on the other side -> then, no chance. This can be improve.

Therefore, never will be a MM when surely YOU WILL WIN!!! (sometimes, the better planes are on your side, otherwise are on enemy side, simple).

PLAY IT FOR FUN! not to ALWAYS WIN!

Light tanks in WoT arnt there to shoot people there a support tank to help arty and TDs spot they have specific role to play, And dragging enemy planes to AA isn't my idea of using skill , Do we condone people who run to the AA every time they take a bit of damage?.

Better turn rate means nothing with a two tier spread its about speed and firepower an Arl 80 would look like a stationary target to a P-38F , Its not about complaining its about balance , I would love to play all the planes in the game and I understand that the balance issue is really hard to get right but some planes stick out like a sore thumb and yes your right flights do make it worse , WG don't need to fiddle with the MM that much if they just nerf a few planes that seem to cause all the problems.

CheefCoach #12 Posted 03 May 2016 - 09:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 539 battles
  • [S__B] S__B

View PostValiminator, on 15 April 2016 - 03:36 PM, said:

I would like to see a section where players can vote for bots or no bots ingame too

...at least just for satisfying curiosity    :sceptic:

Most of players don't waste their time on forum, so any type of vote is irrelevant. And this isn't really democracy!

WG have tester, and they check everything out, so it is best it can be. Nerfing, MM, and everything. And they got asked. 

We are here to enjoy the game, and not to complain. 

SandmanX #13 Posted 04 May 2016 - 02:51 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 405 battles
  • [D_303] D_303
+/- 2 tier MM is fine as long as both teams are ballanced, but flying at 2 OP planes in flight whole day aren't.

Edited by SandmanX, 04 May 2016 - 02:57 PM.

./ts3server_startscript.sh status
Server seems to have died

Also tagged with bot, mm, tier, balance

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users