Q&A with Developers

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

MrConway #1 Posted 16 April 2016 - 12:42 PM

Community Coordinator

• WG Staff
  • 5 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

1. Are there any plans to introduce team-oriented game modes like Strongholds in WoT, or a global clan war map?

• We plan to redesign the clan system. When that is done, it will be time to look at end-game content?

2. Will there be a branch of USSR heavy fighters?

• Assembling a whole branch of them would be a big problem. What you might look forward to is maybe a mini-branch comprised of several machines or a set of Premium aircraft. There are a couple of interesting warplanes that we would personally like to see, especially as researchable machines.

3. Why is the British Tier X heavy fighter so overpowered in comparison to other heavies?

• Speaking of the Javelin, the aircraft is balanced against its class counterparts. But it is a very large target. You should always keep in mind that the HP count always depends on the aircraft signature — how easy it is to sustain damage. The machine has great armament, but it is wing-mounted so shooting effectively is harder than in the case of the HG3 or XF-90. Aside from that the Javelin’s parameters are representative of its real features — it really is the most technologically advanced and “modern” aircraft in the game.

4. Why did you nerf the Me 1092 that much?

• It was very imbalanced. Now it’s as powerful as it should be.

5. Will we see a Chinese branch?

• You will definitely see new Chinese aircraft but we don’t have a full national branch planned. Our players have a much higher demand for more popular machines.

6. What are the principles for calculating credits and experience rewards?

• Follow the developers blog, we are preparing an article on economics.

7. Will there be an option to take off from the airfield so that we don’t have “sleeping” pilots in the air when the battle loads?

• We don’t have airfields planned at the moment, but we are developing a system that will protect those players whose game clients haven’t loaded the battle by the time it starts.

8. Will we have other physics modes like simulation?

• No, we will not.

9. Will there be a game mode with limited ammunition?

• No.

10. Global map: isn’t there a possibility that it might draw top clans from Tanks and increase the online player count?

• We are not aiming to cannibalize the player bases from other WG projects. Our goal is to make a good exciting game that people would play not because some other place is worse, but because it’s fun here.

11. Japanese army warplanes?

• Yes. Soon.

12. Is there a tangible project roadmap that states a moment “X” when the online player count would skyrocket?

• There are both a detailed development plans for this year as well as a more global plan for the future.

13. Will we see other game modes besides Team Deathmatch? CTF, objective destruction maybe? Respawn?

• New game modes are being actively developed. Very actively.

14. What do you think of matchmaking based on a pilot’s flight capabilities?

• We are researching the possibility of skill-based matchmaking for a certain part of the player base. Again, this is at the research stage at the moment.

15. Why won’t Wargaming make their own Hryunomod?

• No need at the moment, but we pay close attention to the mod’s development and history for various reasons.

16. Why doesn’t Wargaming invest in web marketing?

• At the moment we prioritize other ways to develop and increase the project’s popularity.

17. Better pilot skills?

• In development!

18. Balancing flights of attack aircraft by flights of heavies is unacceptable.

• Agreed, we are working on that.

19. Why did you remove the pushback effect of shooting?

• We didn’t. You can check for yourself on a light aircraft with powerful armament and high rate of fire, like the Me P.1101.

20. Will there be a better tutorial for newcomers?

• Yes, we plan to make a much better tutorial and intro, but at the moment other tasks have a much higher priority.

21. Are there plans to decrease the number of engines for Me 262 and Yak-15? Researching 4 modules is a lot.

• No. Fewer engines means more experience to research each of them. The current module tree makes researching them to the top more straightforward.

22. Imbalanced flights: how are you planning to deal with them, because the forums are full of complaints?

• And we read all of them. The best solution for this would be skill-based matchmaking since “annihilator flights” are a direct indication of imbalance between highly skilled and less skilled players. At the moment we balance flights by adding other flights to another team, but obviously it has its flaws.

23. What’s up with the smartphone application? It hasn’t been supported properly recently.

• Popularity and demand are the main factors that affect the priority of development and support for most supplementary WG products. Apparently the Assistant app is not very popular.

24. Have you thought about introducing the Me 262 with a 50 mm cannon, maybe with an increased rate of fire?

• Yes we did. Me 262 with a single 50 mm cannon is a very complicated and peculiar aircraft. Even if we do add it to the game — it will be a Premium or gift warplane.

25. Wipe?

• Why? J

26. Emblem customization?

• Depends on the extent of customization. One thing is if we add the possibility to change colors or something like that, another would be giving players the ability to upload their own images (which you can already do as clan emblems, by the way), and yet another would be the ability for every player to add custom images to any place on the aircraft. In this case we could find ourselves in a situation where hundreds of obscene images appear in the game, and someone would need to moderate that.

27. When will the French branch get new aircraft?

• If you mean a whole researchable branch — then definitely not this year. But there will be some surprises this year in that regard.

28. What’s up with the J8M? The stats collected by My_nick_is_busy (RU player who uses WG API to collect stats from the CIS server. — XBK) say that it has a win ratio over 60%, 3% more than the next best competitor.

• The aircraft is really good when piloted by experienced and highly skilled players, but quite difficult to master for newcomers. My_nick_is_busy collects statistics for experienced players. J8M’s high win ratio is caused by its high survivability, not by its ability to destroy planes easily or deal tons of damage.

29. Rocket effectiveness in meters?

• We plan to start showing it on the HUD. The general principle of how rockets work and where they explode is described on the Blog.

30. When will we see an optimized client and hangar?

• The programming team is constantly polishing the client. 1.9.4, 1.9.5, 1.9.6 production plans all have internal optimization as high priority tasks.

31. What causes some fighters, i.e. I-16 (late), to deal damage at distances higher than the maximum 600 meters, namely 600-750 meters?

• I-16 (late) has cannons that can deal damage at up to 750 meters. Optimum distance is stated on infotips[AS1] of the guns and is 80% of the maximum distance. You can find this parameter on the aircraft characteristics tab in the Hangar.

32. What’s happening to the old aircraft like La-150, Sh-Tandem, Me 609, P-51JP?

• They are reserved and await their time.

33. When will you boost the Ta 183?

• When the appropriate moment comes.

34. Don’t you think there should be more video content?

• We agree, but the Squirrels cannot work 24/7.

35. There are no collector’s editions or any WoWP goods. Any plans to change that?

• It’s hard to say. At the moment it’s hard to predict whether anything like that will be popular. If you like, you can create a topic on the forums, vote for designs etc. If this gains traction we’ll pass it to the team responsible for that sort of activity.

36. Paint jobs and bonuses on them — do you plan to add bonuses to old paint jobs?

• We plan to rework the camouflage mechanics and make them more valuable gameplay-wise. No details on that yet, sorry. The I-180-3 paint job is a first experiment, if the community reacts positively, we will further work on this idea.

37. When will we see the Hellcat?

• Carrier-based “cats” are not coming any time soon.

38. Will we be able to get a bot as a wingman that will cover us?

• Not yet. But we are working on the overall improvement of bots.

39. Shouldn’t you balance Premium aircraft based on not only their stats but on stats for their researchable analogs too?

• We always consider the battle effectiveness of aircraft from the research trees when balancing premium ones. But some premiums are based on modifications that are very different from regular aircraft, and though they are similar in some traits they may be completely different in terms of battle effectiveness. For example the Bf 110B is a classic heavy fighter while the Bf 110 C-6, armed with an anti-tank cannon, is closer to an attack aircraft.

40. What about supporting the VOD makers and increasing the number of player-generated guides?

• We provide support to video content creators and streamers, but you need to contact us to obtain it.

41. Tanks have an update development cycle of 1 year, Warships – 6 months, what is it for WoWP?

• Actually there is no such thing as an update development cycle, there’s a feature development scope and timeline. Some features can be done in a month, some might take half a year or even more.

42. Will we see aircraft with variable-sweep wings at least in fun game modes?

• At the moment there’s a strictly technological limitation to implement animations for variable wing sweep. We even have a historical prototype of an aircraft that could have that in the game — the Me P.1101.

43. Any plans to add plane landing for additional bonuses?

• That is unlikely.

twitterqxkfa.pngfacebook65yzk.pngyoutube1nk0c.png

_Stealth_Hunter_ #2 Posted 16 April 2016 - 12:46 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 53 battles
The title got me excited, but it's just a repost of the blog article's content...:(

#BotLivesMatter

Old signature now in accordance to standards passed by our new robotic overlords

jakub_czyli_ja #3 Posted 16 April 2016 - 12:56 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 4366 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View Post_Stealth_Hunter_, on 16 April 2016 - 12:46 PM, said:

The title got me excited, but it's just a repost of the blog article's content...:(
He is from WG, maybe for him it's a breaking news?

_Stealth_Hunter_ #4 Posted 16 April 2016 - 01:18 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 53 battles
You'd think WG EU would assign someone to the WoWP forum that at least manages to skip through the news section...:hiding:

#BotLivesMatter

Old signature now in accordance to standards passed by our new robotic overlords

TanK3r_98 #5 Posted 16 April 2016 - 03:45 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
  • [NEPA-] NEPA-
I was playing this game a lot when it was in beta because it was very funny and interesting with games 1 vs 1 players. Now it' different... i propose to be fights with 5-10 players in one team or 10-15 players per team... Once in a while at least, i think that it will be interesting at least. Will you introduce that ?

CheefCoach #6 Posted 03 May 2016 - 09:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 5806 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostTanK3r_98, on 16 April 2016 - 04:45 PM, said:

I was playing this game a lot when it was in beta because it was very funny and interesting with games 1 vs 1 players. Now it' different... i propose to be fights with 5-10 players in one team or 10-15 players per team... Once in a while at least, i think that it will be interesting at least. Will you introduce that ?

That we are calling clan warfare. And you can always assemble 30 people and go into training room. 
https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

Tsunamyboy #7 Posted 08 May 2016 - 05:08 AM

Senior Airman

• 3633 battles
  • [ROAFB] ROAFB
Multilined WarplanesCarousel for World of Warplanes. Can you add in your next update possibility to allows us to set the airplanes in the hangar in two, three, four rows. Thanks.

Simon_lord #8 Posted 13 May 2016 - 09:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 11 battles
  • [_UN_] _UN_
My question to developers is: are you going to do something with this so f u c k e d up really really f u c k e d up MM you have invented??

UNFORGIVEN MEMBER

Tsunamyboy #9 Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:09 PM

Senior Airman

• 3633 battles
  • [ROAFB] ROAFB
I broke the rules and my chat was close for a time . That's normal, but not normal to take the Functions of game without can't play for coordonate defense or attack of Soldiers and Veterans, after you take my money for premium days and I get nothingh in this period. I get one response in a ticket " Even if you cannot coordinate and must trust your team and the way they coordinate the battle, you are still winning more credits and experience for each battle " that's really not true I play just with one human and rest bots can't play so that's response is for someone who don't play this game or she Laura Grey (Customer Service Representative) don't know anythingh about this game. Is frustrated to see answer like this but more frustrated are they take possibility to play game inhibited that Function( F2, F3 , F4 ( COVER ME) .... ) THAT'S FOR GAME PLAY NOT FOR CHAT . I sugest to developers that function to put separate and if you close someone chat that function to be usable. You take at players possibility to play game without that function (or play just to lose) and if someone pay for your game this is not normal because how that girl say "premium days cannot be compensated" so my money go in she's pocket and I get nothingh for them. For me that represent theft I dunno if for wargaming.net represent else ? So blocked some function of game not normal, blocked chat yes.  Best regards, and I hoppe someone will read what I say and take a decission. I don't stay in that 3 or 4 days premium what I lose because I don't want to play just to lose, but not normal what happen. 

Edited by Tsunamyboy, 20 May 2016 - 06:13 PM.

_Desper #10 Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 1795 battles

Mt.

Edited by _Desper, 22 May 2016 - 10:09 PM.

Dak28 #11 Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:34 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 307 battles
What about italian tech tree?

SandmanX #12 Posted 14 August 2016 - 01:38 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 663 battles
  • [D_303] D_303
Posted 16 April 2016 - 02:42 PM
./ts3server_startscript.sh status
Server seems to have died

Mnemonick #13 Posted 24 August 2016 - 11:25 AM

Senior Airman

• 113 battles
  • [D-302] D-302

Hello!

I have few hints which may help make the game better.

First of all, according to the laws of phisics if aircraft is flyin with a speed less than 1 mach it is cooling faster than it would be cooling while standing on the ground. So if aircraft would fly faster it should be cooling faster, especially if it is powered by air-cooled engine. :)

Another thing I want to tell you is german heavy fighter tree:

Tier VIII- Me 262,

Tier IX -  Me 262,

Tier  X  - Me 262.

3 x Me 262? :facepalm:

I propose to add two aircrafts: He 162 due to it's speed (it sure was faster than Me 262 Schwalbe and it was constructed and was flyin.).

And the wunderwaffe! The airplane that Hitler ordered to win the war with aliants and bomb targets in USA. the "3 x 1000" Horten Ho 229. https://www.google.pl/imgres?imgurl=http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/warthunder/images/2/2d/Shot-2014.07.01-18.48.04.jpg/revision/latest%3Fcb%3D20141013152651&imgrefurl=http://warthunder.wikia.com/wiki/Horten_Ho_229&h=1080&w=1920&tbnid=IsiUmqSOMJgjRM:&tbnh=112&tbnw=199&docid=GQjB_Sp_ogRRjM&itg=1&client=firefox-b&usg=__yAyKKPwBBisAzW-asP7oWVzrs9U=

Javelin was made after the war while Ho 229 was flying while the war was in progress. Some people may say that Ho 229 is too advanced and shouldn't be here cause it wouldn't be fair. Well I don't propose the flying soucer Haunebu in tech tree reglardless if it's prototype was in air on 1942. The fact is that in NASA there is still one human who daily doesn't do anything else at work than tryin' to figure out why flyin' wings can actually fly. Because according to present laws of psisics it shouldn't fly due to it's shape. And the fact is that americans have gained turmendous advantige after the WWII by taking german technology and scientists to USA. Horten Ho 229 not only looks great, it also was the first stealth fighter. Did it fly 1000km/h? - Yes it did! It was the first ultrasonic plane [but americans will never admit that :) ] (it was the real couse of crash of jet powered Ho 229 prototype). Wooden parts didn't handle the vibration so they were made of metal after the test pilot died.

People keep asking why javelin has much better statistics than Me 262 HGIII and they won't stop asking.

plane/stats health points fire power speed agility level
Javelin 1200 1020 1098 161 2600
Me262 HGIII 750 979 999 162

589 points of difference make javelin overpowered and bigger model or wing mounted guns won't make people stop thinking that it isn't fair.

Giving german tech tree Horten Ho 229 will let people have something new (not 3 x Me 262) and will give germans more advanced plane with better statistics. And + Horten looks AMAZING! And people will love it.

Another thing I wanna say is that in battles I see mostly polish people. And there is no polish tech tree. Not even a single airplane. There were many good polish planes, like P11C. I agree that there may ba a problem with finding tier IX and X out of polish planes. But polish pilots also flew in division  303 of RAF in all types of Spitfire. On polish forum polish people keep asking for polish tech tree. Please keep that in mind.

regards

Mnemonick

Edited by Mnemonick, 24 August 2016 - 08:50 PM.

jakub_czyli_ja #14 Posted 24 August 2016 - 11:43 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 4366 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2
Here are some capital letters: MPPPPPPPPPJ.

Mnemonick #15 Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:42 PM

Senior Airman

• 113 battles
  • [D-302] D-302

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 24 August 2016 - 11:43 AM, said:

Here are some capital letters: MPPPPPPPPPJ.

And here are some small letters: mpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppj - they will be awesome for such smalltalks.

regards

Mnemonick

jakub_czyli_ja #16 Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:46 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 4366 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2
Any news about February update and event?

7524 #17 Posted 08 May 2018 - 09:34 AM

Senior Airman

• 141 battles
What I would like to see in the next update and what would be fair considering how they *ucked us up with patch 2.0 is the ability to sell ALL aircraft in a hangar with ALL equipment on them with one click and transfer silver to WOT where would be more useful because THIS WOWP i will not play...EVER!
2.0 = :facepalm:

TraianusXXX #18 Posted 04 January 2019 - 07:55 PM

Airman Basic

• 61 battles

Hi everybody. I'd like to know where I could ask about why the graphics are now so different from those I was used to a couple of years ago. They were like they are in World of Tanks (very realistic) and the battles were also different. Thanks everybody

dreambill #19 Posted 04 January 2019 - 08:26 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3896 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

the old game was killed 1+ year ago and replaced with what you see now, for the better (they told us).

You can try it and see if it suits you more or less than before.

zen_monk_ #20 Posted 04 January 2019 - 08:50 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 6601 battles
  • [__] __

This new game is absolutely superior to the old version. If this was the game from the start it would be more populated than WoWS.

What spoils the playing now are the bugs, not the game. That's what people complain about.

The problem we have right now on the forum are handful of people who use every critics for the bugs to push the agenda of the old game.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users