Italian Planes - Why not?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Poll: Italian planes - Why not? (134 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

If wargaming introduce Italian tech tree, you will buy new planes?

1. Yes, i would buy Italian Planes (126 votes [94.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 94.03%

2. No, i don't like italian planes (3 votes [2.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.24%

3. Maybe, it depends by the planes type (5 votes [3.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.73%

Vote Hide poll

GonerNL #41 Posted 14 October 2019 - 02:14 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 11929 battles

Just saw this in the 'questions for the developers' thread on CIS forum, post by Grenoli  :

View messageSlavomir26 (Oct 11, 2019 - 12:54) wrote:

Hello dear developers! There is such a question - is it possible for a full-fledged branch of Italian fighters to appear in the game?

Greetings. No, the appearance of Italian aircraft in the game is very unlikely. 

Edited by GonerNL, 14 October 2019 - 02:18 PM.

levlos #42 Posted 14 October 2019 - 03:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6015 battles
  • [-IRON] -IRON

Hey guys !

The reason we will not see italian planes is that there are not enough Italians around with a VISA card ready to melt :)
Also, it might be the "looser" syndrome that plagues the minor participants of WW2 (check the "French" general idiotic WW2 memes), who were not able to make it to the 1945 deadline (pun intended) without being absorbed by their stronger or more manic brethren.

I design wargames for a living: selling games with Italians is harder -there are no bloody svastikas around to get people motivated. if Captain Corelli' wielded a flamethrower instead of a mandolin, ate babies, secretely worshipped Satan and had built a flying saucer to escape to the dark side of the Moon, we surely would have the beautiful Italian Planes to play with. Alas, the italians were just guys like you and me, poorly led, and were crappy hero material.

So, no fun for you, as Claus says !! :)

PS: not that there are tons of beautiful and unique designs to work with, nononono. Anybody here a fan of Italian camouflages ?

- You can't shoot me! I have a very low threshold of death. My doctor says I can't have bullets enter my body at any time.-

- Handle these capsules with care. Dr. Noah's bacillus is highly contagious. This germ, when distributed in the atmosphere will make all women beautiful and destroy all men over 4'6."-

ApartClassic - 'may all your certainly illegitimate progeny suffer pox or at least perpetual flu'

GonerNL #43 Posted 14 October 2019 - 05:51 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 11929 battles

View Postlevlos, on 14 October 2019 - 05:52 PM, said:

The reason we will not see italian planes is that there are not enough Italians around with a VISA card ready to melt

You mean, unlike the thousands of Poles, Czechs, Cinese etc, who have cards and pay WG for planes ??

Sure ... that must be it.

I wonder what moves them to invent all these pathetic paper planes instead of putting in some real planes that actually flew and fought.

levlos #44 Posted 14 October 2019 - 06:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6015 battles
  • [-IRON] -IRON

View PostGonerNL, on 14 October 2019 - 05:51 PM, said:

You mean, unlike the thousands of Poles, Czechs, Cinese etc, who have cards and pay WG for planes ??

Sure ... that must be it.[...]

Its a different thing making just one plane and whole new tech trees -do you doubt that wargaming is income motivated ? I mean, they did one polish plane, a handful of French (premium, all, mind you), and the rest are reskins.

If the Chinese had a more substantial airforce in the time-frame we are dealing with, be sure they would have a tree, just like the sorry excuse for a tree in WoT. I am sure you are very well aware of all this anyhow.

Paper planes are sexy, and they can be introduced one-by-one. You will notice that the most paper planes are either German (people just love those wonky pieces of German uber-engineering) and Soviet (for reasons still mysterious to me, hehe).
I doubt thousands of poles have paid to play the tier III aircraft. If they had made a PZL P.11 or P.24, might have been better, or a P-23 Karras, perhaps. No, not even , let's be realistic.

I also doubt So many Czechs have either. For the French, well, perhaps ? In any event, we are talking about less planes than I have kids.

I will paraphrase Atahualpa Yupanqui:

"Does wargaming care about his client base ?

Sometimes Yes, sometimes No,

But what is sure,
is that it is eating at the table of the bosses"

(¿Que Dios vela por los pobres?

Talvez sí, y talvez no.
Pero es seguro que almuerza
en la mesa del patrón.)

... meaning Wargaming has to make profit, so it prioritizes accordingly. It certainly is not wrong, they have to pay people and all that. Plus they make the game free for most of us to play. So... I am glad anyhow !!!

I certainly will miss the Veltro, centauro and Sagittario but well... Wish the game was so succesful as to have a larger playerbase... sigh.

Levlos.

- You can't shoot me! I have a very low threshold of death. My doctor says I can't have bullets enter my body at any time.-

- Handle these capsules with care. Dr. Noah's bacillus is highly contagious. This germ, when distributed in the atmosphere will make all women beautiful and destroy all men over 4'6."-

ApartClassic - 'may all your certainly illegitimate progeny suffer pox or at least perpetual flu'

Frateras #45 Posted 14 October 2019 - 07:02 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 9926 battles
  • [JV44] JV44
They have implemented an Italien tech tree in WoT and probably they will introduce some Italian planes in the European one. But ist lost of work and money for a small player base.

Edited by Frateras, 14 October 2019 - 07:03 PM.

GonerNL #46 Posted 26 November 2019 - 10:19 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 11929 battles

View PostFrateras, on 14 October 2019 - 08:02 PM, said:

probably they will introduce some Italian planes in the European one.

Sorry to disappoint you, but Grenoli (dev on the CIS forum) said recently : No, the appearance of Italian aircraft in the game is very unlikely. 

nitemare_gary #47 Posted 26 November 2019 - 03:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2287 battles
  • [RT0X] RT0X
The Chinese have the Ba.27. Technically Italian.:trollface: 

Like the top post on this topic:http://forum.worldof...599#entry602599

If you do, you will have earnt a place in the immortal hall of WOWP fame! :izmena:

Renwor #48 Posted 27 November 2019 - 07:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 2562 battles

Well, it would be interesting to know an amount of income from say, Poland, or Czechs vs. Italy.   My guess would be us central europeans may not be wealthy westerners, but, we do appreciate our planes. 

Not many czechs bought their premium would be my guess, because it was in a moment given out as reward plane (though the premium version is 20mm better :) )

Still, I think main reason we will not get italian planes is, they (WG) cannot find a performance niche for them. In principle they should be either low altitude (M.C.200 , Reggiane 2000 etc.) or when german engined up (Veltro, Saggitario ) mid/high altitude light highly manouvreable lightly (relatively) armed planes. Where they should be squeezed between Yaks/Spitfires/Nakajimas ?

At low tiers it would be twin 12,7mm armed Hurricanes? At higher tiers Spitfire/Messer hybrid?  Not enough space for them IMHO.

We are still missing F6F Hellcat, iconic plane by any measure. Why? Well, who needs slower Thunderbolt/Corsair hybrid?  No way how to appreciate sturdines and reliability in game.

Unfortunately I believe this is true for mostly any new branch - not enough performance space, so I believe we will maybe see just premium singles, outliers. Skyraider/Wyvern?  Skyhawk :hiding:  (just my wish list)

0berhessen #49 Posted 27 November 2019 - 08:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 5484 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Italian planes why not?

Easy, because there are no Italian planes in the game yet...

I ask instead:

why not come up with a french tree, as there are already French premium planes in the game

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

rheaghorn #50 Posted 28 November 2019 - 08:11 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Squadron Leader
  • 3422 battles
  • [-IRON] -IRON

View Post0berhessen, on 27 November 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

Italian planes why not?

Easy, because there are no Italian planes in the game yet...

I ask instead:

why not come up with a french tree, as there are already French premium planes in the game

+1.

==> there are also French players ... :)

And the French forum is ... not alive anymore :( 

GonerNL #51 Posted 28 November 2019 - 08:25 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 11929 battles

In that case, being Dutch ; I would like to have some Fokkers in the game. Planes that actually flew and fought in May '40 unlike other Euro planes that never got past the prototype phase.

0berhessen #52 Posted 28 November 2019 - 08:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 5484 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
i want a HESSEN techtree - we are famous for gliders !
There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

elias_the_great #53 Posted 28 November 2019 - 03:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3183 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12
With the introduction of the European tree, the odds of us seeing a French line is now, non existent...But that opens countless possibilities for a European tech tree...and with the immagination the WG team has, we could be seing many neat looking and rare planes with many, different markings (if many nations did own them). As for italian planes, i really want to play with the legendary MC.202 and the MC.205. Another plane i really want to see in the game is the SM.91 heavy fighter...looks like a P38 with two DB 605 engines and 6x20mm cannos plus a 20mm rear gun makes for a deadly tier 7 heavy...its wierd, its rare, its a prototype, so it must be in this game!!

Edited by elias_the_great, 28 November 2019 - 03:43 PM.

zen_monk_ #54 Posted 29 November 2019 - 12:16 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 9492 battles
  • [__] __

View Postelias_the_great, on 28 November 2019 - 04:37 PM, said:

But that opens countless possibilities for a European tech tree...and with the immagination the WG team has, we could be seing many neat looking and rare planes with many, different markings (if many nations did own them).

This.

This rent-an-european-plane might turn out to be the smartest move WG made in a long time. No need for a complicated full tech tree. Just pick the most iconic planes from Europe, from any period, and slap it as a rent-a-thingy. Just might be brilliant.

Macchis you mentioned, Dewoitine, Tunnan... endless.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

elias_the_great #55 Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3183 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

View Postzen_monk_, on 29 November 2019 - 12:16 AM, said:

... endless.

Endless and exiting...they are no mustangs and messerchmits,but they are sure to be neat 

GonerNL #56 Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:05 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 11929 battles

I'd rather see it the other way around ; that you can use UK or US planes and for instance fly them in Netherlands AF markings/colors !! We flew a lot of allied planes both in and after WWII, but there is not a single plane with Dutch markings :(

(apart from one plane, but that paintjob is offensive and historically incorrect)

Edited by GonerNL, 02 December 2019 - 02:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users