COSTS members only

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

maxram68 #1 Posted 05 November 2016 - 09:52 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 23698 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

Results: COSTS get-together, November 4th, 2016.

On a dark Friday night almost all members of COSTS gathered over the burning sands of El Halluf in order to compete for the clan-championship among T3-fighters/multirole.

After lots of gibberish/laughs on TS during several elimination matches, the top 3 positions went to (...drum roll, please...):

Third place: Talvathir.

A lethal aim combined with some completely unexpected moves that surprised both the game mechanics and also the opposition was exchanged for a 3rd place on the podium.

Well played, mate!

Second place: RRieder.

As usual in events like this, RRieder was found among the top-competitors by simply eradicating anything that moved.

We’re still wondering where he got those guns and ammunition - and we sure as hell want some on our planes also.

Although he “borrowed” a kill from the winner in the last match, the final score was against him. However, the 2nd place was secured.

Congratulations!

First place: maxram68.

Being the sponsor of this event, I won my own 1st prize, - hmmm... I guess it’s like kissing your own sister…

...but at least I also won the bragging rights in the foreseeable future.

Avoiding long dogfights and dealing serious damage to almost any geezer that appeared in the crosshair payed off.

Well done...or...something…

Thanks to all who participated, - great fun as usual!

The prizes for the 2nd and 3rd positions are on their way - I’ll donate my prize for the next event.

reverzibilni #2 Posted 05 November 2016 - 04:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 35397 battles
  • [S__B] S__B
Where is winjak the bot on this list?

PiotrSzut #3 Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:11 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Squadron Leader
  • 34650 battles
  • [FKISS] FKISS

its a private event .....

but all can read  " cost members only' 

Edited by PiotrSzut, 06 November 2016 - 01:13 AM.

Rabid_Whelk #4 Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:14 AM

Airman Basic

• 21075 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

Hi all,
​Things are being very difficult for me at the moment and my available time to get on wowp is severely limited. I've been completely non-functional for too long now but the prospects of improvement are nil until at least early January. I'm really sorry but hope to be back soon.

Best wishes,

Kim

maxram68 #5 Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 23698 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

Results: COSTS get -together, March 17th, 2017

Eleven daring COSTS members gathered for several death-matches on various maps using mixed tier (4-6) planes.

After a lot of exciting battles - where TS-blabbering, an unknown w*nking machine(...) and real-life consumables occasionally made aiming+flying very different - the top-3 positions got occupied by the following:

Third place: _MrPig_

Good old _MrPig_ once again made his way to one of the top-positions using clever tactics, lethal aim and some skilled flying.

Well done, mate!

Second place: Dudlington

After taking a break from planes to try his luck as a cabin-boy in ships, everyone thought dud. was a bit rusty.

However, a 2nd place on the podium proved we were completely wrong - or maybe we just underestimated him...

Congratulations!

First place: Cos_ace

That "ace" in the in-game name again proved to be correct. Cos killed everything that moved and avoided most bullets - the worst "damage" he got was apparently overheated guns and engine from time to time....

If the Japanese have had pilots like him, they might have won the goddamned war.

Well played - really well in fact!

A special "thank you" to our hard-tried tournament leader, THE_RED_7, who actually managed to get all battles done smoothly. Well done!

Thanks to all who participated - it was great fun as usual. 

I believe all winners got their prizes already.

Mystique_X #6 Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:00 PM

Senior Airman

• 15393 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

Proudly announcing completion of 10k kills (precise number: 10004) on my beloved FW190 A-5 after having flown 4075 battles in it.

Dedicated to my glorious Clan!

:medal::bajan::great:

Thanks too to all honorable victims...emm opponents...lol

Cheers,

Leo 

maxram68 #7 Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:01 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 23698 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

Results: COSTS Springtime Slugfest.

During three weeks of April 2017, the COSTS “Springtime Slugfest” competition took place: A mixed tier tournament with most of the clan-members participating.

Data was extracted from the Wargaming API so “progress points” and positions could be calculated for each of the competitors.

Some dubious and mostly error-free coding by yours truly made that possible...

After calculations, the results were displayed daily in the clan-forum on Talvathir’s rig so all could track progress/positions and make sinister plans about who to target in the clan...

...well: results were updated almost daily, since - so the rumours say - a goddamned moose allegedly ate the fibre-cable running to Talv’s home. It happened during the late stages of the tournament.

Fortunately, he got the site up&running again before too many competitors began suffering from PTSD. We don’t even dare imagine what happened to the moose...

After an insane race to get in top 3, where the names occupying the top-positions changed quite often, the podium places went to:

Third place: maxram68.

After clinging to the 6th place for a while, maxram68 launched a personal version of “Operation Bodenplatte” in a desperate attempt to improve the position.

Unlike what happened in 1945 the operation surprisingly payed off, and the evil clan-führer nicked the 3rd place - just one frigging victory ahead of #4 (PrivatePixel)!

Congratulations...or something...

Second place: A_Botnot.

Starting the tournament with a low score, near the bottom of the table, A_Botnot slowly and steadily began moving up the ladder - one position/victim at a time.

For the rest of us, it looked like an unstoppable freight train gaining speed on a one-way track steaming straight for the goal.

Unfortunately, the freight train got derailed by the winner...

But the 2nd place was secured with some nice results.

Well played, mate!

First place: Miesian.

In what must be attempt #17 - more or less, as far as I can remember/count - Miesian finally made it: The first place in one of our competitions.

Playing on the right tiers at the right time against the right opposition and - most important - earning those bonus-points, certainly showed a great sense of timing. During the last week of the tournament there wasn’t any doubt about Miesian would end near the top of of table.

In the last couple of days it also became clear that the top spot was his primary target, - nobody was really able to challenge that.

An outstanding performance!

Thanks to all who participated. It was really great fun and a rather special event in relation to duration and structure.

It’s almost certain a similar competition will happen later with a slightly different format.

For now, I guess most of us needs a little break after a 3-week long (and friendly) race for the top positions competing against fellow clan-mates.

Prizes will be distributed once I get the paperwork done.

I’ll donate my prize for the next event.

A_Botnot #8 Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:13 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 25852 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

Thank you Max a good wright up of what was a fun and special clan event, ( phew seemed more like three months ) but was good to be involved in.

Please could you put any prize back into clan fund as for me finishing second flying GAAs reward enough. 

Miesian #9 Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:26 PM

Airman Basic

• 16169 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

Thanks Max for running this event, ​I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The prize gold bought me an Ar 197, which should be a fun plane for earning low-tier tokens.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users