New Forum Rules In Effect

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Kandly #1 Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:02 PM

Airman Basic

• WG Staff
  • 0 battles

Pilots,

We are happy to announce that we will be introducing a new set of rules to all our forums.

While our current forum rules have worked for a long time, we know that they are overly complicated. As such, we have completely rewritten the rules and reworked the associated system of sanctions and warnings.

The new forum rules are aimed at:

• Being clear and easy to understand for every player
  • Being user-friendly for our moderation team
  • Reducing overall toxicity on our forums
  • Creating a friendlier atmosphere here for all our players

How will we achieve this?

• Rules will now be expressed much more clearly
  • The amount of rules has been drastically reduced
  • We have established a much simpler system for punishing rule violations that should be transparent to everyone

When can you expect the rules?

• We will be implementing and publishing the rules over the course of the next week

This announcement serves primarily as a heads-up, when we have published the new forum rules next week we will of course be welcoming any questions you might have!

Get Airborne!

Leirix #2 Posted 03 February 2017 - 06:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 0 battles

I understand! Auromatic banns, so you don't pay a moderator. :)

Damend! 1st hit! ;)

Ego sum magistratus et supra ortographiam! :)

omglaserspewpew #3 Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:37 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 370 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27
You mean the policy where your moderators will actually look at the forum several times per day so that we won't need to watch spam ads for half a day?

MrConway #4 Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:59 PM

Community Coordinator

• WG Staff
  • 5 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

The new forum rules are now live and already in effect.

Please take a moment to review them and let us know if you have any questions.

Link

twitterqxkfa.pngfacebook65yzk.pngyoutube1nk0c.png

jakub_czyli_ja #5 Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:06 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 218 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

So if I read that correctly, although for 2nd and 3ed offense I can get banned on forum, as a bonus, out of the blue, my game account can be banned also, without any clear rules?

Clear cache/Skasuj cache: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%TEMP%\wargaming.net\wowp\cache"

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

MrConway #6 Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:12 PM

Community Coordinator

• WG Staff
  • 5 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 06 February 2017 - 03:06 PM, said:

So if I read that correctly, although for 2nd and 3ed offense I can get banned on forum, as a bonus, out of the blue, my game account can be banned also, without any clear rules?

This paragraph is aimed at violations that transcend the forum, i.e. offering up your account for sale, which is also a EULA violation.

Your game account won't be banned for breaking any of the regular forum rules, don't worry.

Grumpy_Guts #7 Posted 06 February 2017 - 03:04 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 1135 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

" a friendly place to discuss and share content about the [ Game Name ]. "  Your words

I can understand and fully support any and all ruling that eradicates offensive and abusive use of a forum, that should not be acceptable to anyone.

But I do feel that a lack of the availability and interaction on your part over the years on the forum, ( which has decreased dramatically ) and the steadily increasing erosion of the positives that this game started out with, has a lot to do with the out of control situation you seem to have created or let it become.

We need rules and guidelines yes we live by them, take a good hard look at your game content and make the forum the friendly place it can and should be.   

MrConway #8 Posted 06 February 2017 - 03:19 PM

Community Coordinator

• WG Staff
  • 5 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

View PostA_Botnot, on 06 February 2017 - 04:04 PM, said:

" a friendly place to discuss and share content about the [ Game Name ]. "  Your words

I can understand and fully support any and all ruling that eradicates offensive and abusive use of a forum, that should not be acceptable to anyone.

But I do feel that a lack of the availability and interaction on your part over the years on the forum, ( which has decreased dramatically ) and the steadily increasing erosion of the positives that this game started out with, has a lot to do with the out of control situation you seem to have created or let it become.

We need rules and guidelines yes we live by them, take a good hard look at your game content and make the forum the friendly place it can and should be.   

This is certainly valid criticism, we've been focusing more on our other products recently.

But - development is ongoing and we hope to be able to change the level of activity here and in-game in future! ;)

_Desper #9 Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 317 battles

View PostMrConway, on 06 February 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

But - development is ongoing and we hope to be able to change the level of activity here and in-game in future! ;)

I don't think anyone have to worry about forum rulez due to current forum activity such as 1 post per day or none. For very long time writing any kind of feedback is like talking to wall, so players don't do that anymore.

Good to see that development is ongoing tho.

Leirix #10 Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 0 battles

>>> This is certainly valid criticism, we've been focusing more on our other products recently. <<<

Just a question! Why we have to pay the same for premium, consumables, vehicles and so on? You confess,that we don't have the same support as tanks or ships. I would ask you to let us play for free, cause we are alpha testers. 3 and a half year and no company battels as in WoT says all.

Ego sum magistratus et supra ortographiam! :)

Flying_Flea #11 Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:05 AM

Senior Airman

• Conquest Member
  • 173 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

One can play for free, even earn tokens to buy premium time and hangar slots. Even if you are not alpha or beta tester. 

Most of the changes in the game lately I actually do like. On us server players who behaved nice in the forum, get an extra emblem on the planes. They can show they are polite pilots :medal:

Flee for the Flea

ArtyIsSuperior #12 Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:59 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6 battles
new forum rules in effect: since all players voted for 1,9 all wargaming employees must vote for 2,0 so that poll look less catastrophic for wargaming

Edited by ArtyIsSuperior, 17 October 2017 - 05:59 PM.

DraganDL #13 Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:12 PM

Senior Airman

• 46 battles
  • [4CAF] 4CAF
*Edited

Edited by Nohe21, 29 October 2017 - 10:12 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to insults against Staff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users