Camouflage and discounts

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Matankiller #1 Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:22 AM

Senior Airman

• 1642 battles

Hello community !!

Does camouflage give a significant advantage? Is it a worthwhile investment?

Since I have found no skill that lets me know when I'm spotted, I have no way to get a feeling of the usefullness of the camos that give +15% concealment.

I'm thinking it would probably be more usefull on ground attack planes then in others. Of course the fact that you can see on the minimap where ground targets are being attacked does not help for concealment of GAA.

Eventually also on heavy fighters it could be usefull.

Is camouflage an item that appears frequently with discounts for permanent  camo with gold? How much discount normally? I think I saw 30% on a weekend special.

Thanks in advance 

Edited by Matankiller, 10 February 2017 - 10:42 AM.

velkovk19 #2 Posted 10 February 2017 - 04:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 18436 battles
  • [P___E] P___E
Camo does have an effect, but smaller than tank do. In combination with an increased view range 3-4 seconds viewing an enemy plane/s will give you advantage in positioning or preparing to shot or escape-hide. Also have in mind to try to positon yourself with a sun behind you. For the GA aircraft you are right. They can be seen hardly when low and with a camo on. But orher planes too. When is necessery to hide and escape pursuit you can fly low and use tearain to hide yourself. When I said low I mean below 30m off the ground.

Edited by velkovk19, 10 February 2017 - 04:10 PM.

A_Botnot #3 Posted 10 February 2017 - 04:54 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 27776 battles
  • [A_D] A_D
Also as a GA aircraft firing guns gives you away, destroying targets with rockets/bombs only can keep you concealed for a time.    

houghtonbee #4 Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:40 PM

Senior Airman

• 8351 battles
It is relatively pointless on WOWP, except on GAA. I've painted a few in my hanger just to make them look a little better whilst playing using free gold I acquired at some point - it's certainly not worth paying real money for!

MayyoNaise #5 Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:06 PM

Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 2026 battles

Rate of discounts for camo is usually 50% and it feels to happen every few months. Price of camo is directly dependant on plane tier. here's is a nice spreadsheet for it on the russian wiki (the upmost table is for camo).

also, the dev blog has an article which explains the visibility system in depth if you are interested.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users