Player Profile: help us make it more useful by taking part in our survey!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:04 PM

Aviation HQ

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles

Full news text

LadyKurai #2 Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 0 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

Are there only 3 questions for everyone..? Cause if there are you can barely call it a survey.

The only thing I want from the profile is the option to HIDE it, so the bloody XVM can't track me.

Like it is in WoT. Or in WoWs. 

Edited by LadyKurai, 15 March 2017 - 03:02 PM.

"Aww Lady rammed me...

That was the best hug I ever had"

jakub_czyli_ja #3 Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:13 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 282 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

I think there may be more questions after answering that you are constantly checking them.

To keep statpadders playing.

BTW main part should be accuracy split between planes and GTs.

Clear cache/Skasuj cache: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%TEMP%\wargaming.net\wowp\cache"

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

MayyoNaise #4 Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:47 PM

Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 0 battles

i selected "every now and then".

then i had something to eat, when i (about twenty minutes later) returned to fill in the reasons why i check my stats. i got an error upon sending it, pressing the 'back arrow' in my browser led me to a you 'have already completed this survey' page.

the progress bar of the survey was at 15% at the time, and i am not sure that the last info i entered even made it to the other side.

i would rate this survey an F for 'failed to function on a basic level'.

maxram68 #5 Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:28 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 0 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

View PostLadyKurai, on 15 March 2017 - 05:00 PM, said:

Are there only 3 questions for everyone..? Cause if there are you can barely call it a survey.

The only thing I want from the profile is the option to HIDE it, so the bloody XVM can't track me.

Like it is in WoT. Or in WoWs. 

I got much more than 3 questions. It was quite comprehensive tbh. 

Think I ended around 15-20, approximately (didn't count...).

LadyKurai #6 Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 0 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View Postmaxram68, on 15 March 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

I must have chosen the wrong option then. :/

Shame you can't go back and change your answers, I'm a bit curious now.

"Aww Lady rammed me...

That was the best hug I ever had"

King_ExtincE #7 Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:51 PM

You mad brah?

• Conquest Member
  • 152 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View Postmaxram68, on 15 March 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

got something like that too. In my eagerness to finish it at the end I'm afraid I forgot to fill in what lady said here before at the last quesiton (suggestion to developers), that being " The only thing I want from the profile is the option to HIDE it, so the bloody XVM can't track me."

Did get plenty of opportunities to mention how pointless it is in its current state and why, so at least I got that going for me, which is nice =)

Edited by King_ExtincE, 15 March 2017 - 04:54 PM.

Cheaterhater #8 Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:55 PM

Testpilot

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles
  • [JFA] JFA
There are a lot of questions about player profiles, the hall of fame, and a few other things. The survey asks what works, what doesn't, and what suggestions you have. There are also questions about third-party websites, though two out of three websites it asks you about are Russian-only. What I basically said is that the ominous personal rating doesn't say much (since no one knows how it's calculated), and neither does win rate. After all, just by looking at it, you don't know how it was acquired either. The only thing that can give you a hint about a player's performance is to look at the planes they played, and how often they played them. And then look at the stats they have on those planes. I also gave them the suggestion to provide an option to hide stats, and to implement skill-based matchmaking. Well, the latter is a bit off-topic, but without skill-based MM, the hall of fame only fuels toxicity and statpadding and barely has a right to exist. Skill-based MM would also drastically reduce the effect that mods like Hryunomod have (though I didn't explicitly state that). So, even if it's off-topic, it's still related in a way.
RIP WoWP

Antiheroe #9 Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:25 PM

First Lieutenant

• Senior Alpha Test Veteran
  • 40 battles
  • [JFA] JFA

View PostLadyKurai, on 15 March 2017 - 03:00 PM, said:

Are there only 3 questions for everyone..? 

Three questions for me too.

"Nunca pertenecería a un club que admitiera como socio a alguien como yo" (Groucho Marx)

King_ExtincE #10 Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:41 PM

You mad brah?

• Conquest Member
  • 152 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostCheaterhater, on 15 March 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

There are a lot of questions about player profiles, the hall of fame, and a few other things. The survey asks what works, what doesn't, and what suggestions you have. There are also questions about third-party websites, though two out of three websites it asks you about are Russian-only. What I basically said is that the ominous personal rating doesn't say much (since no one knows how it's calculated), and neither does win rate. After all, just by looking at it, you don't know how it was acquired either. The only thing that can give you a hint about a player's performance is to look at the planes they played, and how often they played them. And then look at the stats they have on those planes. I also gave them the suggestion to provide an option to hide stats, and to implement skill-based matchmaking. Well, the latter is a bit off-topic, but without skill-based MM, the hall of fame only fuels toxicity and statpadding and barely has a right to exist. Skill-based MM would also drastically reduce the effect that mods like Hryunomod have (though I didn't explicitly state that). So, even if it's off-topic, it's still related in a way.

Exactly. There's no relevant stat on any of the official stat pages. In the survey they specifically talk about player skill visibility through the stats and I sat there asking myself: do they honestly believe you can get ANY skill indication from the stats you are able to see right now? Is that  the purpose it is supposed to have? None of the displayed stats on their own give any real indication of player skill, and even if they give a slight hint of it, who's to say that isn't because of inflation through flying in flights for example? Perhaps if you could combine several stats in to a search you can give a slight indication.. like WR + SR + Avg Kills + Avg tier or % of battles in flight might give an indication. But right now you can only see one of those or well, you can invest a lot of time in manually  comparing each and then look at teh whole, but that isnt exactly user friendly  or  handy in any way and just is way too much effort to care about actually doing. Trivial, meaningless numbers as is now. At least on warplanes,today you can view the same information a lot easier with a lot less clicks and a lot more oversight and clarity.

As for hryunomod.. nobody benefits from it except the author who makes money off of ads, no user benefits from it and no non-user benefits from a teammate having it either. Its a lose-lose situation for ally, enemy and user and ultimately for WG as it drives customers away and creates frustration that would be absent with the absence of the mod, frustration ranked MM might  potentially provide, but that shouldnt even be considered until there are at least 25.000 players online on peak hours  if you ask me.

jakub_czyli_ja #11 Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:45 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 282 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

Well, if you see somebody with overall WR at 45% level, you may quite safely assume that he or she sucks. It gets harder with average and better players.

Hryunmod page is the only one I know that shows number of battles played in flights, but since some see flights as a cancer of this game, I really doubt that WG will show that particular thing on player' page.

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

King_ExtincE #12 Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:57 PM

You mad brah?

• Conquest Member
  • 152 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 15 March 2017 - 08:45 PM, said:

Well, if you see somebody with overall WR at 45% level, you may quite safely assume that he or she sucks. It gets harder with average and better players.

Hryunmod page is the only one I know that shows number of battles played in flights, but since some see flights as a cancer of this game, I really doubt that WG will show that particular thing on player' page.

Regardless of what they do or do not show, there should be the option to hide one's stats entirely. And not just on the profile page, in-game as well. Sure if you see someone has negative winrate you'll give them a lower priority if you use that mod. But what most mod users seem to do is to try and kill the guy with hte high win rate at all costs, in my experience, giving the rest of the enemy teams a lot of pressure relieve and a numerical advantage over their own team so that by the time they kill the guy with good stats, if they even succeeds, the rest of their team has pretty much died out. You know what games are the games these people lose? Those with a fancy color in hryunomod? The games where 3-7 of their teammates are dead in the first 120seconds. Those are the games they lose. You wanna kill em and beat em? Make sure they cant use their team as distraction and mop up, it's literally the only way in 90% of the cases, because this tunnelvision on behaviour forces these players with good hryun stats to fly almost exclusively in OP planes and/or flights in order to have a chance at enjoying, or at least winning the game. 

jakub_czyli_ja #13 Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:31 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 282 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2
With such number of players you don't really need Hryunmod to evaluate threats and pick players to finish them first.

omglaserspewpew #14 Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:25 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 506 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27
Well, the rationale is pretty easy, actually: if I don't focus good players, they'll focus me. Happens 90% of the time, so I rarely take chances. :P Though usually I shoot the enemy that looks most dangerous, doesn't matter if it's a good player or a bot.

jakub_czyli_ja #15 Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:45 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 282 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

Solution for that would be simply to mask players and bots into single namespace like "Enemy A", "Enemy B" etc, which would make stat part of Hryunmod impossible to work.

Unfortunately due to reporting system it's hard not reveal, which plane is bot and which is human controlled.

Greyshark #16 Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:08 PM

First Lieutenant

• Community Contributor
  • 1 battle
  • [JFA] JFA
I had much more questions than 3. In general I answered similar as most of you guys, asking for possibility to set my profile as private, which blocks my data in API making my stats unavailable for any third party website or mods.

FTR gems: "In WoT gameplay, you can pretty much go and at least deal some damage, make yourself be known, fight and earn your kills and skills. In WoWp, its all RNG, your ping dictates if a shower of bullets hits or not."

" The companion AI autoaim is a mess, 80% of the time you are on a bomber, you’ll miss the target"

King_ExtincE #17 Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:27 PM

You mad brah?

• Conquest Member
  • 152 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
greyshark for the love of god I nééd to know where the quotes in your signature come from, this article is bound to be hilarious

MayyoNaise #18 Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:11 PM

Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 0 battles

View PostKing_ExtincE, on 16 March 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

greyshark for the love of god I nééd to know where the quotes in your signature come from, this article is bound to be hilarious

http://ftr.wot-news....fo-wowp-future/

King_ExtincE #19 Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:50 PM

You mad brah?

• Conquest Member
  • 152 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostMayyoNaise, on 16 March 2017 - 05:11 PM, said:

Thanks!

Other than the specific quotes greyshark mentioned the other points have some degree of correctness to them.. Love this one as well " the staff believes that the main success of WT aerial warfare is because you not only fight against planes, but against player controlled AA tank guns and other tanks down below: “you can take your ire against an unsuspecting player on the ground and blow him to smithereens" as if WT wasnt 10x as popular as WoWP already long before tanks were even part of the game.. lol. 
"- maps might become a bit smaller and with fewer objectives (WoWs style)" wut? I hope they mean bigger.. also there's  more objectives in wows? 

And it finishes with polls will come out, guess I must have missed those cuz the article is over 2 years old.. then again I don't think a lot of what this "insider" said proved to be reliable in the first place so not surprised there.. 

Leirix #20 Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 0 battles
Anonymous? Ha! How old are you and good bye anonymity. ;)
Ego sum magistratus et supra ortographiam! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users