• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

_MrPig_ #21 Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:00 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 1 battle
  • [COSTS] COSTS

View Postomglaserspewpew, on 24 March 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

EDIT: and please don't take offense; you're all good pilots here and I'm genuinely curious how you can find some best-in-tier planes inferior. :unsure:

As you, Cheaterhater, and velkov pointed out rightly, most of the planes are not bad in itself, but some pilots suck at flying them. This is an important point that I recognize. I don't blame the He100, it's just me who can't make good use of it. On the other hand I enjoy a lot of crappy planes that have low speed or altitude, or are inferior in several ways. Here is my list of 5 favourite crap planes:

Beaufighter, VB-10, Ki-162(t9), Mustang IA, La-15

reverzibilni #22 Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 10 battles
  • [PM101] PM101
I dont understand,how someone can say,ta152,new jap 9t,new american multirol is crap....what planes and what stils you uses??

HansGriger #23 Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:28 PM

League Champion

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles
  • [JFA] JFA
Boomerang, Hurricane, BA27 The Fuggly Italian clothing rack (but i secretly love it, both the looks and that erm performance):unsure:   Miles20 , Peggy lost its soul and is now only rocketpeggy just to name a few

Edited by HansGriger, 24 March 2017 - 09:29 PM.

wlatopa #24 Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:49 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 86 battles

I think depends of playstyle.Everyone have his style and some planes are very crappy for him.

As said Maxram,the question is: in your opinion,what the worst? For example ,for me all planes with large caliber weapons and low firerate are crappy ;) Some players hates F86A,I love it,ideal for my playstyle and i think is the best fighter in high tiers.

P.S. As usual Cheater have the absolute truth,but he forgot that all 109 serie was nerfed months ago.

Edited by sparkydoc, 24 March 2017 - 10:03 PM.

King_ExtincE #25 Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:58 PM

You mad brah?

• Conquest Member
  • 135 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View Postomglaserspewpew, on 24 March 2017 - 08:30 PM, said:

I can name some planes that I really feel vulnerable and inferior in.

1. XP-77

EDIT: and please don't take offense; you're all good pilots here and I'm genuinely curious how you can find some best-in-tier planes inferior. :unsure:

riiiight the xp77 exists. I'll swap my nomination for the repblican tier IV out for that one then. Although the last thing i feel like in the republican is fast, few things are as pointless as the xp-77, if any.

Grolim #26 Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:22 PM

League Champion

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles

Well I think the subject might be a bit to big so I'll restrict myself to worst premium plane per tier:

2: Ki8, an awful piece of hardware which in theory sports a reargunner, unfortunately this guy won't even shout insults at the planes within his field of fire.

3: Breda Ba.27 Metallico, perfect for drying your wet clothes and not anything else. It does sport an AlfaRomeo engine and two heavy mashine guns but nothing can save it from its flight performance.

Honorable mention for tier 3 is Polikarpov TsKB-12bis "The plane without guns", CAC CA-1 Wirraway "No way" and Dornier Do 17 Z-7 Kauz "Why Klaus?" which has been fubared with the nerf bat.

4: A plane which I do not have myself, Fairly Fantome "The Fantome" I think it has that name since it sports deeply underwealming armament and it is slow...and low.

Honorable mention Messerschmitt Bf 110 C-6 which now for all practical purposes is armed with four rifle caliber mashineguns. Just forget the cannon.

5: Polikarpov I-180-3 "Yet another Soviet plane without guns" it is agile, the end.

6: Supermarine Spitfire V DB 605 "Good plane, good engine, poor result". Slow, inaccurate, bad! Tied for worst at its tier with De Havilland 98 Mosquito FB 26, as Max mensioned poooooor performance.

Runner up: Bell P-39Q-15 Airacobra

7: There are no useless tier 7 premium planes but if I need to give one up it would be Mitsubishi J4M Senden

8: Messerschmitt Me 109 TL

Cheaterhater #27 Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:52 PM

Testpilot

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles
  • [JFA] JFA

View Postsparkydoc, on 24 March 2017 - 10:49 PM, said:

P.S. As usual Cheater have the absolute truth,but he forgot that all 109 serie was nerfed months ago.

Except they weren't. But let's assume for a moment you were right. I've played the Bf 109 B just a few (two or so) weeks ago, and it was still so OP that it felt like cheating. Now, of course, there could be a plane (excluding heavies) that could be more OP on that tier. But which one would that be? The Model 81A was always second to the Bf 109 B, which means you can win against a Bf 109 B only if you make no mistake at all, while the Bf 109 B makes a mistake or two. However, I can confirm that the situation between those planes is still the same as before. The Bf 109 B still slightly outperforms the Model 81A (while having vastly superior firepower). Which means that if there had been a nerf, it was so minimal that it did not affect balance on that tier at all. And also, there wasn't a nerf. Besides, in the last tier IV tournament, the Bf 109 B was still the first pick (as always). How come if it is so bad?

Seriously, if you don't perform well in the Bf 109 B, send me a replay of such a case. I will watch it and point out what you can do better. It's such a good (as in OP) plane, and it always pains me to see people turnfighting against Russian or Japanese planes in it. Most people who do that won't listen to advice (and proceed to show the same behaviour with the Me 262 and others), but you're visiting the forum, which means you can take advice if you're willing to.

Another plane that's truly bad is the VB 10. It's slow, and it doesn't turn well either because it's a heavy. While it can outturn like two of the other heavies on that tier, that barely makes up for it. Firepower is great and reliable, but so is that of the F7F.

@Grolim: The Do 17 Z is a nice mention. Even when it was introduced it was "bad", and I'm not sure if it's actually even worse now. I put "bad" in quotes, and I didn't mention that plane in my post because I think that this is actually how a heavy should perform. It's just that the Fw 57 is so disgustingly OP that the Do 17 Z appears so bad in comparison. I think that without the Fw 57, it would be neither too weak nor to strong. But with the current balance, it's quite bad indeed. And I think the I-180-3 has nice firepower. Two heavy and two light machine guns, that's more than what some people put on their Bf 109 E. Also, it's fast. I like it quite a lot, but I rarely play it because that roll rate is barely manageable with my controls. Oh, and you made the XP-77 sad by not mentioning it.

Edited by Cheaterhater, 25 March 2017 - 04:54 PM.

RIP WoWP

Grolim #28 Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:41 PM

League Champion

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles

@Cheaterhater

I am somewhat disappointed, I thought you would argue against Ki8 on the list. Perhaps I should have said that my take on "worst plane" is the plane which when I press "battle" I am confident that I will have no impact what so ever on the outcome of the battle. I am quite aware that my choises are not the same as your choises but perhaps my list will discurage someone from buying crap planes. Specifics: Do17 used to be able to outturn FW57, now it can't even that. It flies lower, slower, worse firepower, worse reargunner, less powerfull boost. For I-180 there are some who can make it work for them, I am just one of you.

Cheaterhater #29 Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:40 PM

Testpilot

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles
  • [JFA] JFA

View PostGrolim, on 25 March 2017 - 07:41 PM, said:

I am somewhat disappointed, I thought you would argue against Ki8 on the list.

Well, I don't know about the Ki-8 tbh. While I have a few battles in it because I think that a little troll plane with a rear gunner is funny, I haven't played it in a while and I usually don't play tier 2. And yeah, it didn't feel like a strong plane (but that wasn't why I liked it; I liked it for its trollishness), but there are like 200 gift planes on that tier, and I have no idea about the balance there at all. So I cannot tell if there's a worse plane than the Ki-8. You could say I like that plane for its unique features, and also a bit ironically, just like I do with the XP-77 ;)

View PostGrolim, on 25 March 2017 - 07:41 PM, said:

Specifics: Do17 used to be able to outturn FW57, now it can't even that. It flies lower, slower, worse firepower, worse reargunner, less powerfull boost.

According to stats, it never turned better. But I also never tried, so it might've been like that. In addition to having more speed, altitude, firepower, etc., the Fw 57 also has more HP iirc. It always takes ages to take those things down, especially because you have so little time because they're so fast and climb so well. As I said, I don't disagree with you mentioning the Do 17 Z, I just think that the Fw 57 should be nerfed to the same levels. Then the Do 17 Z would not be completely outclassed anymore, and it would have its pros and cons (being faster than TnB planes on that tier, but you have to be careful with your energy if you want to fight BnZ fighters - which, in my opinion, is how heavies should perform).

And about the I-180-3 - I understand you don't like it, but there's still the XP-77 on that tier. Do you have no love (hate) for that one? :(

Edited by Cheaterhater, 25 March 2017 - 07:41 PM.

RIP WoWP

Grolim #30 Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:01 PM

League Champion

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles
@Cheaterhater, well XP-77 is not exactly awesome and OP. Actually I think the reason I like it is because I am usually ignored while flying it.

jakub_czyli_ja #31 Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:42 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 218 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View PostCheaterhater, on 25 March 2017 - 04:52 PM, said:

Except they weren't. But let's assume for a moment you were right. I've played the Bf 109 B just a few (two or so) weeks ago, and it was still so OP that it felt like cheating. Now, of course, there could be a plane (excluding heavies) that could be more OP on that tier. But which one would that be? The Model 81A was always second to the Bf 109 B, which means you can win against a Bf 109 B only if you make no mistake at all, while the Bf 109 B makes a mistake or two. However, I can confirm that the situation between those planes is still the same as before. The Bf 109 B still slightly outperforms the Model 81A (while having vastly superior firepower). Which means that if there had been a nerf, it was so minimal that it did not affect balance on that tier at all. And also, there wasn't a nerf. Besides, in the last tier IV tournament, the Bf 109 B was still the first pick (as always). How come if it is so bad?

Except that there is a change in line - B and E have decent armament and great altitude characteristics. Then F and G get much less firepower comparing heaviest configurations and number of HP of their usual targets: B: 171, E: 244, F: 188, G: 278. In case of 109G, 30mm cannon gives 180 dps, but is highly unreliable and should be fired from small distance. Low airspeed makes it hard.

Same as Mustangs, 109 line from blatantly OP was nerfed to barely usable at higher tiers.

E became IIRC a bit sluggish, F and G have less firepower and lack ability to perform killing strike, 209 was also nerfed, it was a light king of VIII tier, now has problems with La-9 (although I have problems in Seafang fighting some 209s). 1092 was also nerfed with everything except firepower and can lose dogfight with Ta 183, which is a kind of achievement (1092 wasn't able to shake nor outmaneuver me flying Ta 183 with 20mm cannons), and 1101 is again slow.

Worst premium planes is a kind of different category, since there are much more than 5 sucking planes that anybody can waste money.

Tier III Supermarine Type 224 - is beaten down with almost everything by tier II I-15. Twin premiums: Ki-18 and Ki-33 with laughable 2x7,7mm. Gift Buffalo and Boeing XP-29 share same weak firepower.

Gift Curtiss 81A-1 again with mediocre 2x12,7mm.

Tier V Curtiss P-40 M-105 has tragic altitude performance so has to fight against turnfighters. Me 209V once was fast (in RL beat the world speed record), now can be effectively chased by US fighters and is another premium plane with weak firepower. Gift Venom doesn't have to be chased, Hurricane also, plus hitting 40mm cannon is a huge disappointment - damage per hit seems to be half of that one could expect.

Tier VI Spit V DB 605 - I thought about buying it, but after flying on test server it became a strong NAY - armament is crap. Mustang Mk.I doesn't look shining due to speed and machine guns.

My tier VII king of crap is Meteor (once could fight with 262, now is slower than props). 302 seems to get nerf also, didn't fly it much, and I want to buy Fw 190 A-8, so there may be 3 planes.

At tier VIII 109 TL may be also a big disappointment, but personally I like it for look.

14,5 of fail purchases.

Clear cache/Skasuj cache: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%TEMP%\wargaming.net\wowp\cache"

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

Cheaterhater #32 Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:41 PM

Testpilot

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles
  • [JFA] JFA

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 25 March 2017 - 09:42 PM, said:

Except that there is a change in line - B and E have decent armament and great altitude characteristics. Then F and G get much less firepower comparing heaviest configurations and number of HP of their usual targets: B: 171, E: 244, F: 188, G: 278. In case of 109G, 30mm cannon gives 180 dps, but is highly unreliable and should be fired from small distance. Low airspeed makes it hard.

E became IIRC a bit sluggish, F and G have less firepower and lack ability to perform killing strike, 209 was also nerfed, it was a light king of VIII tier, now has problems with La-9 (although I have problems in Seafang fighting some 209s). 1092 was also nerfed with everything except firepower and can lose dogfight with Ta 183, which is a kind of achievement (1092 wasn't able to shake nor outmaneuver me flying Ta 183 with 20mm cannons), and 1101 is again slow.

That's not the point. He said "all BF109 series except 109F" - and to be honest, I interpreted that as "Bf 109 B, Bf 109 E and Bf 109 G" and didn't consider T8 to T10 since they don't carry the "Bf 109" label. But no matter how you interpret it, that statement still includes the Bf 109 B and Bf 109 E, which are still the best light fighters on their respective tiers. So saying that line is the worst on all tiers is most definitely wrong, since there's at least one counter-example (in this case even two).

Edited by Cheaterhater, 25 March 2017 - 09:46 PM.

RIP WoWP

wlatopa #33 Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:10 AM

• Conquest Member
  • 86 battles

View PostCheaterhater, on 25 March 2017 - 04:52 PM, said:

Seriously, if you don't perform well in the Bf 109 B, send me a replay of such a case. I will watch it and point out what you can do better. It's such a good (as in OP) plane, and it always pains me to see people turnfighting against Russian or Japanese planes in it. Most people who do that won't listen to advice (and proceed to show the same behaviour with the Me 262 and others), but you're visiting the forum, which means you can take advice if you're willing to.

Another plane that's truly bad is the VB 10. It's slow, and it doesn't turn well either because it's a heavy. While it can outturn like two of the other heavies on that tier, that barely makes up for it. Firepower is great and reliable, but so is that of the F7F.

@Grolim: The Do 17 Z is a nice mention. Even when it was introduced it was "bad", and I'm not sure if it's actually even worse now. I put "bad" in quotes, and I didn't mention that plane in my post because I think that this is actually how a heavy should perform. It's just that the Fw 57 is so disgustingly OP that the Do 17 Z appears so bad in comparison. I think that without the Fw 57, it would be neither too weak nor to strong. But with the current balance, it's quite bad indeed. And I think the I-180-3 has nice firepower. Two heavy and two light machine guns, that's more than what some people put on their Bf 109 E. Also, it's fast. I like it quite a lot, but I rarely play it because that roll rate is barely manageable with my controls. Oh, and you made the XP-77 sad by not mentioning it.

P36 overturn everytime 109B,same speed,good firepower and altitude,not overheating guns so fast. When u find p36 with 109b ,or u stay high and see the battle,or u are dead.When you go under optimal atitude u   never return up,and low is a brick.109E is better for guns,but the same of 109b,under 1600m is a brick easily outmanouvred by all planes tier 5 (except FW,very bad serie) ,slow,engine too nerfed,dont turn never. Do17z is a great plane in good hands.

Edited by sparkydoc, 26 March 2017 - 08:37 AM.

LORDDOOMSDAY #34 Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:44 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 10 battles
  • [_UN_] _UN_

3. Super corsair.

R U Serious? :trollface: One of the best 8T? :facepalm:

UNFORGIVEN CEO

Kings of the Baltic

jakub_czyli_ja #35 Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:07 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 218 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View PostLORDDOOMSDAY, on 26 March 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

3. Super corsair.

Best from the other side, losing energy just from not looking straight.

Not on my list only because it can be switched to GAA mode as F-84s and still gather exp. F-84s are because I have some other expectations from endgame planes.

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

0viking0 #36 Posted 26 March 2017 - 12:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 571 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

I can say only for the planes that I have. The worst for me are:

Hurricane... its like flying IL or Stuka

Me-209V4 (tier5)... fast, and nice roll rate... but I do very bad with it... dont like those tier 2/3 guns. Good and bad at the same time...

Fw-56... Worst than any tier 1 plane :)

Boeing YP-29

King_ExtincE #37 Posted 26 March 2017 - 12:25 PM

You mad brah?

• Conquest Member
  • 135 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 26 March 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

Best from the other side, losing energy just from not looking straight.

Not on my list only because it can be switched to GAA mode as F-84s and still gather exp. F-84s are because I have some other expectations from endgame planes.

super corsair losing energy? wut? The super corsair is the F2G right? I do believe only the p51H beats it in energy retention.. but the F4U-4's cannons are much much better because they overheat twice as slow

omglaserspewpew #38 Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:19 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 370 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27

View PostLORDDOOMSDAY, on 26 March 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

3. Super corsair.

View PostKing_ExtincE, on 26 March 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

super corsair losing energy? wut? The super corsair is the F2G right? I do believe only the p51H beats it in energy retention.. but the F4U-4's cannons are much much better because they overheat twice as slow

Well, apparently that's one of those planes where I just suck in it. :teethhappy: But my experience has been the same as jakub's: the moment you turn in that thing, you shed energy like crazy. Maybe it's just been power creeped a bit, or human enemies have all learned to deal with that plane (I grinded through it not long ago). I had a pilot with both engine gurus on it, and still couldn't outrun crap.

King_ExtincE #39 Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:08 PM

You mad brah?

• Conquest Member
  • 135 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
interestng.. got 280k xp in it, got it last month, flown 62 games in it. Survival rate of 42% aint that great but the mm i have with it seems cursed, has had almost exclusively tier 9 games and flights of p80s as opponents but never really felt like it was crap or anything, definitely not in the engine department 

jakub_czyli_ja #40 Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:32 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 218 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

Took F2G for a spin with pilot with single engine and mounted engine tuning.

Still the same - any mouse movement to change flight path and immediate loss of speed. No thanks, it's a plane that can do GT if there are no GAA available around.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users