Scripting planes error?

Script

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

JuiisPiltee #1 Posted 01 April 2017 - 02:57 PM

Airman Basic

• 146 battles
  • [LANZA] LANZA

Hi everyone, I have a problem when I try to edit .xml files.

I want to remove the decals from the planes Hawk III (China) and Hs 123 (Germany). And here's the thing:

First I open the script with WOT Mod Tools to decompile it and then I proceed to edit the file in Notepad and I delete ALL the script inside <decals> </decals>, so it doesn't show the decals in-game.

And then I save it and I also drag the .xml file in the mods folder.

The problem is that when I start World of Planes, everytime shows a black screen with wowp pointer arrow on it and I can't do anything.

Anyone can help me? Or at least make me a proper script for those 2 planes. Thanks :great:

Cheaterhater #2 Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:19 PM

Testpilot

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles
  • [JFA] JFA

Maybe you can try - instead of deleting the decals - to replace the texture by vehicles/airplanes/common/decals/decoration/byPlane/blank_decor.dds for all decals. If that decal is blank (as the file name suggests), then all decals should be invisible.

I must say though that I've never worked with these files, so it's just a guess.

RIP WoWP

JuiisPiltee #3 Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:08 PM

Airman Basic

• 146 battles
  • [LANZA] LANZA
I've just tried that, and it doesn't work either. :unsure:Thanks anyway.

Cheaterhater #4 Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:28 PM

Testpilot

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles
  • [JFA] JFA

Do you get a black screen again or does it just display the normal emblems? If the latter is the case, then maybe clearing the cache (by deleting the folder "%temp%\wargaming.net") might help. You might also need to rename/move/delete the file "cacheddb.bin", which you can find in "res\scripts\db" inside your WoWP folder.

Again, I have no idea if this'll work, but it might be worth a try. Both the cache folder and cacheddb.bin interfere with modded files, though I don't know if with these ones in particular.

Edited by Cheaterhater, 01 April 2017 - 06:39 PM.

RIP WoWP

jakub_czyli_ja #5 Posted 01 April 2017 - 07:10 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 204 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2
Maybe you should check logs to see what is the problem for exec.

Clear cache/Skasuj cache: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%TEMP%\wargaming.net\wowp\cache"

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

Gufo_Tave #6 Posted 02 April 2017 - 04:38 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 124 battles

The right procedure is:

1. Copy the .XML file
  2. Decript with WOTtools
  3. open with Notepad
  4. When in Notepad, press CTRL+H, in order to replace commas (,) with dots (.): just click on "replace all" and you will solve this issue.
  5. Now, you have a workin, uncripted .XML file. 
  6. To remove decals, now you can erase the part within <decal> and </decal>  (without the "s"). What you need to remove is:
    1. ​Nationality decals (are in the decalGroup "clan_big")
    2. Platoon number
    3. rank
    4. member number
  7. Save the edited file and copy it in res_mods 

In your specific case, as a quick test, try to follow the point "4", for starting. If your OS puts commas insted of dots, the game crashes.

In engineering, could exist not-optimal solution, but ridiculus ones... never
In most cases, the right question is not "why?".  In most cases, the right question is "why not?".
A ridiculous decision is the madness of a moment. A ridiculous person is the madness of a life.

JuiisPiltee #7 Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:37 PM

Airman Basic

• 146 battles
  • [LANZA] LANZA

Thanks everyone! (Specially Gufo_Tave) I've fixed it by changing all commas with dots and it's working fine! :honoring: 

See you in the sky!

Gufo_Tave #8 Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:50 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 124 battles

View PostJuiisPiltee, on 04 April 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

Thanks everyone! (Specially Gufo_Tave) I've fixed it by changing all commas with dots and it's working fine! :honoring: 

See you in the sky!

As i though... in some contries commas are used instead of dots, as decimal separator. This means that in those countries, the operative system use the wrong symbol, crashing the game at start.
In most cases, the right question is not "why?".  In most cases, the right question is "why not?".
A ridiculous decision is the madness of a moment. A ridiculous person is the madness of a life.

Senjougahara #9 Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:33 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 215 battles

View PostGufo_Tave, on 02 April 2017 - 04:38 PM, said:

1. Decript with WOTtools

Is there a legit download for this? I can only find stuff that triggers virus alerts

Edit: just downloaded source from https://github.com/k...ile/WoTModTools and compiled it using Visual Studio - seems the official website is locked behind a login screen with no obvious way to sign up so this was my only option

Edited by Senjougahara, 13 November 2017 - 08:39 PM.

Senjougahara #10 Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:13 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 215 battles

I'm still struggling with this, maybe they changed the way it works in 2.0 or something but no matter what I change in the .xml file the decals will not disappear, they always still load.

I've tried removing the part between <decal> </decal> as Gufo_Tave suggested

I've tried changing the path so it points to blank.dds

I've tried removing the entire <decal group> section

Every time I save the script (to C:\Games\World_of_Warplanes_EU\res_mods\2.0.1.0\scripts\db\aircrafts\Germany\bf-109e.xml) and load the game, all of the decals still load no matter what I remove from or edit in the script.

There's one particular decal I want to remove because it's covering up part of the skin I've painted for this plane. Theoretically I could just change the decal into the image of what I want there instead, but any editing of the decal file itself just causes the decal to not load at all, I assume because it has an error loading it and skips it. I could use this corruption of the decal file to stop it loading the decal as I want, but there's 2 problem with this approach: 1. it's more of a hack and not a real solution so it's not ideal, and 2. it prevents the decal from loading on ANY plane of the same nation so it's messy.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Gufo_Tave #11 Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:35 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 124 battles

View PostSenjougahara, on 13 November 2017 - 09:13 PM, said:

I'm still struggling with this, maybe they changed the way it works in 2.0 or something but no matter what I change in the .xml file the decals will not disappear, they always still load.

I've tried removing the part between <decal> </decal> as Gufo_Tave suggested

I've tried changing the path so it points to blank.dds

I've tried removing the entire <decal group> section

Every time I save the script (to C:\Games\World_of_Warplanes_EU\res_mods\2.0.1.0\scripts\db\aircrafts\Germany\bf-109e.xml) and load the game, all of the decals still load no matter what I remove from or edit in the script.

There's one particular decal I want to remove because it's covering up part of the skin I've painted for this plane. Theoretically I could just change the decal into the image of what I want there instead, but any editing of the decal file itself just causes the decal to not load at all, I assume because it has an error loading it and skips it. I could use this corruption of the decal file to stop it loading the decal as I want, but there's 2 problem with this approach: 1. it's more of a hack and not a real solution so it's not ideal, and 2. it prevents the decal from loading on ANY plane of the same nation so it's messy.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Go to: ...\World of warplanes\res\scripts\db\cacheddb.bin and change in cacheddb_old.bin

Senjougahara #12 Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:28 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 215 battles

View PostGufo_Tave, on 14 November 2017 - 08:35 PM, said:

Go to: ...\World of warplanes\res\scripts\db\cacheddb.bin and change in cacheddb_old.bin

That worked perfectly, thanks.

Gufo_Tave #13 Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:39 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 124 battles

View PostSenjougahara, on 14 November 2017 - 09:28 PM, said:

That worked perfectly, thanks.

You are welcome: the file i had indicated is a shortcut to all the .xml files, and it is used by the game to shorten loading.

If you want to use edited .xml, you had to remove, or deactivate it.

scramaseax #14 Posted Yesterday, 02:36 PM

Airman Basic

• 112 battles
Is there any way/any place within the decrypted xml file to disable the clan icon from showing, given you can remove (post # 6 here) nationality, platoon number, rank, member number?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users