So this is how it's supposed to be played?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

GrAttAi #1 Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:04 PM

Senior Airman

• 762 battles
As a GAA I'm 'the last hope' very often.  I really like dogfighting against a fighter (or two), my armor and guns against his (or hers) agility. But getting jumped on by 5 or more opponents is no fun, so when I saw I had superiority I hid and fled this time. And won. But is this the way it is supposed to be played?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwAPaXuGQQsDTU9OZlVnS3NCQkk

kristermann #2 Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:16 PM

League Champion

• Squadron Leader
  • 6251 battles
  • [-JFF] -JFF

Edited

Edited by Asklepi0s, Yesterday, 12:45 PM.

GrAttAi #3 Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:33 PM

Senior Airman

• 762 battles

View Postkristermann, on 18 April 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

However, if you really like dogfighting then I'd suggest you bin & sell all those pointless GAA planes and join the rest of the player base in having a good and fun dogfight, actually help your team a bit.

Thank you, that would seem an obvious choice wouldn't it? :-) 
But I hate BnZ and really dont like grinding through the Japanese line. So I get stuck at Tier IV-V where everything goes BnZ.
Some of the GAA I hate too, but some of them are actually great fun to fly.  Besides I've delivered my team superiority quite a few times... ;-)

dreambill #4 Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:00 PM

Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 12200 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

With all do respect for kristermann I would say play what ever you like and makes you feel happy.

I believe that is fun in every type of planes, different between the types and tiers also.

I'd say that 700 battles are not enough for someone to experience the full aspect of the game which differs a lot as you progress through tiers.

During my play so far I changed opinion about planes a lot of times, something that has to do with learning every time something new and improving my self. (I hope).

I don't feel ashamed to tell that at your battle count GAs was my number 1 selection, cause felt easier to fly and collect exp with them.

In fact my first ever tier10 was the IL40p which I still fly and consider it the easiest way to get my daily thunder token, even if I loose the battle cause my team didn't won the high alt battle.

But believe me I'm amazed also with my BnZ HFs, love my Jap JWs, so fragile but so rewording when you hit something, my FTs both english and Russian, and the list goes on.

And I still have a lot of planes to get, so my taste may change again in the future.

Leirix #5 Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 30358 battles
  • [CCM] CCM

View PostGrAttAi, on 18 April 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

As a GAA I'm 'the last hope' very often.  I really like dogfighting against a fighter (or two), my armor and guns against his (or hers) agility. But getting jumped on by 5 or more opponents is no fun, so when I saw I had superiority I hid and fled this time. And won. But is this the way it is supposed to be played?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwAPaXuGQQsDTU9OZlVnS3NCQkk

Your 1st Job as a ground attacker is to attack the dangerous anti aircraft. For example let's take the pacific map. Most human groundattackers go to the 2 heavy cruisers in east or west. But this map is won over Center. After game started mark the Center 1 time with cntrl+left click and then a F8+leftclick. This Shows the bots where they should go and your Team mates, hopefully 1 or 2 helpful groundattackers, where you go. Then destroy or help to destroy the 3 centerships (doesnt matter, from both sides there are 3 Center ships). If an enemy ground attacker goes for you, fight back. It makes no sense to do ground Targets with a ground attacker at your rear. After having destroyed Center i usually go for the battle ship and the 5 destroyers, make sure, that you have enoguh bombs left to destroy it. If not, destroy only anti aircrafts. With this tactics you mostly havent the Problem to be last plane, your Team wins almost always, if they fight with you - and most Teams do.

This System works in every map, if you know, which antiaircraft is dangerous for your fighters, if they were forced to fly near ground.

Defense, if you are last man Standing, is difficult, when you have human leftovers. I prefer a Speed defence and let my rear gunner work, bomb traps in endgame you dont survive normally. Vs. bots it is easier. Also Speed defense, but tryy to fly Close to mountains, Canyons, trees. Bots don't like such flying and often Crash. Againtst up to 8 bots i usually Play for win, but in this case superiority works for enemy. If you are attacked by human fighters or heavy in the beginning of a game, try to trap them with bombs and try to get them as a Bonus kill to a ground target. But this Needs a lot of practice.

So don't listen to kristermann, if you like the heavy pieces, cause he disgusts them. :)

Edited by Leirix, 18 April 2017 - 05:35 PM.

Ego sum magistratus et supra ortographiam! :)

Leirix #6 Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 30358 battles
  • [CCM] CCM

And to the replay! I see you fly the French T8 NC-1070. I recommend the russian line 1st, cause these planes are pure ground attackers. The  French is a top plane, but it is very hard to fly, cause it is a paperplane. An IL-10, 20, the IL-10M or the Me 329 destroy you within seconds. A line you learn by playing from the beginning and low Tier premium planes like Bsh-1, LBsh and IL.2(mod). and you can Train your Crew, if you always use the same on the premium planes.

Excuse my caps, but the Auto correction makes me mad. No idead, how to disable. :)

Edited by Leirix, 18 April 2017 - 05:45 PM.

_Stealth_Hunter_ #7 Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:31 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 10960 battles

View PostGrAttAi, on 18 April 2017 - 03:33 PM, said:

But I hate BnZ and really dont like grinding through the Japanese line. So I get stuck at Tier IV-V where everything goes BnZ.

Try the Russian Lavochkin line, they're pretty good mid-altitude machines. Same goes for the Japanese Ki-XX line of aircraft starting at Tier VI...:great:

#BotLivesMatter

Old signature now in accordance to standards passed by our new robotic overlords

TANKOPPRESSION #8 Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:37 PM

Senior Airman

• 6051 battles
  • [PAKFA] PAKFA

I would say its a Fighter Aircraft  game .

A Good Name Endureth , Love As Brethren .

GrAttAi #9 Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:03 PM

Senior Airman

• 762 battles

View PostLeirix, on 18 April 2017 - 05:29 PM, said:

Your 1st Job as a ground attacker is to attack the dangerous anti aircraft. {SNIP!} But this Needs a lot of practice.

So don't listen to kristermann, if you like the heavy pieces, cause he disgusts them. :)

View PostLeirix, on 18 April 2017 - 05:44 PM, said:

And to the replay! I see you fly the French T8 NC-1070. I recommend the russian line 1st, cause these planes are pure ground attackers. The  French is a top plane, but it is very hard to fly, cause it is a paperplane. An IL-10, 20, the IL-10M or the Me 329 destroy you within seconds. A line you learn by playing from the beginning and low Tier premium planes like Bsh-1, LBsh and IL.2(mod). and you can Train your Crew, if you always use the same on the premium planes.

Excuse my caps, but the Auto correction makes me mad. No idead, how to disable. :)

Well thank you for the tips, this will take some getting used to, but i will try and see what happens ;-)
I am grinding through the Russian Line and almost have IL20 up to full spec (only engine left). Skipped IL8 for now (went IL10) but will buy it when IL20 is completed. But I really, really love that NC-1070. Nimble for a GAA (better than IL10 I think!), good guns front AND aft and 8 usable bombs. My favorite plane, won much air to air battles with IL10-20 and Me 265/329's. Have to practice my bomb-kill skills though ;-)

Edited by GrAttAi, 19 April 2017 - 02:04 PM.

fugepilot #10 Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:12 PM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 2948 battles

As another "bottom feeding maggot", I applaud the sound advice posted above by our respected senior BFM brother Leirix. :honoring:

I haven't tried controlling the bots with commands yet ... will be giving it a go soon.

At the start I usually, try to predict where the fur-ball will form and try to position myself right under it. This can allow my pimped rear gun to get some damage in to help the fighter boys and if an enemy fighter strays too low well ....

Then I slink off to hit the GTs, and yes I try to get as many AA sites as possible in the process. If I pick up a tail at this point I turn back under the fur-ball and hope for some fighter assistance. As there's nothing like a fighter pre-occupied with GAA-bullying in presenting a juicy target for one's own team.

Oh, and welcome aboard GrAttAi !. :)

_Poe #11 Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:49 AM

Senior Airman

• 2770 battles

I am bad player so because of this  I really do not see, for me, the advantage of rising up and stay in group of fighters. I tend to avoid initial game engagements as much as I can and only accept figh one -on-one after I see what is going on  and aproach sneaky. It may seem as a scavanger tactics but truly I hate pack against pack fight and thinking where is someone on my tail and receivinge enemy, and friendly,  bursts from all sides and even crashing to other planes.

teammates ( those rare who are not ex soviet robots   Svyatoslav & comrades.) hate this but I am sorry.

Edited by _Poe, 20 April 2017 - 10:56 AM.

OraoZoveKondora #12 Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:26 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2810 battles
  • [DITO] DITO

View Post_Poe, on 20 April 2017 - 10:49 AM, said:

I am bad player so because of this  I really do not see, for me, the advantage of rising up and stay in group of fighters. I tend to avoid initial game engagements as much as I can and only accept figh one -on-one after I see what is going on  and aproach sneaky. It may seem as a scavanger tactics but truly I hate pack against pack fight and thinking where is someone on my tail and receivinge enemy, and friendly,  bursts from all sides and even crashing to other planes.

teammates ( those rare who are not ex soviet robots   Svyatoslav & comrades.) hate this but I am sorry.

"svyatoslav&comrades"

you will have many friends here

_Poe #13 Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:23 PM

Senior Airman

• 2770 battles

View PostOraoZoveKondora, on 20 April 2017 - 09:26 PM, said:

"svyatoslav&comrades"

I already got one as it seems.Do not worry I am almost sure I  can handle it .

Edited by _Poe, 20 April 2017 - 10:28 PM.

GrAttAi #14 Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:52 PM

Senior Airman

• 762 battles

View Postfugepilot, on 19 April 2017 - 06:12 PM, said:

Oh, and welcome aboard GrAttAi !. :)

Thanks!

_Poe #15 Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:42 PM

Senior Airman

• 2770 battles

View PostOraoZoveKondora, on 20 April 2017 - 09:26 PM, said:

"svyatoslav&comrades"

2 of most common encountered generic bot names in the game, hardly can make friendship with them.

Edited by _Poe, 21 April 2017 - 06:42 PM.

Leirix #16 Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 30358 battles
  • [CCM] CCM

View Post_Poe, on 21 April 2017 - 07:42 PM, said:

2 of most common encountered generic bot names in the game, hardly can make friendship with them.

Iosif is one of my eldest friends! He plays almost always very well. :)

_Poe #17 Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:48 AM

Senior Airman

• 2770 battles

View PostLeirix, on 21 April 2017 - 10:40 PM, said:

Iosif is one of my eldest friends! He plays almost always very well. :)

My  observation was ,since I encountered name  Svyatoslav very frequently and Iosif to many times , usualy as ground attack planes , that game puts them as a bots filling the gap in match maker when ground attack planes are needed to balance the teams. Usualy those 2 names I suspected bots  are ground attack planes, I mean . people play fighters the most so game fills in the ground attack plane numbers  with bots. I can't say anythig about their performance , playing ground attack   hardy requiers skill.

Maybe I am just intersted in those 2 names, because one is name of middle age Novgorod prince  and the other one is 20 century first comrade Stalin  they awere interesting as generic name choice for developer.

Of course I can be and may have been wrong.

Edited by _Poe, 22 April 2017 - 09:59 AM.

fugepilot #18 Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:49 AM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 2948 battles

View Post_Poe, on 22 April 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

​ playing ground attack   hardy requiers skill.

Ouch! 

Had a peep at your stats and was impressed with the wealth of GAA experience on display. :unsure:

Leirix #19 Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 30358 battles
  • [CCM] CCM

View Post_Poe, on 22 April 2017 - 10:48 AM, said:

My  observation was ,since I encountered name  Svyatoslav very frequently and Iosif to many times , usualy as ground attack planes , that game puts them as a bots filling the gap in match maker when ground attack planes are needed to balance the teams. Usualy those 2 names I suspected bots  are ground attack planes, I mean . people play fighters the most so game fills in the ground attack plane numbers  with bots. I can't say anythig about their performance , playing ground attack   hardy requiers skill.

Maybe I am just intersted in those 2 names, because one is name of middle age Novgorod prince  and the other one is 20 century first comrade Stalin  they awere interesting as generic name choice for developer.

Of course I can be and may have been wrong.

No need to suspect, _Poe. You can identify bots by rightclicking then in ingame in team raster - no menue = bot, or after game in game report, rightclick - no menue = bot. Both of the players you mentioned above are bots. And bots never have a clan tag. I was kidding, _Poe. :)

Edited by Leirix, 22 April 2017 - 03:29 PM.

GrAttAi #20 Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:38 PM

Senior Airman

• 762 battles

View Post_Poe, on 22 April 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

playing ground attack   hardy requiers skill.

Ah... so you're probably one of those fighterjocks that doesn't pay any attention to the plane below attracting AA fire and neutralizing it at the same time, that's picking off (heavy) fighters that dare to enter the lower realms of the fight. You're probably the the high and mighty fighterpilot that, in return, never, ever provides assistance to GAA when called upon?

Edited by GrAttAi, 22 April 2017 - 03:39 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users