• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Bertiux #1 Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:55 AM

EU Producer

• WG Staff
  • 851 battles
  • [WG] WG

Dear pilots,

The new Wargaming.net Game Center is here, and we encourage you to change out your old World of Warplanes launcher for a whole new experience! The Game Center lets you keep all your Wargaming games in one place, with spaces to read news, watch videos and find dynamite deals with ease! 

With the Game Center, you can: 

• Replace your regular launcher
  • Get in the game faster with automatic background updates 
  • See current news, sales, useful links and more in the launcher before you play
  • Check and repair installed games as necessary
  • Access all your favorite Wargaming products from one convenient location

Download it here

Got questions? We've got a section full of answers! Click the links below.

* You can carry on using the "Standard game launcher" until the 08th of September. From that date, the new Game Center will be the only functioning launcher. 
* This announcement will be also share through our portal in the near future, and all the knowledge base articles will be translated to our supported languages. 

Edited by Akriom, 28 July 2017 - 09:06 AM.

HALL_OF_FAKE #2 Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:18 PM

Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 7506 battles
  • [DITO] DITO
thanks for the link

omglaserspewpew #3 Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:13 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 13737 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27
Oh, you mean that Game Center, which has been causing loads of problems for American players for the past months?

0berhessen #4 Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:59 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 12731 battles
  • [JG26] JG26

i do not want it, i dont need it. everything works fine for me without it. i dont see any benefit using it.

why not dump it in the trash and use your resources for things like that annoying memory overflow that causes game crashes in wowp since years?

dreambill #5 Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:28 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 13561 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

I agree, it's a completely useless change, at least for users. Not to mention that once started it stays permanently running in the background.

I really don't need another useless program running permanently on my desktop. :angry:

Huhudidi #6 Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:40 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 1804 battles
  • [KAFU] KAFU

This is a wonderful example how WG could improve communication with their community. 

You praise changes - I as a player check if these changes are useful to me, and I personally (and obviously other players, too) see, oh, all these changes are of no use for me as it seems. 

So instead of praising changes, that my not be of interest for (many/most) users here, why just dont you explain in a short statement why you as the developer see the necessity of a new launcher (easier entrance to the different WG-Games for newer players, technical reasons, easier workprocess for you maybe, etc.). One article, and you could link it to all the games that are beeing connected by this launcher. So easy to show people you are taking them seriously. 

Edited by Huhudidi, 27 July 2017 - 10:45 AM.

maxram68 #7 Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:38 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 25315 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

View PostHuhudidi, on 27 July 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

So instead of praising changes, that my not be of interest for (many/most) users here, why just dont you explain in a short statement why you as the developer see the necessity of a new launcher (easier entrance to the different WG-Games for newer players, technical reasons, easier workprocess for you maybe, etc.).

In all fairness - in this particular case, I think they already explained (from Bertiux' post above):

Block Quote

• See current news, sales, useful links and more in the launcher before you play

...that some players apparently have some problems with it is a different story (I haven't had any since I got the GC shoveled down the throat during testing of 2.0).

But - yes - in general, communication from WG isn't always as good as one could wish for.

IMO this case about GC is an exception.

Edited by maxram68, 27 July 2017 - 11:40 AM.

The_Last_Jedi #8 Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:30 AM

Senior Airman

• 2875 battles
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2

Is this something like log Steam to play some games?

Is something like trace the tundra & aimboot users in wot?

Then nice improvement will be!

Or is just a background memory useless eater and spammer program?

I'm new here... so i ask vets & staf: was in wowp or will be something  like team or Clan Wars ?

0berhessen #9 Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:58 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 12731 battles
  • [JG26] JG26

View PostBertiux, on 24 July 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

Got questions?

Dear Bertiux, yes i do have questions, and those are not answered in your "section full of answers" as this "section" is just about troubleshooting answers as far as i have seen:

• Replace your regular launcher:  why should i replace my launchers? they work great! i have 3 launchers for the wargaming titles i play on my desktop (planes, ships, tanks) i dont need a launcher that contains stuff i dont play (like Master of Orion etc.)
  • Get in the game faster with automatic background updates : If one of the games is updated it is usually an ammount of at least 1 GB or more to download and install. I doubt it will be "fast" for example i play planes and tanks is beeing updated in the background, i can do the same with 2 launchers and it drops my ping time to unplayable. It is maybe caused by my system, my Internetconnection or whatelse, but as a matter of fact i doubt the Game Center will make it any better.
  • See current news, sales, useful links and more in the launcher before you play: We already have that in the Launchers we use today...
  • Check and repair installed games as necessary: It is seldom i need to check or repair my installed WG-Titles so far. Will it get worse in the future?
  • Access all your favorite Wargaming products from one convenient location: I already have 3 convenient locations for the wargaming titles on my desktop. Why should i replace? See question 1.

Looking forward to your answers/statements. Thanks in advance. Yours sincerely 0berhessen

m1nus #10 Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 5276 battles
Using it for a year or so (beta). Works fine, no issues, does what it is suppose to do. Have one client for three games. Fair enough though if you have a calculator the 135mb background memory usage will be an issue.

Gremorian #11 Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:45 AM

Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 10787 battles
  • [LLV24] LLV24
Your GameCenter doesn't recognize Steam version of Master Of Orion.

0berhessen #12 Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:41 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 12731 battles
  • [JG26] JG26
Hi Bertiux my questions are still not answered, anybody home?

EZI3 #13 Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:22 PM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 1085 battles
  • [C-STR] C-STR

OK, so it appears to be the very end of my WoWp playing. The game is death to me for long time, thx to WG amateurism (i played since closed beta), but i played few battles once in a while. Well, apparently not anymore. I don't want your [censored] Game center and my only hope is that it'll be not needed to play WoT. But something tells me, that my hope is vain...

View PostBertiux, on 24 July 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

The new Wargaming.net Game Center is here, and we encourage you to change out your old World of Warplanes launcher for a whole new experience!

Yeah! The whole new experience to launch the game...:facepalm: Why you always implement "improvements" that nobody wants?

P.S. Sry for my english, it's not my native language...

Edited by EZI3, 07 September 2017 - 04:12 PM.

0viking0 #14 Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 18844 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

View PostEZI3, on 07 September 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

Why you always implement "improvements" that nobody wants?

↑↑ this ↑↑

jakub_czyli_ja #15 Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:16 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 19245 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

Because WG wants that.

First - the new launcher shows every WG game, not only that particular one you have a wish to play. So maybe you'll accidentally waste more time in WG environment?

2nd - with default settings it can seed updates, reducing burden on WG servers, let players pay with their bandwidth for playing.

3rd - who knows what can that soft report to WG?

Clear cache/Skasuj cache: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%TEMP%\wargaming.net\wowp\cache"

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

dreambill #16 Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:49 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 13561 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

Why this "migration" is forced only on WoWplanes? Are we the experimental animals?

EZI3 #17 Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:52 PM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 1085 battles
  • [C-STR] C-STR

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 07 September 2017 - 08:16 PM, said:

2nd - with default settings it can seed updates, reducing burden on WG servers, let players pay with their bandwidth for playing.

Holy crap, rly? And when you said "with default settings" i suppose it can be disabled? BTW is there any "internal option" to automatically shutdown WGC after quitting the game?

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 07 September 2017 - 08:16 PM, said:

3rd - who knows what can that soft report to WG?

Exactly, that's why i don't want WGC in my PC... :puke:

View Postdreambill, on 08 September 2017 - 10:49 AM, said:

Why this "migration" is forced only on WoWplanes? Are we the experimental animals?

Bingo...

Tsar301 #18 Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:23 AM

Airman Basic

• 868 battles

do not want it or like the WG have to have this fing CRAPPY update tool which is been PROGRAMMED by two year monkeys

POORLY

so far  today it has CRASHED windows 3 times just doing updates

it has also stopped windows LOADING five times

suggest you lot total noob programmers let us UNINSTALL it till your moneys have done it properly

and also how the F*** am i to update tanks and ships NOW

Edited by Tsar301, 14 September 2017 - 08:33 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users